Aeon Flux

Where should I start with this and should I bother with the movie? I'm only really interested in the artstyle.

Start at episode 1.

But what about the comics?

It's pretty short, you can watch the whole thing in a few days.

Watch the shorts, then the series. Ignore the movie.

>comics
The Dark Horse one?
Only after viewing the animation, I'd say. There's also a short sequence in The Herodotus File.
Also agree with - ignore the movie.

Here's the first few pages of the Herodotus File, faithful to the animation's artstyle.

this'll be the last from me, there's about 100 pages in all, mostly text, a 14 page mini comic in the form of surveillance footage starts at 81.

> that woman who could have had a happy life with Trevor but she wanted that one thrill he told her not to seek
> she ends up with bo boyfriend and no legs

So I found a random episode on YouTube and it had a malnourished blondie sucking on some guy's tit & a woman making moaning & licking sounds on the blondie's hair.

It is only ten episodes, but you should watch them in airing order. The box set splits them between the two directors. If you only watch the Chung episodes in a row, you might feel cheated by the other guy’s five episodes.

the shorts are the best

This series was far too smart for its own good.

The only one to feel "cheated" by is Chronophasia, but only because it's a total mindfuck.

I miss this cartoon

The live action movie has almost no stylistic resemblance to the cartoon and it's not a good movie on its own, but it's worth a watch if you like Charlize Theron with short, black hair and a leather bodysuit. The music is pretty decent too.

Are there any other mature, non-comedy cartoons like this?

that's a very tiny field, great majority is for kids, maybe check pic related, but there's:
- The Maxx (series)
- When the Wind Blows (film)
- Plague Dogs (film)

Don't bother with the movie. Just watch it. It's not even that long.

I saw the movie in theaters. It was bland garbage.

Reign: the conquerer. Same creator.

Plague dogs is totally for kids though

some more

Great looking designs. The costumes, creatures, and cities looked great.

It's just too bad that it doesn't have a plot.

>Using Æ for A E when it's pronounced I
Why do Americans do this shit

it's typically pronounced as "E" anyway

That's wrong in this case.
Start with the shorts that aired on liquid television.

Spicy City is an animated television series which was created by Ralph Bakshi for HBO. The series lasted for one season in 1997, which consisted of six episodes.

liquid television and cartoon sushi

the head, the maxx, beavis and butthead, daria, brothers grunt

heavy metal + heavy metal 2000
spicy city

cybersix is closest to interesting animation.

Speaking as someone who loved the series, it wasn't really smart, it was just pretentious.

Peter Chung is a fucking crazy person.

God bless him.

t. Danskjavel

Because Americans pronounce the long I and the short E the same way.

Sounds about right.

>should I bother with the movie

Yes, I find it to be enjoyable. Not sure why it got such negative reviews.

Also Phantom 2040.

Because it had fuck all to do with Aeon Flux besides the main character’s look. You could swap the names and nothing would change in the movie. Chung has gone on record saying he felt the movie humiliated him. It just does not stand on its own, even if you ignore the license to adapt a short series. The only good thing to come out of the movie is that MTV put out thefull animated series in DVD with Chung’s overseeing their entire process and getting the actors back to record his new lines for scenes he felt were edited / toned down by MTV. The video game based on the movie is not bad, though. The people who worked knew about the license more than the ones who did the movie.