Should I watch Coco?

Should I watch Coco?

Sure why not.

No, it's caca

Yes. I liked it a lot and assume that you will as well based on this.

Yeah it's pretty good. But it's just another Pixar movie that relies on emotional manipulation and tropes over telling an original story. If you're a spic you'll love the references that fly over the heads of other viewers. Beyond that it's a pretty shallow movie but it's "for the kids".

I'm still surprised it got a pass in China.

Si

Way too corny for me. If you don't mind family oriented movies then sure, go ahead.

Where this meme of "china is afraid of skeletons" come from?

(OP)
Go ahead.

China has a soft spot for family, tradition, and respecting their ancestors, it's what made them like this movie.

Also South Koreans liked it too from what I've seen, although not as much as the Chinese.

>mexican references
Elaborate

Mexican film references*

China bans films that depict ghosts. Their censorship laws are strange.

There are a couple of real world Mexican celebrities in the Land of the Dead.

I can't be assed enough to pull up screenshots because I'm lazy, but 90% of them are at Ernesto's party.

>he unironically asks Sup Forums for an opinion
>Sup Forums

Mmmhmm...
Pfff...
Hohononoononono
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You can say that of every board, except... maybe /tg/.

Strict Mexican woman operates a shoe-making business, and the shoe is the mother's traditional assbeating tool
El Santo
Frida Kahlo

>another Pixar movie that relies on emotional manipulation and tropes over telling an original story.

otherwise people wouldnt watch! it's what pixar do best (and then disney who copied it).

Yes.

Meh... it was all right. Ferdinand has more emotion in it than Coco, but you won't feel like you wasted your time if you do go see it.

Speaking of which, Coco was released less than 3 weeks before Ferdinand in my region. The number of people seeing Coco dropped off severely as soon as the Olaf short was pulled. We had empty theatres many times by week 5 & finally it was pulled after only a 9 week run, which seems kind of short for a Pixar movie. Ferdinand is still bringing in a small crowd consistently. Weird when you compare box office receipts between the two.

Yes

Who doesn't know Frida Kahlo?

It's a Pixar movie. So yeah it's good, in that safe kind of way. Personally Id rather rewatch Book of Life or play Grim Fandango

>Should I watch Coco?
Is Mamá Imelda hot as fuck?

Best Pixar movie of the decade.
Recommending.

Who doesn't know El Santo?

China has a lot of censorship laws in place simply to make it harder for foreigner products to enter the country, that's one of them.

Chinese are familiar with ghouls and skeletons, only foreigner games are told to censor them "for being too scary" or something or leave the market.

El Santo
Frida kahlo
Cantinflas
Pedro Infante
Jorge Negrete
Maria Felix