Hiveswap Discussion Thread

New Trolls've been revealed, discuss them.

Again with the Vriska shit?

thread deleted in 5...

>Again with the Vriska shit?
You say that like they've got anything else. It's all shallow references to stuff people liked in Homestuck and tumblr memes, that's all these new trolls are.

If hotpockets's gonna be a faggot again, I will just make one myself on the Sup Forums forum.

Here it is:

>texting your sister
oh

why tho

Is that really the best they can do

its said that some rogue mod has a hateboner for homestuck

is that a mutant?

lmao, does he even know there's a thing called "hide thread"?

remember how Vriska was meant to be an odd one out because she was a mutant.

But then he will know that there's still a thread about Hiveswap and that's going to gnaw at the back of his mind, so better delete this thread, because he's a stupid faggot.

Who does it for free.

Wanna read about some delusional idiots?
Here is the joke:
> I have a question about the fandom. Why is the Vriska/John ship considered redrom. I mean, their interactions basically screamed pale to me.
>I think it's largely considered that because at the point in time where it's still relevant John doesn't really understand Pale unless someone sits him down and has a long talk, so from his perspective any romance would be Red. Which, yanno, one of Vriska's issues was a Pale partner that instead had Red feelings for her. So this could just be the story echoing itself again.
>Counterpoint: John doesn't really understand romance, regardless of it is Red, Pale or even human.
>Yes, but he has an easier time conceptualizing Redrom. Like I said, he just needs someone to sit him down and give him a long talk.
>I imagine that was the reason of the breakup beetwen doomed John and Vriska. After 2 years of dating, John realized that Quadrants are a thing.
> I imagine if John were a troll, it would have been pale, but because he was human, it affected the tension between the two and made it bleed into red. That's not a "oh John is to stupid to understand Quadrents" thing, it's just a fundamental fact about the way humans view romance. It all bleeds red.
>Not quite, human romance isn't Red, it's just that Red is the more similar Quadrant.
> If we go by the Greek model, humans technically have a triad of romantic relationships that have elements of all of the Troll quadrants in them. Ludus (Maiden) - Playful Love. While not insincere, Ludus is not always meant to end in a deeper romance. It is light and flirtatious, a way of connecting. Some people thrive on Ludus, while others seek one of the other two relationships.

Cont.
>Eros (Mother) - Sexual/Passionate Love. In today's society, a lot of people think that Eros is the be-all end-all of relationships. It is fierce and passionate, and it is the draw of the dangers of Eros that draw people in. The idea of not being in complete control, and subject to extreme hormonal emotions, the exilerating thrill that comes with it. It's not entire about the sex though, hence "Passionate" love. Many times, it is down to the raw attraction that one person feels for another. Pragma (Crone) - Longstanding Love. This is one of the goals of many people who enter relationships - they desire a rich and fulfilling relationship that lasts for decades, where two people know and trust each other to a degree that is otherwise unreachable. While it can involve sexual encounters, it is more closely tied to appreciating the other's company and doing things together. This is the bond that many of us see in our grandparents and thus strive to achieve. Unlike Trolls, humans experience a mixture of emotions when caught in the romantic throes. It isn't flush or pitch, pale or ashen. It vacillates based on the situation and the mood of the partners. Hope that clarifies things for a few folks.
> Basically humans start a pseudo Red but a healthy relationship evolves towards pseudo Pale.
> Basically.
Imagine being this retarded. I know the one who started that line of discussion and he's a scourge sisters-shipper. Subhuman scum, really, but I repeat myself with that.

kek, he's probably reading this right now and knows that if he deletes it he'll just prove your point

These designs are always too overboard. Even the dancestors were refined.

Remember when the zodiac designations were mostly to remember who is who rather than completely define the characters?
Remember when blood types only really determined physical abilities and caste?
Remember how some trolls were different just because people are like that and not ever African is Usain Bolt?

so when will what pumpkin declare bankruptcy?

I'd love a Usian Bolt troll to be honest. But that seems like it'd take some vague creativity.

Blame leftards for equating entire races as being all the same.

this was the immage of Marvus before they changed it to the one on the troll call

remember when equius was strong because he was a freak and it had nothing to do with his blood color

what the fuck are you talking about this is about aliens you fucking retard

damn that hat looked pretty nice

DESU I'm okay with bluebloods being strong freaks because it means more toned sweaty troll girls.

Why no hat

So the reason John and Vriska didn't work out is NOT because she's evil subtroll scum and John realized this, but because John is too stupid for quadrants? Even though we see him, although accidentally, flirting black with terezi?

The guy who wrote this is by his own admission a Lesbian-shipper. Even claimed that Scourge Sisters was the reason why he scorns straight ships and now only prefers lesbian shit.

Fucking tumblr and their cancer.

I miss when humans couldn't do quadrants. It's like that Bioware shit where the original writers for the robots wanted it to be that they were alien, but every fucking thing has to be how everyone can be humans or do emotions if they just try.
Homestuck going that route instead of the original fact that trolls were aliens and their romance was alien and incompatible was some good shit, but I shouldn't have expected it to go otherwise.

TO hide their signs

For what fucking purpose. Why would their signs be a spoiler.

What a way to cover it WhatPumpkin

Because the fuckers that like trollcall are obsessed with Zodiac shit. And not just like fantrolls but they are the people that post shit like "if you're a scorpio doppo boppo crystals and shit".
You know, vapid teenage girls.

Highbloods were always strong, he was just unnaturally so

I would like more fish trolls plz.
Specifically more heiress interactions.
Out of all the things in troll culture the instinctual hate between fuschia bloods is the most interesting to me.

Cohen go away.

I can imagine that Marvus is some freak of a troll who either doesn't have a real sign or somehow forgot it so he constantly has to prank others with his fake sign until everyone just assumes he's messing with them all the time.

>the instinctual hate

That was Meenah bullshitting, Feferi likes Meenah.

Feferi seemed strong, Eridan seemed like a wimpy shrimp.

I STILL dont get why the fandom hates Eridan so much

Eridan was physically strong. He was just a fag

I just remembered: What happened to "The Cobalt Blooded Egberts"? If I recall correctly, the autor wanted to update by begin of January, but it's almost February and nothing...

he's the Kylo Ren of Homestuck.

And where did you get this idea?
No really. I can't remember them ever interacting, and i specifically remember Feferi bringing it the need to kill early in the comic.
And yes I know that the clashing of the latest Heiress and Condy was influenced by their shared lusus. I just could have sworn there was a biological bit to it too.

Ministrife, which also is Meenah saying that they instinctually hate each other while Feferi is trying to be a nice girl. Meenah is bullshitting.

I'm not sorry

Eridan was in all honesty a huge badass.
But he was also a joke character, so of course he ended up not showing that much.

Needs a better version

I got busy during the holidays and been expending the last weeks doing nothing but doodling on sai

I wouldn't be too sure that's bullshitting.
It could be Feferi trying really hard to be nice, which would at the time be her only discerning character trait. Cause Hussie is a fucking HACK
Then again, I don't have the patience to prove it right or wrong beyond that point so I'll just concede for now.

Occam's Razor, it's easier to accept that Meenah is just a bitch.

>probably Vriska
not looking as terribly as that

holy fuck these oc dount steel trolls are just awful

kek

>how do you want your third eye sir
>uhh just copypaste from above

Isn't part of Eridan's point even if he is legitimately a badass he's still a whiny prick?

Shelby designed, I guarantee it.

anyone got said download link?

Yeah exactly.

He's a """badass""" in the most shallow way possible and is an annoying whiny cunt.

Basically, Harry Potter.

all of these look fucking awful.

Don't forget how plenty of them are nonbinary.

Your renders have gotten better.

theyre preformers, theyre supposed to be showy, thats the whole fucking point

You mean literally Harry Potter.

why does she have 3 eyes

Only two so far, but in a perfect world it would be none.

I think it's poetic justice that the second one, Cirava, also has the worst design out of all the Troll Call trolls.

Oh come now, how can you not like Battery and Gremlin?

coolandnewwebcomic.bandcamp.com/album/queue-2-beating-heart

Actually makes a lot of sense considering their biology
Why equate gender to an alien species that pukes in a bucket to breed?
What is "male" to an alien?
It's kind of a cop out anyway, but this doesn't seem like it should be a problem for anyone but tumblr

His name is literally Copper Topkek.

I legit feel bad for the people with dysphoria who have to put up with that whole crap.

Eridan IS a badass uber warrior. The dude fought the angels on his planet alone. He matched and eventually overpowered a psychic who was strong enough to jetison a meteor fast enough so a teleporting omnipotent dog could barely keep up. He's got the courage to go through with whatever he believes in.
He's also a massive tool who thinks the universe would be a better place if everyone just obeyed him. He's so desperately lonely that he hits on everything that moves and can't understand why anyone would reject him.
He is the vrgin chad.

Oh shit that Dave was actually a dude?
Lucky fucker.

you're forgetting that the very notion that their gender doesn't matter was an afterthought by hussie.
he didn't design them from the idea of their genders functionally being interchangeable, he designed them from being grey humans and added shit later.

eridan being a joke character to this day still makes me mad as hell. ancestor is a pirate, he’s royalty, he has weird fuck-up relationships, he’s the slaughterer of angels, the classpect of “the prince of hope” isn’t SUCH a cool premise and it gets me fucked up that he’d never get to be the true badass he could have been. so we get the whiny fag instead. maybe that’s just me being a retard, but still.

>231 tracks
what in the fuck

But are you intending to continue your fic or...?
Cool picture by the way.

I will repeat my question
How can you NOT like Battery and Gremlin?

Surprising right

1.6GB of music

>The dude fought the angels on his planet alone. He matched and eventually overpowered a psychic who was strong enough to jetison a meteor fast enough so a teleporting omnipotent dog could barely keep up.
Again, "badass" in a shallow way. He accomplishes overblown feats via powers earned by birth and falls over like a wet cardboard box at actual conflict. He's inherited physical force. Big fucking whoop. He's a bitch nigga, just like Harry.

I finally learned the tool. Now I'm popular enough to get random angry teenagers who are mad that I won't do yaoi.
Tumblr was a mistake.

I'm surprised they put out two god tier trolls in one week after last week's troll was so bad I had to make a new tier for him alone.

ava is too pure to get HUSSIE'D, delet this

I'm pretty sure that's full art, not an edit.

But it's a new work and an established character trait (species), so these new characters are designed with that in mind

You mean it's a cheap way to get free points with a crowd that shouldn't be encouraged.

I will, probably going to take some time tho

but they're already directly defying canon by making their alternia happy smile land

>3/5ths purple bloods
it’s almost like they want us to hate pretty much everyone that isn’t a high/high-middle blood or gold blood. damn

They aren't actually, Alternia still sucks and trolls are still basically monsters, so it's amusing that they pretend that half of these aren't all basically fascist genocidal maniacs who are fundamentally horrible people.

What's that programm?

I dunno, I'm doing a pretty good job at hating a certain gold blood considering he's on rung zero

But that's the loint of hope powers. If he believes he's the strongest then he becomes the strongest. Once he threw away his uber energy rifle for a literal stick of wood he became stronger than Sollux.
>the neet and the contrarian aren't god-tier
It's like you want shelby to win.

god knows why but I'd smash that jade

>but they're already directly defying canon by making their alternia happy smile land
I don't know dude, things seem to be tonally where it was in act 5.
Trolls are a race of super quarky but incredibly violent galactic conquers.
I don't think that has changed any.