X-Men blue did NOTHING wrong. Not a single bad issue...

X-Men blue did NOTHING wrong. Not a single bad issue, and it turned the O5 from literal shit to characters I'm interested in. excluding angel and iceman, of course

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atDXtvo6hIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actually it was pretty mediocre, at best, but you have the right to your own opinion.

It's okay if you like dumb shit, OP. No one here's going to judge you.

youtube.com/watch?v=atDXtvo6hIg

es just ok

Given how crappy X-Titles have become, you gotta cling to anything I suppose.

Wrong

maybe

I like it. Bunn broke up Romeo and Icetwink

I think it is because of the timing and who has created that idea (bendis).

Not to mention that people hated Jean grey (Which, I like her character because she is actually fun and crazy) and iceman for being gay tokon.

>literal shit to characters I'm interested in

well, it took years to bring them down to your level. take that however you like.

I partially agree with OP and even I think he's blowing smoke up the O5's asses.

Yes, this is probably the best ever depiction of the O5, but that just means that they've been dragged up from the latest terrible creative decision in a long list of terrible creative decisions Marvel's made with the X-Men, to just barely above passable. They're alright. Most of the team are barely characters (Jimmy Hudson exists solely to fill the Wolverine quota of the book), and most of the narrative focus in terms of character relationships is given solely to retreading the Scott and Jean love story once again, it's just *okay*. Even Cullen Bunn seems to be aware of how little mileage he's getting out of the characters, if the team shake-ups that're gonna be happening soon are any indication.

Red will save the day since Ashtonishing isn’t. Don’t worry, y’all.

>Literally the worst X-Men team of the decade
>Saving anything

What will Marvel do once Red tanks?

no, i meant that the other x-men were brought down so they can present the O5.

protip: it's hot garbage

That cover looks like shit though.

>watch Jean turn people gay and win literally every single fight and argument she's in: the series

It was shit, bro

Who's the new team? It keeps Jimmy, right, but it's got Xorn, Polaris, Daken?

And Bloodstorm and a new mutant from Madripoor called Gazing Nightshade

It made Jean the leader because muh “strung female character” while shitting on Cyclops at every turn. Seriously, why do all the X-Men books need to have female leaders? Teen Jean, Kitty Pryde, and now Old Jean. When are we going to get Rightclops back?

I like the subplot about White Beast and how he keeps abusing magic to make his life easier

this book could've easily transitioned into an exiles book

Woah, the book by Soule turned out to be overhyped? The author of such hit books like Death of Wolverine and IvX didn‘t deliver a fantastic book? Well shit. Better now hype up the guy who‘s been writing complete white noise in his X-23 book for the last few years. I bet he‘ll fix everything now.

Jean Grey was the best x-book

Notice how Cyclops who was leader of Xmen and in a position of authority is always shitted on these days. Wolvrine who was super masculine anti auhtority now acts like a little bitch nu male all the time. Marvel hates men

Oh so it was that time again. Like back when Cable and X-Force was the only barely readable title in the line.You know a franchise is in a bad spot whenever Hopeless is writing „the best“ book.

I sometimes forgot Bobby was on this fucking team. Holy shit did he do anything besides crack jokes and maybe once or twice remind the audience he was gay?

>Seriously, why do all the X-Men books need to have female leaders?
I'm not sure, but isn't that most every current Marvel team? The cuckery's been off the charts for some time.

My only real problem with Blue is Cyclops being a total spineless bitch and letting Jean lead. Fuck Marvel for doing it just for trendy le strong female kicking ass points. They killed Adult Cyclops now they had to rip out what was remaining of Tyke’s balls?
This. Also in Astonishing the de facto leaders seem to be Rouge and Betsy. Hopefully Xavier takes over though.

I agree with you but I think Jimmy is there for a different reason.

Bunn wrote him in the Ultimate Universe in that story where they revealed his mom is Magneto's ex wife and that he was crucial to Mothervine.

Oh god, is not like Storm was the leader of Claremont's X-Men while Dani Moonstar was the leader of the New Mutants

I think not even Bunn likes them that much

While Cyclops was the leader of X-Factor

I don't think any of the writers like them, they just sold well because x-men fans are battered housewives.

They sell well? I can see Blue selling well but Hopeless' All New X-Men?? People liked that? They liked the x-men dancing on a parking lot?

What they need to do is what Claremont did: Start a new book with new characters but the same themes and iconography.
And by "new characters" I don't mean alternate, time traveling, or "next generation" versions of existing characters. I mean NEW mutants who aren't legacies or whatever that new audiences can latch on to.

>terrible premise
>insufferable character
>Champions tier dialog
>Scott not submitting to /ss/

It did nothing right

>Death of Wolverine and IvX
>marvelfag complaining about writers
>only read Marvel

X-men has a long history of having female led books, newfag

25 years of this is why we've sunk so low.
>It's not that bad!
>It did nothing wrong!
It's mediocre BS that has no reason to exist.
It's the sort of X-book that only seems "not bad" when judged on the rest of the line and the rest of Marvel in general.

The new lineup is quite possibly the single shittiest X-Men team ever created. I'd rather read about the Eve of Destruction team over them.

Marvel has a wealth of existing mutants though. I hate to admit it but maybe its time to let the students to graduate and the veterans retire. After all, there have been how many new "classes" of young mutants who are stuck in the student slot, despite having been through enough to warrant being a full fledged X-Man.

The only good thing about X-Men blue is Venom

I like Jean being jealous of Bloodstorm and Scott thinking that that Ororo is super hot.

But that alone isnt enough

Lol yeah, I'm sure they had that in mind when they decided to have Jean and Kitty as leads. Well and teen Jean so far, I never really count them. Nothing to do with CURRENT YEAR, no sir.

>hating on based Lorna

evil Emma tho

>i don't know what i'm talking about: the post

you are shit, bro

Carey had Rogue as the leader for like 5-6 years.

Claremont from Dark Phoenix Saga to Mutant Genesis had Storm as the leader, except during the issues that Storm leaves the team for a while (Lifedeath II and Fall of the Mutants).

Lobdell had Storm as the leader as well.

Gen X had female leaders like Husk and M.

New Mutants had Dani Moonstar as leader. Under Claremont and DnA.

New Mutants v2 had Windrider as leader and then Noriko.

Even Dark X-Men did, with Emma Frost.

And I’m sure Kitty lead some missions back during Claremont’s era, around Secret Wars II, but I’m not so sure.

Hell, evil sexy Moira acted as a kind of leader for the Muir Island X-Men after the Outback era.

Lorna's a terrible fucking character. The only thing saving her from being the worst is that Daken, Jimmy Hudson, Bloodstorm and Bunn's literally who OC are also on the team. It's fucking sad when the least offensive character of the group is Xorn.

This is another thing. I don't care if it's Bunn's own idea or editorial forcing him to do it but making Emma into a villain after 25 years of not being one pisses me off immensely.

Seriously man, of all the books you're trying to use to complain about muh ebul SJWs, you decide to use the fucking X-Men?

It seems that the new Blue line up will be going against Emma and Claudine (plus Bastion, Shaw and Havok).

Maybe there’s still hope and she is not full evil

Almost sure Storm had to share leadership a few times during her timeWith Nightcrawler, Magnus etc, but true. New Mutants kinda had Dani bashing heads with Sam. I think during Secret Wars II Kitty was with the New Mutants, but I'd have to check that as well. You forgot Claremont had Rogue lead them for a while, too.

Not saying the X-Men never had female leaders, but looking at late Marvel, can you REALLY say there's no agenda there? Hell, killing off Scott was very likely part of it because he was too alpha to be on a backseat.

>making Emma into a villain after 25 years of not being one
Damn, it's been that long.

Say what you will about Claremont for instance, at least when he was writing all that "social commentary", at least it flowed naturally. Hard to tell if it ever was an agenda.
Except maybe for a fetish agenda.

I'd say Bloodstorm is the least offensive aside from Lorna. At least Lorna isn't Havok.

I dont have a problem with Bloodstorm, she even has a nice powerset with that whole “ghost” thing.

Her friendship with Scott is fun too

I def remember issues where Nightcrawler was trying to be leader and failing. Magneto was in charge of the New Mutants.

>Damn, it's been that long.
Arguably longer than that even now that I think about it. She was still shady and morally ambiguous but started moving away from full-on villainy around the time the New Mutants joined the Massachusetts Academy which was the mid-'80s. By the time the Hellions were killed (1991) she wasn't much of a villain anymore. Phalanx Covenant was 1993. Even if you want to say that you can't consider her a hero until that story she was created in 1980. She's a character that's close to 40 years old and nearly 3/4 of that time has been spent as a good guy. Trying to make her a villain is as dumb as when they tried to do it to Black Cat.

Thanks god they backtracked with that full villain costume

YOU HAVE IT PRECISELY BACKWARDS

It's bad but not nearly as bad as Gold.

Why didn't Scott and Laura just fug

I don't want to start a new thread so I am asking here

Would it be character assasination for Emma Frost to fuck Empath?

I say that because he is her former student, and she must be like a decade older than him.
I can't remember any relationship in comics between a 33 years old woman and a 23 years old man (that's my guesstimate for their ages)

Empath was 20 in 2009 and Emma was 27 in the Morrison run, like 2003
Since then we have had two 8 months skips, one before Secret Wars, one after Secret Wars.

their hatefucking, teacher roleplaying, bdsm dominatrix stuff, mommy stuff, and use of their powers during sex would be awesome

and more recent

Empath has probably fucked Maddie Pryor more times than Scott

Bloodstorm is offensive on basic principle. I hate, HATE having alternate reality versions of characters around when they're not needed. Nobody needed Vampire Storm in the 616 when we already have Storm same as we don't need twenty different Wolverines running around especially now that the real Wolverine is back.

Well if she's willing to fuck Namor, I don't see why not.

How is she not a villain "anymore"? She brainwashed the whole planet with Cyclops shit that wasn't real at all and instigated a dumb literal race war.

Even when she's "good," she's always portrayed as big titty seductress telepath who's in it for her own gain.

Gold is just “muh nostalgia”

It started the tidal wave of Juggernaut Jobbing through books.

I tried to read Jean Grey but the dialogue made me want to kill people. Is X-men Blue at least readable?

That "race war" was completely justified. Mutants had JUST come back from the verge of extinction only to go right back thanks to the Inhumans unleashing a biological weapon without thinking of the consequences then watching as they and the entire superhero community did nothing to help them and in fact actively tried to stop them from doing anything to get rid of the Terrigen clouds. Meanwhile the one person she actually cared about more than herself gave his life investigating the cloud and couldn't even get a heroic death out of it and instead was villified and held up as one of the world's greatest villains for... trying to stop an unleashed bioweapon from killing his entire species.

The only bad thing about her war against the Inhumans is that she was unable to finish the job.

Shouldve been called Exiles, especially since Jimmy and Bloodstorm are part of the team.

I'm actually decently hyped for the new Blue team. I like Daken and I like Jimmy.

I really can't imagine how anyone could have been on the Inhumans side. Mutants are going to literally die if the X-men don't win.

Xmen need to get rid of the young 05, Jimmy Wolverine, Vampire Storm. and Old Man Wolverine

it could have been better. I still like the 05 no matter what other people say. i want them to stay in 616 forever because i like them

i think the problem is they dont explore the characters at all in the book. Jean grey and cyclops have their usual bullshit, completely overlooking bendis's approach to their relationship- IE completely fucked by foreknowledge. Bunn completely ignores that for more gray/summers shipping. alternate wolverine is completely unexplored, especially his reaction to this new world. Bunn never takes the time to explore these characters and how they interact with the world

vampire storm is fine, the rest are characters that would've lasted a single issue back in the day.

I can't remember if he's said anything. At least Alt!Beast has his dumbshit magic to add something to the plot and character. Iceman has always been nothing to x-men. hes completely boring. Even making him gay is still uninteresting because its handled terribly and there's nothing to his character. Hes an empty gay robot that becomes ice

When has Xavier ever been competent? He's failed at everything thanks to marvel editorial. Cyclops constantly fucks up, jean has phoenix bullshit, beast is doing magic for some weird ass reason, iceman is boring, altwolverine is boring and an idiot. this team is completely fucked by the writer. To me this team is a goldmine.

We have Cyclops, terrified by a future version of himself that goes against everything he believes in but he eventually realizes is completely right about the state of the world. Jean Grey who is astounded by what she does in this timeline and is now more proactive about ensuring she controls her powers. beast who realizes that science never got him anywhere in this reality except a furry costume turns to magic. iceman becomes gay, but i cannot think of a single interesting thing he adds to the team besides spider-quips

Hopless's writing is flash and smoke, its wrapped in Whedon-esque teen dialogue that destroys immersion in the characters. His plots are interesting but like Slott he never fully embraces them or explores them

Waid does not know how to write teen dialogue, His plots in champions are boring and he can barely keep the characters on track

I hate marvel editorial every day for not having them fuck each others brains out. they deserve each other much more than scott/jean or laura/warren

>Mutants are going to literally die if the X-men don't win.
I agree. X-Men team cuck (read: Storm's) was content with just evacuating the whole planet, breaking families apart to save the however many mutants left. It took a niglett to die from smallpox right in front of her for Storm to change her mind.

The whole story could've been great if Marvel just double down and portray the Inhumans as what they are, heel faced, facist monarch and villains with absentee lanlord of a king and a whore queen. Nobody likes the Inhumans anyway. The X-Men are the strongest team in Marvel universe, they had several Omega level planet destroying team members at their disposal and Magneto alone could just drop an asteroid on top of the Inhuman city to wipe them out. Marvel could even add Captain Marvel and Kamala's facist youth brigade to the Inhuman team for good measure. We could've gotten some really cool fight scenes and powerlevel fights we haven't seen in decades since Onslaught was a thing.

The way IvX ends was really disappointing. So what if Emma Frost tricked people with fake memory? It didn't stop the fact that thousands innocent of mutants got gassed to death from the Inhuman's indifference. Suddenly 90% of the X-Men back to being cool with Inhumans, Cap Marvel, and the rest of the superheroes who turned a blind eye to their plight

I mean, I can relate, but considering some of the 616 characters there are fucking Daken and Xorn, at least Bloodstorm has potential to do fun stuff with her powers. Wouldn't mind her going back to her home planet though, at this point if regular Storm had some residual vampire ability it would be just another footnote.

Unrelated, but I'm so tired of them puhing Namor into the X-Men. Just have him on the Avengers, with the F4 when they come back, the real Defenders, whatever. He's just out of place here.

>Say what you will about Claremont for instance, at least when he was writing all that "social commentary", at least it flowed naturally. Hard to tell if it ever was an agenda.

Yes, Kitty Pryde calling Lionel Ritchie the n-word was super natural.

I agree with you that Claremont's "relevent" comics were written better than, say Lady Thor, but he was super heavy-handed, too.

I really like Bloodstorm

She's been a major power house for the Blue team

Subtle as a hippo, yeah. But it was more of a "don't be an intolerant dick" rather than "[Insert group] POWER! YAAAAS!".

I mean, it was a different situation. If I recall Lionel's friends beat up Xavier on the same issue or something.

is x-men blue the one with the love triangle of o5 jean/beast/cyclops or is that astonishing?

I also gotta add, that panel you posted becaue it's Kitty FUCKING Pryde at her best. She may get a lot of shit becaue of waifuism, but back then one of the fun things about her was that she took shit from no one, despite being regarded a "innofensive". That was around the time she tells the Beyonder what a shit he is.

*that panel you posted works