Superman Prequel Drama Series ‘Metropolis’

>Lois Lane and supervillain Lex Luthor are getting their own live-action series. Warner Bros. upcoming DC-Branded direct-to-consumer digital platform has given 13-episode straight-to-series order to Metropolis, a new drama series from Gotham executive producers John Stephens and Danny Cannon and Warner Bros. TV. It will go into production later this year for premiere on the service in 2019.

>Set in the wondrous and awe-inspiring City of Tomorrow before the arrival of Superman, Metropolis, based on the DC characters, follows Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets.

cringe

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2018/01/metropolis-dc-digital-service-live-action-superman-prequel-drama-series-lois-lane-lex-luthor-gotham-producers-1202273592/
pub.s6.exacttarget.com/3n2ilaj5d1a
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are there so many DC prequel AUs. Supergirl is doing fine so it can't be that they don't have the budget for actual superheroics.

>The project was previously under consideration at Fox, where it would have served as a companion to “Gotham,” the drama about Gotham City before the arrival of Batman.
200% mad

Gotham is fun, so I'll remain optimistic

Cool

Gotham City Sirens when?. I mean if you aren't gonna use the property in movies then at least have the decency to use it for TV, besides it was made to be a TV Show. I'll accept even if it is in The CW

Can we just have a Superman show? Why does everything have to be a prequel?

>But its fun!
That's subjective

Krypton AND Metropolis? Really? Does Superman really need two prequel series that don't actually have Superman in them running at the same time?

Because they are saving the big name for movies since everything has to be a cinematic universe now

Nooo... Whyyyy...

I hope it's as terrible as possible, and they make lois lane and lex luthor actually work together as partners for no reason and they have a dramatic falling out.

I’d rather see the return of Lois and Clark then continue to follow the DCEU.

As long as Lois and Lex don't hook up (thank you Bruce Timm), I'm in.

Post a source next time.

deadline.com/2018/01/metropolis-dc-digital-service-live-action-superman-prequel-drama-series-lois-lane-lex-luthor-gotham-producers-1202273592/

So, considering it's the execs behind Gotham, is Gotham done after this season?

Me too, and I say this as someone who loved JL enough to see it 3 times.

Gotham looked like it was going to be done last season, but here we are.

so are opinions of things as a whole, numbnuts

Calling it now. After WW2, we're getting a Themyscira show.

Krypton might be okay, this just sounds terrible.

Krypton seemed dumb at first but once the revealed it is't strictly a prequel about sit no one asked for it seems a lot more interesting. It's actually a time travel sow about Adam Strange and hawkwoman going to Krypton to prevent Superman from being erased from time. It's been said to also partially be set in the present on Earth.

At least with Krypton they have to be creative and can’t just throw in random rogues other then maybe Doomsday, Brainiac, or Mongel.

So the DC website post has this link: pub.s6.exacttarget.com/3n2ilaj5d1a
>Titans
>Young Justice
>Metropolis
>Harley Quinn
DC's got a Harley show in the works?

Yes. It will be an animated series.

Huh, really now
I guess if it prints money, they'd be stupid to leave money on the table

I KNEW IT

I FUCKING KNEW IT

I JOKED AFTER SMALLVILLE THAT THEY'D MAKE A SHOW CALLED "KRYTPON"

THEN I JOKED AFTER KRYPTON THAT THEY'D MAKE A SHOW CALLED "METROPOLIS"

I FUCKING KNEW IT, Sup Forums. I FUCKING KNEW IT

What show will they do next?

the dude that took over Powerless is producing it. the one with the Papa Roach story.

Make another prediction

>By submitting my email address and clicking SUBMIT, I certify that I am a resident of the United States

Boo, I wanted to be one of the first to know when DC streaming is up

A show about the fucking Bus ride Clark took from Smallville to Metropolis

It's bound to happen. You know it's true.

And no one will ever ask Lois why a reporter that seeks the truth chose to date the most dishonest guy in the whole city.

Clark Kent: The series

It is at least a year or two away.

And here I thought it would be a sequel to Smallville

>same producers as Gotham

Hot damn who will fire the rocket launcher

How? Tom Welling is busy with Lucifer and seems to enjoy it so I don't think he'll like to reprise his role as Clark again

>Metropolis without Superman

Why? Just make a Superman show with the guy from Supergirl.

A Themyscira show would be better than Metropolis. You could see Amazons battle with Gods and monsters. Metropolis is just going to be boring

that sounds cool. Metropolis sounds dumb and boring

Other ideas:
>A comedy about Ma and Pa Kent trying to raise a baby Superman
>A gritty drama starring Perry White in his early days at the Daily Planet
>Jimmy Olsen's Bizarre Adventure

Something Unlimited is canon now?

This is from "Superman: Doomsday". Lois seduces Lex just to knock him out and investigate his room. She spits in disgust right after the kiss.

HOWEVER, in the first two episodes of Superman: TAS, Lois and Lex were an item.

>Just make a Superman show with the guy from Supergirl.
No, it will be cw shit tier.

CENTRAL CITY?

It requires less budget and superpower action scenes.

OA

already made it and replaced the guardians with some weird dancing

A General Hospital/Grey's anatomy style soap opera starring Dr. Harleen Quinzel.

The page says it's coming in 2018

>Warner Bros. upcoming DC-Branded direct-to-consumer digital platform
Wouldn't a general wb service be better than a dc specific one.

Will it have that old lois and clark show? What about the oooolllddd aquaman stuff.

I was keen on krypton until that time travel shit.

That's a terrible idea. Krypton, gotham and metropolis have some potentiol but that would be boring shit.

Atlantis would be cool though. Make it a case of the week detective show.

If you want a wondy prequel then make it set before they retreated to paradise island.

Wait they ended up making powerless?

Atlantis cop show
Mars racial tension show (I don't know a whole lot about Martin Manhunter)

>Smallville
>Krypton
>Metropolis
>Gotham

This is the weirdest DC thing.

Gotham City Sirens!

They said it'll have all the old stuff. I don't think anything was officially announced. It's being paired with Marvel Unlimited-like comic service too, hence why it's DC only.

I hope it works out but I can't see them giving the shows more budget than a typical CW show.

Not really mad, it's something I'll never watch, but DC is so pathetic it's funny.

It will be better than Inhumans and Iron Fist, at least.

Llhe said, as people laughed at the inhumans trailer.

I can't wait for all of Superman's rogues to be appear before he does

>Harley getting an animated series before Diana
Whhhhy?

Krypton is a weird setup. Terminator setup to make sure Superman is born, and that Krypton is doomed regardless what Grandpa El does.

Yea but instead of being an insurance company dealing with Superhero stuff it was a WayneTech R&D branch that made shit for Batman unbeknownst to them.

The setup leaned so heavy on Batman that is pretty much fell apart.

Like making their boss some obscure Sliver Age Wayne Cousin.

Yeah, it's fucking stupid. DC timeline with just one superman isn't all that great. If they can go back in time, why not save all the kryptonians instead of like 3 or 4. You could have tons of supermen. They'd have to start giving out personal supermen like oprah gives out cars: you get a superman! and you get a superman! everyone gets a personal superman. What could go wrong?

Because they know Superman's the hero. And because everytime a Kryptonian is brought to Earth they're always evil assholes

Pull a Doctor Who and trap Krypton in a pocket dimenson after shooting off the baby rocket.

What the fuck is this? DC has quite a few superpowered teams they can use for a series to launch their streaming service... and they go for this?

>No Outsiders
>No Metal Men
>No Doom Patrol
>No Green Lantern Corps (doesn't need to have any human lanterns)
>No Legion of Superheroes
>No Wildstorm related characters

Any of them would be better than fucking Metropolis without Superman.

Hell, a Blackhawk show would be cool. They could do the post-Chaykin continuity with the Hawks doing covert missions for the gov

Winter Men should have a prestige series on HBO

no its not

>>Jimmy Olsen's Bizarre Adventure
Fund it.

You mean like in Smallville?

>No Superman

but why

Right cause Gotham was so successful and enjoyable

>CENTRAL CITY is a new one hour medical drama centered on Dr. Henry Allen and his struggle to conceal his job and his home life with his estranged wife Nora and their borderline supernaturally unlucky son Barry, who can never catch a break.

>No Outsiders

We are kinda getting this on Arrow at least.

It would still probably be better than this.