Why does everyone hate this show? I love it

Why does everyone hate this show? I love it.

Not everyone does hate it. The only thing that I ever felt bad about in regards to it was the Joker's design, which they went back to and fixed anyway. But in the end, it's a decent Batman cartoon and has some of the best art-designs. I even like Mullet-wing. He's basically the standard for me when it comes to that persona.

Who hates it? I consider it a direct continuation of Batman: The Animated Series, and it had some really solid episodes. I even warmed up Joker's redesign eventually, so much so that it was weird going back to old Joker episodes where he had yellow eyeballs.

>I consider it a direct continuation of Batman: The Animated Series

But... isn't that exactly what it is?

It had really big shoes to fill, that's all.

>everyone loves BTAS
>it's watched and received better than STAS
>WE BETTER CHANGE BATMAN TO BE LIKE SUPERMAN
>btAS ends up canceled

>I consider it a direct continuation of Batman: The Animated Series
That’s literally what it is though.

It was alright. Riddler should've gotten his own episode though. They gave Harley almost half the season.

>Ugly redesigns (literally a money-saving tactic)
>Weaker writing (little to none of the subtleties from B:TAS)
>Fucking "Critters"

some redesigns were alright.

No. Not really.

Scarecrow's design itself isn't supposed to instill fear. It's mainly to lull you into false confidence until the fear toxins kick in and put you at his mercy.

This was the only redesign that worked.
All the others were either unnecessary or just stripped the characters of their personalities

Scarecrow didn't have his personality either. He was just a mute zombie with none of the arrogance or ego of his original B:TAS design.

People only like him for his role in "Over The Edge", and that was barely anything resembling a role at all.

Batgirl was fine as hell in this series.

underrated design.
and underrated voice.

Scarecrow does look cool, but at the same time he doesn't really look like a scarecrow. It kind of is bad in that regard.

This redesign was an improvement though. So was Killer Croc's redesign.

I do think they finally got the personalities of Catwoman and the Penguin right in TNBA (though Catwoman's redesign sucked) Their original roles in BTAS were all over the place. They didn't know what to do with Catwoman

Penguin was an improvement. he was less Burton Danny Devito mutant and went back to his classic look which jived better with his role as batman's information broker

For all of I think two lines in the entire season.

Oh yeah, that one design that barely shows up. Really worth it.

I still don't know why both Ivy and Selina had their skin bleached with the redesign. They never explained that in the show itself, was weird to be is that Selina is only pale white when in costume

The tie-in comics explained Ivy as being a plant clone that the real one left behind to keep up appearances while she herself retired to Florida.

Yes, she is pretty cute. No wonder Timm crushes on her.

I don't count the Batman Adventures comics as canon anyway, if it isn't explained in the show itself then it ain't valid

I don't hate it, I liked the show but it was like extra content for me. Funny stuff I enjoyed but not the real thing the animated series was.

Joker definitely got the worst redesign, becoming a grinning skull instead of a clown. At least he got a respectable compromise in JL and the Batman Beyond movie, though still not as good as his original and best design from TAS.

Really just people who can't get over redesigns, even though the aesthetic was great.

He was supposed to be a mime.

Batgirl is pretty, but Timm is just a weird guy. Just skip Batman & Harley Quinn.

Critters was horrible.