So every year around this time of year, we like to dress up as Zwarte Piet (which translates into 'Black Dick')...

So every year around this time of year, we like to dress up as Zwarte Piet (which translates into 'Black Dick'), a happy dumb clown nigger who hands out candy and presents to all the good kids, and who's out to get all bad kids and put them in his giant bag, while his employer, (a white pimp called Sinterklaas) rides along on a majestic white horse.

But now all these fucking immigrants are trying to get rid of our tradition.
Calling it "racist".

I hope Trump can put an end to this!

Other urls found in this thread:

vlaamswoordenboek.be/definities/term/piet
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ud_io_FFX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's pretty fucking racist imo.

Verdoemde Kaffers

>I hope Trump can put an end to this!
Nigger what the fuck.

It doesnt translate to dick you dork Piet = Peter.

Anti racists should be happy. It's just white people seeing what it's like to walk in the shoes of some negro slaves. That way we stay in contact and learn how bad our ways were.

>Zwarte Piet (which translates into 'Black Dick')
I approve this meme

It's supposed to be ash from the chimneys I think. Nothing to do with our blackface.

Not that I give a shit about the traditions of a non-country.

They whine about Zwarte Piet/Père Fouettard being racist for decades now, nobody cares about what they think.

On a side note, as far as I'm concerned I would prefer if they went back to the original pic related.

See, this well integrated bongobong agrees.
He's an example for all immigrants.

>Non-Country

I wasn't aware Germany (the birthplace of the tradition) wasn't a real country

I always thought zwartpiet is black because of the soot in the chimneys

Peter also means dick.

Real countries have beachfront property bb

In Belgium it actually does directly translate into Dick or Penis.

In Flemish; a 'Piet' is a synonym for 'Penis/Dick'
vlaamswoordenboek.be/definities/term/piet

>being Dutch
>not having the extra dimension of hilarity every year when everyone is having serious debates about 'Black Dick'
I feel bad for your, son

Why dont you just call it krampus like the normal people
also thats a religious festival, what are they, fascists?

I'm German, I can't stand your gibberish for even a few minutes without laughing.

Zwarte Piet is black because when you go farther and farther back, he was a demon captured and turned repentant by Saint Nicholas.

He was also the creature in charge of punishing disobedient children; one of the reasons they (Saint and Pete) live in Spain is because of the Dutch-Spanish war and parents threatening their kids that they'll be dragged away to Spain if they don't behave; one of the reason Pete looks like he does is because of the age old propaganda of the Spanish being swarthy Moorish fuckers.

I'll explain in short:

The folklore dates back to before slavery, when the figure was a dark creature representing evil (also see Krampus)
Over the past few centuries though, it got closely related to a racist view on black people.
In the past, let's say 60 years or so, people have distanced themselves from the racist aspects of it, which was never really the point of the folklore.
Zwarte Piet getting black because of the soot in the chimneys was one of the attempts to justify or explain the figure of zwarte Piet. But it doesn't hold up, since you can't really explain why he also gets curly black hair and big red lips because of the chimneys.

The reason this debate gets so heated is because nobody growing up with this tradition, links it to racism. Zwarte Piet is the cool guy. All children love him. He's not being portrait in a derogatory manner.
His appearance however, is classic blackface.

And Dick is short for Richard. Still works.

Its not much about the Spaniards themselves being swarthy but that they were raided by North-West-African pirates in the middle ages.

>Black dude
>Paints his face extra black for being Zwarte Piet

based

Interesting, thank you, I've never understood why niggers pretend to get upset when white people make their faces black, they just can't shake their crippling victim complex.

Coincidentally, I picked up a woman via blablacar (ride-sharing app).
She was born in Aruba.
Since Aruba is a Dutch colony, they also celebrate the Sinterklaas folklore. She told me that out there, the Zwarte Pieten are painted really really black and are evil.
They actually run after children, trying to get them.

In the song, that is indeed what he does, with bad children, but in Belgium and The Netherlands, the people playing Zwarte Piet are always nice and hand out candy.
Apparently in Aruba, they do it differently.
She told me that Zwarte Piet was traumatic for her as a kid, and that when they came, children were crying on the schoolyard out of fear, lol.

Based Aruba.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ud_io_FFX0

He's black because he was a Moorish pirate come to steal Dutch children who was subsequently enslaved by St Nick. They live most of the year in Spain then come to the Netherlands for Christmas.

Typical Belgians: stupid to a counterproductive level.
For any non-Belgian: this is how NOT to be effective.

The fuck you blabbing about, cheesy?

Fuck off retarded belgians
Mind your own bussiness don't touch our zwarte piet

First off, zwarte Piet is just as much my nigga as it is yours.
Second, it's YOUR immigrants who started this protest bullshit years ago. Our are just starting to catch up on it recently, instigated by your migrants you fucks can't contain.