Julian Assange on the brink of arrest

How the fuck are you guys not aware of this? Apparently he is speaking with a Swedish prosecuted about the rape charges. Check it out here

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l8te67f4uCg

Is it over? Will they suicide him?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/797909746997227520
youtube.com/watch?v=Khaa3y0i87s
codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/37/798
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

Does anyone know when the interview is supposed to take place?

Are we going to get to hear assange speak?

I really hope he gets out of this with his freedom.

I really do.

I want to hear him once more before he dies. A true hero if there ever was one.

Maybe he is betting on help from Trump because of the leaks on Hillary?

The Sweden prosecutor is going into the Ecuadorian embassy to take his statement. That's it. Assange isn't at risk.

They cant remove him from the embassy, makes me think they're expecting a pardon from Tump

Why are they livestreaming the building?

Is anything going to happen?

Is anyone going to make a statement?

NOT LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!1

HELP HIM!!

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I COULDN'T HATE SWEDES ANYMORE THAN I DO, YOU FUCKERS TRY TO GO AFTER AN INNOCENT MAN!!!!!!!!!

>tfw if I get killed i would leak enough to end the world

>The Sweden prosecutor is going into the Ecuadorian embassy to take his statement. That's it. Assange isn't at risk.

Good.

Can we send him some snacky cakes or something?

Only if you want it thrown away. In wikileaks AMA on leddit they said everything they send to the embassy to julie either gets thrown away or donated

not get arrested ya spazwozza

Can trump pardon him on int'l charges?

The Swedish charges are bullshit. The real threat to Assange is the risk that he will be arrested in Sweden and extradited to the US to face espionage charges for leaking those military documents in 2010, the leak that Chelsea Manning is serving time for.

what are they doing in the stream?

also, won't he be interviewed in the embassy?

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY PUTTING UP BARRIERS?!?

What did he do, look at a picture of a Swedish woman the wrong way?
>Implying Sweden has the military might to storm the bastille of the Ecuadorian Embassy

He doesn't have enough to do any of that. Remember that his main source of intel was some low level closet tranny intelligence worker drone. He only had access to the low level stuff and assange release most of it by now. He is running out along with his relevance and he knows it.

From only Sweden? Nah, think globally. WTF do you think he is hold up in the Ecuador embassy in the UK?

Why now? Butthurt?

If he steps outside the Ecuadorian embassy, he will be arrested by London police for skipping bail on the Swedish charges. He would be extradited to Sweden to "give a statement" and while he is in custody, the US will submit a request to have him extradited to the US.

He has some big insurance files and sent out some keys that were probably threats when his internet was cut, I wouldn't be so certain.

It's highly likely that hes just lying to protect himself.
It's unfair anyway, the guy who risked everything and got him those secret files, is sitting in prison totally forgotten about while all assange did was make the info he got from that guy public and took all the credit.

I understand fully now. He's like a piece of meat dodging an imperialist dog.

Not a commie I swear. Voted trump

Mate, they're just going to question him, fuck off back to Sweden and drop all accusations. They have absolutely no case against him and there is a 100% that he won't be charged.

>Maybe he is betting on help from Trump because of the leaks on Hillary?

If you think Trump will help him you clearly are a retard. Assange is wanted by the US government for revealing US war crimes in Iraq.

To add a bit more. Assange and the Swedish government both know that the rape charges are bullshit, which is why he's never been charged in either case. Sweden has to interview him as part of legal procedural before they close the case. When the case was opened, he had to post bond to make sure that he would be available for questioning later.

They've been refusing to interview him either over the internet or by coming to the Ecuadorian embassy. Both women have changed their story already, so no charges will be pressed, the Swedes just have to interview him as a procedural matter.

The Swedes, so far, haven't been willing to go to the Ecuadorian embassy to interview him because that would mean after the interview he is a free man. They need to have him in custody in order for the US to make the extradition request effectively.

That's the end game man. If this interrogation works out as it should, Assange could be a free man in less than a month.

That alone would be enough for me to feel fully compensated for my faith-based vote for Trump. Anything beyond that is just gravy and ensuring my ballot for a second term.

This. It's a sign they're giving up, not building up to something.

I don't understand this. Why can't the US just bring him up on espionage charges and extradition him to US straight from UK? Why do they need this elaborate Swedish plot

>Assange is wanted by the US government for revealing US war crimes in Iraq.
No ya dingus. He's wanted for disseminating classified information, secret information, and top secret information.

Trump will certainly have the power to decide the fate of Assange. He could pardon Assange, have the US Attorney refuse to prosecute the case, or refuse to file the extradition paperwork.

They don't. He only has to travel to any country with an extradition agreement with the US.

This is possibly the most redpilled human alive, I hope that his insurance dead man's hand is still live

meow cat edition. All the reporters freaking out

Assange has turned into a cat. What did they mean by this?

RIP Julian.

We all appreciate it.

meow

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/797909746997227520

Trump pardon incoming, obviously.

yes, this is puzzling

maybe the UK is actually less cucked in some way

I never expected the UK, of all countries, to boot have that agreement

>be julian assange
>literally locked away in a room for 4 weeks
>nothing else to do except trawl through countless leak documents
>learn the truth about everything

Is he the most redpilled human alive? How can you say anyone knows more about the current state of politics? I'm not talking about speculative philosophers, i'm talking about a guy with shit straight out of the horse's mouths

*years

Read a couple of articles about this, guys.

He's been trying to make this happen for over a year.

Being questioned by a Swedish Prosecutor means he can debunk all charges, without being able to be formally arrested and/or even extradited.

The espionage charges are already filed, btw. They're just under seal until the extradition paperwork is filed. We learned this through a Stratfor leak.

It's cleaner if they do it through the Swedes. The extradition process is a multi-year legal process, during which Assange would be free to travel within the UK. He could easily escape to Ecuador, where he already has asylum, or any other country that gives him asylum in this time. If the Swedes do it, he will be in custody the entire time.

He probably showed the prosecutes documents that would bring down the swedish government and dared them to arrest him.

He's actually be trying for years to get the Swedes to come to the embassy or question him over Skype.

Does a pardon even matter at this point? I think he's pissed off people far more powerful than the president of the united states

He'll probably get depressed after wasting his life in an embassy and blow his brains out with two different calibers in the back of the head

Has Trump ever stated he may pardon Assange or even Snowden?

From what I've seen he thinks at least Snowden should be executed. I have not heard him change his stance yet on leakers.

SAVE HIM LORD EMPEROR TRUMP!

Most exciting part of this stream so far.

Assange will be fine. I'd trust a cocaine growing fice foot Indian commie to babysit my kids, no probs.

He's never really said either way. His few comments last year about Snowden are the only time he's really spoke the on subject.

Assange was revealing more than 3 dozen countries secret information. Ironically, even Ecuador's before this Swedish rape girl thang.

How badly are sweden and the UK going to be sued if he gets out? He could probably drag swedish officials into the UN for human rights violations.

Why the fuck did he martyr himself in the first place, but instead he risked the lives on assets around the world, the spies making sure we don't get a suprise cock up our arses ala pearl harbor, 9/11 etc.

What he did was right but the wrong way. They need to censor some info for safety but instead he needed to be internet batman and be the evil that takes on other evil. No one feels sorry for batman, because his fight is his own. He put himself there and he knew full well what he was up against. He knew better than anyone.

He could have been free but he had no care for himself, which is not selfless in this case because he could do more if he was free.

Slipped off condoms halfway during sex. Like all real Aussies we don't fuck plastic bags, raw or nothing. Or we lie and slip ot off as soon as we've bent you over and you can't see.

Cool. Wikileaks can burn for all I care after they tried to influence the election. That destroyed any credibility they had.

must........... not.......... take.......... the.............. bait............

He had sex with a white swedish women and he wasn't a muslim immigrant.

>tried

:^)

How so? He's the one who sequestered himself.

CTR that just wont let it go?

Those "charges" were dropped, so...

Looks like OP is a fucking retard yet again

No, he isn't. Assange never signed any NDA/security agreement with the US government, so those laws don't apply to him directly. Several of his sources, however, DID agree to forfeit some aspects of their 1st amendment rights in exchange for security clearance, and violated their agreement and federal law by sharing that information with Assange/Wikileaks.

CTR is over ya dingus. Find another boogie man.

>How so? He's the one who sequestered himself.
UN ruled he was being illegally detained a while ago as sweden won't charge him.

Is he still in Russia?

Should I say hi to him in the office?

It's illegal to possess classified documents without the proper clearance, whether you are military or not.

>He's been trying to make this happen for over a year.
he has suggested that from the start

Everyone involved is on the DotR blacklist ;^)

Read the first amendment again, Reginald.

No they didn't and he isn't being detained. Who is allegedly detaining him? Himself, that's who. The UN was grasping at headlines again in a press release, not taking any action.

What is DotR?

Are you suggesting they did not? Wikileaks basically colluded with the Russian government to get Hillary not elected.

Those leaks probably didn't impact much. The email scandal was much worse.

If Wikileaks had just released information neutrally and it affected Hillary more, I wouldn't have cared.

I think he is still alive due to Equadorean asylum. He no doubt would of suicided with three bullets to the back of the head had he not been holed up. I'm guessing he became the public face to give some sort of legitimacy to the leaks and to be a target to allow anons to work in secret.

He's outweighed his usefulness

He got trump elected

I have no idea what your talking about, officer.

He's right. The first amendment does no apply to state secrets.

:^)

youtube.com/watch?v=Khaa3y0i87s

What has he accomplished though? He maybe got Guantanamo closed, only to be replaced by an even more secure one?

codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/37/798

The law is pretty clear on this, 18 USC 793(d) is also relevant. You can't possess classified documents if you don't have the clearance.

The Supreme Court has upheld limits on the rights of citizens when they are "reasonable restrictions."

You're forgetting that Russia also wants him.

Democrat on the Rag?

And what bad could come from them just talking to him?
Sweden goes in and drags him out breaking all kinds of laws?
UK helps Sweden and transports him to Sweden and send him to America?
CIA and FBI interviews him and tortures him?
They send him to some prison camp and tell that he killed himself?

>Julian Assange on the brink of arrest

good.

rår

We don't need him anymore. Let him fall into the eternal abyss.

You guys realise he is not a US citizen so US laws don't apply to him while he is not on US soil? That's why the bongs did not just hand him over.
If he went to sweden he feared the US would bag and gag him and fly him to the the US where he would have been charged as foreign agent or something, idk.

>released information neutrally

What does that even mean? In order to release information on Hillary, they need to wait until they have similar information on Trump? That's absurd. It's equally absurd that you apply a higher standard of objectivity to a foreign website that specializes in leaking classified information than you do the multi-billion dollar media industry in the United States.

>hurr durr, wikileaks is a soviet spy

There are two people in the world who know the source of the leak, one of them is Wikileaks and they have denied it was Russia.

At the end of the day, I care less about the source of the leak than the corruption exposed in their contents. The argument from the left seems to be that Wikileaks is interfering with our election by exposing Hillary's corruption at an inopportune time.

There are big differences between Assange and Snowden. Snowden probably needs to be punished whether you like it or not.

No the big difference is Assange is australian and Snowden is American.

Unfortunately, the US has jurisdiction because it involves US classified documents.

Snowden should be pardoned, or the Espionage Act should be amended to allow for a "public good" defense for leaking information.

Are you being for real? Trump won, and you lost spectacularly. There's nothing you can do about it.

Sensible. Would you trust anything that was donated when people want you dead? Nothing sent would get anywhere near the embassy.

Well, that's not a crime anymore, apparently. He can just claim he bumped his head and wasn't aware of how to properly handle classified information at the time.