More like April O'Nee-chan

Rude

April O'Nigger.

Would you hug?

okay but why is she a green lantern?

No.

Would you fug?

These two are actually cute, so maybe

I think my problem with racebending a character like April is that unlike superheroes or the turtles in this case normal civilian characters don´t have an iconic costume so their clothing, hair and skin color become that iconic look. Changing April feels like watching a superman reboot where he sudenly wears a lime green suit with magenta trunks. I just feels wrong.

I think they're all magic in this iteration

why is there two threads for this shittastic design?
Again, the professionals are shown up by the fans. This thankfully doesnt have the "Im So Quirky" vibe of OP

Also doesn't look like she has the head of a college tutor.

April in the comics was black

April in the comics wasnt Irma

She had a perm in her earlier appearances that made her race oddly ambiguous. Perms were popular in the 80's. Also notice how pale her skin is in the panels. April didn't get her trademark red hair shortly afterward.

there are panels in the originals where she looks like she could be cafe'o'lait, but thats not the issue. She has never been LOLSOQUIRKY

I'd rather we have that.

April was white.

As time went on Eastman started drawing her more black because he was banging a black chick at the time but she white from the beginning.

Another ginger turned black. Why is this a pattern?

Actually yeah, she looks way better like this.

This is embarrassing.

What's up with that bat? Is it radioactive or something? Glowing green with green fire why?

>freckles
NO.

>WE WUZ IRISHMEN AND SHEEEIT

>fan concepts better than official designs
Why is this allowed?

April was a character of indistinguishable origin in the early comics with basically no personality of her own anyway, she could have been white, asian, black.. who cares. I bet half of the children upset about this don't even read comics

I'm not even surprised that Sup Forums is angry, white people (especially kids) are notoriously racist and stupid

Looks right out of the Kid's Club

I suspect you of being the one complaining that April is black and then blaming it on Sup Forums

i don't give a fuck that she's black, i'm mad she's an ugly nerd kid, i'm tired of every character being a faggot kid instead of a self-reliant adult.

you could have April look like a Nubian queen and as long as she filled out that classic jumpsuit i'd be on board.

So you have no problem with black characters who are not only token minorities, but are just blackwashed white characters? You're perfectly fine with people being so racist that they need a black person in everything (and they can't have straight hair because that's not black enough), but so utterly lazy that they can't be bothered to make their own characters and just rip off other people's creations? You're not offended by the fact that some slimy nice guy made April black so he could turn to all his white friends and go "I'm such a good person for not hating black people! My privilege is so checked right now!"?

No, of course not. You sound like that guy.

there's absolutely no ulterior motive or secret agenda behind what i just said

I just don't care and all of you always rush in to make asses of yourselves without fail every single time, it's like clockwork

It’s a shame that real black people don’t look like that.

They know that black people actually can have red hair, don't they?

Hell, they could've made her Asian, they can even be natural redheads. But no one cares about Asians, do they?

Nah user, I've seen some qt's in my day.

>But no one cares about Asians, do they?

25% of the cast is Asian.

Jesus Christ.
All it takes it to put some fucking effort into her design.
That's all I'm asking.

I know a girl that looks like that but she wasn't african american.

How did those ugly fucking pointed glasses go from a design trope for boring secretaries to a design trope for sassy girls. I don't think I've seen a woman under 30 ever wear those.

What's the bat for?

Why blackwash an old, ongoing character all of a sudden? Why not just introduce a new reporter instead?

That's the same shit bbc pulled with achilles in pic related. What next, chinese vikings, ginger hitler and a blonde cleopatra? Master splinter is a mutated chihuahua and shredder a blond, beer-flailing german villain with burning lederhosen-ninjas?
I don't mind fresh wind as long as it makes sense, but this is just some kind of really awkwardly forced multiculturalism.

... she's cute though. Seriously why not just a new character?

she seems familiar...

Achilles wasn't real
Original April was Black
Cleopatra was a ugly Greek bitch. Seriously making her Hot is inaccurate as fuck
WHO GIVES A SHIT?

More like April O'Nigger
There

>Original April was Black
See:

I though Larid wanted her to be asian?