JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

Annual time

hi op

how was your opera?

Friendly reminder that Bendis is Love, Bendis is Life.

deeply frustrating because of Harvey, actually

Hello, Storyteller.

So Milk Wars was pretty disappointing. I was expecting some surrealist adventures, but it all boiled down to an issue long fight scene. Because of course.

hardcore

Doom Patrol has been sucky since issue 5. It keeps getting worse with each issue.

ewww, really?

How was Cave Carson?
That was the only one I thought sounded cool.

i liked Milk Wars but i'm a sucker for dat meta shit

bendis imprint!!!

KLAUS IN THE HAUS

DC seems to be making mistake after mistake

Christ, fuck Bendis and his John Byrne boner

Don't know, dropped it at 2. It was the most boring out of the entire line. Also awful art. I only like Shade from Young Animal anyway. Doom patrol started out solid but like I said it's been sucking since 5.

if it wasn't for the fact everything i love and everything byrne destroyed are a circle I'd find it hilarious.

I am a little excited to see what DC stories bendis loves like "that time Doom and Iron Man went to Camelot"

Yep. Doom Patrol shows up in 50s land, they fight the JLA, snap them out of Retconn's control, they all team up against Milkman Man. It's all very predictable and boring. Spoilers, I guess, but there's no actual story to spoil.

That's all capeshit is anymore, just a series of fight scenes. There's no adventure left, no real plot, just fight scene after fight scene.

I swear that Zod looking person in the Man of Steel mini covers has Doomsday bone protrusions.

I wouldn't put it past him.

That's disappointing.

>I am a little excited to see what DC stories bendis
apart from the iconic ones like Identity Crisis?

>christ fuck this popular writer and his popular writer boner
Wow, hipster much?

We're going in exciting new directions for Superman = another villain connected to krypton is hilarious.

I so cringed at the spread where everyone gets paired up for a panel of banter and they go for the most blatant and creatively dead shit like "hehe here's Gay Ray and Danny. They're both gay lol so of course they immediately gravitate towards eachother and have become best friends in this one panel".

Wow, that sounds fucking terrible. Like, crappy crossover comic with Boom terrible.

>DC stories bendis loves like "that time Doom and Iron Man went to Camelot"
Maybe he has a thing for Busiek's "Superman: Camelot Falls" story

This lady. I like her.

I swear, comic book writers have embraced the fact they don't actually have to try.

I don't know, just sounds like a regular event type DC comic.
>linewide event
>NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME
>all titles relaunched with brand new #1's.
The fact that Milk Wars is just a fight scene with no plot and all the dialogue is superfluous and empty is evidence enough.

Such is the natural state of things.

Yeah, but the whole point of Young Animal was that they weren't going to make typical capeshit.

I really liked the issue that Mike Allred drew

>>all titles relaunched with brand new #1's.
Isn't that because titles with low sales already don't survive a six month hiatus?

i dunno fighting Milk Man Man a superhero who's made by an evil corporation who wants to homogenize everything is a pretty good comic outline

Yep. Ain't that funny? almost as funny as Milk Wars having homogenized versions of the Justice League when Way's very own Doom patrol has homogenized versions of DP characters.
Then again, Cave Carson and Mother Panic were fairly standard cape from the get go, it's just too bad Shade gets dragged into this shit...

The line was never supposed to be a huge seller anyway, if they were that concerned with sales then maybe don't start the damn imprint in the first place? And it's not like anyone asked for those hiatuses... Maybe if the damn editors and curator actually did their jobs...

Awww yeah, it's TIME!

Funny enough, all the way back in issue 1 of Question, Shiva says she despises violence. So y'know, what is it? But that was when she was watching Vic fight Hatch's thugs at the start of the issue, so it seems Shiva likes violence when she's the one doing it. And to her credit, she does do it pretty damn well.

Maybe if you barely read comics. Otherwise it's the most trite, unimaginative bullshit in stands right now.

so my goal is at least to do all the annuals before I extensively GTFO

It will now be an eight month hiatus between the release of ShadeGirl #12 and the release of ShadeWoman #1.

this is offensive to actually boring books no one reads

Eh, I'd say the idea is nice(for a DP arc not a shitty crossover) but the execution is just so damn bland...

Flash annual was fun, but I'm a Wallyfag so I'm biased

>extensively GTFO
???

>that first panel
So nice to see the Watchmen influence is still there.
Also, I dunno if he drew part of it or inked it, but I love that this issue is by Tony "Jonah Hex" De Zuñiga.

next week OP is taking a vacation, like an actual vacation

OOH MODEMS!!!!

I feel like I got the Monkey's Paw wish of wanting the Renegade's back.

The annual was nice, but Williamson's endings and some middles have uniformly disappointed.

oh lordy, the memories of good times with BBS

and now, Professor Batman will explain things to you.

So EVS is getting booted off from DC, apparently.
Good riddance, desu. His art is dogshit and his ideas are somehow even worse. I bet he's behind like half the pointless resurrections and deaths in Blackest Night.

it's funny how they're making erasing Mark Waid from DC actual Text with the Wally stuff.

oh man where's my foolkiller/question computer commenter crossover

good riddance to bad rubbish

now it's time to kill barry allen again!

>that Superfriends preview
So, either the two of them mutually agreed that this would be a mistake and they agree to just jerk off in the corner or something, OR, Diana was just messing with Bruce this whole time in a really weird prank.

Frankly, I'd be okay with the latter, cause that's funny as hell.

I love that fourth panel so much.
>Alfred, my man...

Question/Foolkiller crossover would be like my dream Yuletide request, lol

>but Williamson's endings and some middles have uniformly disappointed.

Yeah I'm prepared for that, but I think the only thing that could make me hate Flash War is if they retcon Blitz into something else. I can take just bad writing or whatever, but that would really piss me off.

Or, and hear me out, this is a really fucking crazy guess, but OR... King is a fucking hack.

I just hope that The Renegades aren't just fodder for whatever the "War" ends up being.

Hell, I'd love it if they took Hunter down.

please stop discussing that trash.

Did himself in with the social media bullshit really, no sympathy there.

I didn't really like his art, but I don't know if it was particularly bad. Just an aesthetic I don't like in general.

me and my murderdog are still murdering our way across the landscape merrily

Nothing in that line is good anyways. Cave has shit art, Shade didn't do anything new, Doom Patrol can't even get the set-up for an event out on time, and Panic is a generic vigilante book. There were so many shills hyping the line up too.
I guess that's to be expected from giving command to a shitty emo band singer.

It is bad, the composition is nothing but a crap widescreen-Hitch-wannabe, the anatomy is rubbish, the dynamism is nonexistent... but hey, it's realistic, so casuals like it!

>I had to test him. I had to.
And so begins like thirty decades' worth of trash.

This is so, so much better than the OG O-Sensei.

I guess Forager was kinda forgettable.

lol

It looks very detailed (detail of course being more lines), but very stiff most of the time.

Shade is good

It had a decent gag once in a while, but yeah. It was.

i saw a really funny old review of flash rebirth that characterized his art as "ADD MORE LINES, MORE"

>Cosmic Odyssey sequel
kill me please

For the record, that next time would turn out to be A Death in the Family. Where they ALSO got interrupted.

Could see him borrowing Johns' Zoom Corps idea. Maybe they'd help fight that group.

Might be too soon to guess all the sides though.

man i should read that one day because it sounds lit.

so how are you owls

Yeah.
I'm just so wary of Williamson at this point.

If it ends up good, he should just jump ship immediately, cause odds are the next arc won't be.

Can't wait for the inevitable "DC fired EVS for being conservative abloobloo".

>it's funny how they're making erasing Mark Waid from DC actual Text with the Wally stuff.
What did they do?

Disappointed.

While employing Chuck Dixon.

Doing OK. Finished my first week back at work after my holidays. Had an interview for a possible new job over Skype. Really hoping it works out.

I'm so goddamn tired, I'm glad it's the weekend

time to stay up all night playing video games instead of actually sleeping like I told myself I would

it seems the stuff no one remembers from Wally's time is the stuff from the Waid run onward. Magenta's memories didn't seem to go to far into the 90s

i'm starting to try and get back into one piece since i found out i'm close to when the characters all get back together

I may be becoming a fa/tg/uy.

that was me yesterday so today hurt

Pretty good.

Working out the logistics of a Chronological storytime of Crossed (just the hits) to prep for it coming back after 2 or so years of cancellation.

Already happening in this thread.

What system, cardgame, and/or wargame are you learning about?

He might not get much work after Bane:Conquest ends, but that would be more connected to him going all in on AltHero rather than just being conservative.