Mystik U #2 Storytime

In which Zatanna almost gets eaten by bees.

Mr E is an asshole.

Who could it be?

Bump for anyine reading this

Thanks for bumping

It's the least I could do

Kind of lackluster ain't it?

It could be worse

Bump!

Something about this feels kind of phoned in. Like things are just kind of happening without any real emotion from characters other than Zatanna and maybe Sargon.

I like the idea though, so maybe establishing the setting serves enough purpose and it can get revisited later.

>girl getting called out for trying to pressure a guy into sex

well you don't see that every day

This comic is long as fuck

I saw this twist coming a mile away.

Yeah, even if men get raped its always portrayed as their fault.

Zatanna is desperate for Faust's D

The end.
I hope you enjoyed it.

BEES!?!?

AMAZONIAN!?!?

thanks for posting

Oh shit, THIS is actually the origin story for how Zatanna knew how to counteract that for Batman in Amazon's Attack

I'm not even sure it was supposed to be twist.

It reminds me of a syfy show called the magicians, which is fine I guess but it's missing an occultish charm.

I think part of the issue is that this is really lacking creativity, the writing is not exactly bad, but it feels like i have seen the same kind of plots hundreds of times, and i just don't mean the magic which is incredibly bland, but even the all the personal and relationship drama feels trite.

I think the relationship drama is kind of ok compared to the personal drama. They haven't done enough to build up the friendship between the girls, so Pia and Enchantress are just here doing nothing for the story.

Funny that Gotham Academy at least in the start did pretty much everything better and the characters were 5+ years younger there.

I think a lot of that has to do with the setting. The cast doesn't help but the setting dictated the cast so that we got coming of age archetypes as the cast.

>delivery bees
That is fucking terrifying.

Is Zatara dead?

Are they at least magic bees?

>(Insert Nicolas Cage joke here)

>The cast doesn't help but the setting dictated the cast so that we got coming of age archetypes as the cast.
Sure with the setting certain troops and archetypes are almost inevitable, but there is plenty of room for creative, but here the characters feel like bare bones archetypes that don't have much to differentiate them from the other many similar characters from many other similar series.