How would you fix Gravity Falls?

How would you fix Gravity Falls?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.crygaia.org/view/Lore:Solomon_Island
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The first and foremost means of fixing the show would be to expand the show into three seasons. The first season would be the same as it was, the new season two would end with Ford's reveal, and the third season would follow through to the end.

If a new season came right now you would probably dislike it.

This, more Mabel episodes where she actually has to grow as a character, keep Pacifica's character growth, give Wendy a damn episode or two, fix a few plotholes like whoever the shadowy guy is in Irrational Treasure. Also, Dipper's cheeks. Both sets.

Well, yes. The show had a shit ending that would taint anything that came after.

It's why OP says FIX not CONTINUE.

>Slightly more serious tone
>Bill is a creepy shadow that moves on walls and floors instead of a meme dorito
>Gnomes, unicorns and all the magical shit is replaced with cryptid-like monsters, like in the "guide to the unexplained" shorts
>No fucking love god
>No Gideon
>Hints that Bill can attack characters wherever and whenever he wants
>No What He Seems span over several episodes
>Characters actually search for the mystery
>Less teen drama
>Mabel acts like in season 1
>Dipper become Stan's apprentice
>There's a reason for Gravity Falls to be that way, other than "it's a place where weird stuff hapens LOL"

Wow, it's so DARK and GRITTY. And GRITTY. And DARK.

>Into the Bunker
>Legend of the gobblewonker
>Not What he Seems
>Dipper and Mabel vs the future
>Weirdmageddon
>Dreamscaperers
Were these DARK AND GRITTY by your standards?

Agreed on all but two points.
Keep the gnomes and the unicorns, it's just a hint that old myths exist around the world too, but weirder than the sanitized acounts that history passes and it's not just Gravity Falls and it's new weird monsters. It fleshes the world out.
Gideon was in the first season, as what someone can do with knowledge of mystic bullshit and no morals. The shit was bringing him back for season two without either character arc or a satisying conclusion. So keep him on season one and either give him a character arc to justify redemtion or keep him a villain and henchmen and have him be defeated again as part of the final battle.

Get rid of the stupid plot points where just holding on to a physical deed gives you ownership of a property. That is not how property rights work

>it's just a hint that old myths exist around the world too
This was the perfect setting for a wendigo or a bigfoot, not for trolls and fairies.

>Captain autismo saves the day

>tfw the pilot characters were actually better

there isn't a grim reaper episode and that irks me
>Stan's shadow
what did they mean by this

merge Wendy and Pacifica together into a single character, and have "Wendifica" play a larger role in the series both as part of the adventures and as Dipper's love interest(with it actually going somewhere instead of being a massive waste of time)

Make it Warhammer related, with the Dark Gods and a cameo by the God Emperor of Man.

Get rid of Mabel completely.
Make humor less obnoxious and more actually funny.
Tone is closer to CTCD.
Have a better and actually scary (at least by kids show standards) villain than fucking Bill Cipher.
>>Mabel acts like in season 1
No! It's still shit.

Oh, and make characters more likable in general.

Gravity falls was comfy. And mostly pretty great. The reason Sup Forums goes full autism rage meltdown whenever it comes up is that they had such high hopes for it and it ended up being just “pretty good” instead of “the best ever.” The few less exciting episodes, coupled with Mabel not having a stronger arc, are mentioned over and over again by Sup Forums with fresh rage years after the series ended like we’re talking about a recent breakup. We have because we love. We hype things up too high and then tear them down when they don’t reach our impossible expectations

Honestly I wouldn’t “fix” Gravity Falls. I’d adjust my expectations and appreciate a B+ show with a few great characters and episodes. I would watch a reboot thought

Or, which is far more likely, you just have low standards.

/thread
(but only in part)

>And mostly pretty great
>"pretty good"
No.
>expecting something to be actually good instead of mediocre is having impossible expectations
Fuck off.

>Bill is a creepy shadow that moves on walls and floors instead of a meme dorito
Fuck I want this.

He's not saying it's impossible expectations, he's saying that the amount of rage over the show doesn't make sense and the butthurt to expectation ratio is skewed far too much to butthurt

I honestly think it would've been better if Mabel had never existed and instead of that whole twin dynamic that wasn't handled very well it was just about Dipper going to the Falls for the summer

I wish there'd been at least one cute ghost girl

Mabel as a character is good. The problem is how she relates to others.

What do you mean?

The problem is there's way too many episodes where the moral is "Dipper has to sacrifice for Mabel" and only one where she does the same for him.

She does sorta get rewarded for (albeit accidentally) causing the end of the world

>Implying any grown man wasting time arguing over kids cartoons on the internet have the rights to have standards.

She robs her pig of sentience because she liked him better as a pet, Mabel's not a good person.

But the show and most of the fandom treats her as if she were a perfect little angel

3 seasons like originally intended.

Other than that, the show is actually perfect.

Have Mabel dress sluttier

That's the point tho

The point of what?

>Not wanting a talking pig friend

Mabel has such shitty taste

>Other than that, the show is actually perfect.
No it's not.

>No it's not.
Yes, it is.

What makes it perfect?

If you expect Regular Show instead of Stranger Things it's perfect.

I didn't expect either

>huur duuur remove Mabel
>probably one of the most popular characters of the show, probably more popular than even Dipper himself

You guys are retarded, and clearly not the target audience.

Popular, but not good.

Not good, but still sexy.

So you admit your true intentions

So why do so many people like Mabel?

> inb4 Shadman

>The reason Sup Forums goes full autism rage meltdown whenever it comes up is that they had such high hopes for it and it ended up being just “pretty good” instead of “the best ever.”
This. This is the reason why Sup Forums ends up hating every show it once liked. The people here end up hyping themselves so much and creating unrealistic expectations that when a show fails to live up to their autistic standards they start despising it like it's the worst thing since the advent of Johnny Test.

I had no expectations since I didn't start watching until after it finished, and I still didn't like it

Without Mabel, Dipper would have been stranded far from home in a strange, sometimes scary new environment, robbed of all familiarity. It would fundamentally change the show. I'm not saying it would be a bad change, but the show really wouldn't be Gravity Falls anymore. I understand the purpose of this thread is to propose changes to the show, but "remove Mable" might as well be "Make every episode be inspired by one of the stories from 1,001 Arabian Nights". Again, not an inherently bad idea, but would be such a substantial change that I don't really think it should be seriously considered as part of this discussion.

As for what tweaks you could make to make the show good without altering it on a base level, I'd say in general stop shitting on Dipper and treating Mabel like Quirky Sweater Jesus.

Not me

Is "bad" still "bad" if every other place likes it, but not the place where the few bitter losers live? What you define as "good" is not what most people define as "good", and you have nothing to prove that your opinion is more worth than others.

Did someone say Shadman?

If you're talking about Sock Opera, I think her "sacrifice" pretty much fell apart after the reveal that her crush was a fucking creep. She even said she might've dodged a bullet there, so in the end what did she really sacrifice?

Not much

I like Bill’s personality, I just wish he could be edgier. The idea that he isn’t an evil being, just a cosmic horror whose morality scale is so offaxis that it resembles inane absurdism to humans is neat, but he never gets to do fucked up shit and his character suffers for it in Weirdmaggedon.

Maybe the pilot if I was being picky. The show had perfect pacing, ending and length.

Remove all the deepest lore. Make Dipper be the one writing a journal about all the weird shit that happens in the town. Boom, better show with no definite end time. More fighter/cool Wendy, less whiny/thirsty Mabel. Also Grenda is a orc that just looks like a girl.

But, it's not like Regular Show at all, and Stranger Things is okay at best. So no matter what you meant by this the show is still poor overall

CTCD?

Make the ending better. Actually make the circle, the thing the series was building up, at least hurt bill instead of ‘it did fucking nothing.’

That fucking shot. Three main characters engaging with a supernatural hook. If only the actual series followed from that.

Mabel getting raped, especially by her brother, is my sexual fetish.

>with no definite end time
Summer's gotta end sometime, bud.

Making Mabel a real character would be a good start, since she is one of the two protagonists. Even here she's described as basically a list of quirks.

>muh argumentum ad populum
>hurr durr if you don't like shit you're just not the target audience
Here comes one of those cocksuckers.
>more argumentum ad populum
>LE BITTER LOSERS XD
Speaking your own language, judging by you everyone who likes Mabel is a fucking idiot.

>a list of quirks
Speaking of which those would need to be toned down severely.
"Quirky" characters are cancer.

>"Quirky" characters are cancer.
What are some other exmaples?

I won't deny that Sup Forums had expectations too high for it that it would've never met but you can't deny that Hirsch is a lazy faggot who left a lot to be desired either.

>make Bill considerably less OP so it's more believable that a fucking reality warping mind-reader (who would be basically omnipotent and ripping people's heads off with the snap of his fingers if GF were an adult's show or were a comic) can get beat by two old dudes swapping clothes and their niece and nephew
>add more legitimately spooky cryptids instead of memeshit like the multibear, stuff like wendigos, Mothman, chupacabras, yetis, etc., still have fun creatures like unicorns and whatnot though as well but it'd be fun to still throw in a Lich-esque monster in there every once in a while
>make Mabel less selfish, less boy crazy and actually interested in mysteries maybe give her episodes where she's the protagonist and solving her own mysteries and kicking ass
>maybe some episodes involving Ford's adventures in the alternate dimensions or at least some fucking information on where the fuck Ford has been, how'd he survive during those first few days/weeks/months he was in there, etc.,
>any sort of vague explanation as to why Gravity Falls is so weird in the first place
>less of Dipper pining over Wendy
>maybe make Pacifica one of Dipper's or Mabel's friends, or both
>give Dipper at least one friend of his own who's his own age so he's not so reliant on Mabel socially
>Dipper definitely takes up the apprenticeship (but maybe Mabel decides to stick around too? Not sure)

Also in the pic you posted OP, it says that everyone in his class thinks Dipper's really weird so I think it'd be good if they showed it instead of just constantly saying he's "soooo awkward and sweaty xD", actually show him spilling his spaghetti something awful back in California at school at least once

>There's a reason for Gravity Falls to be that way, other than "it's a place where weird stuff hapens LOL"

Make it a G-rated Solomon Island from The Secret World.

wiki.crygaia.org/view/Lore:Solomon_Island

>maybe some episodes involving Ford's adventures in the alternate dimensions or at least some fucking information on where the fuck Ford has been, how'd he survive during those first few days/weeks/months he was in there, etc.
So much fucking this

After a tragedy in his family, Dipper is sent to Gravity Falls where he soon discovers strange things happening. For one thing, he's "Haunted" by the ghost of his recently deceased sister, Mabel.

Basically this is the whole series, Dipper and ghost Mabel go on adventures together and the whole series is about learning to let go of loved ones.