Why did she cheat on Peter?

Why did she cheat on Peter?

no one can say no to the hair

Quesada is a moron.

Norman had a more interesting personality. More proof that charm and confidence beat super-cocks every time.

Because for close to 20 years now, the Spiderman franchise has been controlled by people who hate Spiderman

She didn't.

Who doesn't wants to fuck Tommy Lee Jones

marvel editors realized that their comic sales are higher when people are fucking enraged and so they set about writing the worst, most baffling comics of all time so word of mouth would spread because people are more interested in hearing about bad news so they have an excuse to be buttmad than good news

u stupid

And now look at the current state of Marvel in term of sales.

It was implied that she got roofied so I’m sticking with that. It’s definitely something Norman would do.
Also the fact that Peter and Gwen never even did it was even more ridiculous than her having sex with Osborn.

Reminder that according to CC in her dying moments she didn’t spare a thought for her children nor the fact that she fucked Norman.
If that’s not a retcon then I don’t know what is.

What really irritated me was that she told Peter she felt betrayed by him because he didn't tell her he was Spider-Man, and either he was too kind or too cowardly to call her out for cheating on him with Norman.

She was one of those women who think one night stands aren't cheating because it's just sex and there's no emotional connection

Sins past never happened.

Because it makes him more relatable or whatever.

Officially - Because she had a thing for powerful man.
Real Reason - Editorial edict that didn't make any damn sense and everyone knew it.

Keep telling yourself that.

Because there's no way Spider-man would have premarital sex and illegitimate children.

Because beings somebodies everything doesn't bar you from being a terrible human being and betraying their trust for little reason.

>considering sins past canon.

>It was implied that she got roofied so I’m sticking with that. It’s definitely something Norman would do.

This isn't implied at all. It's stated that it was Gwen who initiated it.

>Gwen has an unreliable boyfriend
>He keeps running out on her
>He always has mysterious, unexplained absences
>He is evasive about where he was or what he was doing
>Why did she cheat on him with a rich older man?

If you don't know he's Spider-Man, trying to stay friends with Peter must be difficult.

>he doesn't randomly vanish from time to time IRL like superheroes do in their personal lives

Goddamn that's some bad art. Gwen isn't my favorite chararcter but she is supposed to be gorgeous.

because Marvel doesnt want to make pete look old by him having kids so they had to retcon them to Normans kids

This. And I hate Spider-Man because he's a whiny little bitch who doesn't do something about it and stop taking shit from everyone or anything without being a scared little man baby about it.

We need a Spider-Man kills the Marvel Universe.

That’s not Gwen

Because teenagers are stupid.

Because Quesada,JMS, and Breevort were a mistake.

I think it would've been better for them to just scrap the story altogether. Even if Quesada had allowed Peter to be the twins' father, I can't imagine anything good coming out of it.

wasnt she drugged or raped or something like that

Peter didn't act that way when Marvel was good. Hell he didn't even act that way when Ditko was writing him as intentionally flawed. Sure as hell isn't anything like the JRSR era that made Spidey the most popular cape in the first place.

Did they ever really go into who initiated it? Did Norman know that she was a virgin?

She and Peter weren't actually together at the time right?

What really makes me squirm is that Gwen and Harry were friends since at least their teens.
Then Gwen slept with her close friends dad.

No

This. Slott spent a good decade or so writing Spider-man simply out of spite and inflated ego. He purposefully wrote Peter that way because of his hateboner for him that he has for some stupid reason or another. Spidey may be quipy and annoying to most bad guys, but he's also tech savvy, responsible, etc. Slott just does his absolute worst with him and fellates Doc Ock like no tomorrow.

Sins Past doesn't have to be canon.

BAd writing.

Why do heroes even bother with relationships? Just get married to Justice, she will never let you down.

She didn’t, she was dating Harry at the time when she fucked Norman.

Why hasn't this shit been retconned yet?

You got it all wrong.
She never fucked Norman, and she never dated Harry.

She did. You may not like that it happened, but it happened.

Odd, because that story was written, printed and published by Marvel and its one of the most talked about runs on Sup Forums. I’m pretty sure it did happen, but you’ve been triggered so hard that it altered your memory

According to Gwen, she caught norman in a vulnerable moment and gave him a pity fuck. She told MJ this before seeing Peter, wanting him to raise Norman's kids with her.

Editorial. That's all you need to know. However, JMS should've chosen a better alternative for Gwen to sleep with. Harry would've been more acceptable and less creepy, could've even brought back some of Gwen's negative qualities from early Ditko days.

>Then Gwen slept with her close friends dad.
This is very common. It's a way for young women to live out their Electra complex without resorting to incest. And they only see the positive, supportive sides of their friend's fathers, so it is easier for her to idealize him during her more formative sexual years when she's yearning to explore her sexuality.

why is spider-editorial always focused on aunt may. it seems like parker wants to fuck his aunt more than this harem

>All the extended media makes Aunt May younger and hotter

Because then you go fucking nuts like Batman. And most of the time, they are married to justice. That's the whole point of with great power comes great responsibility; Peter HAS to be SPider-Man. He HAS to put everything aside. It's like at the end of Raimi's film did it where Peter says he can't be with MJ, and we as the audience know over the ending monologue that it's because he has to be Spider-Man. That is who he is.