Another starbomb ends...

another starbomb ends, now Marco this season has received a lot of hatred from the team of the series but hey it's an accusation without proof
> lost his first girlfriend, which he tried to conquer from kindergarten
> empty knight promise
> lost his motorcycle dragon
> no more powers
> no more turdina princess
> sacrifices friendship with hekapoo in exchange for star
> the new love has a boyfriend
> Star no longer respects him, nobody really respects him
> for the least disagreement the character is at fault
> constantly the opinion and actions are not taken into account in spite of having demonstrated their usefulness before

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s3oegOJBWys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The starbomb ended a month ago retard

What the hell were the writers thinking? Everything they’ve done in Season 2 was amazing, so why ruin all the character and story progress made there for bullshit love drama?

Although probably the most stupid are so naive fans who have followed the ideas of the writers, but the truth is that Marco does not deserve this treatment has been the most loyal to the princess since the beginning his anchor to land in too many situations just to that this season everything goes to hell in favor of the shipping

concluded it is true never mention date

really, just look at the articles by tumblr:
>I have to say, I’m surprised they called Marco out on being a lowkey control freak. I mean, it’s something I did touch on in my discourse re: Tom, but I guess I’m not used to stuff like that actually being addressed in-series. Usually fandom discourse is “I interpret this character completely different from canon because of a tiny detail and this will be the hill I die upon”. Because, like, yeah, Marco does have a bit of a recurring issue with not respecting people’s autonomy and putting his wishes before everyone else. But because he’s a protagonist, we’re trained by media to not think it’s a big deal…assuming we do notice it at all. But instead, Marco is acting this way and he’s both visibly alienating those around him and being faced with ramifications for it more and more frequently.
>He doesn’t trust Star to go on a date with her ex and subsequently crashes the dance to steal her away. Star begins to get mad, but lets it go.
>He doesn’t think Star can handle going to the store to buy an As Seen On TV ice cream maker. She slaps his ice cream out of his hand when he admits it.
>He becomes so indignant over not being made the star of his children’s karate class that he stalks and blackmails a small child. Star calls him a creep and Sensei gives him a talking-to about honor.

>After the Battle for Mewni, he makes every social interaction about stroking his ego and he refuses to readjust to a normal plebian life. His friends get sick of it and stop hanging out with him.
>He refuses to humble himself (see above) for Jackie, pretends to do it, and lies to her about it. She breaks up with him.
>He moves to Mewni uninvited, expecting to be made a knight. Everyone has to scramble to accommodate him and the other squires immediately hate him for being handed the job as a privilege.
>He strings Hekapoo along pretending to not know the portals they’re chasing are Star’s doing. She becomes infuriated and nearly turns him in to the High Commission.
>He throws Star a surprise birthday party, disregarding that she’s far more concerned with the holiday it falls on and never celebrates on the actual day, and accuses Tom of being a bad boyfriend for not enthusiastically going along with his plan. Star is put through horrible distress, he and Tom get into a physical fight, and everyone nearly gets killed by a stump monster because Stump Day wasn’t being respected.
In any other show, any implication that Marco might have a bit of a condescending streak would either go unaddressed and left to fester in the dregs of message board arguments (or I guess Reddit and Sup Forums would be the closest modern equivalent), or it would be brought up exactly once where Marco learns a Very Valuable Lesson and that’s the end of it forever. But here, it’s an ongoing thing and it’s steadily becoming more and more obvious where you don’t even need to be analyzing episodes and looking at the antagonist’s point of view to get the impression. The pot is beginning to boil over.

>What the fuck happened with this wholesome relationship between Star & Marco.
>There was literally one hug in this bomb.
>Marco is literally Star little dog, the favors that he does for her doesn't feel like he does because he support her, but instead feel like his obligation.
>We didn't even seen their friendship Thursday.
>Why Marco didn't use the scissors to visit Star at least once in a week? what happened of him being so sad in BfM because she was gone?
>Marco is so fucking retarded that he just accept his current position instead of trying to improve.

the magic of Starco is gone for me.

More from Tumblr:
>Marco now absolutely wants to be a squire
>She makes Marco her squire despite princesses not having any because otherwise he would have to put in some actual effort to become a knight
>She now uses this to her advantage because she's a dumb teenager and that's the only way she can get Marco to hang out with her anymore
>Somehow she's the bitch

Much more from Tumblr:
>A while later Star finally managed to get over her toxic feelings for Marco
>Got back with her ex because he seems to have genuinely changed, plus the political implications
>Marco comes back like "eeey nothing's changed lemme just move in, I just literally dumped everyone on earth so I could come here so you can't even take a minute to think about it. Also your 100% reliable dad said I could"
>The fanbase expects her to act exactly like she did in S2 after this

>what about the amount of support that Marco gave her? even when he was with Jackie? what about that moment of Just Friends when Marco asked if she was alright when she saw them kissing and immediately he went to apologize her? what about everything that they did together before season 3?
>What happened to the line ''i rather seen Marco once in a month rather than never''
>i didn't wanted Star to be his girlfriend in that instant, i just wanted to see Star supporting Marco.

I don't find Star the bitch, she was scared of Marco for various reasons, i find the writers the bitch for destroying this beautiful relationship.

That is mostly wrong
>Star barely handled getting the "As Seen On TV ice cream maker". She knew little to nothing about how things worked on earth, and if the episode wasn't played for laughs, it would have ended quite badly.
>Jeremy was a turd who got placed over him because his parents endorse the dojo, Marco actullay had the skill, and should have put in charge of the ceremony if things were fair. But again, the whole thing was a pointless show, so it didn't matter in the end.
Right about the bloodmoon tough

This is mostly right. Except for the part where most of the party and even the King doubted that The Stump was actually a thing. And the thing with Hekapoo was actually saved by Marco.

no wonder, that the fandom is losing so much popularity in a matter of months even though the series has millions of views on YouTube there has not been much fanart or fanfiction with the new shipping or the new revelations.
youtube.com/watch?v=s3oegOJBWys

I found the leadup to be pretty damned weak. The last time Star had seen Tom, she was infuriated by him even being in her presence. And given the crap he put her through, this was entirely justified. So what changed? Basically nothing other than "he's a good dancer so I'll forget about how he's a selfish dishonest manipulator who tried to crush my dreams and brainwash me into loving him!" Literally it would've made more sense to pair Star with the pigeon than with Tom, that's how bullshit it was.

JARCO IS DEAD
MARKAPOO IS BURIED UNDERGROUND
STARCO OR MORE K.O IN THE CORNER
AT LEAST THE KELLCO IS CUTE

It's the consequence of almost every cartoon these days; the reason Star vs. was doing so well was because the writers were controlling the lore, while the audience was providing the shipping fuel. As long as the lore stayed on track, as long as the characters developed properly, it didn't matter what was the "canon" relationship, because the whole project was running smoothly. Tomstar didn't need to be a thing, because Tom was slowly improving from date-rapist to bro-tier. Starco didn't need to happen so suddenly because Marco and Jackie had a legitimate reason to be together.

Even worse, the first part of 3A didn't address why Star had to come back to Mewni, or at least not actively. We know she was sent to Earth because she was incredibly irresponsible and her parents wanted her to "figure it out" where they don't care what damage she caused and Glossaryck could do his thing. We know that after BfM Star wanted to become a better princess. Star accepting responsibility is an incredible milestone for her, but the show doesn't make a point of addressing it until Star's talk with Eclipsa about Marco, and even worse, it's completely glossed over! There's no impact when it's shown that Star is regressing because her slide backwards is completely ignored. It's as if the writers were trying to use Eclipsa as a benchmark of "what would happen if Star never matured?", but without establishing Eclipsa's character and, more importantly, without being more obvious about how Star is currently failing, the majority of the audience doesn't see it.

It's frustrating. I can see where the writers want to be, and I can see where the writers are going, but they're stumbling so much it makes me worried they're never going to get there. I want this show's comedy of errors to be based on Star trying to do the right thing and having the consequences slap her in the face, not the writers continually fucking up exposition and detail.

you are right, the feedback last season the feedback kept the series interesting with episodes like ludo in the wild or running with scissors, only so now it does not matter less those chapters in favor of the shipping but half of these are only to delay the STARCO but currently the fandom loses strength thanks to series like miraculous ladybug

One thing ruined it for me: Toffee's death.

Toffee was not only the best cartoon villain I've seen but one of the best villains full stop. They could've done so much more with him. Was such a waste of a character. He barely did shit if you think about and just when it was getting good, they fucking killed him off.

Now, I was prepared to let this slide if eclipsa was going to be an equally good villain. In fact, I had high hopes for her character. But they did it again. THEY DID IT AGAIN! Nothing is interesting about her character this season.

It seems all this show cares about anymore is shipping. Which is fine normally, but to the extent it's done here is fucking appalling. And in S3 especially, when an episode wasn't focused on shipping, it was just boring and did nothing to the plot (apart from Monster Bash).

The hiatus between S2 & 3 almost killed the show for me, but this hiatus has killed the show for me. I honestly can't be dissapointed over and over and over again. I've given up. I still check the subreddit for anything interesting, but apart from that, to me, this show is fucking dead.

I've seen much better writing in so many other shows, hell even games. Unless something interesting happens, I'm cutting myself off from this fucking mess.

So true. This show is going downhill as we know it.

Are you using a translator?

>doesn't show how Toffee became a general
>doesn't show how Toffee grew a hatred for Mewni
>Toffee's relationship with Moon is entirely superficial
>Toffee, one of two serious characters in a non-serious show, goes from mysterious evil to one-dimensional dick
A tragedy if there ever was one.

YES, this is not my native language but Do you know any page that can be used to write

>Toffee, one of two serious characters in a non-serious show, goes from mysterious evil to one-dimensional dick

I feel like that was happening in S2 as well, when they had to give him some gloating one-liner every time he appeared ("Ludo's not here right now, but if you'd like, you can leave a message"), when he barely had dialogue that season to begin with. S1 felt like it had more room for relative subtlety with him because he actually appeared more: like he could be a dick and get similar lines then, but they'd also show more of his plans and reactions and interactions with other characters and so on onscreen.

But then I was pretty cool with how they handled him. My main problem is that literally no one has done shit to take his place now that his arc's done. Even Ludo as the joke S1 villain was more interesting than now.

No, I don't. To be honest I just used Google translate on 2ch to answer questions for the Japanese fanbase while also posting in English below it, in case anyone online was able to read and understand English. Don't worry if English isn't your native language, we understand what you're trying to express.

I will agree Toffee has always been a dick -- including calling Buff Frog a "fat sack of garbage" under his breath -- but that dickishness was compensated by him being legitimately threatening. He DID destroy the wand, he DID corrupt the new wand, he DID taint magic on a universal level, he DID get his finger back, and as far as the characters could tell at the time he DID completely end the Butterfly dynasty by killing Star. While it may have taken him almost a year to accomplish his goals in show-time, using a plan that required at least fifteen years to set up and a whole bunch of "wingin' it", the last time a villain was that competent in a kid's show was Slade from TT. Even the Lich from AT, despite being "all-powerful", didn't hit the mark when it came to having a persistent threat.

Then he dies in five seconds.

I agree with you on the power vacuum. I just believe the lack of a villain is made so much more intense because Toffee had so much build up only to be squandered because the writers believed they had written themselves into a corner.

Humanized Marco looks good.

I guess to clarify my views further: if the rest of S3 after Battle for Mewni was at more or less S2 quality, and Eclipsa/Heinous/Mina/whoever was handled about as well as Toffee or S2/3 Ludo, then I'd be fine with them ending the Toffee arc (it would have been a pretty even split of episodes between them). It's only now that things have gotten so fucking dull and ship-centric that I feel they might as well have kept him alive, because nothing else is carrying the show nowadays.

To me the way they killed him made sense with the rest of the plot, and I actually thought that episode was done well. But I think my views are influenced by the way it seems BfM was originally meant as the S2 finale rather than the writers giving up, and maybe would have worked better if those episodes had aired immediately after Starcrushed, rather than after months of pure speculation from the fanbase. I do think they could have/should have made more use of him and in his own body, but again, feels like another S2 problem as well.

My complaints with the show now start from
Scent of a Hoodie on. If they'd somehow managed to address the Eclipsa stuff earlier and just had BfM as the series finale, at this point I don't think we'd be really missing much.

Objectively, the show had a lot of nice things going for it that slowly turned it into popular.

But personally, my opinion is the very same. Toffee was my favorite part of the show, and his defeat was indignious and early. Good build up of a character, and lame payoff.
Eclipsa has a nice conspiring puppetmaster feel to her, but all that happened so far was behind the scenes thing, that might actually amount for nothing when the new episodes hit. For all intents and purposes, Season 3 had no villain or a decent antagonist so far.

These are just written by some Tom x Star fangirl. She is picking reasons out the ass to blame Marco for his radically changed personality instead of the inept writers.