This is Grant Morrison. He writes a lot of widely acclaimed comics and he's a magician

This is Grant Morrison. He writes a lot of widely acclaimed comics and he's a magician.

It's his birthday. Say something nice about him.

>hfw it's my birthday too

May his Chrome Dome be a shining beacon guiding us to enlightenment.

Grant Morrison is one of those writers that I simply do not understand. His works are constantly praised and labeled as "genius" by his fans while criticisms are brushed away with excuses like "you just don’t get it." The problem I have with Morrison isn’t that I don’t understand what’s going on in his "genius" stories, it’s that I don’t understand why he feels the need to do what he does in the first place. He takes everything to the extreme and wants to make his stories the biggest and most important stories in that character’s history because he sees himself as the most important writer in the history of the written word. His stories require some additional reading to comprehend and people confuse that with genius. He spends so much time trying to weave his story that he forgets to make it interesting. This is no better demonstrated when he took over Batman and in only 4 years time DC had to reboot.

His first arc was a continuation of "Son of the Demon" despite that story ending with said child miscarried. Damian was supposed to be killed at the end of that story but his fans changed his mind. Then there's his next publicity stunt: Batman R.I.P. If there's one thing Death of Superman has proved its that killing off your main character in a comic book fails because everyone knows its not permanent and everyone else just waits for him to return. Not to mention that someone succeeding Batman has already been done before in Knightfall, except this time its Damian because Dick says fuck you. Turns out Batman wasn't dead but just stuck in the past and get to the future by becoming a caveman, then a pirate, and then a cowboy pilgrim first. And most importantly HE BROUGHT BACK THE BAT MITE. No wonder he was axed.

He's perfect for antisocial nerds with unwarranted self-importance, the audience who buy and review capes comics. Also, treating circus strongmen as muh modern myths, muh strong man on spandex so inspirational is a self-fellatio for the industry

His ritual to invoke Hermes really works well.

His imitation of other people's styles end up being top notch stuff. Like Pax Americana or his short story The Braille Encyclopedia

Shut up, Millar.

>His first arc was a continuation of "Son of the Demon" despite that story ending with said child miscarried

Did I read a different edition? I remember it ending with Batman believing the kid was kill, but the last pages strongly imply he was given up for adoption and will grow never knowing who their parents were (but also uninvolved in their crazy stuff)

he made us see Emma Frost is Best Girl, Bless him

I bet he hates Trump for no reason. What a faggot.

He's not even American wtf

Almost good bait. Actually not really.

Fuck off pol.

>that he forgets to make it interesting.
Animal Man didn't interest you?

He will never ever ever be alan moore no matter how much he wants to be.

His stuff is less dry than Moore though.

This but unironicly

Thank you Seven Soldiers, you crazy motherfucker.

see
watchmen_backmatter.jpg

>for

Fuck, I'm retarded.

When i dont understand it his comics suck. his writing flow is pretty stellar but that doesnt help when i dont understand whats happening. im trying to read the invisibles right now and im hitting that problem.

that said, when i read his new 52 superman, his batman, and his vertigo miniseries i really enjoy them.

>if I don't get it, it sucks

I remember some user's post about his works being a sigil or something. Like, Morrison was trying to magic comics into reality.

I wish I could find that post again

Closest one I can find, I need to make a folder for all the Hypercrisis stuff.

Thanks man, it's not that one but I love anything related to that concept

>Doom Patrol?
>>Bad break up.
>With a girlfriend?
>>With a cat. It was very painful.
Guys, I think I know where Way's Doom Patrol is heading.

flex mentallo made me cry when some user posted it here re: "help me with my depression"

well yeah, if i dont understand it then im not enjoying it. if im not enjoying it then why did i buy it. so go fuck yourself cunt

Worked

He's fucking crazy

The interviewer handled it quite nicely

Is this real?

Yes. He's probably fucking with the guy though.

Happy birthday, master.

I'm using sigil magic to become a comic book writer, and I want to summon demons too.

The meth thing real though.

Kek.

i can't decide if he would be the best person to drop acid with or the worth person

High five, fellow wizardanon

He is weirdly handsome. I think because of how symmetrical is face is

>tfw you only exist on a 3 dimensional plane

I remember my LCS owner told me about how he met an artist who worked with Grant Morrison on Batman and how he would apparently give him the script and what images he wanted for, say paged 3-5 and then 8-11 and just skip 3 or 4 pages entirely because Morrison apparently wasn't sure how he wanted them to be before deadline

I honestly could have been bullshitted but that sounds like something I'd expect from him, he seems like an amazing author(is writer a better term for comics?) and also completely batshit

Happy birthday Grant ya mad little jock bastard.

True magician.
Be me. Want to start reading comics.
Go to store TODAY pick up The Filth. Go on Sup Forums to ask what people think of Grant Morrison. This is the first thread I see.

His Doom Patrol is my favorite comic. Happy birthday Grant!

Listening to interviews of his on 2x speed is a real trip

One of the biggest shocks of my life after all the memery on this board was discovering that Grant Morrison sounds exactly like I imagined Garth Ennis did, and viceversa