He hasn't read one of the best comics of all time

>he hasn't read one of the best comics of all time

*worst

I'm genuinely curious - if you're not baiting, why do you think it's one of the worst?

Good. I should never become so conceited as to believe that I've already read all the "best comics of all time". I should always believe that there are still more "best comics of all time" out there that I've yet to read, just waiting for me to find them. The day I finish reading them all is the day that I drop my hobby, so that day must never come.

That's because Doomsday Clock™ by Geoff Johns and Frank Quietly, published by DC Comics© isn't fully out yet. How could I read it?

but i have, user

> Best Comic of All Time

That's not "La Compagnia della Forca"

I did, like a lot of other people from ex-yu countries.

My brother!

any english translation?

So lately I've been wondering, anons

Are comic books worth anything these days? Or maybe, let me rephrase it... Which floppies do you think will be worth let's say... more than hundred bucks 70 years from now?

I think it sure as hell won't be any book from big two or maybe not any of their #1s since the market seems flooded with them

I know some indie books can get to insane prices 23 skidoo for example, cover price- 5$, currently at least 50$ on amazon but is anyone really buying those?

Jokes on you, I haven't read any comics.

>but i have
Excellent, what are some of your favorite issues?
Also, how many issues have you read? I'd like to know if the later issues are bad or not. I'm currently at issue 31 and have a long way to go, and I'm curious.

that's not Necron, OP

if a comic is made during the late 80s or after its worth the less then the paper its printed on
with the exception of Spawn 8 and 9

>with the exception of Spawn 8 and 9
ow the edge

Not him, but after the 75th number, Magnus is not at the drawings, which are one of the best things in the show (he comes back for the 200th number tho).
After those 75, he has a couple of things interesting (There's also a time skip, but now there are 400 or something and people kinda stopped caring.
As one who read a good chunk of Alan Ford, stop at number 75 and you should be set.

its fucking stupid but those are worth something

>after the 75th number, Magnus is not at the drawings
Yeah, I've found that info and expect a quality drop after that issue, even though magnus isn't the writer himself.
>As one who read a good chunk of Alan Ford, stop at number 75 and you should be set
Is it really so bad that you can skip all the other issues after that one? I've expected at least the first 200 issues to be worth reading.
I'm just sad, honestly, I was looking forward to reading a big chunk of the issues, if not all of them.

There are some things interesting (Like I said before, the time skip), but nothing that is truly outstanding and after that time skip, a lot of characters appear less and less (Like the Count, which was my favourite character).
But if you'd like something else from those two, I'd suggest Maxmagnus, The Unknown One (Lo sconosciuto), Necron (which is pretty lewd) or the story of Tex that Magnus wrote and drew before he died.

Thanks for elaborating. If I decided to stick after the 75th issue, what would you say is the cutoff point, the point at which I should definitely stop reading further?
Honestly, I'm surprised that there's a drop in quality as soon as Magnus leaves, doesn't he draw the panels? He doesn't write the stories.
>Maxmagnus
It's been in my backlog for ages, I'm definitely going to read it soon. How would you compare it to Alan Ford?
>The Unknown One
Never heard of this one, I don't even know where to find it.
>Necron
I plan on checking this one out, although I'm not expecting too much.
>the story of Tex
Tex, as in Tex Willer?

Not really as soon as Magnus leaves, but imho not a lot of the replacements can really hold a candle to him, but if you'd really, like you can read a coule of the stories around the 200th number, which is part of a story arc about Number One.
Btw what do you think of the Superciuk story (You should have already read it since you said you're at number 35)
> As in Tex Willer?
Yup, and also look for The Company of Gallows and Nekron (Which some user mentioned it earlier)

>but if you'd really, like you can read a coule of the stories around the 200th number
Damn, that doesn't sound too good, that's not a lot of issues.
>but imho not a lot of the replacements can really hold a candle to him
What about the first artist that replaces him? He sticks for around 100 issues, I think, and his art looks tolerable.
>what do you think of the Superciuk story
I didn't like it. I can't find anything bad with it, but at the same time, it's not entertaining at all. It's not that different from the other issues, as in that there's some ongoing gags and humour, but I still think the plot fails. Maybe because it repeats its gags TOO often, also probably because the humor never really hits the spot, minus a few scenes (like the one in which Bob Rock loses his clothing and is in that one suit), not to mention stretching a story like that (as it's a three issue story) is overdoing it. In contrast, some other stories got their resolutions too quickly (in the last 10 or 15 pages), when the story should have carried on to the next issue. 29 and 30 are the best arc I've read for now, and the ending to 30 is disappointing as everything is resolved in 10 or so pages. A whole issue covering the last part of the story would have been great, but what can you do.
>you're at number 35
I'm at number 31, actually. I'm reading an issue a day, before going to sleep. That tempo is really enjoyable and comfy.
I didn't know Magnus drew Tex Willer, I'll definitely check that out (even though I've hardly read any Tex Willer). I'll try to find "The Company of Gallows" and "Nekron". As of now, I only know where to find Maxmagnus.

I'm sorry you didn't like it, because I've found it very good, but it's been a while since I've read it, so my judgement is a little fuzzy, maybe I'll come back and read it again.
About Tex, he just did that story, and don't worry about it, you don't need to know a lot about Tex to enjoy it.

Thanks, glad to hear that. I'll stick with Alan Ford for more than 75 issues. It's not a problem with this tempo of mine, even though I'll be reading for over a year.
I'm actually autistic enough that I'm rating every issue I read on an image that I am keeping.

> over a year
Alan Ford is at the moment at issue #647 and it's still going on, you'll need a little bit more of a year.
With that said, time to post a Magnus girl

>at issue #647
I'm reading the serbocroat translations which go up to around issue 500, at least those are the ones that I could find.
What are your favorite issues, and do you agree with the other user that you should only read the first 75 issues?

All that effort for bait and you put in the wrong artist name

Last time I read Alan Ford was when it came free with Sunday's Večernji list.

I honestly can't imagine any current comics being worth anything big priced, except maybe super rare/popular variant covers that were rare to begin with.

GOD I wish comics would go back to Newsprint and make their floppies around $2 each with the occasional $5 "collector variant" gloss floppies.
I just want a story, man.

What’s up with that anyway? Is there some kind of mandate from Diamond or is it just execs deciding to overprice a few customers rather than aim at a large audience with a low price?

my african american

like he said, first 75 are gold
i did enjoy the death of number one saga but i don't think i'll reread it anytime soon