Superman

So why do people have such a hard-on for the red trunks, again?

Because its kowtowing to cunts to not have them.

I don't, he has been my favorite character since I first saw him in STAS and my only complaint was his trunks
I personally blame Sup Forums for allowing this to happen

Because it's his classic look and it's a good design element. Also usually trunks lovers get hyper defensive when people make stupid arguments against them.

>Getting rid of the best Superman uniform ever for muh nostalgia

I just think he needs more red. That is an awful lot of blue.

What stupid arguments? He looks fine in OP's pic.

>it's a good design element
It's not, it's fucking ridiculous.

Because Superfags are more retarded than even X-fags and argue mostly about non issues. Go to a random Superman thread and you won't see anyone discussing any comics except the current ones. It'll always be about how Superman gives them hope, how Superman is a superhero for mature audiences, Zack Snyder discussion, Morrison quotes, pedo discussion about Jon, Wholesome panels.
Go to a X-men thread, a Bat thread or a Spidey thread and you'll see people discussing past and present comics.

Casuals who like the idea of superman but don't care to read comics. This costume is perfect. It gets a lot of press and tweets and stuff but not enough to get em to buy a comic.

The costume looks awkward without the bit of red around the crotch and pelvis. It doesn't have to be trunks, just something to break up the color.

I don't understand how people are so crazy about the trunks but don't care about the classic shield.
Really makes you think.

He IS wearing the right shield. Unless you want to go all the way back to the golden age when it was a fucking triangle, but he wore strappy gladiator sandals then too instead of the now-classic boots with the M-tops.

Incidentally, that's why I'm fine with the current design, I really like that his belt matches the cut of the boots which otherwise was always a design element that was just kind of there for no reason.

And most of the replies on official DC social media account are negative when DC mentions the trunks being back.

>the only ridiculous part of this superhero design is his trunks.
>Literally the only aspect with actual, real world practical justification is the ridiculous part.

Are you defective?

Enjoy your red trunks written by fucking Bendis. Retards

It breaks up the blue.

I hate Superbro and I love Superman, but IMO OP's pic is best version of the costume.

He looks fine with the trunks.
He looks fine without the trunks.

STAND BACK
Best costume coming thru

>spidey threads
HHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>wow this run sucks so much, writer x ruined everything
>no it was writer y
>no idiots , writter w fucked the whole shit

>Go to a X-men thread, a Bat thread or a Spidey thread and you'll see people discussing past and present comics.
>Hurr King/Snyder/Morrison/Moore are shit
>Slott/Bendis are shit where’s muh marriage
>Cyclops was right, fuck Beast/Jean/Logan
Nice “discussion”

Everything you just wrote was wrong. Amazing. Each of those groups has a “muh trunks” issue. Spideyfags bitch about the marriage. Xfags bitch about Cuckclops. Batfags bitch about everything but especially King.

Where's his fukkin dick yo.

Does he tuck and tape?

its the least ridiculous part becuase its something men actually do when they wear tights. Put on trunks on top of them to hide the outline of their dick

You're fucking retarded. The modern costume is good.

Hold my beer.

Sassy Snek pls

How am i retarded?

Trunks serve a practical purpose you fucking moron. Its to hide the outline of the penis in tights.

Also its a good design aspect.

I'm fine either way. I wouldn't call it the most crucial part of his design, but it does help break up the blue. When people start fucking with the S, then I get annoyed

Hal finds a way

That's why the trunks are important, Superman's fucking HUNG.

Not so fast.

"no trunks" comes from people of the
>this superhero capecharacter looks too silly, let's make him less goofy
variety, which are mongrels that should never be appeased.

The outfit needed more color. I wasn't married to the trunks, they could have given Supes a bigger belt or something but they never did.

This is Superman's best costume

Here's the thing. The trunks are fine. The non-trunks versions are basically fine. However, one is an integral part of the character's origin, concept, design, and icon and the other was made in an attempt to make idiot naysayers feel more comfortable with reading a story about a flying man in tight PJs.

They look good.

Superman is all about familiarity (and yes, nostalgia). The world may change. Leaders, wars, conflicts, but Superman and his ideals and his red trunks, doesn't change. He will stand for hope no matter what. Red trunks are hope.

They should let cyborg superman keep the one op posted above. Don't bizarro wear the previous blue boots version?

I recognize that bulge.

I'm fine with Superman having or not having trunks, the rest of the design has just got to accommodate for it's lack of presence. But with that being said, people who have issues with Superman having trunks are arguing that a character with super speed, heat vision and freeze breath because the sun's yellow would be unrealistic and look silly. There's also probably a major crossover in this group with people who like batman, a rich man with parent issues who decides to spend millions of dollars on a bat-themed wardrobe and arsenal. Superheroes are inherently silly in design and appearance, people just need to roll with it.

superman should never have a collar. it makes him look too militaristic.

V.2

I think Superman's classic design is classic for a reason- it's just a good design, and you shouldn't fix what isn't broken.

But that said I would be ok with trunks removal if they at least replaced them with a similarly large block of red around his crotch/midsection area. a small beltlike bit of red like theyve been doing since nu52 just doesn't cut it.

Now: if we're gonna do that however, we need to look at Superman's design from a fundamental perspective. Superman looks the way he does because he resembles a circus strongman.

Now, that isnt as common these days, but a weightlifter would be the closest equivalent I can think of. And weightlifters often wear a belt of some sort, which protects their back and abdominal region from stress and provides some support.

DC would do well to add that kind of design to his suit. It doesn't have to be an actual bulky weightlifter's belt, but have the general size and shape of one. AKA a large belt that thins out at the front so as to not be overbearing, but has a large presence at the sides of his abdomen.

feel me? Ive seen a redesign superman floating around that has something like that

Will Benis bring super bro back?

No. He is part of dad.

>X-men thread
SIKE LOPS WUZ RIIIIITE
>Bat thread
BATCATBATCATBCATBCAT
>Spidey thread
Where's the marriage fucking slott fucking bendis where's the marriage fucking slott

Because he looks retarded without it. Simple as that.

This is a compliment for a superhero.

they break out the blue and compliment well with the yellow of his belt.

Fans spent a lot of time defending the trunks after standup comedians started noticing that comparing them to underwear was low-hanging fruit (of the loom) when making jokes about the character.

Now those fans get angry at any suggestion that the trunks should be removed, because it would mean that all that time they spent defending it was wasted.

It's the same reason fans get mad whenever anyone in-universe refers to Aquaman's telepathy as "talking to fish", even if being done ironically for the sake of humor.

It's the same reason fans are mad about Captain Marvel's name being changed to Shazam.

It's like the mentality of a soldier who goes to war, but then loses the war because the government of his nation decided to surrender. Even if the government has good reasons for surrendering, the soldier is still going to be bitter that he was sent away from his family for no reason.

Because they're objectively better from an artistic standpoint.

Literally the only reason anti-trunks fags can come up with for not liking them is hurr durr old fashioned or some derivative.

He looks retarded with them too.

this is what I'm talking about

Jesus Christ how the fuck did that art ever get past an editor who said "yeah this is ok."

also, who the fuck thought adding fingerless gloves to the suit was a good idea? and WHY?

Trunks or something like this. No armor, no blue body stocking. It's gotta be something like this.

His costume was made in his house. By his mother. Who wants to help him project that he's strong and there to help. It shouldn't look threatening. It probably should even look just a bit silly. It needs an element to remind people of what he's going for. The body stocking is just a costume. This or trunks actually goes some way to project the idea of strength. The lighter colors than MoS or a few other modern attempts are friendly than darker shades. It's common sense shit.

I'm surprised by how angry and sad people are getting over the trunks being BACK.

I'm firmly in the Martha made the suit camp but sadly user they barely recognize the kents even exist anymore.

they're from middle america they don't matter.

>It's not, it's fucking ridiculous.
so are capes
should we remove his cape next?

That's corey walker isn't it.

Isnt it supposed to be evocative of strongmen?

It used to be. Now it's evocative of Superman.

The only BENDIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING FOREVER thing I can think of that would be good is undeading the Kents.

I like your style, but I think we can do a bit better.

the only thing bendis can do for me to not drop every fucking book he infects is fuck off

every announcement lately has at least been some shit I could skip. sadly today dc commit sudoku in my eyes.

That actually looks pretty neat, who made it?

Tradition.
Visually it breaks up the sea of blue better than a mere belt.
The sea of blue is even more obvious thanks to 70 years of red trunks. It's like taking away his cape. Just accept that's his costume and move on. Or just move on.

Always liked this one

Hush now

I'd hate it as his main suit, but it's spectacular for a one-shot or elseworlds.

This was the best superman costume

> Oh no my neck
> it's so cold

As a design element, the trunks actually make his costume more harmonious. Without the drunks it feels as if it’s incomplete.

Looks meh. Doesn’t feel like an “it” look.

Because no trunks was a change and autists hate change

So, they actually discuss the comics?

Wrong. All wrong.

This guy was the closest.

>implying this is not the best Superman outfit of all time

Trunks aren't used on the outside, idiot.
Let me guess, you do.

>so are capes
They aren't comparable with fucking trunks on the outside.

>he doesn't know about the strongmen

Name a single reason why the trunks are bad without saying "old fashioned" or similar. There literally isn't, becasue purely from an artistic standpoint he looks objectively better with them,

You mean other than being ridiculous?

>purely from an artistic standpoint he looks objectively better with them
No, they don't.
Name one reason why they don't suck not counting muh nostalgia.

>You mean other than being ridiculous?
No more ridiculous than the rest of his outfit.

>Name one reason why they don't suck not counting muh nostalgia.
They break up the blue.

The only trunks I think look odd are the ones that have strings.

>No more ridiculous than the rest of his outfit
You're wrong, they are much more ridiculous than the rest.

>They break up the blue.
There's no need to.

Indeed, it makes people laugh and everybody thinks it is stupid except for old fans insist everything was perfect a long time ago

Nostalgia goggles always plays a part when you are talking about such a worldwide well known character. I mean, people don't picture Batgod necessarily the way he appears today and if you decided to change his uniform by taking out the cape, I can bet you any large number of people would bitch about it.

Because the trunks are a normie meme.

>you are wrong, they are much more ridiculous that the rest.
...Are you...honestly being sincere right now?
>There's no need to.
Without the trunks he just looks like Ultraman doing a shitty disguise job.
Of course, knowing how plebs like nothing but edgy characters, and are easily disgusted by characters who are good and decency-minded without being absolute tards as well, I can see how they would like the design of the bad-guy version of Superman a lot more.

Couldn't they just make it canon so that his shorts were a darker shade of red and were actually part of his leggings? You know, sewn-in? Like some small leave-behind of Kryptonian couture?

I always thought of the red shorts as being the Krypton equivalent of a kilt.

when normies think batman they think adam west dressed as michael keaton, yet joker is heath ledger, and superman is christopher reeves. people have hard nostalgia and don't budge on opinions, or bother watching actual material/comics/movies/cartoons.