Would this show have been well received if it had a better looking art style?

Would this show have been well received if it had a better looking art style?

Get rid of retarded Daphne, then yes probably.

Absolute shit taste, Be Cool is best Daph

fpbp
fucking retard

Yes

You'd rather she continue having nearly no personality? Be Cool Daph is fine and probably one of the better things about the show

Stupid question. The shitty art style is the only thing people ever have to say about this show

Retarded Daphne is one of the most annoying things about the show

Yeah, they grew on me but without a doubt. It had a lot of funny moments that would've made it have a decent audience but coming after Mystery Inc it just got attacked by buttblasted fags going Scooby Doo meets Family Guy.

No one even knew what SDMI was. Everyone just hates it because it’s ugly.

Personally, I love both.

>No one even knew what SDMI was.

>ignored every pre-thread being spammed with "THEY CANCELLED MYSTERY INC FOR THIS!"

I mean outside of Sup Forums. I see that ‘Scooby Doo through the ages’ photo on every social media site, and everyone always comments on how the newest iteration looks like Family Guy. Mystery Inc is never even acknowledged by them.

I admit to being one of those people who haven't given be cool scooby doo any chance because of its drawing style, which yes, makes me believe that it's simply going to be Family Guy or American Dad with Scooby Doo characters.
I am not seeing any threads discussing episodes, showing cool monsters, interesting action scenes or so from the newest Scooby Doo show, so the few be cool scooby doo fans don't seem to believe that there's enough interesting things to bring up and hype the show.
Perhaps in a few years, or a decade or so, I might be up to watch some really comedic Scooby Doo show. But I kinda doubt it.

Well it got cancelled almost a year ago and 80% of it aired overseas.

So not even the Americans who produced it themselves thought it had any chance.
Really unfortunate for that series.
Kinda obvious though after something as spectacular as Mistery: Incorporated.

Be cool seems to be one of those shows that nobody thought it would have a chance, thus, nobody bothered to give it a chance, ruining the new show's chance to make something out of it.
And now it's dead, and nobody is giving a shit about it anyway.

Eh, the thread proves that at least the people who did watch it liked it.

Yeah the five fucking people that bothered to respond is a great indicator.

Five people is quite a number since there's only about seventeen people that browse Sup Forums

I'm not adverse to humor. I want to know, is the show episodic, does it have some plot line, or is it just nonsequitur random humor like in Family Guy?
A good balance is important for me.

Will never be topped

It's a remake of "Where Are You?", but less bland than "What's New" could be.

No non-sequiter humor, Daphne does have a different gimmick each episode and Scooby/Shaggy quick-change shenanigans do abound though, and it's solid Classic Scooby formula.

There's a small myth arc that comes into the series finale.

Yes.

It's like most Scooby Doo shows.

There’s no overarching story. It’s just the classic Scooby Doo formula. New location and mystery every episode. The humor isn’t random, it fits into the story the episode tells.
>makes me believe that it's simply going to be Family Guy or American Dad with Scooby Doo characters.
Family Guy and American Dad are nothing alike. FG has nonsensical randumb ‘humor’ while most seasons of American Dad have genuinley funny plot relevant jokes.

So, basically, it's just a standard Scooby Doo show with an unconventional art style?

Pretty much.
It just does the "standard" Scooby thing the best since Where Are You I think.

>Dat filename

>Would [thing] have been better received if it was improved?

>FG has nonsensical randumb ‘humor

Depends on the episode but most of it is.

Well, knowing this, I still probably wouldn't have watched it, because M:I practically spoiled me in regards to what I now want out from Scooby Doo shows, but should pals of mine want to watch something Scooby Doobish, I might suggest it to them.

Probably. There would still be some lingering anger that it's not mystery incorporated but far more people would have given the show a try. Most who hate it haven't seen it.

But mystery inc wasn't cancled. It ran for the length it was always meant to run.

It was following Mystery Inc and it wasn't the second coming of Christ so no.

She had plenty in MI, not much, but still something. And she didn't look like a Family Guy cutaway design.

>The humor isn’t random
There is the notable exception of the asteroid in the wedding episode but it was still pretty funny.

That was set up.
Unless you meant the bit in the flashback. Either way it is funny.

It's not even that unconventional. It's closer to the original than a lot of them have been, although more cartoony and yeah, more obviously GoAnimate/Flash tier.

Yes, the designs are pretty much the only thing people complain about when they look at stuff related to the show, completely turning me and lots of other people away from it when it first aired. Show should've been made in the same art style that they've using in the direct to DVD movies since 2010

Nothing exactly wrong with trying a unique style, the problem is that they result in either pic related or Be Cool. MI's style was pretty fun how it tried a more stylized look, though I can understand how even that didn't gel with some fans.

Yeah. You'd be surprised how many people will reject well-written shows with shit art style and endure shitty writing for the visuals.

>plenty
>not much

make up your fucking mind you faggot

I still wonder why Scooby Doo went for the Family Guy audience.

I made it up just fine you fucking autist.

No, because it was boring
It wasn't new or different in a good way, like Mystery Inc, or just a really good reboot, like Zombie Island.
The criticism of the style went out when everyone watched it. Nobody cared about it because it just wasn't that entertaining.

Shut up

Definitely. Some scenes look like they're really well done but it's just the art style holding it back.

hell yes. I managed to look past the art style, and it was pretty damn good.

I thought it was decent. Some jokes were good, some weren't, some started good but then got kinda ruined. As far as the art goes, some side characters looked alright and some monsters looked decent, but the main characters and others looked pretty bad.
Very much a mixed bag.

Euurugggh. Just looking at it makes me sick. McFarlane, your style is a blight upon our culture.