So, what's the deal with this guy? He clearly really wants to work on his older shows again with nickolodeon...

So, what's the deal with this guy? He clearly really wants to work on his older shows again with nickolodeon. Why hasn't he got the chance yet? I think he has lots of awesome ideas and he's still a very talented and creative artist. I respect this man.

>Butch is now expanding his shitposting territory onto Sup Forums
We know it's you.

go back to twitter, butch

can someone explain this meme to me cause i'm actually just a horribly uninformed user

FoP got run into the ground.

Danny Phantom is basically useless without the kind of scheduling modern networks are unwilling to give since it tries to do narrative, arc based storytelling.

Nobody gives a shit about Tuff Puppy.

He voted for Grumpf, so Cyma and her goons have been trying to get rid of him.
First they sabotaged FOP by forcing him to add a bunch of Poochies, moved TUFF Puppy to a ratings death sentence slot despite it performing strongly in its first season, and finally forcing him to do Bunsen which was a pitch he didnt even want to do.
He is too well connected to get Chris Savino'd.

Oh hey Butch, love your videos

>He voted for Grumpf

Source?

>odd1sout unsubbed to him because of an obviously fake clickbait video
What a baby.

>awesome ideas

I love Butch but has he really had a decent show pitch in some time? Bunsen was awful. I know he wants to reboot DP with an older Danny but no kid is gonna watch a show about college students.

well, this thread isn't about odd1sout.

But it is about Butch

I can't comment on FoP, but DP definitely makes sense. Honestly I thank Mr. Heartman for those shows, I just hope he's doing ok.

I feel like if he could, that he'd do it on YouTube.

e-celeb gets butthurt what else is new?

Maybe Netflix would be interested in it?

>no kid is gonna watch a show about college students.
You're full of shit, user./

Idk, how'd Big Mouth do?

if the show feels and plays out the way a kid would enjoy, it doesn't matter if the characters arent under 21. just don't make them any older than that.

To a kid, what is the difference between a highschooler and college student?

Honestly I feel like he's a family-friendly version of Seth McFarland with a love of superheroes, and I hate the fact I'm making that analogy, but it's the best one that comes to mind.

it's not very well thought out. the only thing they have in common is success.

Name a popular cartoon about adults/college students that doesn’t involve animal characters or at least one child main character.

Nickolodeon won't allow him to do the shit he wants, FoP is milking money so why change that?

Were you never a child? Kids don't give a shit about whether or not there's a child MC.

I'm happy to be wrong, I just don't hear about as much from him as I do McF, perhapse it's because Heartman is so firm in his niche. I only really know him for his work at Nick.

If it’s an animal character sure.

We underestimate kids A LOT, kids don't really give a shit about that

kids actually really enjoy the feeling of being "adult-like". since i'm on Sup Forums i feel like i have to say i mean this in a completely innocent way.

From his list of shows and the direction they've taken it is clear that he has no ideas at this point. What the fuck are you thinking deciding there is no such thing as ghosts and they're all aliens

This

His twitter and youtube are so wholesome, he feels like he genuinely has a passion to entertain. It feels like a nice break from other artists who get constantly political or other dumb stuff.

The only similarities I can think of are they both like Star Wars and both ride the "dumb Dad" cliche hard, at least in their first cartoon.

Otherwise, he strikes me as more like Genndy, likes to create side characters but never use them, and cant close out a show for shit.

He loves attention and he'll do anything he can to get the spotlight back. That's why he tried to draw in that danny phantom audience with that "cut content" and reboot tease a little while back and why he's drawing his characters with memes and anime characters for twitter views.

I don't hate the guy but he's pretty washed up at this point and hasn't had a good idea in a while. He should just hang it up.

pic unrelated.

I get what you mean, I'm of the impression that so many of them get coddled like I was. I know how nice it is to be treated like a person who can think for yourself.

Korra

> that doesn’t involve animal characters
>Asami

I'm sorry, whose Genndy?

John F Gennedy creator of Samurai Hack and Dipper's Lab

I doubt it'd be as bad as bigmouth honestly.

Seriously, do you not remember being a kid at all?
When I was a kid I loved shit like DBZ, but it certainly wasn't for any of the kid characters like Gohan.

Ok thanks

Probably not, but they certainly tried the nostalgia market for a bit and I'm not sure that went well, so I doubt they'd want to do more of that. Though I hope I'm wrong.

I bet he'd put a lot more effort into it and making it good.

>Implying Nick would ever in a billion years want to license original, unproduced shit to Netflix

When?

>Danny Phantom is basically useless
you could just stop right there
no need to add any more words

I'm a little unnerved by his online presence. Always feels like this "Am I down with the younger generation?" kind of vibe with his twitter posts.

Butch posts cringy shit on his twitter referencing memes and anime. Probably on Sup Forums.

Look at who he follows on Twitter

Nickelodeon probably isn't interested because, like Cartoon Network, their executives are inscrutable aliens who don't know what human beings want to see on TV. Not to say that Butch is necessarily something people would want to watch. His shows were okay back in the day, but they all went to shit as time went on. I just don't have faith in him to make a good product anymore.

Butch want to be the 'cool dad' so bad. It's adorable.

I feel like Butch tries too hard to fit in, but he seems really wholesome so I really can't hate ths guy.

Also if that is you Butch, hi.

He's such a mediocre artist though

he hasn't publically come out for Trump but he follows Trump, Fox and several other conservative outlets. Plus he identifies as Christian, so chances are if he's not full MAGAtron, he's at least more of a National Review "respectability Republican" type.

Because FOP is finishing, Bensen is cancelled, and he's getting the boot by Nick. You ever noticed how he's burning bridges by shitting on Breadwinners and TTGo? I don't disagree with him, but that's not something someone in the industry does.

they both worked on Johnny Bravo fwiw

Holy shit, Seth looked like a fucking dork

I mean, Seth IS kind of a dork

>Seth MacFarlane was a weak, New England nerd with glasses before meeting Butch
>Is a fit, confident, golden voiced Californian chad after meeting Butch

That good ole Hartman magic!

Seth is a beacon of hope for us all

this is so cool

His true magnum opus.

>the virgin mcfarlane
>the chad hartman

his shading in digital is so fucking shitty

this gives me hopes of becoming an independent cartoonist

FOP was pure shit years before president Trump was even close to being a thing, my dear anonymous.

FOP turned to shit loooooong before the 2016 elections m8

>so mad he replied twice
IT WAS HER TURN

This dude desperately clinging to relevancy is just sad at this point.

I'm not American, I'm just saying this show stopped being good years before even Obama took office

>I'm not American
Then your opinion is less than nothing.

What changed in the past 20 years?

STAS

Family Guy reboot by the hand of butch hartman. Yeah

His artstyle is doody.

>He clearly really wants to work on his older shows again with Nickelodeon
That's the problem
He wants to work with the old Nickelodeon. Little does he know, Nickelodeon passed away more than a decade ago.

He's looking through the ashes of a network buried deep inside a now company's dumpster.

He really tries a little too hard, but I still can't be mad at him because he is quite likeable .

>respectability Republican

lol

He has suggested buying back the right to Phantom. What channel would you put it on if you were him

And that's the other issue.
None network would handle a show like DP well nowadays. They're just looking for something cheap, dumb and that would make more money than it costs in return.

That's only speaking for TV, of course. I believe VoD and streaming services are the way to the future for animation in general. You can see any show you want at anytime. Goodbye scheduling and hello continuous rewatching.

I don't know what's the problem with the transition to said services. I thought the States of all countries or even Europe as a whole would find it easier and quicker to do.

He's kind of tryhard but he seems to really care about his craft, a shame he has to work on that bunsen shit instead of what he seems to want back

Power Rangers ain't a cartoon but it was very popular, as were as Justice League and Batman Brave and the Bold

He's a pretty shitty digital artist in general, I wish he'd try out different brushes and learn some color theory. Surprised he doesn't use a display tablet either.

When crash looks like this again

Ever since the Disney's Doug fiasco, Nick's been rather militant about their IPs.

Goddamnit Hartman...

Haha he should draw the hanged man's ghost chasing after Logan Paul in the Danny Phantom style.

Do you think he knows about the whole Randy Stair fiasco?

If so, I can't even imagine what he must think.

He drew Ember recently in one of his 10 years later videos.

Holy shit, Hartman still looks exactly the same even after all those years.

Is that a child Mae Whitman?

The Secret Show, as well as literally any capeshit cartoon.

>MAGAtron
I like that word.

>The Virgin Seth
>The Chad Butch

Fuck, too late.

Who's the Asian in the middle? Did he work on anything else?

This is cute. It makes me think of a teen show where the nerd and the jock are best friends and help each other out. I wonder if Seth and Butch still talk to each other.