Childhood is siding with Mr. Peanutbutter

Childhood is siding with Mr. Peanutbutter.
Adulthood is realizing Diane was in the right all along.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tp5Nn51T6sg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want Diane to die an' never come back.

Manchildhood is watching this trash.

t. Roastie.

youtube.com/watch?v=tp5Nn51T6sg

The bestest hatesex depiction in Sup Forums media yet.

Fuck off, Diane.

And Manhood is watching cynical nihilist hipster show #134351 and watch some real shit, like that one motherfucking episode of Looney Tunes where Porky Pig hunts the last Dodo bird with all the racist jokes about Africa kept in while staying up after bedtime with a bowl of Reeses Puffs.

Get on ym level, faggorts

How was Diane right? I literally can’t understand why was she so upset about Mr. Peanut Butter giving her the decorated library she always dreamed about.

>”wtf why did you create the library I’ve always wanted as a kid?? I wanted it to stay as a daydream fantasy so it stays unique to ME!! I hate being married to you...”

>Go home Goober
>Sit on a dick Goober
>Fuck a cactus Goober
>Go get your dick caught in Goober
>Put a dildo on the ground and then hang yourself with a shitty rope, so that your corpse falls on top of the dildo and thus you get fucked even in death, Goober
I think they went a bit too far with the insults

Mr Peanutbutter has constantly been shown to only care about what he considers to be romantic. He does this multiple times throughout the series in order to make himself feel good. Diane is just calling him out on his bullshit yet people feel the need to shit on her because she offends them.

>to make himself feel good
Mr. Peanut Butter? The most wholesome character in the show who cares about everyone being selfish? You’re just being a bullshitter at this point and trying to pull reason out of your ass to defend your nihilistic waifu.
He ordered this room to be created because he loved Diane. He didn’t do it for self-satisfaction or for the approval of others, he did it because he got touched by Diane’s confession on where she wanted to escape during her shitty childhood. But nah, somehow Diane is right because the library is supposed to only stay in her dreams because of nonsensical reasons, and somehow you’re suggesting that Mr. PB is at fault here for Diane’s autistic behaviors. She’s a rubbish, self-centered character who just wants to bitch and bitch and bitch about everything yet takes anything that’s been good to her for granted.

This desu

Diane has told Mr. Peanut Butter before that she dislikes grand gestures. The library stunt was disrespectful because Mr. Peanut Butter not only completely disregarded that, he did so by turning a private and quite personal part of her childhood INTO a grand gesture.

I think Mr. Peanut Butter's heart was in the right place- he's a people pleaser. His disastrous past marriages have instilled that need in him (plus, y'know, he's a golden retriever). It isn't that his gesture wasn't kind. But it ultimately wasn't what Diane wanted, at all, which is something Mr. Peanut Butter can't seem to grasp.

It's why they don't work as a couple: Mr. PB wants to make his wife happy, but his wife doesn't want to BE happy. Neither of them are really WRONG, necessarily, but they're certainly wrong for each other.

How the hell is turning a dream into a reality disrespectful? She confessed she always wanted the library ever since she was a child, so how the FUCK does she have the audacity to bitch about her daydream no longer being a daydream? If the idea of being in a Disney-like library made her happy, then this is supposed to make her happy, not fucking upset that her autism is way too specific.

No sane human being can grasp a person with a confusing personality like that. No one.
>Neither of them are really WRONG, necessarily
False. Diane is wrong here. If she wanted the library to stay as a dream for whatever dumb reason, then she should’ve specified to Mr. PB that it should stay as a dream or never told him at all. An ungrateful cunt like that doesn’t deserve someone as patient and loving as Mr. PB.

Oh for fuck's sake, Mr. PB's heart is in the right place but the issue is that he doesn't consider the other person's feelings. The argument about the library is pretty fucking clear about it. The issue isn't that Diana doesn't want to be happy (she does, she's just fucked from her upbringing and confuses fulfillment with happiness but that's not really the point here), it's that Mr. PB doesn't stop to ask himself if what he things will make people happy is what they actually want.

I've been waiting for them to divorce and for Diane to have to go back to menial service jobs and realize she has nothing to show for her entire adult life.

I've been waiting since the second season.

Get the fuck on with it.

>things that make people happy isn’t actually what they want
How is that kind of thinking supposed to make sense? And it’s just a dumb library that has been decorated like a Disney movie, so why use that contemplate on how shit your marriage is? The only one who ruined the marriage is Diane, Mr. PB absolutely nothing wrong and he shouldn’t apologize for Diane’s idiotically specific requests.

>to have to go back to menial service jobs
She wasn't working one to begin with.

She was in the 2007 flashback. She hasn't been doing that in the "present" because she's been enjoying PB's largess. Every job we've seen her work has been a failure.

>How the hell is turning a dream into a reality disrespectful?

It is no secret that the writers of Bojack are probably dealing with a lot of depression of their own.

Bojack is NOT the show to watch if you want to see well adjusted characters.

It's a typo, it's supposed to be "what he thinks will make people happy is what they want." Diane didn't actually request the library. It's been awhile since I watched the episode but isn't it actually not a library at all since the books are fake?

Will Bojack prevent Diane from turning into him?

Given the character, it'd be more likely that she'd return to writing, put out some Hollywood tell-all (ironically needing a ghostwriter), then make herself miserable because of it.

He can't. That was made obvious with Sarah Lynn, he can't help anyone as long as he's down there with them. He has to face his own demons before he can help others. If he doesn't address his own issues the best result would be for him to turn into another Mr. Peanut Butter, who focuses on others to cover his own stagnation.

she already told him she hated grand romantic gestures. which is exactly what making that library was. So she did in fact specify to him that he shouldn't do this. Then he did it.

They're both terrible and deserve eachother

Diane has always been right from the very first episode.

Diane can't support herself with her writing; Bojack mentioned this in the first season episode with her family.

This is the irony behind the character; she's a feminist who has earned little-to-nothing with her own efforts and lives comfortably only because of the man who loves her. She's a rich man's wife with an glorified and unaccomplished writing hobby.

The problem is it's not really a "grand" romantic gesture. I can understand her hating shit like the Hollywood sign because that shit puts her on the spot. It's embarrassing to have everyone looking at you expecting you to behave a certain way because someone went so over the top. The library thing was just a quiet corner of their house. Peanutbutter didn't bring the press in for it. He wasn't shouting it from all the hills. He just built her a room all for her in a quiet little corner of the house that she could go to get away from the world and so that she could feel like his house was hers too. Pretty much exactly what she should want. Instead she throws a tantrum. Diane was 150% in the wrong.

Because she was sharing a fantasy, not expressing a genuine desire. She didn't expect Mr. Peanut Butter to take things literally, she just wanted to share something close to her. It's like talking about dropping everything, eloping, and moving to Peru with a highschool sweetheart as a fun idea you can both enjoy. But then they show up with two tickets and a packed suitcase. You don't actually want to uproot and run away. It was a fantasy, a silly daydream you enjoyed in the abstract.

A library isn't that huge of a fantasy. Shit plenty of people with a smaller fraction of mr. peanutbutter's wealth have libraries in their homes. The one he built was a bit nicer and more done up but it wasn't like he built her a library in space.

It's not really ironic, characters in the show tend to relate towards others by mirroring them. While most people compare her to Bojack, Diane also heavily mirrors Todd.

Sure it's ironic; the character has a growing inability to get along with her husband but she owes him everything she has.

That's not irony though.

Your mom is ironic.

A fucking library is absolutely a grand gesture and your standards are fucked. It might be subtle for him, but it's hardly subtle.

Your standards are overblown. It's not like he didn't have to rebuild his fucking house anyway. He just snuck in a room for Diane in what was already going to be a massive house after a conversation with her made him think it might be an appropriate addition to the house that would let her feel like it wasn't his house, it was their's. What Diane is really saying with her tantrum isn't "I don't like grand romantic gestures." it's "Don't ever do anything. You and I should just be like roommates living in the same house. Any display of affection towards me at all will offend me." That's a relationship entirely on Diane's terms with zero regard for Mr. Peanutbutter's feelings. Which is half of why she's so wrong. Like I said i get how Mr. Peanutbutter has gone over the line in the past but Diane doesn't understand is her abject rejection of any and all gestures from Mr. PB isn't respecting his feelings any more than he was considering hers when he took credit for the Hollywoo sign. The library was a pretty good compromise as far as gestures go. It respects her feelings by not putting her on the spot but it also allows PB to express his love for Diane, which is something that's important to him. Diane is in the wrong because she's so self absorbed that she can't see past her own autism. Mr. PB considered her feelings but she never considered his.

>ITT autists don't understand shit
The library idea is something deeply personal, PB going and building it on his own accord takes something personal away from Diane and makes himself a part of it
Now if instead he had just given her a book and said it was for the library she could make on her own that would still be something meaningful while also respecting how personal the idea is and would show he actually listens to his wife about her likes and dislikes by making a small gesture that says I listen, I care, and I respect the boundaries you have
But that's a healthy relationship, something I shouldnt expect the average Sup Forums man child to know anything about

>It's why they don't work as a couple: Mr. PB wants to make his wife happy, but his wife doesn't want to BE happy. Neither of them are really WRONG, necessarily, but they're certainly wrong for each other.
This pretty much.

Exactly this. Very well-written, user.

The problem is that this was a focused personalized gesture of his love showing he listened
not some generic grand gesture

this
but with less words

Define "Romance" that isn't a case by case scenario. There are no finite rules to what is romantic or not, nor are you or Diane the one to make those calls.

This high-strung bitch needs to realize when a gesture is made, it has effort and consideration put into it. While, you need to realize that not everything people who LOVE you do is an attempt to slight you.

Diane should probably kill herself.

this, if the genders were flipped nobody would be bitching

Not true. People would be annoyed about male Diane being such an autistic whino as well.

They're both shit.

Jerry is the most autistic asshole in Seinfeld, and everyone hates him.

Mr Peanutbutter is an adorable sweetie.
But that's not what Diane really wants or needs.
Plus while he listens to her, he doesn't comprehend the meaning behind what she tells him.

>mr peanut butter
>wholesome
He's a selfish self-absorbed nihilist. Just because he has a goofy smile on his face doesn't make him good.

Diane has told Mr PB that she hates surprises. Diane has told Mr PB she wants the house to feel like theirs and not his. So he surprises her with a massive renovation of the house she didn't actually want.

Finding fault only in Diane is legit incel territory

She doesn't fucking know what she wants period, or rather she wants to be able to complain about shit and if you take away the shit she likes to complain about she gets mad at you because what will she complain about now?
My nigga PB deserves better.

>"Any display of affection towards me at all will offend me"
>Mr. PB considered her feelings but she never considered his.
Good job ignoring the part in that episode where she set up a personal romantic gesture at the motel for him, which he flaked on so he could hang with some sycophants.
The difference between their ideas of romantic gestures is that Diane puts effort, and PB throws money at someone and tells them to do it for him.

Best post in this thread

So are you a woman or just pussywhipped beyond redemption?

/thread.

He cares about making her happy and building a life with her, which is fucking bizarre given the number of divorces he's gone through. But he tries, which is more than most people ever do. Diane's right in that when he tries these things, he kills the fantasy by making it real, and in a way he's taking something from her by doing it. SHE needs to learn to accept a gesture with some grace, even if she hates it.

Mister Peanutbutter needs to realize he can't always make her happy, because in a way she's happy wallowing in the life she's made for herself, looking up at things she can sort of touch but never have for herself. She's a fighter of causes, and the outcome of those fights means nothing compared to the simple act of conflict. Grand gestures from her husband don't mean anything, because they aren't anything she had to work for, and her first instinct is to pick a fight over it.

>people still don't understand Mr PB after four fucking seasons
Let me spell this shit out for you: Mr PB is every bit the depressed, nihilistic, selfish sack of shit Bojack is.

See, Bojack is constantly seeking happy endings and closure - the kind commonly found in the sitcoms he and Mr PB starred in - but consistently fails because life just doesn't work that way. An accomplishment doesn't lead to end credits, an apology doesn't mean you'll be forgiven, etc. Bojack is tortured every time this expectation is shattered.

Mr PB, on the other hand, actively deludes himself into thinking the world DOES work like a sitcom and ignores or represses anything that contradicts that delusion.

You can see it in every choice and interaction PB makes, including those with Diane.

The library? He didn't make it because that's what Diane wanted. He didn't make it because he genuinely thought that was what Diane wanted, he did it because Diane had been upset and in a TV show the answer to that is a grand gesture.

I seriously doubt Mr PB even really sees other people as human beings and not sitcom characters

>Let me spell this shit out for you: Mr PB is every bit the depressed, nihilistic, selfish sack of shit Bojack is.

Nihilistic and Selfish, sure. Not really depressed, but mostly as a matter of his nihilistic conclusion being he should maximize his happiness until he dies and rots in the ground.

Its a good contrast between introverted and extroverted people. PB is an extrovert and fucking loves being around lots of people, because it gives him an emotional high. Bojack and Diane are introverts, which while they still enjoy being around people, they need to step back and take some alone time to recharge their proverbial emotional batteries, because if they ever run out of juice they turn in to sad sacks of shit who hurt the people around them because what they really need is space.

>not really depressed
Deluding yourself into ignoring your depression isn't the same as not being depressed.

thank you!

I would disagree. The scary thing about depression is that it is self re-inforcing, so you get depressed, you do nothing/things that make you more depressed, and it keeps going until something can jar you out of it. Bojack seems to be constantly crawling out of that pit while Mr. PB is constantly trying not to fall in.

Why did they ever get together in the first place? Diane and Mr. PB seem totally unsuitable if you look at it from a pre-pilot perspective. She's a working-class immigrant from Boston who dresses like the 90s never left who seems sensitive, intellectual and affected by life and he's a milquetoast upper/middle-class fucking DOG who personally admits he thinks nothing in life matters and to just keep doing goofy dumb shit until you're dead.

Did she just fuck a dog once in college and become addicted to the knot, making this seem like a good idea?

I imagine coming from a broken abusive home made Mr. Peanutbutter constant praise really appealing initially, but as Diane got use to Hollywoo she saw how shallow and empty the praise was.

Mr. PB obviously has trust issues and separation anxiety (he's a dog) after having two failed marriages. It was important to him that he had some concrete evidence from Diane that she was serious about the marriage.

Through flashbacks on how they met, we can assume that Diane didn't have much. Chances are she stayed over at his place one night and then just kind of never left. So I can see where Mr. PB is coming from with the whole "feeling like you're a guest" thing. She had zero input or opinions in the house they were building to start their lives over together. That's the key thing to remember in all of this. The new house was essentially a symbol of their marriage coming back together and Diane wanted little to do with it.

Mr. PB is actually the one to bring the library up so it's implied that they've talked about this fantasy before. Diane gave little impression that it was meant to stay a fantasy and just assumes he knows this. Yes, it was a big gesture but honestly, it was a personal, heartfelt gesture. It's not like he build a huge library filled with 100s of people and a jello pool. It was a quite library with enough sitting just for her.

Though at the same time, he should have been a bit more understanding about how things could be uncomfortable for her at first since this was a big thing. He should have given her some time to process things and offer to change them if she wanted instead of just blowing up.

A healthy marriage is all about communication and understanding which is something they struggle with.

Bottom line: both were right and wrong for different reasons.

the sex scenes made me really uncomfortable, am I becoming a furry?

If Daniel treated Ms. Peanutbutter like that there would be massive outrage and you'd still call it misogynist.

This

this season was the only time I was admittedly attracted to Diane

>menial service jobs
she was a writer before and during their time together. she'd just go back to writing at Titpunch or at the very least sitting and drinking on Bojack's couch

>to only care about what he considers to be romantic
ok but as long as it isn't something horrid or retarded it should be romantic to her too because he puts effort into loving her, building that ballroom shit was fucking awesome in that regard, but she bitched

>understand that taking something personal to someone else and turning it into a gesture dilutes what made that thing special in the first place
>p-pussywhipped
You've never had a girlfriend have you