Joke character is secretly the most powerful one

>Joke character is secretly the most powerful one
This is the best trope. Besides Wally in the comics and cartoon what other examples are there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=50GF26RBWjw
youtube.com/watch?v=Cz26JnEMNT0
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrouchingMoronHiddenBadass
youtube.com/watch?v=7h9V0nDT9XU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I feel this counts.

Literally too good for this world.

but he's the main character. that's a bit like saying naruto fits the mold simply because the character is a goofball moron

>Tom Bombadil
>The original and most powerful joke character

Basically fucked up Mongul Jr. and Mongal on his own. And he has proven to be the best supervillain.

Not really, everybody and their mother knows how tough he is. I would say that it is a toss up between Usopp or Tony Tony Chopper. Not the most powerful but people tend to underestimate them.

Yet every new villain completely underestimates him.

It did just say joke character not specifically side-character so... I probably should've opened with Saitama rather than Luffy.

Shonen villains always underestimate the hero.

If we're doing Sup Forums, Majin Buu should count

youtube.com/watch?v=50GF26RBWjw

Doflamingo didn't underestimated him, he was keeping a close eye on him and getting bothered by his progress.

>joke character is the most powerful one
This trope always make me nervous,though. I mean, when the joke character is shit, it just really rustles my jimmies.

I still remember watching this as a kid and immediately falling in love with this fat pink cunt

After Frieza and Cell and every other arm-crossing, smug smirking villain in anime and cartoons at the time, he was so refreshing

also he's the best boy

Flash is a jobber though. One good moment won't wash away decades of getting BTFO by everyone.

You shouldn't have opened up with either because neither are Sup Forums

>I don't read comics and I must post

I do read comics though. He's always the guy relegated to civilian rescue while Superman fights the big bad.

>That time Wally went faster than instant transportation
>That time Wally literally outran death
Not even Supes has done shit this retardedly powerful.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cz26JnEMNT0

Supes has done far more retarded shit.

Not sure what this is supposed to prove. They couldn't anticipate him because he was dead in their world.

When was the last time Wally used his Bachelors degree in Physics for anything? I mean, I know he is a superhero but don't let it go to waste.

Wait

Wally is educated?

Yes actually. He looked up to Barry who was a scientist so we wanted to get a degree in STEM. He can also think faster giving him an edge when doing math problems.

Raf's reaction to it is probably in my top 5 cartoon moments of all time.

Plastic Man is the classic example of this.

I like how Mikey being the most naturally gifted ninja has been made canon since this series.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrouchingMoronHiddenBadass

B A T T L E N E X U S C H A M P I O N
A
T
T
L
E

N
E
X
U
S

C
H
A
M
P
I
O
N

I wonder what it's like reading The Dark Knight Strikes Again on acid

When was the last time anyone used a Bachelors degree in Physics at all?

About the same as reading it normally: Awful

>>Joke character is secretly the most powerful one
>This is the best trope.

No. Fuck you. Also FFFUCK time travel.

:') Too bad we might not see him in the new season.

What did he end up doing?

He got a hold of Pandora's Box in Season 3.

Beware...

this

Tom Bombadil was a self-insert, just like those two face-dancers at the end of Chapterhouse Dune were Herbert and his wife. At least Tolkien's self-insert didn't try to hog the spotlight.

> joke character secretly most powerful
DC's Plastic Man, and Ambush Bug.
Marvel's Squirrel Girl. I wanted to say The Sentry, but even though he is a joke character he's not a secret -- the overwhelming and plot-distorting power is the joke.

>squirrel girl

o bb

Would have solo'd the big bad if not for stupid bullshit plot.

May not be co but Sans from Undertale fits this. He's a nihilistic joker that sits on the sidelines. only by running a pure evil genocide route, can get sans to fight as the final (and hardest) boss.

It can be done right.
It can be done very wrong.
That trope is not inherently good.

No trope is inherently good you silly goose, it's all about how they're used

doflamingo did and katakuri is currently taking him seriously.

>Besides Wally in the comics

You didn't actually read Flash comics, did you?

The best part of it is that Sans isn't dangerous because he's secretly superpowerful or anything. He manages to be so dangerous due to a mixture of skill, intelligence, trickery, and pure desperation.

I had an idea but i forgot it.

is this the dude from darker than black
why did you make him into a girl

Plas more than Luffy.

Chad's quads make him right

Looking back, this should've been obvious.

Luffy is hardly the strongest. Hell he needed Law to basically bifurcate Doff before he could even fight with him.

what

Megas XLR is basically if the joke character was the MC

>Besides Wally in the comics and cartoon what other examples are there?

Plastic Man, at all times and in all versions of the character.

F
He doesnt know

>the OST
>the fight sequences
>those episodes ripping on anime/super sentai tropes
>the self-aware dashboard
I miss that damn show.

It was too good for this sinful Earth...

Could he? Clear Note looks as if he doesn't give a flying fuck about getting hurt badly in combat. The actual damage that Zatch and Kiyo actually took during their battle, to what they thought they took was pretty minimal.

Once Clear Note realises his attacks are suspiciously not hurting Kanchomé . He would probably just focus on burning Kanchomé's book.

>Tom Bombadil
>Tolkien self-insert
Beren and Lúthien, fag.
Tom is inspired by some Irish and Scottish folklore, but his role is original. He’s one of the major characters not of Nordic inspiration.

>DCAU Flash
>Joke Character

I see him as a "kid appeal character"

Comedic relief =/= Joke character

These threads always remind me why people from Sup Forums aren't employed

>Wally in the comics
U wot. Wally is a srs bznz fag a looot in the comics

youtube.com/watch?v=7h9V0nDT9XU

Considering Kanchome became a reality warper with his illusions becoming real, I think he could beat Clear just by spawning a fire in that baby's bubble shield.