Who do you see as Spider-Man's true arch nemesis? I know some will say Ock...

Who do you see as Spider-Man's true arch nemesis? I know some will say Ock, but I just don't find him anywhere near as entertaining as Norman, who has more to do with Peter's personal life as well as having a more fun shtick IMO.

I know some might also say Venom, but I disagree with that as well because while I am a Venom fan, I personally feel his initial pre solo series story line should have been it as far as arch villaining Spider-Man goes as a one and done thing and had him stay on the "Lethal Protector" anti-hero route after that for good

>Who do you see as Spider-Man's true arch nemesis?
His fans.

Its the Goblin, always has always will.

Joe Quesada

Life

I thought it was official that it was Goblin, just like Batman's is Joker, Supes' is Luthor etc.

Fans know it’s Norman, plebs think it’s Doc Ock and casuals think it’s Venom

It's always been the Green Goblin, how is this a question?

I've seen people on here specifically say it's Ock, they think because he is more explicitly scientist themed makes him better as a dark mirror or something.

Norman don't even remember that Peter exist most of the time, he's busy trying to be Lex Luthor.

himself

>Who do you see as Spider-Man's true arch nemesis?

Writers and editors, naturally.

Being a dark mirror doesn't make you an archnemesis. By that standard Batman would have hundreds of archnemeses.

That's where you're wrong. Norman LOVES fucking with Peter. He even wrote thank you letters

Did you forget when he was at his top he was still going on about killing Gwen?

doctor octopus actually killed spider-man

Not really, also Norman was the first of Spidey’s rogues to learn his identity. Slott you should know this stuff.

That's not Kraven.

Should Doc go back to being a fat guy in a coat, or stay as the Spidey knockoff? I'm ashamed to admit I'm a sucker for his current costume. Maybe he'll get fat, and put a coat on top of that

I want him to stay in a Clone body of Peter just so he can say “My Octo-Sense is tingling” again

Yeah, I like the fat guy. It's different to see a super-villain that isn't at "peak physical condition". Expresses better that he's reliant on his brain and tech.

The last time I read was when Norman drugged Flash and then had him ram a truck into Peter's classroom. Then Peter had to take care of a vegetable Flash because he felt guilty about the whole thing. It was great because Peter was finally grown up. He was a teacher. He and Mary Jane were married but she lived in Los Angeles. I think she moved back. I don't remember who wrote it, but that's how I like to imagine Peter as.

carnage. venom becomes a anti hero. carnage is the opposite of spiderman in almost every way. no morals. unstable. its like a nightmare version of spiderman who morphs his hands into bladed weapons and is bullet proof. venom seemed sort of organic with his flesh colored tongue and teeth with gums also flesh colored but carnage looks like hes a living lava lamp

I feel like Carnage is more an arch nemesis to Venom than he is Spider-Man.

Paul Jenkins wrote it. Ramos did incredible job with panel composition there. That's why he got acclaim in the first place but he stopped even trying after he became popular.

Post 80's? Hobgoblin.

So, how would you fix Goblin timeline? Norman seeing a substitute for his useless dead son in Peter makes no fucking sense with Harry being secretly alive in Europe but at the same time, Harry finally walking out on his old man in American son was so satisfying.

Who wrote this again? This arc is fucking great.

Paul Jenkins, duh! People remember JMS being the best writer evar because he was one making decisions like getting MJ back and having Peter teach 10th graders (and his run was finished off in ugly way by Joey Q).
But what Jenkins did on Spectacular at the same time was nothing short of excellence. Too bad Spectacular is not a core book so the writers on it don't get to make changes to status quo and there won't get wikipedia entries and therefore they won't be known by casuals.

Electro

Don't forget the Goblin also has the Stacy twins as well, further confusing the story. I just write it off as Norman being off his rocker and making various conflicting schemes.

I said 'fix Goblin timeline'. Removing Sins Past from premises is obviously a must.

>I know some might also say Venom, but I disagree with that as well because while I am a Venom fan, I personally feel his initial pre solo series story line should have been it as far as arch villaining Spider-Man goes as a one and done thing and had him stay on the "Lethal Protector" anti-hero route after that for good

Blame shitty writers who love to forget that peter impressed some of his values on the symbiote

What do you mean

>I'm not use to crazy
>use to
FUUUUUUCKING WHERE ARE THEIR EDITORS

> the goblin.

TOO TRUE.

I want him to stay in the clone body, but gradually start getting fat again as he goes back to relying on his arms to do most of the work.