youtube.com/watch?v=G8sYvNtjXRI
youtube.com/watch?v=HmQqGU5-2cw
youtube.com/watch?v=yMN-1iixSdY
youtube.com/watch?v=RTGzcEz4Dgo
youtube.com/watch?v=9EKAuwk2ugU
youtu.be/4R1WPK3u8II
youtube.com/watch?v=McQ58nhhpHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone but Charles Martinet. If that new movie ever gets made, they REALLY can't use him. Martinet has "played" Mario for 20 something years and never once delivered a complete sentence as the character. If Mario is going to have dialogue in the movie, it's going to need to be delivered by a real actor; someone who can say more than "YIPPE!" "Let's-a go!" "It's-a me!" "Hello!" "HOO-AH!" etc.

Ron Perlman

Charles Martinet. Wow, that was easy.

You DONT give him a voice actor, I mean have we learned nothing from the Tom and Jerry Film!?

Steve Carell

Danny DeVito.

have you heard Charles Martinet do the Mario voice for anything other than the generic Mario quotes?
It's fucking awful.

Nobody but Captain Lou Albano should voice an animated Mario. ;_;

Nintendo makes a giant stride by reusing voice assets from existing games and saves a ton of money by just paying Martinet what he made making the last game
Mario doesn't say anything and the movie is 90% action shots, think Sonic CD opening for mario

I'd REALLY like to see a return to Mario having a deeper, gruffer voice like he did in the Super Shows and the Bob Hoskins movie. I know it'll never ever happen, but those voices were so much more fun than the high pitched Mickey Mouse with a mustache shit.

Honestly, even if Charles Martinet CAN act and deliver dialogue in his Mario voice (and we have no proof that he can), I really don't think I could listen to that for 90 minutes straight.

>but those voices were so much more fun than the high pitched Mickey Mouse with a mustache shit.
When he's not doing generic-ass lines for Nintendo PR and shit, Martinet can have some fun with the "falsetto squawking Italian midget" Mario voice:
youtube.com/watch?v=r5bM_bLZNtU
youtube.com/watch?v=pSAC0lMDo_s

youtube.com/watch?v=5G8CTz2Y8v0

Idris Elba

youtube.com/watch?v=G8sYvNtjXRI

I don't think even non-gamers want to hear anyone else but Charles Martinet voicing him

Tone down the WAHOO's and it could work honestly.

Do you anti martinet haters even realize how much range the guy has?

If nintendo will ever let him hes gonna deliver the lines

youtube.com/watch?v=HmQqGU5-2cw

You realize Martinet can do the brooklynn gruff plumber voice

His non-Mario stuff was impressive.

>and never once delivered a complete sentence as the character
youtube.com/watch?v=yMN-1iixSdY
youtube.com/watch?v=RTGzcEz4Dgo

He.... He was literally casted for the Mario64 tech demo where he voiced the character using full sentences.

Bob Hoskins and Captain Lou are dead

Seth Rogan.Franco as Luigi

I love this one

Yea he was actually talking to people walking around on the floor. Nintendo thought it was pretty cool and so they ran with it ever since.

Vinny

I'd pay to see him voiced by grim

Realistically speaking? Probably like Aziz Ansari.

>THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PLAYING MY GAME

Charles Martinet, because all he should be doing is binging and wahooing.
The real question is what new OCs will they create for thier obligatory famous celebrity plug-ins?

>what new OCs will they create for thier obligatory famous celebrity plug-ins?
Given Miyamoto's involvement and the recent Paper Mario games, don't expect any.

youtube.com/watch?v=9EKAuwk2ugU

Yeah the non-Mario stuff showed decent acting chops, he's at least as good as a higher-tier anime dub actor

>he hasn't heard
I'm sure they would've before this shit went down though, Illumination cast Louis CK even with the rumors swirling

It's going to be Martinet, Luigi too probably

The real question is who will be Peach and Bowser, if Toad is relevant at all he also can't be his usual shrill self

Bob Chipman

He didn't do anything though, for fuck's sake even the most hardcore bitches agreed that the chick who accused him was just trying to bring him down

You know, most actors aren't actually good voice actors. It involves a similar but different skill set.

I don't keep up with celebrity gossip. What did Ansari do?

ROB SCHNEIDER IS "MARIO"

Adam Sandler

Idris Elba

Rated PG-13.

Logan Paul

>He didn't do anything though
Nothing illegal, but I'd say it'll be at least a couple years before he can be safely cast in kids' stuff. He'll probably make a big apology bit part of his standup act and maybe inspire some sympathy but it'll be harder for some to believe him given that he had already previously made being a "feminist" part of his public persona. Dan Harmon got off the hook but that's because his apology was thoroughly genuine, he didn't actually do anything sexual, and the accuser forgave him.
Decade-younger woman he went on a date with wrote a long, detailed account about how it was the "worst night of her life" and that he rushed through the date and that he was gross and coerced her into sex stuff even though she was clearly uncomfortable. Apparently in private he acted like a horny 17 year old frat boy.
Not rape bad, but it goes contrary to a lot of what he portrays himself as in his act. Man literally wrote the book on modern dating and talked up the importance of consent

Rush Limbaugh
Or Alex "The Koopas're turning the freakin' Toads gay!" Jones

You know Louis is fired from Pets 2, right?

Lawrence Fishburne

Well duh, but at the time Pets 1 was being made that story was already being strongly rumored, though I'll admit I had my doubts until the guy admitted it

The guy is a fantastic voice actor. FUCK OFF

Kanye West

But Illumination's bread and butter is shrill annoying sidekicks. A bunch of Toads choke-screeching "YAHOO" is gonna be in all the trailers.

You joke Alex Jones Bowser works well when you think about

someone post the Mario illumination trailer greentext

Thinking it'll be anyone but Martinet is a waste of time

Michael from Vsauce.

youtu.be/4R1WPK3u8II

Am I hallucinating? Is this real life?

They wouldn't ask him and he wouldn't accept but it would be perfect

Just imagine this coming out of Bowser's mouth
youtube.com/watch?v=McQ58nhhpHM

Does he really go around with the toys?
I love this guy

Danny Devito

>it's actually a vsauce video

holy shit

Reality is funny maybe we will get Bowser Jones some day

Yea

He can do it, but that's not what got him the job.

He's mostly into theater.

Because it's coming soonish, who actually got cast as Detective Pikachu?

Ryan Reynolds

You do realize the man actually did full sentences in Mario's voice, right? Hell, look up that creepy ass Mario head in "Mario Teaches Typing".

Or that one where Mario was being interviewed in a press conference for a game call "Mario's Sports Mix"

Vinny from Vinesauce

Colin Quinn

Danny Devito