Peter Tomasi On Detective Comics?

As the Bendis Tsunami cascades through DC Comics, we are seeing all sorts of changes in upcoming months. With Brian Bendis taking over Superman and Action Comics as monthly titles, halving the number of Superman solo books DC Comics publishes, this also allows for other comics to be commissioned.

As for the current creators of Action Comics and Superman, Patrick Gleason is still the artist on Action Comics #1001. There is no news of Dan Jurgens. But Bleeding Cool heard the rumour that Peter Tomasi will be the new writer of Detective Comics after DC Nation #0.

Longtime writer/editor at DC Comics, Tomasi recently wrote the Batman And Robin series for the New 52, as well as writing and editing hundreds of Batbooks. He is wise to the world of Gotham.

As to current Detective writer John Tynion IV, I understand he will have his hands full working on Justice League with Scott Snyder. And I hear tell he has another big DC Comics project in the works too…

And the music of the musical chairs plays on.

bleedingcool.com/2018/02/02/peter-tomasi-detective-comics/

I'd trust Tomasi with anything. His Batman and Robin is one of my favourite runs and his Bat-Bunny was pretty okay too. It actually gave Gordon some personality with the bunny instead of him being used as a tool to tell someone elses story.

I hope he continues with Super Sons. I don't want to see Jon fade away from continuity thanks to Bendis' upcoming ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT SUPERMAN NOW!

Seriously, I hope to God that his MRSA comes back and kills the bastard's are before he can start writing for Supes. The fact that they are seemingly giving him full control over Superman and both of his major titles just makes me hope even more that SOMETHING happens to him before he can do anything to completely destroy Superman forever.

I'm not sure what you being an edgy retard brings to the retard.

And I'm not sure what an utterly retarded namefag is doing seemingly defending Bendis. But then again, you're a cuck and he's a cuck, so I guess you two are simply made for each other.

You've come into a Tomasi on Detective comics thread to post about wanting Bendis to die to MRSA. Leave your house and get some fresh air.

Great. Watch Tec go to 70-80k when it's not written by talentless hack.

I only posted about Bendis simply because one poster (this one , in case you're too blind to notice) brought him up, along with his "plans" for Superman. I really have no reason to continue posting about him, other than replying to your posts, namefags. So now unless you want this to continue on (which you probably do, given your nature and just for sttention), how about we drop this line of debate and get back to Tomasi?

Do you read your posts? You sound like you post on a different website. Nice one not disagreeing with me that you're an edgy retard that needs to get some air tho l0l

Well, took you long enough to formulate such a braindead post. Props to you for that. Also;

>l0l
Ah, Reddit. How I've missed your presence.

As long as Tomasi doesn't leave Super Sons.

namefag has a point. You sound like an edgy thirteen year old.

As long as he still writes Super Sons, I'm happy with this.
Maybe we will have, for a change, *Bruce* as the main character instead of the rejects.

Looks like Tec isn’t going to become readable anytime soon

I agree; Tomasi’s “””comfy””” writing is pretty bad, I don’t know why people like it

>Bendis is taking over Action Comics.
>It's going "Slice of Life"

This is as retarded as the occasional periods where the detective stories are in Batman and the action stories are in Tec.

I just want some detective comics
is there any good ones besides the Maze Agency?

Bendis better not touch the fucking super family

It's probably for a short arc before the next guy. I doubt he wants to do more Batman when he's had 2 runs plus Super Sons. I hope the rumors Tomasi & Gleason are the new Shazam team are true.

Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with shitty writers using your favorite characters?
I'm genuinely upset about Bendis monopolizing Superman. I feel like I'm not gonna see a Superman I enjoy for the next two years.

Go read old Superman shit.

Like for real, you can't possibly have read ALL of it, could you?

I thought he was getting Shazam?

Pretty much everything post-Crisis, yeah. I've been casually reading Curt Swan drawn pre-Crisis stuff as well.

Does Superman have a strong JL presence? I've been meaning to catch up on that since Priest started.

>Pretty much everything post-Crisis, yeah.
I only really like Pre-Crisis Superman, really. I think you should just read that goofy bullshit.

>namefag has a point
Post discarded.

I still can't believe that Bendis will write two Superman books. Hell. What are they thinking? Now i have to wait 1 fucking mounth to read Superman and see Bendis OC kryptonian black transgender sis lgbtqxtwyxz character.

I guess that means Cass will vanish from the book with little to no fanfare.

I have truly loved Tynion's run. I personally hope this rumor is one of the Bloody C^&*'s failed speculations. And Tomasi will destroy everything I love about Tec - Steph and Cass and Tim. And basically make it Batman and Robin 2.0

Basically, sadly this will be true. It'll be Outsiders all over again.

Nobody but characterfags who only care about fan service like him. Nobody has ever cared for this hack outside of B&R and Superman. His last run on detective comics was pretty terrible.

Stop being a characterfag. If you're a Superfag, you should be used to bad writing.

His GLC run was pretty fun

I can see him getting it.

Wish he and Gleason would just do Teen Titans or something like that instead.

Vanishing completely. Tomasi doesn't like Cass.

I don't mind that. I wish he had stayed on Superman though. I hope he at least gets to keep Super Sons.

Good

Timfags.

So, DC is shuffling around creators, yet HJ&GLC is still held hostage by Venditti? Damnit.

Tomasi is shit, but even shit is above Tynion at this point

>I have truly loved Tynion's run.
Fucking.
How.

he's like what 60 issues in now
to think that fialkov was going to write GL when Johns left

Cassfag Nobody cares about you.

If Tec does get taken over by Tomasi I suspect it will go monthly.Atleast Robin will be a thing again lol and Tomasi actually did make the effort to write Detective stories during his last brief stint.

Ofcourse this also means the end of jobber Batman, cousin Kate and Mary sue Tim. Thank goodness.

It would be huge to have Tomasi in Detective comics. Batman and Robin would be a team once again if that happened.
If this is true, I will have to add Detective Comics back to my pull list.

>Rebirth happens
>Venditti still on GL
>GLs gets New writer
>Venditti still on GL
>DC shuffles writers around for 2nd Rebirth anniversary
>Venditti still on GL
Why? Is there literally nobody else who can or will write GL? You can't even use the "nobody wants to follow Johns" excuse anymore because between GL and HJGLC Venditti has done over 70 issues.

please kill me

It means Venditti is there because someone higher up on the DC food chains want him to be there. And the editors for GL really don't want to piss off whoever is backing him.

but why? He's not a particularly big name nor has GL done that well under him nor does it get a lot of critical acclaim and as far as I know it doesn't sell exceptionally well in trade or anything

Do they just want to make sure the GL line stays at "comfortably mediocre"?

While I agree with you fuck off telling someone else to go outside you fucking faggot. Stop being a fucking namefag in order to be recognized in a place you aren't supposed to be recognized and go outside.

They'll probably give it to Bendis and Ape the ending of Kingdom Come for either Metal or DClock to kill billy so they can pass the mantel on to one of the diverse kids.

I love the cast, and I think Tynion does very solid voices for them. And I like the way he built everything to Clayface's death.

Well honestly I don't care as long as someone finally replaces Tynion. I can't stand his writing.

Tective got progressively worse, Tynion character assassinated just about everyone and made Stephanie unberably annoying, Bruce faded into the background, and once Tim came back, not even he was safe and became obnoxious just to synch up with his "bad" future. The whole thing is a depressing mess on reflection and not worth any investment

Please let this happen. Tomasi is a fantastic, solid storyteller. I would love to have him back in Gotham.

Tynion off Detective replaced by a sentient bag of goo would be an upgrade, so I heartily welcome Tomasi.

There is NO WAY Tynion would have a job in comics if he wasn't Snyder's bag carrier.Honestly I don't even get what Snyder sees in him? Why is he wasting his time with a guy, who can't write a decent story on his own.

Tomasi's very good in handling familial and social interactions, just look on how he made Bruce and Damian and Clark and his son look like a legit, if not real-life, father-and-son tandem, not the superhero master-and-student relationship. Plus, he's the most heart-warming DC writer I ever read in many years.

Tomasi's very good in handling familial and social interactions, just look on how he made Bruce and Damian and Clark and his son look like a legit, if not real-life, father-and-son tandem, not the superhero master-and-student relationship. Plus, he's the most heart-warming DC writer I ever read in many years.

hey share a writers studio, I believe. Tynion was one of Snyder's students. There's a whole bunch of them who all got jobs very quickly after Snyder got power in DC. Tynion and Marguerite Bennett were the most high profile of them.

I don't like Bendis' writing but I don't want the guy to die. You're being too dramatic.

Yes! Please DC make this happen.

hal and pal's is good

No it's not. It has good art and is pretty fanservice-y with the characters getting "badass" moments, but that's pretty much it. The story, dialogue, and everything else just isn't worth piss.

>I love the cast
This is the only thing you've said I can understand. No matter what he's writing, superheroes or not, I can't stand Tynion's writing.

It's strictly editorial politics imo. It's not about quality, but more the fact that Venditti is "their guy".

I just want him gone! I don't even care if the next writer is terrible, I am so damn done with Venditti's disappointing stories.

No, no it really isn't. It's disjointed, badly paced and, like all of Venditti's GL, fails to deliver a satisfying ending to any story line.

>Bendis is taking over Superman
>Going to be dropping Superman
>Tomasi is taking over Detective
>Going to add Detective to my pull list

I'm okay with this.

It's probably more it does well enough in comparison to everything elsefor DC to not panic and kick the guy off completely and DC is more concerned with pushing other franchises more.

Flash and Wonder Woman had other media adaptations that year and next year, and Flash ended up with a major Flashfag and Wonder Woman got one of her most well loved writers. Meanwhile GL kept a writer that isn't well loved but does decently enough and gambled on a not well loved writer from marvel.
Difference in treatment is stark.

It would be hilarious if Bendis decides that he wants to take over Detective Comics too with #1000

DC should keep buying writers because thing obviously don't sell if you put turds like Tomasi, Tynion, Seeley, Jurgens, Abnett, Venditti or Tieri (among others) in charge of an ongoing

Fuck, even buying Slott or Hopeless would be an improvement over those

>Abnett and Tomasi bad
Whatever you say buddy.

DC clearly should keep buying artists too because Janin needs to go

Abnett used to be good like 10 years ago, he hasn't done anything worth a read since his run on GOTG
And Tomasi is really inert, Gleason does all the work

Ewing should jump, his 4 books got cancelled nearly at the same time. He's perfect for Hal Jordan, Titans or any continuity wank

He has 2 marvel books coming up

>working on Justice League with Scott Snyder
Wait what? Snyder and Tynion are going to be Justice League? Two Justice League writers? What about Priest?

I doubt that's going to happen. Detectives main purpose at the moment is to contain all those Batfamily figures that Didio got sent death threats and Waffles for ignoring in New 52.

Unless you're a redditor, they are bottom of the tier writers.

shut up, bendis

It wouldn't surprise me at all given his "homework" included a ton of late 90s to 00s Batman stuff.

I'd be okay with this. But I want Tynion to finish his story first.

This is worse than Bendis taking over Superman. At least he continues the legacy of Superman titles always being dumpster fire.

Dude, he used a King Batman reaction image. Of course he's a redditor.

If only

Personally, I'd rather he continue on Super Sons until it reaches four trades worth of material -- or even longer. And I'd rather see him do say a 3 issue or 6 issue Super Pets mini and any number of things than an effing Bat God book - but if DC approves that Super Pets mini AND keeps him on DC and he wants to be overworked, yeah sure, Tomasi can do 'Dick Comics.'

>Super Pets mini
Fuck no

Assuming he does get to write 'Tec, what will happen to the characters currently on it?

>Lemire nowhere to be seen.
>Percy is now off GA.

I'm panicked.

Lemire is on Terrifics.

Unless Tynion gets a spinoff for them, they're going to be erased and forgotten.

I know; I was hoping he'd come back for GA, but we're getting Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing, whoever they are, and Marcio Takara, whoever that is, on art.

Kelly and Lanzing are like Venditti and Tieri, but younger - DC's go-to fill-in writers.

Takara, though, is a really great artist. He did some of the best stuff on Batman and Robin Eternal (#13), has done arcs on Batgirl and the Birds of Prey and Tec, and also did a run on All-New Wolverine.

it's leagues better than his GL was but the pacing still sucks and arcs rarely have satisfying conclusions, character interaction is few and far between which seems weird for a book with four leads

I'm just so bored of his writing

yeah I've assumed it's boiled down to a mix of DC not caring enough to push it and Venditti being a workhorse

I wish he could be a more interesting workhorse though

>even buying Slott or Hopeless
I get that you were trying to bait, but all 9 of those writers you named truly are turds.

lemire is writing inferior five and drawing that peacemaker back up