>>98426797

There already was a thread.

>How the fuck does this not have a proper thread?

Because the last one hit more than 500 comments so it couldn't be bumped up.

Previous discussion:

>Action will continue the numbering with #1001 and be a more slice of life style book with Clark's personal life, focusing on Metropolis and the Daily Planet

This is an interesting idea but not one that you'd put into a comic called Action Comics

Shaner, Sook and Hughes are great artists
shame Bendis is going to waste them

I'm willing to at least give him a shot.

I mean its not like we have a choice.

Yeah, that seems kinda backwards. You'd think Action would be the action-adventure book and Superman would be the character study book.

Superman is the higher seller so they're putting more pow wams and BOOMs in that one

>action comics will be sol
>Superman will be action

Basically this >You'd think Action would be the action-adventure book and Superman would be the character study book.

Yeah, this guy's got it right. Ideally Action Comics would be the book with the action but they want the action-y book to be the one getting the most readers and that's always the book titled Superman.

>big Marvel guy jumps ship to DC
>gets the keys to Superman, given multiple concurrent books to write
>kicks off his tenure with a miniseries called "Man of Steel"

I see what they're doing.
God willing Bendis's run will be as good as Byrne's.

Don't they get that what makes Superman the higher seller is the comfy family stuff?

So now that Tomasi is losing the Superman monthly and needs another book to write, maybe DC can give him Operation Justice Incarnate? He seems to be the only writer interested in using them.

Bendis removes his mask revealing he was Byrne this whole time.

RIP Jon

As long as he keeps Super Sons I'm happy

At the end of the day DC editors have final say and Jon is popular so he’s going no where.

>Byrne gradually went into hermit mode at around the same time Bendis' star was rising

Really makes you think

I'm a bit of a comics brainlet. what is he doing?

Jon is replaced by an alternate-universe version that is exactly* the same, but better!

*Almost

>"some of the biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis"

HE'S GONNA BE GAY

HE'S GONNA BE GAY!

What is the status quo of Superman?

He has a rat tail now

IIRC Phantom Stranger enters the netherworld to judge the souls of a bunch of dead criminals while Superman has to fight the manifestation of their evil in the corporeal plane.

It's a pretty killer issue.

Even worse my friend. He's gonna be an Albanian.

Clark moved to Metropolis with Lois and Jon I think? The books aren't terribly concerned with establishing exactly what the status quo is. It's basically one crazy adventure to the next.

What's funny is the Superman books of the nineties had the opposite problem. If Perry White's wife had a bowel movement there was multiple issue subplot about it.

Fuck this shit. I'm moving to Japan.

>If Perry White's wife had a bowel movement there was multiple issue subplot about it.
It's actually kinda funny that this isn't truly an exaggeration here.

he doesn't care he's a shill.

That word has no meaning.

>>Bendis's Action Comics #1000 story will kick off his run with "some of the biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis"

FUCK.

>Then Bendis gets both Action Comics AND Superman

It's over. It's all over.

>from Ivan Reis, Doc Shaner, Ryan Sook, Kevin Maguire, Adam Hughes, and Jason Fabok
So he is ruining Dark Matter Artist first imprint by stealing artists and causing artist changes three issues in.
>bendis is starting an imprint like Young Animal featuring smaller characters
He's directly competing and killing the Young Animal imprint too.
>all that Superman shit
And he is ruining Superman and Action Comics with all the same shit he ruined Marvel with.
And he's tainting the seminal 1000 issue to use it as a set up for his garbage story.

DC is done.

You mean no weight, not no meaning. And still you're wrong.

I'm taking Action and Superman off my pull list after the current runs finish because Bendis is one of the few writers who I refuse to give another chance.

It's the exact same thing Byrne did in the 80s after Crisis, even the miniseries is the same name.

If Bendis can somehow not be as bad as he was at Marvel over the past decade, then maybe he can just pull off being this generation's Byrne for Superman. I desperately want this to be good, but Bendis has a shit track record.

To be very fair, the only good news in all of this is that he's derailing all those garbage ass books.

this. I guess they planned on ac1000 being a big jumping off point? Pretty unorthodox business plan if you ask me.

>And he's tainting the seminal 1000 issue to use it as a set up for his garbage story.
This, along with him touching Supes in general, is probably what pissed me off the most about all this. Why the big 1000? Why such a big issue for such a long-running series? Has DC just lost their fucking minds, if they think that letting Fucking Bendis even so much as breath near the production of this issue is a good idea?

>maybe he can just pull off being this generation's Byrne for Superman

I was thinking the other day that there really hasn't been a massively influential Superman writer in a long time. The big three are Jerry Siegel, Otto Binder and John Byrne. I feel like we're due for another once-in-a-generation Superman writer. I'm not saying it's going to be Bendis, but the timing would coincide nicely.

What's also annoying is people here will see the sales drop from 1000 to 1001 and blame Bendis as well as see the sales increase for an issue 1 and attribute it to Bendis.

Superman has been the higher seller without "comfy family stuff".

>Sales increasing
>"Attributing it" to fucking Bendis of all people
Hahahahaha, how hilarious.

>Then Bendis gets both Action Comics AND Superman, which go back to monthly
Why?!! I understand giving him one of them. But BOTH? Why?

And what happens to Tomasi? Will he still write Super Sons?

He’s gonna be black.

Cancelled so Bendis can kill him for his status quo shaking story.

It sounds like those books will be monthly, not bimonthly, so there might be two more book slots opening soon. Tomasi will probably still be writing Super Sons

>so there might be two more book slots opening soon
Yes, the new Bendis imprint books.

Or whatever books Snyder is spinning out of No Justice.

it's actually really funny they're giving him his own imprint to play in

No Justice spins offs gotta just be a couple of Justice League books. JLA, JLI, JL Dark, etc.

i think bendis will get one but whatever.

>It sounds like those books will be monthly
I'm more upset about this.

>Why?!! I understand giving him one of them. But BOTH? Why?
Probably because Cuckdis' 'friends' at DC likely pulled strings to get him into a position where he could take over both series. With any luck, his MRSA resurfaces and kills his ass before he can irreversibly destroy Superman and co.

Titans, Teen Titans, and Justice League of America are also apparently changing after "No Justice," so there are going to be a bunch of announcements next month.

>Thought Bendis going to DC would be good because he would be working with a leash on unlike he was at marvel
>As soon as he gets there they give him both Superman books
welp, i'm out

That's the Byrne arrangement. He got a Superman mini and then got both Superman and Action Comics.

Remember, Bendis is from the generation where Byrne was king, and even though he's never gotten Byrne to work with him, he's constantly imitating Byrne (like the first thing he did on Avengers was have the Scarlet Witch go crazy because that's how Byrne did it).

(Pointless trivia: Originally Byrne was going to do Superman and the team-up book "DC Comics Presents," but he successfully lobbied for his team-up book to get the more prestigious Action Comics name. The team that was supposed to get Action got their book's name changed to The Adventures of Superman.)

they're likely doing it to space out the other upcoming milestones like Tec1000 which will surely be complete shit judging by what they're doing to AC1000.

damn son check out that forehead

>he's constantly imitating Byrne
Will the book be pro-pedophilia?

Action #1000 looks ok to me. I'm interested to see the long lost Curt Swan story.

Pointless trivia # 2: The guy who drew Adventures of Superman, Jerry Ordway, said he took the job because he thought Alan Moore was going to be writing it and was disappointed that it turned out to be Marv Wolfman (who didn't last long but did come up with the "Luthor as Donald Trump" concept).

Jon is so fucking dead.

fuck off shill

And replaced by a black kid. Who is the greatest hero ever created in the history of mankind.

Not until you guess who I'm shilling for (hint: it no longer is in business)

There is guruanteed to be a fucking riot SOMEWHERE if this happens. I would not be at all surprised if Bendis suffers a horribly tragic "accident" before too long, if he decides to go with his usual shtick.

this is going to be complete fucking garbage

or gay

Peter Parker and Tony Stark are one of the most popular Marvel character yet Bendis tried everything in his power to replace them with his donut steels. Jon has absolutely no protection against the editorial who are Bendis's close friends.

>Superman is starting numbering over with #1 and will be the widescreen action-adventure book

You just fucking know he insisted on relaunching it and DC wanted to keep it ongoing.

Outside of Sup Forums they like Bendis. Nothing will happen. Infact expect increase in sales due to bendis shilling.

>Marv Wolfman (who didn't last long but did come up with the "Luthor as Donald Trump" concept).

Either Wolfman or Byrne came up with it depending on which guy you're talking to.

Supposedly Wolfman had been writing pre-crisis Superman comics with Vandal Savage playing a very similar role, but I've never read them myself.

I mean, I'd be fine with a gay Jon if it were someone capable of pulling it off well, or at the very least, any other writer BUT Bendis, really.

>Outside of Sup Forums they like Bendis. Nothing will happen. Infact expect increase in sales due to bendis shilling.
I know, and I hate it. Normies are so fucking braindead they'll eat up literally any shit that is forced onto them. It fucking sucks man.

>Action will continue the numbering with #1001 and be a more slice of life style book with Clark's personal life, focusing on Metropolis and the Daily Planet
shouldn't that be the other way around?

>biggest status quo changes to Superman literally since Crisis"
Lois is Pregnant which wasn't really explored or Clark becomes boss at the Planet.

I'm with you there man. The sheer incestuous nature of the big 2 has gone so far that I just can't justify buying their products any longer.
I was excited for action 1000 as well, then they had to just drop a steaming hot Bendis on it.

>Brief rundown
>Brief

Well, the writer isn't known for being a genius exactly.

And what makes this whole shitshow even worse is that they likely won't learn from this. Even if everyone on Sup Forums and related boards were to just drop anything having to do with Bendis or work tainted by him, DC is unlikely to so much as notice because they'd be too busy listening to the vacuous cries of braindead Normies who don't even READ comics, instead of their actual fans who've stuck by them through thick and thin. They'll just keep letting Bendis have more and more "creative freedoms" because he's "selling/popular", until he's run DC into the ground just as he did Marvel.

If I recall correctly Civil War II was so bad that even normies and Marvel drones turned on Bendis, I can’t imagine he’d still carry too much weight this soon after such a disaster. Seriously, I cruise through normie sites like imgur, reddit, etc once in a blue moon and I was surprised to see most normies that even know about him throwing shade his way over CW2.

>Modern Superman
>High seller

I jope it's not something like this. With all that stuff Bendis was talking about feeling a genuine personal attachment to Superman through his being Jewish, his brother's wedding and his birthplace, I'll be pissed if the first thing he does is try and turn things on their heads.

>This generation's Byrne
You mean render Superman useless forever, then yes, I have more than enough trust upon Bendis to be just that.

Care to elaborate, Stereotypically Irate Comics Fan?

>Rioting over comics
Only readers know Jon, this isn't a HydraCap thing

Someone rev up a Bingo chart

You realize Bendis has much worse writing habits than turning characters black and/or gay, right?

Why is that your go to instead of Bendis Speak. Or him reinventing supervillains into edgy tryhards that pretend that they have the biggest dicks in the universe?

I'm afraid of what he's going to do to Lex, or even Clark and Lois' marriage.

Got into superman comics only in the past few years, so I can speak on being a fan in those times, but I honestly only found myself enjoying old comics when Byrne's run started. I liked he made clark the main guy and superman a disguise

Cant wait to read about Clark and other people sitting in an apartment all chit chatting and eating chinese take out like every fucking bendis book ever.
On Sup Forums of course, im not buying this trash.

Almost*

*he's black.

I admit that Otto Binder and the silver age were hugely influential to the Superman mythos, but I just never liked the idea that Superman is some weirdo alien that hangs out in an ice castle and exclaims "Great Rao!".

Superman is the ultimate everyman. He's not supposed to be an outsider looking in, he's supposed to be a stand-in for US.

>or even Clark and Lois' marriage
Fairly certain that if he so much as alludes to trying to "touch upon" their marriage, people are going to die.

So what about Steel?

>Jon shouting "MOM DAD STOP FIGHTING"
>custody battle happens
>Lois takes Jon, Clark adopts a black kid who gets powers

Last I heard he was fucking Lana. I don't read Superwoman so I don't what's going on with him.

Is Lois going to hookup with John Stewart and Clark will adopt a nigglet kid and he willl be the new Superboy

His niece is active as a superhero too. Also he is that special nth metal in the Snyder event.

Then why not create your own character instead of turning of turning well established character into your OC?

Reminder than Tomasi, Gleason and Jurgens are all being kicked off their books for Bendis.

And the entire New Age of Heroes imprint artists left after 3 issues for his mini series.

It's almost like these characters gradually change and evolve over time, with the best ideas leaving a lasting impression on the generations of creators that come after.

I'm really trying to stay optimistic, but everything I've seen of Bendis just bums me out.

>Not reading anything and assuming i wasn't talking about the comic Superman being a higher seller than the comic Action Comics
Were you dropped on your head as a kid? Or were you just born retarded? You literally just needed to read what i was replying to user, or are you illiterate?

Will be killed off and have black people who have never met him cry at his funeral to make way for Bendis' new OC.