/swco/ Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This Week's Comics Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Doctor Aphra #16 (Wed 31)
The Last Jedi: DJ (Wed 31)
Forces of Destiny: Rose & Paige (Wed 31)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Rebel Assault
youtube.com/watch?v=zXt9ZmN-V-k

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi Secrets Explained
youtube.com/watch?v=p09c0MXDxto

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Nice cover.

STORY TIME APHRA, HURRY

Don’t join is kool

Who the fuck wanted a comic of this chucklefuck?

I get my twi'lek sex slaves when?

After DJ

FUCK, OK

I did

I wanted a book desu

Tell me a story......

Just reposting this because I feel like it is important;

I am 95% sure that user bitching about the comics was falseflagging and trying to stir drama. He did however have a point to an extent.

Storytiming brand new comics on demand? Yeah, no shit thats fine. Storytiming an older comic relevant to current topics? Perfectly fine too. Storytiming Legends comics? Perfectly fine as long as it isn't disrupting something newer and more relevant.

But storytiming like an entire fucking volume of Legends stuff was a bit fucking extensive. You should have some consideration, do one issue a thread or something. He complained that it would kill discussion, people told him he was wrong, and then the thread indeed died for like 200 posts until the comic was done.

There's nothing wrong with storytiming an old comic every now and then, but flooding the thread with back-to-back issues was pretty rude. Meet in the middle guys, we can all be happy here.

It was at a time where most discussion is equally irrelevant, Ahsoka dick posting, or completely non-existent. I still see no problem.

What did they mean by this?

>artists ignore most of the new aliens in favor of Twi'leks, Ithorians and even a Zabrak
Based

>YWN have a Twi'lek sex slave.

Alright, I liked the screaming citadel and all, but that and Vader Down approaches some of the levels of Legends dumb shit between IV and V.

This
I'm completely fine with this tactic as long as it flushes out shitposting and excessive trolling.

Sounds like they heard the complaints. Now this retcons older aliens there though so the complaint is no longer valid

It's very fair to say be courteous and don't hijack the thread's image limit all by yourself.
By the same token, though, appointing yourself the /swco/-fun-police and continually reeeeeeeing about what you do or don't want to see in the thread can be equally irritating and thread-derailing.
Be reasonable. Start the discussions you want to see. Post the content you want to discuss.

What should I watch first: GennedyWars or TCW?

>numale face

Where were all these classic aliens and colorful outfits in TLJ?

open 2 browsers and watch both at the same time

Genndy then TCW

He is just being true to the original design artists for TLJ.

So are there other TLJ one shots coming?

And where is this gonna get collected? I buy trades, but I don't see where this would fit. Doesn't really seem to go with the Crait one shot.

How? Screaming Citadel just showed off the fact that the Sith aren't the only dark side faction out there, theres all kinds of space magic.

And Vader Down is literally just the Rebels trying to assassinate Vader, I literally don't see the problem...?

Probably with the TLJ adaptation that we all know is going to happen

G is short.

Papa Palps ignoring all the random force shit going on around the galaxy as well as the insane amount of times that Luke and Vader were constantly in the same place and gallivanting around the galaxy. Hey, I love that shit, but it was one of the exact criticisms of Legends.

Both treatments skip around, telling multiple stories with gaps between, and not necessarily in sequential order of events. Treat them both as just chapter installments of the one war.

>Roidian

>new story one shot
>collected with adaptation
Fucking disgusting.

That reminds me that they never collected the C-3PO one shot excepted in the Shattered Empire hardcover. I may need to actually go out and buy this floppy since I don't pick up the adaptations.

we get it you vape

I was the original user that started bitching about it. I was bitching because the user was spamming several different comics. I have no issue showing an EU comic every now and then. but spamming 5 EU comics in a brand new thread and hitting the image limit in 50 minutes just kills all discussion.

I just wanna say that Kev Walker is fucking great. Why can't they give him the main title instead of fucking Larocca?

Why can't I enjoy nucanon content, anons? Am I just too cynical?

Why is James Franco in space jail?

Larroca can handle a monthly schedule since he traces so much.

Cause ur swaft

Now Doctor Aphra

No, a lot of it is really mediocre. Also, there's still no good games 5 years after Disney bought Star Wars

my body is ready

>Am I just too cynical?
Yeah probably

Ask Scarlet Johansson

My plan that day was to storytime an issue of Legends Star Wars Adventures a thread, like I said I was going to, to finish the series off because I found it interesting after I had posted a REQUESTED storytime. Then someone FREAKED THE FUCK OUT. After that the art book just happened to drop and I knew people, including myself had been waiting for it forever. Then the image servers crashed causing us to get stuck with them, which I thought was actually pretty damn funny all things considering. The fact that it happened after all that was just a matter of circumstance.

Whoever is freaking out about Legends content needs to chill, this general isn't a safe haven for Sup Forums TLJ hating autists, it's not a place for only comics, it's not a place for only canon or legends content, and it's definitely not a secret club for futafags. It's a Star Wars general meaning everyone is allowed to post on it. If the image count gets filled with dick girls or comics it literally won't matter because a fresh thread will come along the next day or a couple hours. It's not the end of the world if a single thread is nothing but an art book, comics, or futashit because there will be another one.

We are all here because of our love of Star Wars. We may not all love Legends, we may not all love canon, we may not all love dick girls, we may not all love Aphra, we may not all love every cartoon, we may not all love every film, we may not all love every comic, and we may not even all love each other. We have to get along though because this is the only general we have on this board. If you don't like it go to Sup Forums or some other board, personally I want to come here because it IS diverse. I don't like the futa shit, I've been pretty open about that, but I put up with it because once Rebels starts I know I'm going to be able to have pretty good conversations with people about something I love. At the end of the day that's all I really want and it's what this general's main purpose is.

So that was pointless hopefully Aphra is better

The Crait one (my guess) will be packed in with one of the future Star Wars trades, as it is part of their "find a rebel base" arc, and climactic moment where they finally beat SCAR Squadron.

DJ, if I had to take a guess, will be packed in with the TLJ Comic Adaptation that they're inevitably about to announce. Every movie gets one, and the Cassion one shot was included in the Rogue One TPB.

>tfw C3PO's one shot was only included in the hardback version of Shattered Empire
>Hardback spine is different to both the paperback and hardback spines
>because for some reason they decided to release it in a box set with the 1-6 hardback re-release
>Shelf will forever look mismatched if I buy it outside of the boxset (which I dont want)
>C3PO will forever be void from my otherwise complete collection, outside of the floppy issue in my closet

Why does Marvel have to be like this?

Not to mention the other dumb shit they do, like only releasing half their comics as hardback so you have to either try stick to TPB's or have a mismatched shelf. Why doesn't Marvel understand the people buying this shit are autists like me that want to collect everything neatly?

>showed off the fact that the Sith aren't the only dark side faction out there, theres all kinds of space magic.
TCW already did that.

why jedi females always fall in love with siths?

That's what I figured. All I used to do was buy and read Star Wars novels, comics and such. I bought all the video games and all the action figures. I still buy Black Series figures I like, but I don't have the heart half the time to catch up with the comics or books. I just don't like it anymore, especially after TLJ really just fully killed the ST for me.

Were in the era of more cults than sith and Jedi

Yeah? And it was great there too

Sheev only steps in when he senses they're a threat to him. Why bother personally hunt down every single Nightsister and Dagoyan in the Galaxy, they're insignificant to him. Sheev has been noted to step in when a threat does seem strong enough to him, like Maul and Talzin. But before they started stirring shit, he was happy letting the Nightsisters fuck around on their planet.

which comics feature sithxjedi romance

It's a stepping stone to "this MORE POWERFUL THAN PALPATINE sith cult was just hiding all the time" that Legends did all the time. But who am I kidding, we already have that with Snoke.

My exact problem, it drives me nuts. I just bought all the one-shots floppy and keep them in a little folder because I don't want to waste money on adaptations that are all based on outdated scripts.

Only exception I am going to make is the Thrawn comic because thats actually a novel adaptation, and going to have significant new content apparently.

I'm with you buddy. I stick with paperbacks, because it's typically cheaper, more comfortable to read, and they come out faster for the most part. And USUALLY, everything gets collected in TPB, since - like you said - hardcovers get ignored for certain shit.

Side note - why the fuck would I want a hardcover that just has the Leia, Chewie, and Lando minis? That makes absolutely no sense.

Anyway, yeah - I've got all my trades lined up with my novels (which are also in at least FOUR different sizes), and poor little C3PO is down at the end.

Maybe after Chris E does enough droid mini stories they'll put them all in a trade and include Phantom Limb, even though it would make more sense in the TFA adaptation.

I forgot how fucking dumb the Aphra comic is.

>"Where's the Solo trailer? I want a Han Solo trailer!"

You'll get nothing and like it!

>Only exception I am going to make is the Thrawn comic because thats actually a novel adaptation, and going to have significant new content apparently.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about that.

I heard the RO comic was pretty decent, and I'll probably get it since it has the Cassian/K2 one shot. But I really don't feel like spending money on a Wendig scripted TFA adaptation.

Gonna fap to this all day long.