What does Sup Forums think of Celebrity Deathmatch, I've been watching it lately

What does Sup Forums think of Celebrity Deathmatch, I've been watching it lately

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x2ygxev
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I forgot how brutal this show could be. It and Friday the 13th are the only violent things I watched that made me cringe growing up

I worry if I rewatch it the humor will have aged poorly.
But I love me some silly ultraviolence so maybe it's still good.

I liked it

I remember watching this in fear my mom would catch me and take the TV away from me.

It was pretty dope, none of the people I wanted to win ever won.

Why did they have Bill Gates fight a random celebrity that had nothing to do with computers (Michael Flatley) instead of someone more fitting, like Steve Jobs?

Honestly, most of the times I watched it it was because it featured a celebrity I was actually a fan of and I wanted to see how they would parody them, and it was usually piss poor....usually like they just looked at a picture of somebody and then made up what their personality and mannerisms would be, celebs rarely were "in character" on that show from what I saw which annoyed me

I have to imagine a lot of the humor and jokes have dated the show badly but I do miss the days when you could mock and lampoon celebrities; instead of this non-stop ass kissing we keep seeing in the media.

I think when the show was made Jobs was thrown out and apple was moments away from going down the drain.

dailymotion.com/video/x2ygxev

this was probably my favorite fight

According to the show: a random glitch in the Deathmatch computer.

>I've been watching it lately
where? I've been seafching it for years. any links?

Fuck off Pan

The internet.

Didn't the disclaimer say that characters are depicted poorly, tho?

Remember the episode where Calista Flockhart got shoved up Lucy Lawless's butt

1. This show was legitimately funny and never came across (to me) as edgy or tryhard.
2. GREAT writing.
3. The concept never got tired or formulaic.
4. Adding to the point above they were always finding ways to surprise the audience and subvert their own show.
5. Even the ringside commentary was great!

In some ways CDM was ahead of its time.

Although I do remember in the last season or two it did start to become derivative. But that doesn't contradict the above because I believe their production changed and there was a lot of staff shuffling by the end.

But when it was great, it was a hell of a ride.

Pearls before swine.

Why did they cancel it? It's a concept that could've gone on forever, like SNL or The Daily Show.

They moved it off network and ratings dropped.

Good if you're looking for claymation gore

no one could beat marylin manson
because he is the most evil person ever.

Holy fuuuuck flashbacks.
I remember this is the first time I heard that song, so fucking badass. Fight was fun too.

The outro music is my fucking jam

Is it weird to say that I imagine a reboot ether done by "Stoopid Monkey" (the guys who made Robot Chicken & Super Mansion) and shown on Adult Swim as opposed to MTV or a live action wrestling show in Vegas featuring damn good impersonators of Celebrities from the Prime of their Career?

It's well written. Go back and watch.

Marilyn Manson even had his own video in the same style.

It should make a comeback.

>dat 'critique'

Why people have become SO. FUCKING. STUPID!?

Did you ever get caught?

The three that stand out in my mind are Weird Al vs Al Gore, Beastie Boys vs Backstreet Boys, and Bigfoot vs Nessie.

>giant piece of wood starts poking out of Gore's ass
>commentators go pun crazy
>"Has Al Gore just passed a bill, Johnny?"
>"No, Nick, it's some kind of log."
>"That's no log, it's the executive branch!"
>"He finally lost the stick up his ass!"

IIRC the show got cancelled because the shows the shows creators signed a deal with UPN to do a new show and MTV canceled CD in retaliation, with the butthurt being so great they refused to bring the creators vback for the abortion that was the MTV2revival of the show