What does Sup Forums think of Holden Caulfield?

What does Sup Forums think of Holden Caulfield?

A misunderstood NEET whose hilarious impotence and insecurity are mistaken by normies for originality and strength. Holden is a massive cuck who derived sexual thrill from being beaten by a pimp and hanging out with other boys. Notice how he autistically focuses on habits of cleanliness in his male roommates - he is laser-focused on their bodies and faces. His obsession with realness stems from a bourgeois upbringing he's too ignorant to appreciate.

He is the average 4channer personified. It's no wonder Salinger went into hiding after writing him.

Way to put that Intro to Psych class to the test, fagnado. Bet you feel real proud. Really. Buy yourself some tendies. It is exactly what you deserve.

He's a fuckin phony

Fuck you

He's a bit of a wanker, but it's obvious that he's hurting.

I don't think of it.

He was a whino, plain and simple.

The original fuck boi

He lived in a time where being good at English class may have actually been useful

You can still get a decent job with that. Working your way up into editing nets you pretty good wages.

My dad always thought he was a little shit.

Your dad sounds like a douche.

I think he's not Sup Forums

Cringelord protagonist from a cringefest novel.

is a book with illustrations really how low the bar has fallen for it to be considered Sup Forums related?
go back to /lit/

It's like most people who know of him didn't even read the fucking book, yes he is a crybaby cuck but he gets over that in the ending.

This pretty much, Holden's got a lot of problems and his family just keeps shipping him off to different boarding schools rather than try to get him to talk about it. He's not over how his little brother died, and he's scared of growing up. We see this in all the shitty episodes where Holden tries to act like an adult but just comes off as an annoying punk trying too hard to be cool and sophisticated. Holden is a scared, sad boy trying and failing pathetically to put up a tough front.

Sage

This

Why do artists always depict smokers as constantly leaving their cigarettes just hanging out of their mouths? No-one does that, the end just gets soaked in saliva and becomes useless. The only time you'll see a smoker with a cigarette just held in their lips like that is when they're lighting it or their hands are occupied.

(apologies - didn't mean to leave name on)

Annoying faggot

It's a fairly easy and convenient pose to draw. Any other realistic pose would require you to draw a hand, for example (to hold the cigarette, that is). Fan artists usually couldn't be bothered with something like that

Assuming it's not a cropped image, which is probably is, it could just be to depict them as a smoker
If you want a portrait of someone's face and you want to show them smoking something you kind of have to depict it in their mouth
A hand can obscure the face, both literally and figuratively, covering the face or drawing attention away from the face respectively

>I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while, and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life. Everybody'd think I was just a poor deaf-mute bastard and they'd leave me alone . . . I'd cook all my own food, and later on, if I wanted to get married or something, I'd meet this beautiful girl that was also a deaf-mute and we'd get married. She'd come and live in my cabin with me, and if she wanted to say anything to me, she'd have to write it on a piece of paper, like everybody else

He's going through shit that a lot of people go through in their lives. Depressed by his past, anxious about his future, he doesn't live in the present. Caught up in guilt, judgment, pressure, who wouldnt escape to absurd fantasy?

That's why he enjoys playing with his sister so much, it's just a moment he can experience geuinely. But that contentment won't last unless he holds onto it: there's no such thing as a Catcher in the Rye. Life is a lot more complicated that that. But he also doesnt need to judge himself, other people, and the future so harshly either. Just experience it.

Why is this shit still on the board?
when will a mod or janitor do their job and move it to /lit/ ?
Find out all this and more on the next episode of "why our board is a shithole."