Sup Forums WEEKEND VOICE ACTING/VOICEOVER VOCAROO THREAD!

Sup Forums WEEKEND VOICE ACTING/VOICEOVER VOCAROO THREAD!
ITT: Anons and Femanons Record Comics & Cartoon-related Material for myriad reasons
EVERYBODY:

Do Requests, read whatever is up here, or find things in the links to practice
Post scripts, comic dialogue, panels, pages or text you would like to hear read.
Post requests for things you want to read
Give good, constructive feedback to those who ask for it.
Ask for advice from VA's if they appear
Give advice if you have it
Have fun!

Most Importantly,
BUMP THIS THREAD TO KEEP IT GOING!

Other urls found in this thread:

monologuearchive.com/
genericradio.com/
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
whysanity.net/
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8
pastebin.com/J9fR015E
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j
vocaroo.com/i/s0DTZN31fUZq
vocaroo.com/i/s1jP2LvSWCcQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0tNUztSpv9g
pastebin.com/CV86rFZ9
vocaroo.com/i/s0FlLlc2c3rB
vocaroo.com/i/s0DpxHnG3PFF
vocaroo.com/i/s0onhf5DqmFH
vocaroo.com/i/s03eNt3XWFYf
vocaroo.com/i/s0bZWzSHVCj8
vocaroo.com/i/s0bGKsiqOuWg
vocaroo.com/i/s0kuCatPvn85
vocaroo.com/i/s1mkgNs3HESa
vocaroo.com/i/s0MmntUB9ExD
vocaroo.com/i/s0EKbCTMadxU
vocaroo.com/i/s1kIqf0fdAKz
vocaroo.com/i/s1HQrnrwLfev
vocaroo.com/i/s0Np6fhE5cdn
youtube.com/watch?v=oiqJv_uikKc
vocaroo.com/i/s18aY3CvN8iX
vocaroo.com/i/s08h0EHXeDdy
vocaroo.com/i/s1EJ9Da1F28r
vocaroo.com/i/s0kuMqQUtBL3
vocaroo.com/i/s1dq6uWDFLzx
youtube.com/watch?v=dEIqSBqY_uo
youtube.com/watch?v=37w96lUcjmY
youtube.com/watch?v=FY_F50UpR7Q
vocaroo.com/i/s1okdRNPYum2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last thread: Gone but not forgotten! It was great and I know there are still things from it people like.

SOURCE LINKS

ONE SOURCE FOR "WATCHMEN" QUOTES
www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/4358649-watchmen

MONOLOGUE ARCHIVE
There are a whole lot of dramatic monologues for men and women here. Comedic stuff too.
monologuearchive.com/

GENERIC RADIO WORKSHOP SCRIPT ARCHIVE
genericradio.com/
Welcome to the Generic Radio Workshop's online repository of scripts from the Golden Age of Radio: the original and largest collection of radio transcripts on the World Wide Web.

OLD TIME RADIO RESEARCHERS GROUP
otrr.org/pg06a_scripts.htm
Original radio scripts have been archived for the following shows.

GREAT SOURCE FOR MONOLOGUES
whysanity.net/

SUPERHERO MONOLOGUES FROM WHYSANITY
pastebin.com/bW4dWiV8

RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE (Marvel v. DC)
pastebin.com/J9fR015E

OLDER RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE
pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ

FSA's DRAMA bin
pastebin.com/U12x7j1L

Supervillainess Marriage Proposal (Female Script)
pastebin.com/UGw9MM7c

Supervillain marriage proposal (Male Script)
pastebin.com/B9S1k68j

Sexy funny comic strips to record.
www.oglaf.com

There are those who say vocaroo is anathema to anyone with VA aspiration. Vocaroo is mono and simple and free but mono. Something else you can do for free for better audio quality:

1. Get Audacity from Soundforge so you can record and edit on your PC
2. Get an account on an audio hosting site with better sound quality. Chirbit and Soundgasm and even others, since this is SFW stuff mostly.
3. Upload to your audio site and post link
4. Everybody is happy.

You know how Mr. J is when he gets the idea for some scene he wants to pull. Well he told us it was time for our performance reviews and got all dressed up in his Wall Street Suit and handed us file folders. Now, I waited a bit before I opened mine up. You NEVER be the first person to open a container Mr J hands out. NEVER. Nobody got punched, gassed, punch or poisoned right off the bat, so I opened mine up. It's done in crayon, of course, but the categories were all like, "funniness" "Ability to take a punch," Ability to take a joke," Abliltiy to take a joke about a punch," and then there was this summary. "You are doing fairly well in categories 3 and 4 but you need to maximize your potential in the other 8" I don't remember much more of it, because it turned into confetti. But what kind of performance reviews do other villains do?

I'm at peace, and tranquil, quoting mantra's with class,
So I can stay focused, and centered, while I'm kicking your ass,
My soul is a weapon, and my style's legit,
I will Azarath, Metrion, and Zinthos your shit,
I out-rap and out-rhyme any who come within my grasp,
and finish, with sarcasm-laden sexy, vocal rasp,
If you think you can beat me, you're in for a switch,
You might think that you're bad, but I'm an evil demon-bitch

If this falls, I'll try again later.

Any suggestions for someone with a deep voice?

Prompt

Mongol King You lay upon the blood-soaked dirt of your ruined land. Castles plundered. Dominions in ruin. Servants destroyed. All to end the hellfire with which you sought to cover the world. A bloody conquest having slaughtered hundreds of thousands. Countless kingdoms razed to the ground. And over 40 Million butchered and mutilated by you and you alone to strike horror into the hearts of mortal men. What say you, monster, demon, devil conceived by the bleakest womb? WHAT SAY YOU NOW!?

I'll attempt this later on. Hope you like deep, nerdy, nasily voices

vocaroo.com/i/s0DTZN31fUZq

I, too, am a man of culture.

Has anyone recorded any webcomic monologues or strips? Other than oglaf

>Mongol King
>king
>not khan
also, a HU abridged ref? fuck off

Probably, so post whatever you want to hear.

It was just something an user posted on a previous thread. And if he was addressed by a westerner, he could have been called what the westerner saw him as. And what the fuck is HU?

Finally got around to Raven. Held the mic too close but this was the best take so whatever.

vocaroo.com/i/s1jP2LvSWCcQ

>vocaroo.com/i/s1jP2LvSWCcQ
Word!

and

How does one learn to do voices?
I have a hard time doing impressions because no matter what I always still sound like myself, possibly because my voice is naturally very deep?

For balance and a bump.

Listen to only one accent for awhile. Watch a lot of British, Scottish, Irish or Australian TV and pick one. Then look up pronunciation guides and PRACTICE

Also, you really don't know how you sound until you listen to your recorded voice. Because your voice echos through your body and head and hits your ears from the inside as well. Recording your voice will tell you how you sound to others. Lemme tell you, the first time I heard a tape of my radio show, I thought I sounded like I was on helium. It changed how I use my voice forever.

>Also, you really don't know how you sound until you listen to your recorded voice.
I just did a recording of my voice and I sound like I'm breathing whatever the opposite of helium is, I have one hell of a baritone.

I tried to make my voice as high as possible and it was still kind of deep and obviously male ( I had been trying to sound female.)
I also tried to make my voice even deeper and it became so low it was basically unintelligible

This is my normal speaking voice
vocaroo.com/i/s0tNUztSpv9g

Okay, I don't have a very deep voice, so I can sound a little like a female sometimes, Just by raising my pitch, but I have no need to do that.

I couldn't sustain it for very long also.

>vocaroo.com/i/s0tNUztSpv9g
A lot of people can do falsetto women as parody. Think about all those Monty Python characters.
In this doc pastebin.com/CV86rFZ9
The last bit is about breathing and sounding more sultry.

As your your sample, I think you have the volume up which creates distortion, or are using a cheap mic, which cuts out a lot of bass tones.

GLOSSARY: TERMS FOR SPEAKING ABOUT VOICE

Volume – relative loudness of voice
Pitch – relative highness or lowness of voice
Rate – speed at which you talk
Pauses – small breaks carefully timed for impact, but not too many vocalized pauses like 'er' and 'um'
Vocal Variety – VV refers to changes in volume, pitch, rate, and pauses, and is crucial to making your voice lively and animated. This is one of the main ways to differentiate between reading and performing.
Pronunciation – words should be pronounced correctly and articulated distinctly
SFX- sound effects including slaps kissing sucking etc...
Accent/dialect – regional variations of inflection

vocaroo.com/i/s0FlLlc2c3rB

Prompt

Mongol King You lay upon the blood-soaked dirt of your ruined land. Castles plundered. Dominions in ruin. Servants destroyed. All to end the hellfire with which you sought to cover the world. A bloody conquest having slaughtered hundreds of thousands. Countless kingdoms razed to the ground. And over 40 Million butchered and mutilated by you and you alone to strike horror into the hearts of mortal men. What say you, monster, demon, devil conceived by the bleakest womb? WHAT SAY YOU NOW!?

>vocaroo.com/i/s0tNUztSpv9g
Several things here: you forcing your voice like all fuck. Relax and rehearse the copy you've chosen. When reading it, don't focus on sputtering the words out -- make them flow. You need to "lift" the words off of the paper rather than reading them. You have a nice sounding voice (or I can only assume you would because you seem to be clenching your diaphragm and anus for some reason) but you need to let it be a real voice.

Read this greentext. Don't try anything fancy; just read this like you would if you were reading it to a friend, or how it sounds in your head. Give it color, but try to keep it mostly conversational.

>"Whether it’s cash, gold, or digital bits, we all know that money makes the world go round. And what that money is worth depends on trust. Trust that the engines that power it all won’t fail. For the first time, National Geographic is going to take you inside the system. Places that you’re not allowed to bring a camera – straight into the vaults of the world’s largest stash of what you want, need, and bust your butt to get – money. One of the places that truly controls money is the central bank of the United States – the Federal Reserve. They count it, store it, move it, inflate it, deflate it, destroy, stabilize, lend and buy it…and make a profit off of it. But above all, they protect it."

Your energy is spot-on at times but could be improved in others. Not professional quality, but you can be taught. Aside from some basic things like enunciation at certain parts, you seem to still get it. Clear up your speech, try to end some sentences with lower inflections. A coach would have a ton of fun with you.

That rap lacked flow, but not you're fault. Voice has a similar rasp to Raven's. Not perfect or identical, but very close. Try making it more groggy sounding. Also, bonus points for doing the voice of best titan.

Keep it up, guys.

I'm the second one you replied to. I appreciate your advice; my difficulty is that I have a very low, very monotonous sardonic sound, and attempting to do a character that has life in him was something I wanted to try. If there's another script that looks interesting in the future, I'll try to enunciate better and end on a lilt less often.

Nicely done.

>you seem to be clenching your diaphragm and anus for some reason)
That is literally just me reading out loud in my normal speaking voice.
>Read this greentext
vocaroo.com/i/s0DpxHnG3PFF

Yeah I won't deny the lack of flow. I tried it with good flow then it didn't sound like Raven, then I did entirely monotone and it had absolutely no flow, so I went somewhere in the middle.

Anyway, we need some more lines and whatnot.

Have you looked into any of these?

>RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE (Marvel v. DC)
>pastebin.com/J9fR015E
>OLDER RAP BATTLE ARCHIVE
>pastebin.com/rjpCFDqZ

Or tried writing your own?

I am so glad you are here. I am not a professional,but more of a hobbyist and natural mimic.

since when do we have voice acting theads?

Voice Prompt:

I want to hear you do both characters from this infamous panel in All Star Batman & Robin.

Since about a week ago. Where've you been?

You don't want or need to hear the whole story, I hope. I will just say that it's been tried a few time and never sticks, but good things happen and sometimes they survive. Like the day a cartoon voice actor stopped into co/ and found one. Back in oldfag time, of course.

Azula orders Pizza.
vocaroo.com/i/s0onhf5DqmFH

oh nice so i only missed one, i hope you guys can keep these threads up, it could help a lot of anons, specially animators that need voice slaves... i mean actors

It's been archived. Link is like the second post in the thread.

>my difficulty is that I have a very low, very monotonous sardonic sound and attempting to do a character that has life in him was something I wanted to try
Well, I'll have you know you did it very well. I heard the character, not an actor. You just made a few rookie mistakes, but other than that, you did a damned good job. And you're voice is rich for emotion and expression while maintaining a perfect sound.

...Your voice is slightly raised, but overall I hear an improvement in this reading. Much more conversational then what copy was typically have, but that's my fault for not specifying. Good job. Just for curiosity's sake, you you sound like you've stayed in Chicago for a brief period of time. You're young, aren't you? Are you taking a class for radio voice-over?

No problem, senpai. You did good with what you had to work with! Just bad copy is all!

Natural hobbyist, professional VA...only difference is skill and experience to bridge the two, senpai.

>you you sound like you've stayed in Chicago for a brief period of time.
I have been to chicago for maybe a total of a week of my life, I live in Cleveland.
>You're young, aren't you?
>Are you taking a class for radio voice-over?
Nope

A song to keep stuff rolling.
vocaroo.com/i/s03eNt3XWFYf

We used to have them a few years back and the mods they got trolled to death. I hope they stick around again.

Rapping really isn't in my skillset, but maybe I'll try a few later. Thanks.

I'm drinking again, so yeah.
vocaroo.com/i/s0bZWzSHVCj8

The mods seemed to have calmed down, or maybe just realize that cartoons need voices, are better with them, and that there is craft involved. And Sup Forumsmrades might like to hear some comics pages read.

I remember running into you and a few others I've heard over the last two threads. Cool!

If Tina Belcher's voice actor could find steady work being monotone, so can you. If you really own it, it could become your thing. Not to say there's no reason to try to branch out, just don't think it's necessarily a hindrance.

Yep I remember you too! I honestly barely frequent Sup Forums anymore and when I spotted that the vocaroo threads were back I've spent more time here than I have in quite a while. The singalong threads were pretty fun too.

>A lot of people can do falsetto women as parody. Think about all those Monty Python characters
vocaroo.com/i/s0bGKsiqOuWg
Like that?
I also tried to voice an actual scene
vocaroo.com/i/s0kuCatPvn85

Sup Forums sure needs the traffic.

>I heard the character, not an actor. You just made a few rookie mistakes, but other than that, you did a damned good job. And you're voice is rich for emotion and expression while maintaining a perfect sound.
Y-you too...!

vocaroo.com/i/s1mkgNs3HESa

10/10

vocaroo.com/i/s0MmntUB9ExD

I don't have a very Barbaric timbre to my voice but I love the quote too much to not try reading it aloud.

>A song to keep stuff rolling.
I need to add singing to the thread instructions. Easy thing for newbies would be the Batman TV show theme.

Aww, people beat me to it...
vocaroo.com/i/s0EKbCTMadxU

I really like the engine sounds to add the ambience to it, and I really like your Dick Grayson (or whichever Robin's thrown into the passenger's seat there).

vocaroo.com/i/s1kIqf0fdAKz

sorry if i sound too nasally, i'm a little sick.

vocaroo.com/i/s1HQrnrwLfev

I'm this guy
Can anyone recommend some character that I might be able to do?

Your voice may not be Conan, but you could easily, EASILY, narrate over any opening scene for any high fantasy setting. Instead of reading Conan's quote, why not recite the quote from the start of the movie, instead?

>Between the time when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of. And unto this, Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

Bob Bergen (Porky Pig) has a series of livestreams/vids on his Facebook page where he talks about the professional aspects of voice acting and how to get a career started. I'd highly recommend that, given his near-40 years of experience (as well as teaching).

I took a crack at the full version

Took a stab at the full version of the quote

youtube.com/watch?v=oiqJv_uikKc

I hope you DM for D&D games.

>And what the fuck is HU?
Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

I have a request! If any of you fuckers have seen the film "300", you know that it is basically a tale retold by one of the Spartans who was there, but later left the battle at the behest of Leonidas. What I would like to hear is that kind of narration with this page's text. It is one of the most epic pages I have ever read; it deserves an epic reading.

I don't have the right voice for it... But I want the thread bumped. So... here.
vocaroo.com/i/s18aY3CvN8iX

Thanks, didn't expect anyone to actually fill that one, and so quick. =b

Hopefully it gets more attention. I should be reading news bulletins, not attempting to play the role of a skald.

Recite this for me.
Please.

The engine and the rain were a last minute touch, and I actually thought my Robin was kind of weak, so thanks!

vocaroo.com/i/s08h0EHXeDdy

I'm sorry about the pronunciation. I'm trying to improve my speaking voice.

One Last BUMP

and a hope for more.

Your Batman voice made me kek.

>WHO the HELL do you THINK I AM

Can anyone here do a lapis or pearl or peridot from Steven Universe?

Excellent work.

did the last portion of this: vocaroo.com/i/s1EJ9Da1F28r
I did the womans lines for this one
vocaroo.com/i/s0kuMqQUtBL3

sorry if it's not good, I've never done voice work before it just seemed fun ;;

Here ya go, user: vocaroo.com/i/s1dq6uWDFLzx

I like it. You should do more things.

I have to say, I really like the second one. Well acted, and I think the voice really suits the character. And don't worry if they don't all come out perfect, this thread is all about having fun recording and listening to other's recordings.

aaa thanks so much user!! ;;
this thread is really fun, I'm glad we have a vocaroo thread up

if you have any advice on how to improve the first one please let me know, I had no idea what to do there

The acting wasn't at all bad, it was just that you'd expect a chick dressed in black with a wild looking punk rock 'do sound a little more "cool". I mean, I get the impression she's a spiritual person, given the ankh she's wearing, but you went a little *too* stoic, I think.

Just my two cents though, and it could be my reading of the material is off and you were absolutely spot-on.

ooh! thanks. that actually helps, I had a feeling it was coming across too monotone. Do you have any voices you'd imagine would be similar to what you're suggesting?
sorry, I kind of want to get into voice acting so any help is awesome for me

youtube.com/watch?v=dEIqSBqY_uo
From 26:00 onwards.
youtube.com/watch?v=37w96lUcjmY
youtube.com/watch?v=FY_F50UpR7Q

Here's one. I never understood why live-action portrayals of Cap never gave him a Brooklyn accent, even though he was born in the Lower East Side during the 1920s, but I guess people want him to come off as an all-American hard-ass, instead of an all-American jackass like Bugs Bunny.

Always love doing Doctor Doom.
vocaroo.com/i/s1okdRNPYum2

Hard core military guys like Cap typically cut the accent out of their speech to sound generic American, specifically so there's no potential for miscommunication of orders.

Like Newcasters.

Bump