ITT: Episodes of cartoons that the creators hated

ITT: Episodes of cartoons that the creators hated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qn977W9HjWM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Didn't it turn out the creator never said anything about hating this episode and it was all manufactured by some mega autist who was seriously buttblasted over the episode.

Don't know about the bunny episode, but the rumor about the Pigeon Man killing himself did turn out to just be an urban legend.

The Bendy episode of Fosters.

Batman TAS - 2nd part of "The Cat and The Claw", animation wise.

>this episode was genuinely great but matt hated it

This episode was a classic; Matt Groening should get over it

Do you know how much I want to fuck Arnold while he wears those bunny pajamas as he hides his face from embarrassment?

Gravity Falls is a show better off pre-tumblr.
Northwest Manor was a one of my favorite episode, but Alex Hirsch hatred for this episode is very apparent. Pacifica get a shit ending equivalent to Courtney from "As Told by Ginger"

I really wish all the shippers would have shut the fuck up. Didn't post all the fan art just lay low and Alex probably would've cave and gave them what they wanted anyways.

Matt greoning said he loved the lady gaga episode

WHERE DOES HE LIVE? i need to write an angry letter

This episode was right on one thing: if Timmy didn't go back in time and fuck up Crocker's life, he'd be a much more successful person.

But didn't that episode show that Cosmo would have revealed the secret whether Timmy was there or not, it was basically fate that he turns out the way he does.

ITT: people posting their most hated episode and saying "The creators hated it too".

At that point it's just saving face. Simpsons use to make fun of celebrities who wanted to be on the show.

You can't make luagh at someone and kiss their ass at the same time.

That PPG episode with the gnome who did nothing wrong.

I liked

Yeah the ep wasn't exactly terrible but the lesson / plot was bullshit. Even Timmy was calling out some of the shit like AJ having his hair

As for Crocker he was most likely fucked no matter what since Cosmo was a fucking idiot and Kid Crocker probably wouldn't have been smart enough to put failsafes to keep Cosmo from fucking things up.

Heck even when Timmy went back in time it was still mostly Cosmo's fault the secret got spilled anyway. Still, Timmy could have just went further back in time and fixed things since he was only banned from that specific date

Something something Bendy

Can someone give me a quick rundown of this episode?
Why do people universally hate it?

Didn't Dan Harmon say he hated this episode?

>Iggy is apparently one of the most popular kids in school for some reason
>Arnold has to go to his house to give him his homework because he missed school or something
>Discovers he wears full body bunny pajamas
>Is told to keep it a secret
>Next day Stinky and Sid are bullshitting with Arnold and accidentally discover Iggy wears bunny pajamas (they totally guess it and take it as true due to Arnold's shock)
>Iggy thinks Arnold spilled the beans and refuses to speak to him
>This goes on for fucking months well passed the point people have given a shit about this "secret"
>Arnold tries to get Iggy to forgive him
>Iggy tells him to do chores for him
>Arnold does so
>This continues for a bit with Iggy adding on other shit like doing his homework or something
>Arnold does so
>Arnold asked if they are square now
>Iggy goes LOL NO YOU THOUGHT THIS WOULD DO THAT NO FUCK YOU
>Arnold wants to know how to make things square with them
>Iggy puts on this big thing that Arnold has to walk out in public down a red carpet outside his house while wearing the same bunny pajamas he wore as a sort of walk of shame
>The news and a ton of people in town show up for SOME FUCKING REASON because apparently there is nothing better going on
>Just before Arnold is about to do the walk Iggy overhears Sid and Stinky talking about what a shame it is and how Arnold never really TOLD them the secret
>Iggy tries to stop it but its too late
>Arnold is humiliated
>Iggy meets up with him at the end and apologizes
>Arnold refuses his apologizes and tells Iggy to fuck off
>The End

So in the end Arnold did all that shit for basically nothing and got humiliated, Stinky and Sid get away with everything scot free, and Iggy is just a cunt

It was so bad that Iggy pretty much vanished from future eps excluding the movie

Its been awhile,

But if I remember correctly, Arnold stopped by Iggys place to drop off homework to him for being out of school for like a week, but he was wearing bunny pajamas.

Iggy got embarrassed by it and begged Arnold not to say anything and Arnold promised.

Stinky and Sid found out on their own, but iggy was convinced Arnold said something and made him take a walk of shame in bunny pjs

Couldn't have said it better myself

Wow, this does sound incredibly shitty
Thanks, user

Christ I forgot how fucked up this episode was.

I never liked the episode where Helga forces Olga to move to Alaska. It was done in humor but it felt really off to me.

I seem to remember Bruce Timm admitting to hating this episode and revealing that it was only made because the executives wanted a kid-central episode.

I'm pretty sure Matt's completely beyond giving a fuck at this point.

honestly it sounds nice
nothing like real angst to drive some depth into a happy go lucky cartoon

Not really forced. Wasn't Olga considering it on her own and Helga just gave her a push?

why did hirsch hate the episode?

IIRC it's because 'Kids shouldn't/don't focus on romance at that age' while he doesn't dislike the bullshit that was Roadside Attraction and Mabel in general

EVERYONE hated that episode.

There's another fucked up one with Helga and the Nanny that I recall. She's actually fixing her family life and helping Helga be a better person but she has such a tantrum over being disciplined that she basically gets her sent back to the old country.

The version with Johnny Bravo actually made sense.

This was the only good episode for a while to me.

I really liked that episode

Made it clear in Wander Over Yonder.

To be a little fair on Iggy, fucking Arnold wouldn't shut up giving Stinky and Sid clues. IIRC, it went somethig like:
>Arnold laughs in the bus
>What are you laughing about Arnold?
>Oh nothing. Something that happened at Iggy's house.
>What was it?
>I can't tell you.
>Come on tell us!
>No. All I'll tell you it was something he was wearing, but that's it.
>Was he wearing something silly? Like a bunny pajamas?
>...no!! It totally wasn't that!! I swear!!

That in mind, it made the whole episode even worse.

hey arnold was not a happy go lucky cartoon, it was a calm, contemplative, bittersweet cartoon. There goofy moments but they always served a sincere message.

This episode falls flat. Not because it ends on a sour note, but because of the journey it took to get there.

Gene -hated- Family for showing Picard, the big hero, crying and being really vulnerable, and he did all he could to not have it be made until all the other producers teamed up to overrule him.

>it was a calm, contemplative, bittersweet cartoon

If you get off your pretentious ass for a moment and go rewatch the show, you'll see most of its episodes were all comedy.

Matt isn't wrong, aside from the god like start it's kind of a shit episode as far as"Good Simpsons" goes. The crossover aspect unironically hurt way too much.

I hated the europe ep more. That ending was so cruel to mac

He hated it because it fails to follow any real narrative structure.
And as much as I hate the mentally ill fuck, he's right. The episode lacks focus and ends on a huge anticlimax.

thats not that bad, in fact its a very well thought plot if it evokes such reactions out of you and the viewer in general. I dont understand the hate for cartoon episodes that have such things happen, you cant expect everything to work out in some way or justice be found against those who deserve it every time. In fact this episode is a great example of how you even if you do the right thing, the uncontrollable aspects of life are still uncontrollable and thats just what happens in life, especially in a show like Hey Arnold that uses the human experience as its main driving force. However, the Bendy episode of Fosters can be to insufferable.

Also he hated that ppl liked Pacifica. He designed her as a 1 dimensional bitch character. She was never meant to be tsundere.

At least they let her keep one pony, in a mountain town, a horse is as good as a car.

if it was a bittersweet cartoon this episode fits right in

a kid should be able to learn that things arent always sunshine and rainbows and friendships can make you hurt just as much as they can make you happy

Fosters had an oddly large number of shitty episodes.
Bendy, Fosters goes to Europe, the Wilt centric one where he can't say no, and most Cheese episodes.

That means that Hirsch is a shipper too and he prefers Wendy, that's all. Yeah, authors can be shippers too.

>Also he hated that ppl liked Pacifica
he did a bad job at making her unlikeable then

>most Cheese episodes
I imagine he was a network push. Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy we're also pushing Fred Fredburger pretty hard. The whole lolsorandom character was almost a must at that time.

Imagine having this shit-taste.

>an episode is shitty if it makes me mad and the characters I like get shit on
Why is Sup Forums filled with 12 year old autists?

Ironically the reverse happened with Mabel.

Nobody likes Blue, and yet everyone hates the Bendy episode.
Anyway, episodes like that tend to fall flat because, shockingly, humans tend to feel this weird thing called empathy, which can even extend to fictional scenarios (which is why most healthy men cringe when getting kicked in the balls gets brought up, for example.)
The more relatable and "justified" the character, the less positively audiences tend to react to them getting screwed. That's why its usually "lovable assholes" who end up getting fucked to positive reception (Modern Daffy being a major example.).

The anticlimax is the point

Explains why he disliked Wrath of Khan. Kirk cried at the end.

I could record myself defecating and say that's the entire point, but at the end of the day you'd still just be watching shit.

Keep your fantasies to you diary, Helga.

Mabel fault boils down to no consistency.
We see Dipper as a flawed character, while Mabel and I quote " A freakin' Saint"

The was supposed to be an arc where Mabel and Dipper drift apart, but all I saw was Mabel being a bitch

Nah he may have said something at Iggy's house but I don't think he specified it was something he wore. Stinky and Sid just made a blind guess offhandedly and Arnold just gave a shocked look for a moment and didn't say anything. The two assumed it was the true after seeing his expression and spread it from there

My dad nearly lost his voice yelling at the TV when this aired.

Well, he showed up in the Jungle Movie, so...

>communist
>did nothing wrong
TIME TO REV UP THOSE HELICOPTERS, KIDS! WE ARE GOING FOR A RIDE.

Still the ep itself was just meanspirited as fuck where pretty much everyone was an asshole ending the ep on a bad note is one thing but the whole process was shit

>Everyone in the fucking town shows up for this bunny pajama bullshit. Who gives a fuck. If it was just the students maybe but the fucking newscast gets involved
>Grandpa and Gerald being snarky about it
>Iggy being that much of a cunt
>Arnold doing all that shit yet in the end just tells Iggy to fuck off. Why didn't he just do that from the start and suffer that humiliation in the first place? Did he just want to feel better to tell him to fuck off?

It was just really stupid

Taking away people's freedoms and NOT ABUSING THEM IN ANY WAY is not exactly evil.

>Well, he showed up in the Jungle Movie, so...
I think they said they had him in SPECIFICALLY to dispel the urban legend

Fred was kino,Cheese was annoying though,

life is really stupid

but ill explain this anyway:
>Everyone in the fucking town shows up for this bunny pajama bullshit. Who gives a fuck. If it was just the students maybe but the fucking newscast gets involved
a childs self consciousness overestimating how many people give a shit about something so small

>Arnold doing all that shit yet in the end just tells Iggy to fuck off. Why didn't he just do that from the start and suffer that humiliation in the first place? Did he just want to feel better to tell him to fuck off?
its a big step in someones personality when they finally figure out that the emotions of others dont matter as much as your own and that final "fuck off" is the much needed character growth that the selfless saints in cartoons need

Yeah. I'd argue the Europe one was worse because with Bendy it was with one character being a prick and he at least deals with some hardship however minor (getting fucked up by Bloo's trap even though Bloo got in trouble for it)

With the Europe ep EVERYONE sans Mac was a fucking asshole and nobody got a happy ending except maybe Madame Foster

Poor Eurotrish

Nah that episode was good. Helga actually gets punished in that episode, and learns a vital lesson. I remember the episode ending with her thoughtfully picking up something and sewing it like her nanny had shown her.

What was he yelling at the TV for?

>What was he yelling at the TV for?
He was pissed that it wasn't a Helga or Grandpa episode

>poor Eurotrish

What are you talking about? She ended up being the only imaginary friend to get to go

The credits scene

>Gets to go for the main reason of wanting to see her family again
>Her family tells her they basically abandoned her because of her annoying singing and to GTFO
>Ends with heartbroken Trish walking away from her old home quietly singing about going to America

This.

People in Sup Forums don't realize how well they would get along with Mr. Enter.

It's a slow quiet show. Every episode had jokes sure, but I don't think his description is wrong at all.

>Taking away people's freedoms
>not exactly evil

It was written to have an anticlimax, it's not an accident or an inherent flaw that it all added up to nothing. You don't have to like the fucking episode but your epic shit metaphor means nothing

>The episode has met with much controversy, as there's been arguing over whether or not the episode sends out a positive message of feminism. Lauren Faust has even confirmed that this episode was an old shame of hers, as she wasn't sure if the episode was a good way to teach feminism to children.

The main message could have been conveyed far better, but it's implied that the gnome had everyone under his control. It ended up being a heavy handed metaphor that failed to establish why the villain was bad outside of very vaguely defined reasons.

>If you hate bad things happening for no reason, then you're just as bad as Mr. Enter.
Enter thinks that everything has to be moral, which is just the opposite extreme.

Its great, but at the same time its weird seeing Jay acting/treated as some sort of super critic instead of being the butt of the jokes he usually is. Though that might be because springfield is that much of a dumb city.

Does he ship Helga with Arnold?

No, I just watched the episode. Arnold told them it was something Iggy wore.

Whether or not the episode is good at teaching about feminism is up for debate. But it is a good episode at teaching children not to be too extreme in their personal views, since it can end up blinding you.
Funnily enough, people who have such extreme views are the ones who say the episode is controversial.

The point I was making, which unfortunately seems to have flown completely over your empty noggin, is that you can't justify a shitty decision with itself.
An anticlimax isn't an end, it's a means to an end. Typically, it's a way to end something on an unexpected, yet humorous note, or it could be used to establish some moral or overarching theme. The issue with this ending is that the episode itself didn't really have a clear set up for any real theme to come through (it does kind of have a nihilistic message throughout like every episode of Rick and Morty lol, but ultimately this isn't conveyed very well in the ending), but at the same time the anticlimax in and of itself just wasn't all that funny dance party is baby's first lol randum joke, let's be real. It fails to be anything but an anticlimax, and that in and of itself is not praiseworthy.
I mean it's fine if you found something to enjoy in the episode, user, but don't try to justify something by saying it's fine the way it is because it's supposed to be that way. That doesn't actually make the thing in question "good".

It works if you think it that way, with Jay being surrounded by new people who know very little about him other than his fame. Plus, he did end up being the victim of a joke with Paty and Selma.

I remember the first episode cheese shown up being pretty funny, but the rest was either meh or blood-boilingly bad (like the alarm/safety device episode).

The court episode and that episode where fred has to hang out with grim for a day were pretty good. Any other time he shown up was crap.

This episode's moral is really damn relevant nowadays.

>But it is a good episode at teaching children not to be too extreme in their personal views, since it can end up blinding you.
I always assumed that this was the entire point.

Damn nigga that's a good joke

He thought Iggy was wrong for doing that to Arnold.

He also thought the nanny episode was too sad.

>bad things happening for no reason
I'll admit Arnold "accidentally" spreading the rumour is bullshit, but it's fitting to his character that he would get too caught up in redeeming himself to realize he's being taken advantage of. It's no a well-written episode per se but it's a decent lesson about not owing anyone anything that wouldn't work if Arnold didn't suffer a bit

Because he didn't write it, the Brothers Chaps did. It was the perfect in-depth paranormal episode the show was waiting for, and he didn't think of it.

>google image search "hey arnold bunny"
>10th result

'Batman in my Basement' is considered by the production crew to be the absolute worst episode of BTAS. Since it's basically just Home Alone guest starring Batman, I don't disagree with them.

youtu.be/Qn977W9HjWM

I actually liked that episode. It was the only one of season 3 that was just Rick & Morty going on an adventure.

>The master says the force of inner dignity will erode the humiliation

And it's very funny. Because you take away people'd freedom TO ABUSE THEM, by design. Him not doing anything evil after that results in him failing as a villain.