How many apply to you?

How many apply to you?

Totally spies i saw some places but never watched because i wasnt allowed to watch CN, i also wasnt allowed to watch anime but in the past few years ive become big in sailor moon, and jenny was my first major crush and still that show is one of the best nicktoons of all time.

97' here the only shows I remembered watching from my childhood are
Kim Possible
My life as a Teenage Robot
Totally spies

Kim Possible and MLAATR were created by men and were generally made for all audiences, nothing particularly girly about the premises or the comedy. And Totally Spies was clearly intentionally made as fetish fuel
Same

MLAATR is "girly"?

I watched all of those aside from WITCHES because it wasn't on my tv, and Tenchi because what the fuck am I gonna watch a show where all the hotties want to fuck some Flash Sentry ass nigga for, if I'm gonna watch a show for waifus they better at least be pure

Literally all of them.

Mars and Kiyone best grils

Most of these I watched post growing up, but Tenchi Muyo fits the bill here.

Watching now, I see not a single relationship in that series was remotely healthy.

Tenchi Muyo is primarily for men and teen boys, it's a harem anime.

Doesn't change that it was Toonami, and I consider Ryoko as the catalyst for my discovery of hentai.

>I see not a single relationship in that series was remotely healthy.
That's a very common thing in shonen series.

Sailor Moon and to a lesser extent, Tenchi. It was a spanish dub on a channel that barely came in.

>shows
>posts crappy W.I.T.C.H. comic designs

>I consider Ryoko as the catalyst for my discovery of hentai.
Mine too, user. Well, that show in general.

Sailor Moon desu, but I watched My Life as a Teenage Robot because I liked the aesthetic and thought it was funny sometimes.

>not Jupiter

Kys pedestrian faggot

I forgot about this scene. My tanlines fetish totally makes sense now.

Pretty sure sailor moon jumpstarted puberty for me at the ripe old age of like 5-6 when it would air alongside gundam and dbz

Let this be a lesson to all you parents out there. Sheltered kids lead childish lives.

I have no excuse.

Totally Spies
Sailor Moon
W.i.t.c.h.
Tokyo Mew Mew
Magical/Ojamajo Doremi - probably what got me into watching subs as a kid because I wanted more but 4kids never delivered

Only Totally Spies. I was aware of Kim Possible and Teenage Robot though. I'm watching Sailor Moon now though. I feel like I at least heard of it as a child, but I missed out on not watching it as a kid.

>My tanlines fetish totally makes sense now.

Here's just a theory for why that is:
You see tanlines. You think in your head you are seeing something you shouldn't be. And that's hot.

Only Sailor Moon and Totally spies fell under this.

Teenage Robot was a legitimately good show that I found entertainment in past what waifus were on it.

I didn’t watch the rest

>I didn’t watch the rest
>judges all of them
typical Sup Forums

Its like even when a chick is naked, you see the tanlines and can imagine her being even more naked. Similar appeal to transparent underwear I guess.

Although the main appeal of tanlines has to be the relation to tomboys.

>Tenchi Muyo
>girly
The fact that it has a lot of girls in it doesn't mean it's girly.

There's probably no Americans born past 1996 who saw Sailor Moon and Tenchi, because they ended on Toonami in 2002 with no reruns

>totally spies
>cute
bondate and mind control are hot as fuck, not cute.

Mostly, yes.

Of my generation it would be Josie and the Pussy Cats!!! L.O.L.

>Let this be a lesson to all you parents out there. Sheltered kids end up becoming angry and butter, as well as sexual deviants
FTFY

No the fact that it's a harem romance drama with light action adventure elements (VERY light considering how much time is spent doting over the bland MC) makes it girly.

Harem animes are trash, no exceptions.

Are you sure it's not because of Love Hina? That's what happened to me

Harem anime is not aimed at girls.

>Harem animes are trash, no exceptions.
Nice meme.

I didn’t judge the ones I didn’t see though at all though.

Stop being so retardedly triggered.

>angry and butter
I can't believe it's not bitter

All but Tenchi Muyo
Harem sucks

Shit, i actually watched all of these except for W.I.T.C.H.
Though, if i remember right, i still had AOL , so watching 1/3 of Tenchi Muyo would take 5-6 hours to load up.

Name 3 good harem animes and I'll condescendingly explain to you how each one of them, and by extension you, is utter garbage.

Totally Spies, Sabrina, Tenchi Muyo, and Sailor Moon.

For different reasons, mind you.

>Harem anime is not aimed at girls.

This. Gundam Wing was more aimed at girls than Tenchi Muyo for the simple fact that the main cast was primarily comprised of beautiful men with emotional issues.

If you're a straight girl who do you have to look at in Tenchi Muyo? Tenchi? He's bland as fuck to the point where in the manga they constantly joke about how useless and unnecessary he is. The shit is literally called "No Need For Tenchi". The girls themselves are too dynamic to serve as self-inserts for women.

This is bait. No matter what anime is named, you will claim it's bad even if you don't know what it is. And yeah, of course I must be garbage too. You are just fucking repeating what you've been told. You are brainwashed by memes.

None, I watched MLAATR, Totally Spies and rarely Kim Possible because they're good cartoons.

>If you're a straight girl who do you have to look at in Tenchi Muyo?
Pretty clothes and drama. Remember why Lucas added Padme to the Prequels? Remember how it worked and totally drew girls to see a space adventure just for pretty dresses and wackadoo hair styles?

Again, I look back and realize bitch is crazy, and not just for being violent.
Mihoshi, while dopey, is the most sane option, and is delicious brown.

>Remember why Lucas added Padme to the Prequels?
Remember how that has nothing to do with how Japanese media works?

>Pretty clothes

Thats really fuckin' debatable.

>drama

I could see the interest in the romance drama, but thats pretty unisex. Especially since Tenchi doesn't even end up with anyone canonically. Also the girls are the only characters that really get any kind of sex appeal.

>No matter what anime is named, you will claim it's bad even if you don't know what it is
Always nice to teach a newfag something about how things work around here.
>You are just fucking repeating what you've been told. You are brainwashed by memes.
You're just salty you have shit taste in anime. Harem animes are legit boring wish-fulfillment self-insert garbage. The genre is pathetic by definition. "Lol what if a bunch of grils liked you despite how dull and unattractive you are wouldn't that be crazy lol"

>Again, I look back and realize bitch is crazy, and not just for being violent.

Ryoko is an absolute nutcase who slowly learns how to function around humans. In most stories she settles down after a while, especially after she fuses with Zero and gains more realistic emotions.

It's arguable that she's the only character who really loves Tenchi for Tenchi.

Mihoshi is nice but she's an absolute fuckup. If you want to see how living with her would turn out just look at Kiyone.

Yes

But Tenchi was localized for the West. How could Western media advertising theory not be relevant?

>Always nice to teach a newfag something about how things work around here.
I gave no possible indication of being a newfag, which can only mean you are projecting.

>You're just salty you have shit taste in anime.
"Shit taste" is also a meme.

>wish-fulfillment
>self-insert
Memes.

Because it's not a Western work and was never made for the Western market.

>>wish-fulfillment
>>self-insert
>Memes.

Look. I like Tenchi but you have to agree that this is an obvious aspect of harem anime. Line up a few protags from harem shows and you'll get a pile of bland, asexual, black/brown haired everymen that are made to be substituted.

Think Bella Swan from Twilight.

>falling for the newfag meme
Pathetic.

Totally spies,mlaatr, and kim possible, loved these shows.

MlaaTR was not a girly show

95. These three and Sabrina. But what makes them "girly" other than having female leads? A lot of action stuff happened.

Wish fulfillment is a meme because it's presented as a criticism and because the criticism is not evenly applied (One Punch Man isn't wish fulfillment because it's a "good" anime for decent God-fearing people with kino taste).

Self-insertion is a meme because it's Westerners, not the Japanese, who are into self-insertion. And again it's just taken for granted that self-insertion must be bad.

>Line up a few protags from harem shows and you'll get a pile of bland, asexual, black/brown haired everymen that are made to be substituted.
You are just forcing them into a mold of your own creation.

I didn't fall for any meme.

>watching W.I.T.C.H ever

All fo them except Tenchi Muyo, and that's just because I didn't get Toonami until after it was gone.
I did catch a few episodes when I went to my Grandma's house and she had Satelite.
I would've probably been obsessed if I had access, it's not really a girly show either, it's a literal Harem anime.

Also
>Remember being typical "Girls are Icky" cliche when Totally Spies is announced
>Sister wants to watch it because it's mostly aimed at her demo in ads
>Naturally end up watching it years after she lost interest which was practically immediately

>97

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Not gonna deny Sailor Moon for the mini skirts and legs

Why is Tenchi Muyo on that list?

Its a harem series

I'm normally someone who enjoys a lot of anime, but, I saw galaxy police, and Soul Eater Not.

Both were so awful. So. Fucking. Awful.
My god user, DON'T watch those two. Please. "Oh, I liked soul eater though!" Soul eater not is aptly named. Because it's NOT soul eater. It's NOT good. It's NOT watchable. It's NOT interesting. It's NOT anything but pure garbage.

And galaxy police?
The less said there, the better.

What about Naruto?

totally spies was the only one i watched cause the girls were hot. I liked Kim Possible and Lizzie Maguire. Sabrina was kinda half and half.

don't watch anime

What ABOUT Dragon Ball Clone #87?

>Tenshi Muyo
>Girly shows

What?

>Both were so awful. So. Fucking. Awful.
So?

get out underage

>Wish fulfillment is a meme because it's presented as a criticism

I'm not presenting it as a criticism. I'm saying it's an aspect of the show.

>Self-insertion is a meme because it's Westerners, not the Japanese, who are into self-insertion.

You're pretty much just making this up. The entire shonen genre is rooted in self-insertion and wish fulfillment. Again, this doesn't necessarily take away form the works but it's pretty obvious that these shows are made to invite the watcher on an adolescent adventure that they otherwise would not be able to experience.

I really don't understand how you can look at the bulk of anime that are built around "spring time" "height of youth" "middle-high school" and not see this.

>You are just forcing them into a mold of your own creation.

I really didn't. It's just an observation. Even if we bring this back to Tenchi, honestly what aspects of him make him an interesting character?

Didn't really catch my attention past the first two seasons or so. Don't know if you're asking facetiously or not. But it's nothing special or terrible. The fans I abhor, obviously, but, boy when that show started to get stupid, it got STUPID. Again, dropped it after a while. But again, nothing terribly offense those first two seasons. Pretty standard fare.

MLAATR for real
kim possible for everything but kim possible
and totally spies accidentally, but then got stuck on the fetish fuel

>Self-insertion is a meme because it's Westerners, not the Japanese, who are into self-insertion.
>not the Japanese
You know there's a reason why the large majority of visual novels have unvoiced main characters

Because the main character is the avatar of the player?

They're both harem anime.

I mean, I never thought just being as casual as I am with anime I could CARE. But it turns out there's a level of shit that even I won't put up with.

4-and-a-half. KP, Tenchi, Sailor and XJ9, with Spies on mute.

>budding lesbian starter pack

Good thing there's no show by that name, then.

>I'm not presenting it as a criticism.
You are.

>You're pretty much just making this up.
Westerners are constantly talking about it and constantly pointing fingers at characters and calling them self-inserts. They are constantly talking about "representation" and "identification." They cannot get into shows like K-On and games like Neptunia while Japanese male otaku love them (and have no obvious point of self-insertion). Western RPGs are about making your own character and your own story, JRPGs are about following the story of a pre-defined character. And so on.

Yes, self-insertion is a Western thing. That Westerners are relentlessly projecting onto the Japanese because I guess they are ashamed of it.

>I really didn't. It's just an observation.
It's a meme.

Visual novels are experienced from a first person perspective.

>They're both harem anime.
So?

Ah My Goddess is one of the greatest works of any medium, of any time frame, of any species, in any universe. I know that you might not understand it, but the exploration of unconditional love is one of the most universal themes and is done in a way that nothing else has done since.

>So?
I don't know what else to tell you.
I explained my experience with harem anime.
And why and how I found them bad. Sorry my dude, just opinions and smelly farts.

There are many harem anime, not just two. There are bad works (or whatever you think is bad) in any genre.

>You are.

Please highlight when I presented this aspect of the show as being either positive or negative.

>Westerners are constantly talking about it

Westerners being more obsessed about it than the Japanese does not mean that self-insertion is not present in Japanese media. Nor does it mean that the harem, shounen, and shoujo genres do not contain works that feature bland, almost featureless protags that serve no purpose other than to be the dartboard that other more interesting and developed characters fire their attention at.

>It's a meme.

Even if it was a meme that does nothing to diminish it. Or do you not know what a meme actually is?

Totally Spies, Sabrina, Teenage Robot, Sailor Moon and Kim Possible.
Lizzy Mcquire was fucking bait and switch, lure you in with cartoons and you get live action tween bullshit.

"Harem animes are legit boring wish-fulfillment self-insert garbage."

>Nor does it mean that the harem, shounen, and shoujo genres do not contain works that feature bland, almost featureless protags that serve no purpose other than to be the dartboard that other more interesting and developed characters fire their attention at.
You are classifying characters as self-inserts because of your own obsession with self-insertion that you are projecting onto the Japanese out of shame or some other reason.

>Even if it was a meme that does nothing to diminish it.
That's exactly what diminishes it.

>"Harem animes are legit boring wish-fulfillment self-insert garbage."

Different user my guy. My replied started at, That explains the confusion.

>You are classifying characters as self-inserts

I'm classifying them as self-inserts because they fit the mold of what a self insert is and how they normally function within the context of a story. Please tell me what Tenchi, as a character brings to the table of his own stories. I would honestly prefer his blandness be some intentional aspect thats meant to serve some larger mechanism than it simply being the result of the author's inability to write an interesting male protagonist.

>That's exactly what diminishes it.

I feel like you're coming to the table with some preconceived notions of what a meme actually is. Step off Sup Forums and look up the actual word. Just because something is repeated that doesn't automatically mean it isn't true, nor vise-versa.

Doesn't matter if you aren't the same person, you essentially assumed his position in the debate.

>I'm classifying them as self-inserts because they fit the mold of what a self insert is and how they normally function within the context of a story.
No. It's like I just said: you are classifying characters as self-inserts because of your own obsession with self-insertion that you are projecting onto the Japanese out of shame or some other reason.

>I feel like you're coming to the table with some preconceived notions of what a meme actually is.
In this case it means a falsehood that spreads like a mental virus among people. They mindlessly repeat it everywhere.

none

I think Lizzy McGuire started my fetish for girls in sandals.

Sounds like NEET-bait. Unconditional love doesn't exist and if it did it would be horrifying.

Needs Powerpuff girls

All except Witch. Add Braceface and you'll pretty much have all of them.

Not him but I will take the challenge.

I nominate
>Original Tenchi
>Ranma (has a lot of elements of Harem)
>Boku Hatate Warlord San

Must be true; I'm gay and I didn't like any of these shows. Well I liked Tenchi, but that's because I'm a weeb.

NEETs are not a target audience and bait basically does not exist in Japan.

I watched cartoons that featured female characters as main characters, but I never saw them sexually attractive or anything.

>Doesn't matter if you aren't the same person, you essentially assumed his position in the debate.

It does since me and him have differing opinions. He thought harem anime were bad because they feature wish-fulfillment and self-inserts. I don't.

>you are classifying characters as self-inserts because of your own obsession with self-insertion

I mean I feel like we could go round and around about this while you continue to gloss over any opportunities to actually defend Tenchi as a character or provide any passing examples as to how he differs in personality from any other straight-laced brown/black haired everyman protagonist thats featured in harem anime.

>In this case it means a falsehood that spreads like a mental virus among people. They mindlessly repeat it everywhere.

You made this definition up.

>It does since me and him have differing opinions.
Nope.

>I mean I feel like we could go round and around about this while you continue to gloss over any opportunities to actually defend Tenchi as a character or provide any passing examples as to how he differs in personality from any other straight-laced brown/black haired everyman protagonist thats featured in harem anime.
He is irrelevant. We are talking about the entirety of Japanese media.

>You made this definition up.
It is what a meme is.