Picks up trash

>picks up trash
>*becomes villain*

Vulture was a good villain because of these reasons.
A. Traditionally MCU villains are played for laughs, not threats, he was played off as menacing
B. Most MCU villains aren't in costume very often if at all because normie pandering, his costume was prominently featured
C. Michael Keaton is a damned good actor

Other than that, yeah he's not that great, but for the MCU we've become accustomed to? He's great.

His costume is certainly an improvement.

And don't forget the most important point
>D. Bitching jacket

>max landis

>makes vulture good
>makes ultron bad

>make Iron man Good
>makes Hulk bad

MCU makes no sense

lmao, is that official?That's clearly a vulture joke

>aren't in costume very often if at all because normie pandering
If anything the normies want the costumes more.

It's just hard to keep the tone consistent doing it.

Crazy. It's like there are different people creating these different movies.

>Be overdesigned for a classic villan
>Be completely overdesigned, in a simplistic fashion im Marvel U

>I don't understand what overdesigned means but I saw someone say it before and it seemed smart to me

>people think Vulture is a good villain
>his only reason for becoming a villain is because he lost his job
>meanwhile there are tens of thousands of people homeless and starving, yet you don't see them becoming supervillains
Convince me the Vulture isn't retarded

I'm beginning to think a lot of Sup Forums either has shit taste in fashion, or they can't look at something unless its one sold color

It's good because of the irony of tony stark creating a villan.

this is like that scene in Invincible where Mark gets a guy a job after he tried to rob a bank

It was more about him tired of being shit on by life, and used Stark as an excuse to commit shady salvage like he was already thinking about doing.

>Hey guys, we can't use Norman Osborne again because we used him too much in the last two film series.
>How about we use Norman but just change his name to the Vulture?

There. That's why you faggots like MCU Vulture so much. He's just Norman again.

>Overdesigned
Stop using buzzwords to communicate

Also he fits into that nice villain role where you don't agree with him, but you can definitely see things from his point of view. Dude got screwed out of a juicy contract and did what he had to to protect/improve his family's livelihood.

If he was to embrace the name, would a beak have been too much? Maybe make it some specialized breather for when he goes to extremely high altitudes.

something something we often cause the means of our destruction

How in the hell is he anything like Norman?
Um, he kind of already has that in his design.

He's literally the polar opposite of Norman. Norman is psychotically obsessed with Spdier-Man while Vulture wants nothing to do with him and wishes they'd be able to just ignore each other.

>Norman is an opportunistic billionaire with a variety of psychological issues and a sadistic, sociopathic streak, obsessed with revenge and power above all else.

>MCU Toomes is rational, considerate working-class weapons dealer who keeps his crimes as low-profile and victimless as possible and wants the safety and security of his family above all else.

All they have in common is they are old white dudes who use green and have a kid who is friends with Peter Parker.

there's a difference between someone who had accepted being homeless and hopeless and someone who had a lot and got it taken from them

the latter will desperately want to get it back and will do crazy things to make it happen

it's the same thing as "my wife ran off with another man, but I own a gun, I will fix this"
there are thousands of people in prison for thinking exactly like this.

I think the next movie should be a Scorpion/Mysterio combo, with the latter as the lead villain

>multiple counts or grand theft/attempted grand theft
>selling what could be considered WMD
>at least one count of manslaughter
>hurr durr vulture did nothing wrong

I consider it a testament to WB's ineptness that Vulture and his crew are probably the best movie adaptation that the Flash's Rogues will ever get.

Best spot for a villan to be.

>Give Vulture a 10/10 makeover that complimented by a scavenger theme
>Give "Shocker" a shit look, AND further perpetuates the "electric power" misconception
Fucking monkey's paw

I'M THE TRASHMAN

Should have been the Voltaire.
>spends entire movie publishing books, poetry, plays
>antagonizes Spidey through being vastly more successful and not giving a shit about his flashy heroics

Nobody's asking you to call Tony a hero, you don't have to use the H-word, he's deeply flawed, just like all Marvel heroes are by design, but that doesn't exonerate Toomes. At least Tony stopped selling weapons and set out to make the world a better place. Don't tell me a guy with Toomes' skillset and experience couldn't find another perfectly legally living.

>Ultron
Ultron was bad because he represented a deeply negative aspect of Tony Stark's personality.

>make Hulk bad
Now you're bullshitting.

Probably the only thing that could get me excited for a spidey movie

Truly an underutilized villain, except the Shattered Dimensions game. Nice to see Mysterio gettin some screen time as a real big bad

They made Vulture look too cool.

>Voltaire.

>sniffs some brappptt
>*becomes villain*

>he lost his job
it's not just he lost HIS job, the DDC (by extension stark) cost him and his staff their jobs.

>it's not just he lost HIS job, the DDC (by extension stark) cost him and his staff their jobs.
And in return, he focuses on robbing Damage Control. Basically robbing the company that robbed him.

Are the gauntlets not electrical?

Whenever he punches with the gauntlet in the movie, there's a small bit of electricity emanating from the blast. Also he never fires it like a projectile shockwave, just punches.

fuck the tone, can we not live in a universe where people can go from edgy youngling slayer to colorful super costume and back?

Wouldn't they have to pay out his contract though?

Friend or Foe had him as a big bad too.
Though he was less Mysterio and more of an international Bond villain in that.

Shocker is about SHOCKWAVES, vibrations, not electricity. That's Electro's bag

>C. Michael Keaton is a damned good actor
So are Jeff Bridges, Hugo Weaving, Ben Kingsley, Robert Redford, James Spader, Mads Mikkelsen, Kurt Russell, and Cate Blanchett. I will acknowledge that Michael Keaton is probably the best of all of these, but I think the biggest difference here is that Homecoming got a man of his talent, and ACTUALLY UTILIZED IT. The others I listed are damned good were fucking wasted, except for Redford and maybe Spader and Blanchett.

There actually are some lines on his helmet that are evocative of a beak.

>Bridges and Russell
>Wasted

Get better eyes.

Tinker's are always evil.

Oh. When you said the "electric power misconception" I thought you mean the whole "black people always have electric powers" thing.

Those other homeless people don't have access to alien tech.

the DDC agent basically told him he won't be reimbursed for the stuff he bought specifically for the clean up operation.

>Maybe next time, don't overextend yourself.

sweet justice.

Sony is shit at movies

How was Weaving wasted?

>Traditionally MCU villains are played for laughs
No, they aren't.

Name one who wasn't. There was Iron Monger and Abomination....guess what, that what pre MCU. Red Skull was lame, but not exactly comical...but he may have been pre MCU as well my memory isn't exactly up to par, so maybe you can inform me, dear.

skull wasn't exactly that engaging as a villain?

>Name one who wasn't.

This is a rigged game and I'm not playing. No matter what villain I say you'll say some joke or one-liner played at their expense and claim that's them being played for laughs the entire movie.

You have to explicitly state what you mean by a villain being played for laughs.

That wouldn't be on the DDC, it'd be on NYC as Toomes' contract was with them.

He is not a villian. He is antagonist to spidey.

lol funny but true

Vulture's MCU design is great and the old man with the big nose in the green jumpsuit never would've worked for the character they were going for. Honestly, as someone who usually enjoys comic fanservice vulture's original costume is kinds shit for anything other than a "look how ridiculous this guy is" gag.

Plus I think there's a good way and a bad way to do a "realistic, tactical" suit. A good way is to make a distinctive-yet-stylish and grounded take on the suit, like with Vulture. A bad way is to just take the suit and make it look like a fucking basketball, like Man of Steel.

WW2 cap looks better than weird scalemail cap would've on-screen and it's probably one of his better costumes, too.

how is he feeling knowing that while in jail, his qt p2t mulatto child is being [COLONIZED] by his arch nemesis

>cooks KFC
>*becomes serial killer*

Dance off bro, me and you.

It’s ironic the only villain I can think of that was taken seriously with no clips is the white Mandarin.

They moved out of the city. Peter is going to have an awkward quasi-romance for another 5 movies with MJ until they'll eventually kiss.

>I don't WANT to cure cancer, I want to turn people into DINOSAURS!

Why did Ozcorp design a spooky halloween mask to go with their state of the art armored flight suit?

They didn't, Stormin' Norman did it himself. That's why his office and house have bunch of masks in it.

DDC basically pulled rank. from a local standpoint, they made it national.

Toomes could argue in court but that would mean spending on lawyers they couldn't afford.

>Traditionally MCU villains are played for laughs,
What?

Would he win against mcu falcon?

Are you retarded? Making one joke about the vilain is not "playing him for laughts". You are just ignoring the rest of the characterization of the movie and how the character is treated in every other scene, like when he almost kill Drax.

I don't think that you know what a "character played for laughts" mean.

I don't think you are older than 20, and if your are, never saw real action films before.

All laborers have a predisposition towards crime.

Nice "argument" there.

He's not wrong. MCU antagonists are generic and disposable, they usually have such a weak presence that people can't remember their names or motivations.

It's true though. The only way to criticize "Ronin" or Rodan or whatever is by comparing him to other villains, and he comes off as so weak it's pathetic. This guy had no powers and was ten times the villain.

E. likes black chicks

imagine how dumb I felt when he was revealed and the eye like shapes on the phantoms finally made sense

Not the same the guy in the Superman Panel was dumb for not trying to sell his invention. But Vulture made his gadgets with salvaged alien tech. If he tried to sell them on the open non-crimial market Shield or the Goverment would have simply claim it was stole alien tech and took it all away.

>fragile poorly educated white male gets mad that his job is obsolete
>becomes murderous villain
checks out

"Childhood ends when you know you're going to die."
This villain sparked my lifelong love of snow globes.

>poorly educated
just because he's not the one refurbishing the tech doesn't mean he's poorly educated.

WHITE MALES CONFIRMED FOR THE MOST EDUCATED

SHITSKINS BTFO

Falcon has mobility and is armed to the fucking teeth. Bullet proof wings, air strikes and drones and guns up his ass. He also has a fuck of a lot more combat experience in spec ops and shit and was able to dodge shots from three hellicarriers and god knows how many quinjets.
You’d be retarded to think Sam Wilson wouldn’t easily take vulture, 10 times out of 10.

Vulture has bigger wings and claws, he can block anything with massive alien wingspan and tear off Falcon wing with his giant claw

That’s retarded. You’re retarded. Claws