JEEEEAAAAAAAN!!!!

I read all 5 issues of Phoenix Resurrection just to keep up with major plot developments within the 616 universe. It wasn't great. You could read issue #1 and then skip to #5 to get the gist.

What I'm wondering is, did the Phoenix dig up her corps, drag it into the bubble and reanimate her flesh? Or is this story made more comprehensive with tie-ins?

I think I mean "corpse" don't I ...

If it's cape shit, it's made so you don't think about it. If you start asking questions, you're going to notice that giant glaring holes in logic.

I can accept leaps of logic. I'd just like a comprehensive story that might not necessary be good but at least feel like it wasn't a waste of time reading. I know I'm asking a lot.

WTF is going on with the artstyle. This is supposed to be the big resurrection of X-Men but they had F list artist working on it

It seemed like Jean is gonna turn into Beast

Terrible inking combined with terrible coloring.

No.
He's just turned... I don't know. I don't know what happened to him the past 5 years that has him fucked up beyond any recognition. He was alright in Hickmans Avengers shit.

the first and last issue were good, the rest was filler desu, read x-men red that will come out on Wednesday, has a beautiful artist and taylor knows how to do fun things.

I liked that the last issue was basically Jean and the Phoenix Force breaking up. Making Jean's sendoff to the PF be bittersweet was pretty interesting. Other than that though, it really could have been one giant-size issue.

The Jean Grey ongoing had older Jean acting as Younger Jean's Obi-Wan force ghost, warning her that the Phoenix Force was coming for her. That series was basically Young Jean going around the world preparing to fight the Phoenix to avoid becoming its host, climaxing with her facing off with The Phoenix...only for it to be revealed that the Phoenix actually wanted to kill Young Jean to stop her from interfering with the undisclosed plans it had with Older Jean.

It doesn't explain an awful lot, but that's as much info as you're gonna get from the tie-ins.

>last issue were good
It was pretty bad man.

If you are a cyclopfag, yes. but objectively speaking the dialogue of Jean and the concept of liberation was good.

>beautiful artist

Is that Moonboy?

is good.

Will X-men ever be good again?

Oh boy, what did Cyclops do this time.

Inking can make or break pencils, you can tell that’s what happened here

he revives, and he died again. in 1 issue, was hilarious

>was hilarious
Pissed me off so bad fucking with my Cyclops feels.

>in 1 issue
5 pages
He didn't even last a quarter of a modern issue

And was hilarious

Wow, Jean's costume really does look like garbage.

>I read all 5 issues of Phoenix Resurrection just to keep up with major plot developments within the 616 universe.
The 616 hasn't existed since 2015. Everything afterwards is poor fanfiction.

will Laura ever have a sexy costume design and proper artist again?

Sad Phoenix :(

>You could read issue #1 and then skip to #5 to get the gist
you could read 2 pages from issue 1 and half the last issue and get all the story
>the first and last issue were good
they were bad, relevant to the story but really bad.

those pictures you responded to were'nt even by yu you idiot

So Phoenix won't be making any more appearance in the near future?

Probably not on earth. It possessed Thane in space a few months ago so possibly in more comic stories I'd say.

I'm a Cyclops fan and I think it was well done. Loved those pages.

Didnt enjoy the mini series but loved the last issue. I think it would have worked better as a giant sized issue instead of a 5 issues long mini-series.

I'm sure it will read way better in trade

Man, they've really committed to the whole "it's all the phoenix's fault" bullshit haven't they? That flaming bird has dropped everything time and again to unfuck the mutant's situation and they keep on fucking it over, don't they?

It was just boring.

I felt that "Jean in the egg" scenes did have nice horror wibes, with things being on fire out of her field of view and whatnot.
Could somebody storytime it again?

>I'm a Cyclops fan and I think it was well done. Loved those pages.
I agree but I think many of the fans of Rightclops wanted him back for more "Just as planned" hijinks with Emma Frost

I give it five years tops before she becomes Phoenix again and people act like she never had control of it before and in fact nobody's ever been able to control it ever.

Ehh it was ok. Could be shorter tbqh. I really liked this moment

Who is this guy?

This counter the omega level telepath

It's weird people think that was actually Cyke and not the Phoenix doing shit.

did the jean grey tie ins explain like, how Rachel was totally fine with the force or anything? no didnt think so

with disney acquiring x-men movie rights, im hoping that they will have marvel give the love to x-men again, now that the inhumans are getting shelved. maybe we will see the late 80's early 90s X-renesance? just dont have 10 x titles a month please

My bad. I thought the entire thing was done by Yu.

It might take a while to turn the helm of the ship, but so far it has been just as mediocre as last year.

i stopped reading x-men with the death of wolverine. it had already been bad for years, and that was just the final straw. the x-men were always my favorite, i hope they can get back to how they were
by the way, i heard he came back a few months ago, but i havent seen him since, aside from 1 issue where he had like 1 page in it driving a beer truck, whats going on with him?

Nobody knows, he mysteriously comes back through unknown power, seemed to have his healing power back and snikt'd some jobber frost giant. Since then he made some cameo appearances in bars, crowds, etc on other comics issues, but has literally done nothing.

Death of Wolverine is not that big of a deal because Marvel literally have 3 versions of him running on each of the current Marvel team. There's the X23 Laura Wolverine, Old Man Logan and Dacen (wolverine son from alternate universe) so its not like Marvel have the real balls to kill their Sniktkino comics

also Daken.

the series about Wolverine coming back starts in like April i think?

ah, k. i plan on reading whatever hes in when he comes back, but i only check in on Sup Forums once a month or so and look for an x-men thread to see whats current.
i just hope when hes back, its just him, im fine with laura, she can go back to being x-23 or just laura, and i hope to god they dont put wolverine on the avengers again