Bcb - Bittersweet Candy Bowl

Mike alienating yet more of his friends

Hey man, having a thread with the comic name in the title is important, but you realize these threads get nuked if there's more than 1 a day, right?

that's why I said to delete the previous one

Yeah previous OP should delete the failure thread before moderator senpai dispenses justice.

I agree, but good luck having that actually happen

If jani-chan deletes one of the threads it'll probably be this once since it has less activity.

Hoping Mike enters into rage mode.

I'll delete this on my own if it doesn't take off in 5 minutes

He's alaready approaching December-levels of fury

Mike's getting pretty close to "Not Right" territory there.

They're his "friends", though. Nothing of value would be lost.

I'd choose my "friends" over my "girlfriend" desu

No please, having "bcb" is a must.

I'd "pursue interests that make me grow as a person and may result in new relationships" but that's just me

If they are so shitty, then he should change group of friends.
Maybe "leave the table", eh?

I gotta admit, we all joked about Mike blowing a gasket at Sue but I thought Taeshi was just going for a false flag again (like with Abbey always being talked down from his tantrums). This page is a pleasant surprise, there might be hope for getting her skull bashed in the lockers afterall.

i agree

Why has Mike become a reverse Abbey?

Taeshi posted an hourly comic today and my god she's fucking annoying. She literally complained all day

Seriously though what the fuck is his problem

Teen hormones and unreleased sexual tension?

now kiss her you faggot

Due to his own terrible situation and Lucy's, at least on the surface, dismissal of his accusations, he's starting to feel like he is Wrong.

What he doesn't understand is that he is Right, at least regarding Lucy. He's failing to grasp his own shortcomings

Someone is attacking his religion, and he's reacting like a fundamentalist.
Smash the faces of those who insult Sandy

Looks like a bad BPD day, her past hourlies aren't always so angry

>What does he know
>Was pretty much there for you every time you felt down about your imaginary girlfriend
Jesus Christ, Mike, get off your high horse for a fucking second

They're school friends. They have a bit in common but mostly seem to hang out because of being in the same school, same classes, and the 'we've all been together for so long!' mindset. I'm really getting the impression that the whoke group isn't really close though. They just think they are.

It'd really make sense for Mike to leave the table since he doesn't seem too attached to anyone now that Lucy's told him to fuck off.

I can only imagine what's gonna happen when Sandy leaves him. At this point I think he'd even flip out on her IF she DOES call him and that'll chase her away.

>Seriously though what the fuck is his problem
He gets fucking triggered when anyone so much as even implies that his long-distance relationship isn't perfect. He has Sandy on a pedestal and refuses to hear any logic saying otherwise.
Even his explosion at Lucy makes a lot more sense in context of that. I mean, yeah, he had a lot of reasons to lash out at her by that point already but he was holding back pretty fucking well until the "someone to make you happy again" comment, then all hell broke loose.

I keep saying this everytime I get the opportunity:

Mike should leave the table and befriend Augustus.

Mike and Sandy are a pretty nuanced example of a dysfunctional relationship. The entire relationship isn't depicted as toxic; they have moments of real affection and admiration for each other, which can be deceptive. Compare to Paulo and Daisy, who are relatively boring but much healthier as a potential relationship. Mike and Sandy are a pig with lipstick, superficially happy but fundamentally broken. Paulo and Daisy have a strong foundation that covers for their flaws.
It's one of the better depictions I've seen of an unhealthy relationship in comics because it's so insidious.

Terminal brain damage. He sees his long-distance relationship with Sandy completely devoid of any flaws whatsoever and immediately gets triggered when you even mention Sandy

I need a church of sandy image

>PauloxDaisy
>not badly forced shit

Can someone fuck her already so she stops trying to help people

Oh I agree the handling of it is, but it's still potentially healthy as a relationship. I think the contrast is interesting.

He was written out of the story

I agree

Sadly that'll never happen. At least until he patches things up with Lucy because he's going to want nothing to do with Augustus as long as Lucy's around him.

But Augustus would actually help him with his Sandy problem. Mike would start telling him off the moment he said something bad about Sandy and Augustus wouldn't give a fuck. They'd probably end up in a fight which would be good because Mike needs sense to be knocked into him.

>befriend Augustus

God, Mike doesn't make that work at all. Scarf Augustus is cool.

>Mike would start telling him off the moment he said something bad about Sandy and Augustus wouldn't give a fuck.

That's pretty much my #1 reason as to why I advocate this friendship and want to see it happen

Taeshi should really do LSD+MDMA instead of writing those self-denigrating BPD comics. On the comedown from LSD, the neuroplasticity will be insane. I was authoritarian left, became libertarian right after reading a book on ideals of monarchism during a comedown from 2CB. I also became way, way more empathetic after an insanely empathogenic trip on mushrooms viewing 'Living on My Own' of Freddie on an endless loop.

It's conventionally accepted that you're who you are till death, but psychodelics throw this logic out of window. There's no 'us'. Everything is malleable.

Before December and nuPaulo I'd say Polo x Lucy purely because of the mischievous fun with a hint of romance.
Funny how Jazzie ended up being goaded by Polo to drop curricular activities so they'd be just like that.

While Daisy is frankly too much of a buzzkill for that.

That's the shortest way to accurately explain the relationship I've seen.
Especially since Sandy doesn't have time to give a fuck about Mike.

Well that was out of left field.
I dunno if she takes medication but LSD and mdma both mix terribly with SSRIs.

Yeah I used to be a big PxL shipper. I think if they'd gotten together earlier it could have worked out. (Canonically even, given that what-if chapter).
These days though I genuinely think he'd be better off with Daisy. She pushes him to do his best, which he kind of needs, and they're clearly attracted to each other.

>they're clearly attracted to each other.
Go back to bed, Suit.

Nah, seriously, read between the lines in the old chapters. Paulo has always had an attraction to her that he's repressed due to his Madonna/whore complex.

>his Madonna/whore complex
I don't believe you.

It's spelled out practically, unless you're in denial or dense. I'll find actual examples when I'm home but c'mon.

Put up or shut up, suit.

>These days though I genuinely think he'd be better off with Daisy. She pushes him to do his best, which he kind of needs
It's still dull and boring, there's just no spark.
It feels like one of those relationships where they'd start cheating on each other shortly after the kids are born because it's so drool.
Daisy os better off with someone like pre-chibi Abbey that actually shows progress from being helped through tough shit but still needs help and appreciates it.
Not necessarily Abbey though.

>, and they're clearly attracted to each other.
Citation needed no retcons or shoehorned hammy shit

someone post the tumblr essay because it was mostly right

It is a beautiful day to fuck shit up!
This is what I've been waiting for! Finally the show can begin!

>Mike tells Lucy all of her friends care about him more and no one could love her cause she's a parasite
>She detaches herself from the group ao she can get out of his way and finds comfort from Augustus
>Mike decides all his friends are shit and goes to hang out with Augustus instead
I think I might hate this theoretical version of Mike even more then the one that had a one night stand with Lucy and dumped her the morning after when Sandy called.

Like I said I entirely plan to. Off the top of my head, the Acapulco chapter and that one where Daisy starts acting flirty and accidentally flashes everyone. Paulo thinks of her like a sister so it gets weird for him when he feels attracted to her.

>all vol. 1 shit
Plot or characterizations can't be left laying for hundreds upon hundreds of pages and then just picked back up like it's nothing. All kinds of shit happened to Paulo starting in vol. 2 and virtually none of it involved Daisy until recently, and the comic is shit recently.

You have a point that it wasn't touched on enough in between (which I guess makes sense because Paulo was busy obsessing over Lucy and dating Jasmine), but it was at least there from the start.

He's in denial because if his relationship with Sandy does fail that will mean he wasted his entire youth not banging Lucy when he still had a chance

Looks like the thread was scrubbed clean again! Descent is the devil's workshop!

He tried to but she wouldn't let him.

And he resents her for that because he is a fuckboi.

I also think that Abbey should take up pot, Lucy - mushrooms, Mike - alcohol, Paulo - amphetamines, and David is probably the type to trip away on salvia and DMT.

I wonder if catnip is a thing in-universe.

He resents her for that because it was her who bullied him into a kind of friendship and when he finally gives in and totally gets on board she throws him out of her house.

I feel like I see this same argument once every couple months and it goes the same way every time
>PauloxDaisy was pulled out of nowhere
>but volume 1
>volume 1 doesn't count!
>but "Ask BCB" posts
>ancillary material doesn't count!
>but "Feline Filibuster"
>That was just one chapter, doesn't count!
>but "Guest of Honor"
>Chibi-chapters don't count!
How about we skip the 25 posts and agree it was hinted at but done shittily and that the execution of bringing it to the forefront recently was clumsily executed? It's less about how it came out of virtually nowhere and more about how it should've happened AFTER Lucy started pissing him off and Abbey was out of the picture.

How can Mike fix this DRAMA?

As poster A up there, yeah, you're right. Thanks user for having common sense.

He is the source of DRAMA user
Better question, when is he going to try to off himself?

break up with his cell phone

>volume 1 doesn't count!
If it's CONFINED to volume 1 it doesn't, just like Paulo and Abbey getting along and Kizuna existing.

>ancillary material doesn't count!
it doesn't

>but "Feline Filibuster"
>but "Guest of Honor"
No one suggests that Paulo doesn't particularly like Daisy, but all this is explicable by the "like a little sister" concept the comic has given us. It doesn't point towards romance at all.

>it should've happened AFTER Lucy started pissing him off and Abbey was out of the picture
Agreed. The whole mess with Abbey could've led to a romance I could buy; that with their pseudo-sibling relationship disrupted for the first time there's room for it to change when they do come back together, even without either of them actively wanting it to.

This needed TIME to unfold, instead it's been pushed way, way too hard and it just seems like both are enjoying a shallow rebound from getting dumped.

So you're saying it's still embarrassingly awful, but being anal about semantics.

There's also how Lucy acts now versus during original Polo show.

And his sudden gaylord tendencies after the two token checkbox fillers reared their ugly heads.

Post the one with labels

Sue should leave the table and date augustus

He is slowly turning into a new McCain ever since he got retconned from being the rapist

>So you're saying it's still embarrassingly awful, but being anal about semantics.
Yes, exactly.

I'd sooner ship her with Paulo. Taeshi keeps trying to push the Paulo-sees-Daisy-as-a-little-sister narrative but Paulo & Sue literally ACT like siblings with how much they rib at each other.
Seeing them hate-fuck would be glorious.

I think we saw this exchange in the last thread so I'm going to step in before it becomes a thread meme.

Retconed? His character really hasn't changed at all, still being the subversive snarky loner and I never saw any problem with the fact he wasn't trying to rape her considering they were implying that in the chapter itself.

>His character really hasn't changed at all
I don't know; he suddenly went from "sinister spy for mysterious villain (it's just Alejandro)" to "doesn't give a shit guy"