Let's have a non-political conversation about this cartoon

Let's have a non-political conversation about this cartoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PD9-zrGxrs4
youtube.com/watch?v=w-McIdVuY88
youtu.be/VTS5kUa_pRQ
youtu.be/i6uMV4fCVuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he's not that orange

I think he was only orange once really early on

I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t seen it, but how would such a conversation be possible? Is it really that removed from current politics?

its a success on the sheer fact that nobody cares about showtime programming until this came along

Could be better than Lil Bush. It's got better timing that LB so it has that going for it.

Not too excited for it, honestly. Cartoon Trump worked for a segment on a late night show. Not exactly sure it's going to work as a stand alone show.

>Donald Trump brags bigly and bings bongly
>Melania named the national bird
I can't help but find it funny

The background art is really excellent.

However I think I only noticed that because there was nothing else to pay attention to.

It'd benefit if it went beyond Trump sometimes. You can only make so many jokes about one person.

The animation is sub-par and the writing is lukewarm at best.

back during the apprentice he was pretty orange, but he clearly hasn't had time to get spray painted while in office

Pretty good stuff

I don't like how the tweening makes the bodies look like they're constanly swaying, it kinda gives me motion sickness.

Colbert is certainly trying his best to prove to us that he can.

The jokes are cringe and the animation is terrible.

He should try a little harder then.

How funny would a drunk Hillary in the House cartoon have been?

so the joke about him being orange has nothing to do with him when he was running for office but rather when he was hosting the apprentice
nice
that's some fuckin' reaching to insult him

Not too funny, conservatives are garbage at writing comedy that isn't just spewing buzzwords.

Conservatives already won the meme wars so they are funnier than libs

Even "fuck drumpf" turned into a sarcastic insult targeted at liberals obsessed with the orange man

He was pretty orange while campaigning. It was't until after he became president that you can tell he stopped the spray tans.

>Entire cartoon is just "FUCK DRUMPF STUPID ORANGE CHEETO DAE FAUX NEWS!?!?!!!"
>Let's have a non-political conversation about this cartoon

Meme wars aside a Trump victory was still a good thing, you can't lose if you're a dem in the 2016 elections, you either get Hillary who continues Obama's path or you get Trump who goes full retard and begins to light the corruption and partisanship that is the republican part.

It's alright, Not worth getting showtime to see, but maybe getting the DVD box set it in a Walmart clearance sale for $10 in 10 or 15 years.

Ok

Count the number of buzzwords you just used and read my post again. Thanks for playin.

A Hilary comedy would be more about events then personalities, and those would always be a pain in the ass to hit without seeming old unless you use South Park tech.

This makes me laugh because it's such a bizarre stylistic choice. Nearly any show could make it's main character's silhouette the "I" in the title

It's the unfunniest bits of the Late Night Show made into a cartoon. They didn't even pull off a decent Trump impression, which is surprising, because Colbert does it pretty well.

>Count the number of buzzwords you just used
That was easy

It looks like garbage. And this is coming from someone who voted for Hillary.

Sup Forumsfag memes aren't all good, they mostly work because of their volume.

You're telling me that the people who constantly talk about the size of his hands are reaching for insults? Impossible.

It was really bad. and I'm pretty left-leaning. Animation sucked. Voice acting sucked. Jokes sucked. All the characters look awful. I'd be surprised if it lasts longer than 2-3 episodes.

Come on man, Ted deserved at least a smirk.

>a word or phrase, often an item of jargon, that is fashionable at a particular time or in a particular context.
Meme wars
Libs (instead of liberal)
fuck trump
orange man
You are incapable of communicating without littering everything you say with buzzwords. You are neither clever nor insightful, you simply regurgitate what you hear and see.

None of the jokes land. At all. It's really trash writing, nothing is ever funny when you can tell the writer is angry. That's why there were good jokes about George Jr: He was someone you could laugh about. Don was never funny. Just watch his episodes of Saturday Night Live(yes, it was good during the seasons he was a guest).

It's fine to be butthurt, just stop trying to do both at the same time.

>Melania being the national bird
that shit hilarious.

When the pilot first aired, one thread was deleted for being too political, people even got banned and another smaller thread was then moved to Sup Forums

Yeah, I saw your earlier post about it. What's funny about it? She doesn't look like a bird.

She's a chick.

That's it?

American Conservatives are pretty far from the alt-right. The latter are actually progressives in terms of the ideas they preach and the forms of media they use.

what is this

In their defense, Trump started it. No one actually cares about his hands and it's only brought up to piss him off.

>it's only brought up to piss him off
Then do we need to keep hearing about it if we aren't telling him about it?

Should have been a 90s style action show.

How come they never mocked Obama or Bill Clinton like this?

Haven't seen it, and really I can't see it being really engaging. Let's face it, whether you like him or not, President Trump doesn't stand up much save for the occasional tweet.

Now CANDIDATE Trump, on the other hand, that was guy was HYSTERICAL. He was rude as shit every time he could and brought the bantz, and both his rallies and the debates were incredible sources of memes, on top of that general feeling where nobody took him seriously with some hints of worry growing as time passed. His opponents were also an excellent supporting cast, ¡Yeb! in particular, though of course there's also Sleepy Ben, Krispy Kris, Rubiobot, Feel the Bern, Hillary, Morning Joe, InforWars vs The Young Turks, the Brexit sub-plot, and Slimy Ted "El Rato" Cruz' redemption arc.

There's just no fucking comparison between the two.

>Now CANDIDATE Trump, on the other hand, that was guy was HYSTERICAL
This I agree with. That shit was a riot.

Oh, and the Vicente Fox episodes are also worth mentioning.

They did make fun of Bill Clinton this way.

Content aside: The cartoon trump on the show was based on face/body-capture puppet technology, which is kind of interesting:
youtube.com/watch?v=PD9-zrGxrs4

Is this one based on that?

Is it possible?

Try to come up with FUNNY Obama jokes. It's not easy since he's so boring.

The best Obama joke Colbert ever did was Obama's revenge takeover of his show. Well that and Lazar Klan, but that was more about the KKK.

Welcome to the thread.

Animation is weak but I'll admit I chuckled at a couple jokes

When in the 90s did they make a whole cartoon about Clinton?

Google Dick Riding Obama. Or any of the SNL Clinton sketches.

This.

They should get one ready for his reelection campaign.

>Google Dick Riding Obama
That clip from the Boondocks that wasn't actually about Obama himself and was actually about how black people and celebrities were using his status to puff up their own chests for no reason?

I thought you meant in regards to manner, not extent. Flash wasn’t exactly a thing, so they couldn’t crank out this sort of thing cheaply. He had plenty of appearances in other cartoons, though. And political cartoons had a lot of mockery of mannerisms and such.

Animaniacs made fun of him often. He was in the fucking opening. You have to be underage to think Clinton wasn't mocked.

>he's playing the saxophone
How is that mocking him?

Why are his eyebrows drawn as significantly whiter than his hair?
This is bugging the crap out of me.

I think it's supposed to be implied that it isn't his real hair and/or hair color.

>Obama is the straight man
>Biden is a weirdo, well-meaning guy who looks up to Obama
>HRC is a robot who plans a takeover once Obama is done and looks like the robot maid from the Jetsons
>Rahm Emanuel is a rageaholic who can't stop cursing, common joke is even some swear words don't get censored and he goes off on a tirade from that
>John Kerry takes over after Clinton, constantly talks about boats and sea vessels/water in general

I'm kinda afraid the next run won't have the magic of the first. Everyone will take Trump seriously now, plus since he's going for reelection the supporting cast will be mainly democrats competing with each other, and really most of them are pretty boring and correct.

Our only hope is Oprah actually running, or Hillary trying again in life support, literally going everywhere with an artificial respirator. Maybe even red zombie Bern.

Or maybe, a mysterious new candidate, never seen before, his identity hidden behind a mas. Nobody knows his name, only that he calls himself... The Guac Knight.

None of those are buzzwords.

He kind of gives off that look in certain lighting.

>they never mocked Bill Clinton like this
confirmed for being born after 2000

No they're all pretty good and get adopted by the rest of the website

Meme Magic is my favorite one and I don't see it get used anymore...

>because Colbert does it pretty well
I like Colbert, but his Trump impression is garbage.

Bernie and Hillary would lose and even less people would take Oprah seriously.

>John Kerry takes over after Clinton, constantly talks about boats and sea vessels/water in general
Not american. Is this like when australia had an entire election based on who could stop refugees coming on boats?

youtube.com/watch?v=w-McIdVuY88

This is your Trump cartoon Sup Forums

We all know President Jeb would have been the far superior cartoon.

Caricature is a form of mockery. They just weren't mean about it. Within the show you shit like this: youtu.be/VTS5kUa_pRQ

In that picture his eyebrows look darker than his hair though.
maybe?

Dude even Bill Maher wasn't as biting as he could have been when Clinton was in office

I'm going to be as obnoxiously political as possible and nothing can stop me

meme magic predates the election. It was used for years as a "life imitates art" sort of thing

youtu.be/i6uMV4fCVuw

>Trump cartoon
>it only mentions the wall and twitter

Wow how captivating
It's like Rick and Morty

Probably.

the mouth animation looks weird

I expected it to be terrible, but really it wasn't bad.

I'm not going to be watching it because it's not really my thing, but it was pretty solid for what it's trying to be.

kek

He couldn't possibly know that because he came to the site on the election and thought every meme he saw was made in Sup Forums

Oh.

He's practically Krusty the Clown in this cartoon.

Like people have said, you have to be a kid who's clueless about history not to know that Clinton was mocked all the fucking time in everything. Every single Late Night show stand up routine used to be making fun of him along with comedy shows and cartoons (and a more light-hearted and kid-appropriate way). Most of the jokes were about how he had an affair which was considered really trashy, low-class, and ludicrous.

Obama never did anything painfully embarassing so he didn't get the same treatment that Clinton did. People around the water cooler didn't constantly joke about Obama like they did Clinton or say Weiner either. Hanky panky gets any party's person mocked to hell because people think it's hysterical.

Also, Trump really is a new low bar in how fucking stupid and embarrassing he is, just the shit he does in a week would destroy any other candidate running and get any other President instantly impeached. He has the lowest respect of any U.S. figure in history and does hilarious dumb shit every day especially his idiotic tweets and any time he speaks without reading from a teleprompter. He is historically unpopular for a reason, because his personality is really embarrassing. Unfortunately how stupid Trump is is all anybody wants to talk and joke about or watch shit about all day and it's long worn out it's welcome to just have him be the world's retard buttmonkey all the time, it's too old to be funny anymore. But younger people don't know what an anomaly he is in being considered a fucking tool. I've never seen anything like it and I'm pretty old, it's crazy. Overseas, too.

It's actually a fairly dangerous idea to put him forward as just a goofy silly billy spoiled rich kid when he's the fucking president and commander in chief who needs to be held accountable or his political decisions

They did and for some reason are doing again the same sort of "aw shucks he's just a bit silly lol" public opinion damage control with W.

Some lines were funny
>Cant distract me talking about NY
>!"New York"!
>¿"What about it"?
or
>Fake News, Fake News, Fake News...
>Weather Channel: Rainny all day in D.C.
>Fake Weather

Some representations were on-spot
>Stephen Miller as a pain-lover supremacist
> Ted Cruz as the asshole nobody wants to have anything to do with

But overall it was kinda boring, with very stiff animation. I would keep watching it because the premise is interesting: writers predicting how Trump woud face certain events and seeing later how close they were.

You would get blacklisted from the entertainment industry for even suggesting such a show

Clinton was made fun off all the go damn time what the fuck are you smoking. Obama did literally nothing his first 4 years and wasn't until later on he actually became more active, and while he wasn't made fun off as others there was still jokes to be had.

Anyone remember before there was 'Two Scoops" there was Pea's?

It was far too nice, and really toned down Trump while playing up everybody. Still funny.

I hope for more side stuff, following the other characters. Trump is just so stupid and absurd that his normal person is already parody.

They lucked out that for once the person it's designed to mock is explicitly an entertainer with a bombastic personality.

Obama was boring and past a certain point if you were making fun of Bush you were just kind of a fucking asshole.

I'm not going to watch it but holy shit this is the plucking of a low fruit