Mythology Talk

The battle of Horus and Set version.

Since there was a neat thread about Egyptian Mythology and "Westernizing" deities, I'll open another thread and open it to Egyptian and other mythologies.

Previous discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k2mFvwDTTt0
imgur.com/a/tdj0X
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Family Picture.

I'll do more tomorrow.

good lord what have you done to Set's nose? why does he have an elephant's trunk?

Wonderful stuff, Squiddy!

Perhaps we can get some more art of Anu interacting with a Pharoah and some peasants?

I forgot to mention that my headcanon of a "Westernized" Egyptian mythology is that the Egyptian Gods are like celebrities to the Egyptian people. That's the kind of interaction I'm thinking of.

Why is Osiris a female mermaid?

Osiris just has a somewhat androgynous body, but still obviously a male.

>Osiris has a more effeminate face and fuck-me eyes than Isis
delet this

No, not really.

OP should try to honour the Egyptian artstyle a bit more, this is just more tumblr cancer.

I don't see any issue here. This artist is taking the Egyptian aesthetic and is intentionally making it more westernized and cartoon-y. That's the entire point here.

Bumping this lovely thread

Because tumbrl cant into mythology and doesn't know a basic facts.

You’re one petty dude.

I don't know what you mean by westernizing. The fundamentals of Egyptian culture/myth can already be distinctly connected to other existing outside groups from the same time (and they were, with Greeks, Caananites, etc, even back then). Perhaps you mean modernizing (by our current standards), which is entirely different. Not that I wish to imply that Egyptians themselves didn't modernize and change things slightly in different regions and periods.

OP’s terminology for “westernizing” is designing them as cartoon characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=k2mFvwDTTt0

Those broken arms tick me off

>Osiris alive (i. e. not represented as a mummy with an Atef crown)
>with Horus being around
Delete this

It’s an ant eater’s snout....Might have drawn it a bit longer than it supposed to be.

>When you realize that Osiris and Isis were actually siblings in some interpretations and made a fuckin bird and dog when they fucked.

>Not the actual style of the wall art
>Already said that this thread is westernizing/cartooning gods/goddesses
>”I don’t like this style. Fucking tumblr reeee”

Thanks for your brilliant input.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant drawing the Egyptian gods as cartoon characters. I don’t mean this into a deeper meaning, it’s just a lot of fun to draw gods/goddesses!

It's a Set animal.

Nobody knows what a Set animal is. It doesn't look like any other animal depicted in Egyptian art.

There are people who think that it may depict an extinct animal unknown to zoology. Any possible animal that it might be is actually depicted differently in Egyptian art.

Hey OP, can you do what I requested ()? It might be fun for you.

I feel retarded. Meant to reply to this ()

Err... The other way 'round.

Why does Set look like Cyril Sneer?

It’s ok! I get whatcha mean! I’ll see if I can. I won’t be able to do any drawings until tonight so hopefully this thread won’t go down.

Age of Mythology already did it. Those artists did a great job.

What did you think of tale of the dragon, user?

I thought it was OKAY. Not great, not terrible. Unfortunately all the new myth units aren't great, except maybe the vermilion bird.

Hopefully. I'm subbed to ya on tumblr anyway, so take your time.

Anyone like Gaulish or other Celtic Dieties like Cernunnos or Nantosuelta?

At least they tried to keep it close, but they fucking failed in the campaign. The main character is an Arkantos chink recolor.
And yes, the Chinese myth units suck.

Now for AoE 4, I just have to say
>Relic Entertainment

Relic did ok with Company of Heroes. At least, the first one.

So maybe?

Cu Chulainn is best boy.

I hope you enjoy this sensational contribution on behalf of a curious admirer.
imgur.com/a/tdj0X

>When you realize that Osiris and Isis were actually siblings in some interpretations and made a fuckin bird and dog when they fucked.
Technically the Egyptians were aware that their gods didn't actually look the way they represented them, otherwise stuff like Thoth wouldn't be depicted as both a baboon and an ibis-headed person

The gods' designs in TotD were alright (the major gods actually look amazing though), but there were a few misses
>Sun Wukong looking like a power character rather than an agile trickster
>Yellow Emperor looking evil and rather stereotypical
>Ao Guang is just a weird fat scaley dragon with a moustache
>Xi Wangmu's arms and neck

bump

HELL
FUCKING
YES

I’m very pleased!

This was the real reason why I lurk these threads.

The Morrigan is a really interesting goddess. Being either 3 goddesses or 3 goddesses in one. I read a book who talked about celtic deities and they said that they were like nature, always changing and that Gaul found that making statue of gods ,like the Roman did, absurd.