So this is cancelled and it's not coming back, right? I assume this is what happened to this show

So this is cancelled and it's not coming back, right? I assume this is what happened to this show.

Kind of a shame, I actually thought it was pretty darn good. The title character was kind of an unlikable jerkass and not very interesting either, though most of the other characters were pretty unique and fun to watch. I honestly wish they'd done more focus on them rather than that ugly-ass main protagonist.

Hi Boxxy! I thought you were very good in this.

Marsha was a cutie. Too bad she'll never see her family again

Why was this show filled with so many animation errors?

What were the best episodes?

I don't see anything.

It was a hoot.

The entire show was an error

The Marsha slapstick one, and Judy's episode. I also enjoyed "Rats Entertainment"

I also liked the finale, though it did seem to come out of nowhere

>most of the other characters were pretty unique and fun to watch
Eh, you’re being a little too nice there, OP.

While we can all agree Aaron Springer completely fucked up by not only making a character like Billy Dilley the protagonist but also overusing him throughout the season, the only characters I genuinely found entertaining were Zeke & Marsha, Judy, and Zartran (I guess). All the other Subterranea-Tanians were pretty weak and uninteresting characters, in my opinion.

The main things the show had goin' for it were the music and the beautiful backgrounds.

In a lot of the episodes they seemed to forget that they were stuck underground. I think Marsha's the only one who even mentions any of their parents

Look at Judy.

>So this is cancelled and it's not coming back, right?
Correct. It's pretty fucked up what Disney did.

How many people do you think actually came up to the poster-signing? How many of those people only came for Tom Kenny?

Other than the ones you mentioned, the only other character I can really remember is Count Wretcher. He wasn't bad, exactly, but he was a pretty paint by numbers cartoon villain and that overbearing mother joke seemed kinda unnecessary

>it's a Billy-only episode

You know what this show lacked aside from well-timed slapstick comedy and an entertaining/likable main character?

A good waifu.

Judy suffers from some heavy miscoloring in the picture.

Here’s a similar picture with her actual design.

RATS MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER!
RATS MAKE EVERYTHING GOOD!

Don't you be implicitly talking shit about Marsha. She didn't deserve this

im in this thread becase of boxxy

Man, I hate the art style on this thing.

If they had a lot of more time to give out more spotlight and development of the side characters, then they could’ve stood out more.

Saldy This show had a shitty scheduling but i liked it

It wasn’t THAT bad, just a little underwhelming.

It was alright, I got some good enjoyment out of it.

If they actually greenlit a Season 2, then I could see it becoming really good. Too bad it might’ve gotten the axe.

>becoming really good.
How so?

If they actually made an overarching storyline where the trio try to find a way back to the surface rather than making your usual Billy-only episode where he throws a tantrum and makes fun of people. They could’ve also made some good use of the Subterranean-Tania characters by giving them some time to shine more. (Particularly Judy, she would’ve made a decent replacement for the rat.)

Fuck, man. What happened to Aaron Springer?

The guy wrote/boarded some of the best SpongeBob episodes and his three failed pilots were all entertaining in their own ways, yet the mere existence of this cartoon is enough proof that he's lost his touch. The thing is I actually remember liking his most recent work prior to making Billy Dilley; those were his WOY episode as well as his Mickey Mouse shorts:
>Yodelberg
>New York Weenie
>Panda-monium
>Ghoul Friend
>Potatoland
>Cable Car Chaos
>Goofy’s Grandma
>Mickey Monkey

So, what caused him to end up making such poorly developed show with mostly lackluster jokes? And why did Disney produce his idea with little creative meddling to the point where they completely regretted doing so and just killed it off silently?

Boxxy was in this?

Easy. Like a lot of people (for instance Mr. Savino), he was more skilled when working on other people's shows than trying to make his own. It takes an extra leap of talent to do that and not everyone can do it.

Think how pathetic Al Jean's stint away from the Simpsons in the mid-90s was.

How the fuck did Aaron Springer go from making Korgoth to this hellish fucking abomination of mankind?

Why was the main character such a dick?

don't be talking shit about The Critic now

Considering how horrible this show was, I’m actually kinda glad Disney killed it.

What was so horrible about it?

It stinks

You guys are forgetting the post-movie SpongeBob episodes he wrote, which were atrocious.

All the characters were unlikeable pricks (except for Zeke and Marsha), the animation is sloppy as shit, the writing is atrocious, most of the jokes make me want to kill myself, and the songs are annoying and the voice acting is awful. (Except for Tom Kenny and Boxxy)

and give out a good explanation on how horrible it was. I think it was for the best that it would stay dead forever.

>it's a Billy and Drecker episode

>Lab Friends... Forever?
>Surviving Billy
>Hey Judy
>Calzones
>The Date
>The Mushroom Prince
>Zartran
>K is for Klutz
>Tommy X
>Jared
>Rat’s Entertainment!

Still better than Star.

That's not saying much. The only worthwhile cartoon on Disney XD was Pickle & Peanut.

>Billy
>An entertaining and likeable character

What kind of sick hell do you live in?

He said that he wasn't one, numbnuts. Learn to read

AHHHH, GOD! IT BURNS!!!

>waifuing a child
Marsha was without a doubt the cutest fuckin' thing, but she is not for lewds.

>secondary main character is adorable
>actual main character poorly designed weirdo

Why?

>So this is cancelled and it's not coming back, right?

Cancelled? You mean it was actually a thing?

For 13 days

A lot of people seem to really like or hate this show for specific reasons.

Personally, I like this show. It’s not perfect, though it certainly wasn’t the worst thing ever. I was pretty disappointed it ended on a cliffhanger.

Can’t we just discuss more on how good it was instead?

>All the characters were unlivable pricks (except for Zeke and Marsha)
E

>All the characters were unlikeable pricks (except for Zeke and Marsha)

Even Judy?

Giving how much of an unlikeable prick Billy was, I doubt it.

Had Disney not fucked this show over and actually given it a chance to find its audience, would it have fared better than Uncle Grandpa?

I'm talking in terms of general popularity; not number of episodes. Disney would've still cancelled it after two seasons like they always do.

I haven't seen the show since it came out, why was he an unlikable prick?

I’m still upset they didn’t do anything with this little cutie.

The show should’ve been more about her.

I think it should've been more about Zeke and Marsha

I don't know, maybe the focus could be on them living in the weird sub terranian world with their equally weird classmate, who would be more of a secondary main character instead of the main main one

I could see her being a somewhat decent replacement for Anaximander the rat if Season 2 actually happened.

>friends put on a musical for him to cheer him up
>steals their only way out of the underground and leaves them behind, even though he would've gone with them anyway

Anaximander was a rat bastard

Zartran was basically a kid-friendly Korgoth.

I miss the show

A lot of post movie people were on the show as well

>the best boarder on the show moved onto star

I’m well aware of those episodes, but that doesn’t change the fact that the work he did after finally leaving SpongeBob (Mickey Mouse Shorts, Wander Over Yonder) was hilarious.

>Have You Seen This Snail?
>The Two Faces of Squidward
>Atrocious

Post best screencaps.

Was this like a cartoon version of Saul of the Mole Men?

>The only worthwhile cartoon on Disney XD was Pickle & Peanut.
Please be joking.

I wonder why I find boxxy cuter these days than I did years ago

>there are anons on this board right now who dislike a cartoon because some autistic reviewer dismissed the first episode as randumb and annoying
>he doesn't understand pickle & peanut's deconstruction of the two buddies trope that gained prominence after regular show's success
>he wouldn't know real slapstick if it slapped him in the face
>he prefers boring waifus instead of the vast majority of unique and engaging characters p&p has to offer
>he doesn't appreciate the creative use of multiple mediums, from live-action, to computer-generated-imagery, puppetry, ect.

I wouldn't expect a brainlet like you to see beneath the rich layers of irony this audiovisual masterpiece has to offer.

aaron's post movie stuff ran the full gamut of quality

I can’t tell if this is a shitpost or if people are going full R&M with Pickle and Peanut.

I swear, I have never seen or heard ANYTHING about this show on Sup Forums or anywhere else since its initial announcement. No wonder it tanked.

occasionally there's a thread but it's usually just like this one

Everybody talks about Aaron but what about the show's 2nd in command, supervising producer Clay Morrow?

DXD only started advertising it a week before it premiered and then dumped most of the series in one day.

I mean you can at least TRY to get the show an audience.

There was a thread a couple weels agp