What does Sup Forums think of Fables?

What does Sup Forums think of Fables?

It is good.

>tfw you remember "that"

It was good, spent many sunny days in the library reading through the lot(up to that point). I kind of dropped off after that though, is it still going?

somethingsomethingIsrael

I enjoyed it. haven't read past the whole plan to invade the Mundy world. I really ought to get back to it.

First 50 issues are incredible
50-75 is great
75-100 is good
100-140 is ok with a few exceptions being good
140-150 is a let down and rushed.

I enjoyed it well enough until the Mr.Dark shit.

Trips of truth but if the Mr. Dark storyline hadn't ended with an almost literal deus ex machina it would've been just fine

Fables stopped being good right around the same time jack of fables came out. It's the Simpsons/Futurama of comics.

I was just pissed off that we have this whole thing about Totenkinder going SSJ2 and sealing him away to cap off the story... but then fuck that, he's back and that was fucking pointless. But then he gets sealed away again almost immediately and I was left sitting there going "the fucking point was that then?"
It's when it really started to feel like to me that Billy Willy was writing this story like a connect the dots picture. There was planning in terms of that he definitely had points he wanted to reach, but sometimes the only way he seemed to know how to connect the dots is a literary straight line.

someone post the reading guide that shows the steady decline in quality

I don't know, but is the comic as good as The Wolf Among Us?

I think this is the most recent I've seen

started out kind of okay, but i forced myself to finish it.
it was that bad at the end.

I stopped reading around #50 and I stopped having fun around like #30ish

Good enough to read almost all of it.
But only good enough to recommend up to the end of the war.

Hated it. In the hands of a writer like Gaiman or Morrison it probably would have been amazing, but I just found it to be too tonally inconsistent and filled with really unlikable characters.

The Wolf Among Us is the complete opposite though, and it fixes pretty much every issue with the comics. I really wish the tone in them was closer to what the game was.

The firsts volumes and the big war were great. Shit started with Mr Dark.

How many of the spin-offs are worth reading? Because there are a lot

Eventually succumbs to the same political bullshit that modern left-wing books do, but in the other direction. Before that, it's top notch.

Thought the first arc was great. Animal Farm killed my interest in reading further. Shit sucked.

The first episode of TWAU is incredible, the rest is okay. Likewise, the very beginning of Fables is great, the rest is decent to bad.

I felt the same way but kept on reading because Sup Forums raved about how good it was, so I thought if I just powered through it would get better.

I ended up making it all the way to Snow giving birth before I threw in the towel because the only thing worse than something retarded is something retarded that thinks it's incredible.

That was nice.

Read the first three volumes, 1001 Nights, and the Peter and Max Novel. Safe to say I enjoyed every bit and quit while I was ahead. I have played Wolf Among Us too which was a pretty fun ride.

Liked it when the artist actually drew bigby's mouth and pupils. Confused when he stopped.

i dropped off from it after like the 14th volume or something. the new villain showed up that looked like a malnourished knockoff Morpheus

I don't have much to say about it other than I enjoyed it a whole lot. And yeah, stopping at issue #75 is strongly encouraged. Everything afterwards sucked a chode.

Also Bigby, Boy Blue and Charming are best boys.

I'm not gonna lie, I got into it because of The Wolf Among Us. I was disappointed that the Detective Bigby arc was so short, and also the fact that he was sidelined in order to focus on characters that I simply could not care about.

But I will say that the love story between Bigby and Snow is absolutely amazing, and I'm usually not a fan. Seriously, the very last panel with the two of them made up for all the shittiness that came before it.

>best girl Totenkinder is dead
>second best girl Ozma is also dead

You forgot Flycatcher you silly goose

Vol.12 belongs with previous eleven and Jack of Fables is a pile of shit not worth getting into.