Transformers

Can bots get regular jobs off world or are they hated universally so much they can only get successful doing mercenary work and shady things?

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Interplanetary_Personnel_Exchange_Program
youtube.com/watch?v=HP7UmsfZiNw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Overlords working for the Galactic Council, so yes but it depends really.

>Overlords working for the Galactic Council
I really want this to blow up in the face of whoever thought that was a good idea,

Yeah I want the Galactic Council to get their shit fucked.

>Overlords working for the Galactic Council

Was that stated? I thought they rebuild him for mutual reasons.

Depends on the continuity.

In IDW they're lucky if they aren't shot on sight. Anywhere else they probably are at least given a chance.

I'm sure they could in IDW, but they will likely do better among other mechanicals than among biological sorts.

The biggest issue is getting energon to live. It's fine if your faction has developed a machine that can create it from whatever, and if you're not being hunted by the DJD.

I always thought it’s why they rebuilt him.

Well keep in mind you had a metric ton of neutrals who bailed out when the war started, they either seemed to have adapted to nature or integrated into society, wherever they went.

Think one of the early RID issues mention ome argument about economy and exchange rates, so they were somewhat somehow employable. We've also seen robotic non-cybertronians, so maybe it's a "they know what I am but they don't know where I'm from so I'll just pretend to be a different race" thing

Bump

can cybertronians apply for amnesty/citizenship on earth?

They do but then usually one side ends up betraying the other.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Interplanetary_Personnel_Exchange_Program
> the Exchange Program sees humans from all walks of life, be they police officers, news reporters or super models, paired with like-minded Autobots, displaying unity and friendship between the races to a cynical humanity. Incidentally, their purpose is not to join forces and battle Decepticons, but to solve various daily human dilemmas, no matter how mundane they might be.

is a new issue coming out tomorrow/today?

Autobots would flourish on earth if they all become Uber drivers.

>tfw you'll never get that one Decepticon driver who gives you a different take on Cybertron and Earth, while still showing you the nice city sights on your way to your destination

The fuck is wrong with you, new issues always come out Wednesdays or leak very late Tuesday night.

I feel like Prime Breakdown would have been good at this.

This seems like it would eventually result in the obvious consequence. If you get my meaning.

NAILS FUCKING SUCKED.

i remember the north korea - china - US proxy war (of sorts) with the combaticons - predacons and autobots but what bots/cons can have relatively non-military jobs if they become citizens of x country?

>tfw want to make story about transforming alien robots, but you know full well that Hasbro would go full autist and try to sue you because they think they own the rights to entire concepts, like bumblebees

Yes, how dare these people want nothing to do with this long since meaningless war.

You could always go full weird.

>Yes, how dare these people want nothing to do with this long since meaningless war.

I'm glad they're all irrelevant now after post-DC.

if ubers were Transformers, i'd use them.

tell me your vision for Transformers?

I have one myself.

I'll use them too. I'm sure they're way better at handling the god damn morning rush on the tollways.

But they're probably be shit at UberEats
>Bots don't need A/C systems in winter.
>Ice cold pho arrives

One could take an alt of a common mode of mass transit and use a holomatter avatar as a "face" and find a job in education and have that freeloading Eukarian take the form of the class pet.

It's not really any specific vision, it's just that Transformers as a franchise is extremely limited due to always boiling down to Autobots VS Decepticons. You can't really tell a story in the TF universe that doesn't have something to do with the war.

Day you want to tell a story about a plucky journalist trying to gather evidence to take down a shady corporation. That story could be quite interesting if the characters were shape shifting robots. But because this has fuck all to do with Bots/Cons, Hasbro would never allow it. Even IDW's series, while doing slightly more, still has the war as a major element.

The concept is unfairly limited by the need to sell toys, and a corporation's obsession with attacking anything that even vaguely resembles their IP, which is just typical, really.

Bump.

>You can't really tell a story in the TF universe that doesn't have something to do with the war.
m8 we have multiple comic series doing exactly that

>and a corporation's obsession with attacking anything that even vaguely resembles their IP
LOL, NO.
If anything, Hasbro is EXTREMELY LENIENT in that regard.

Please, even those are all about the aftermath of the war. The characters are focused on keeping a stable political climate so the war doesn't start all over again. That doesn't count. Besides, people seem to hate the comics, because every time they try something different, everyone freaks the fuck out and a riot nearly breaks out.

Buddy, stop trying.

Autobot Musume
youtube.com/watch?v=HP7UmsfZiNw

user, they tried to sue DC over the fact one of their characters is named Bumblebee. Hasbro is full retard mode with its litigation boner.

They only care about the names. I guess you haven't heard read the Incredible Change-Bots.

Comixology says the 7th.

Not that there was a character with that name, that there was a TOY with that name. Hasbro already went through a large period of time when they couldn't use the name Bumblebee and they didn't want to go through it again. They NEEDED to take some sort of legal action to prevent it from becoming a generic toy usage outside, you know, toys of actual bees.

It's the same general reason why, when talking about the toys, Transformers aren't said to "transform". They "convert". Hasbro reps are trained on this for use in interviews and product descriptions.

>You can't really tell a story in the TF universe that doesn't have something to do with the war.

Rescue Bots kinda is. It barely touches on the Decepticon related stuff.

In the reverse direction, it's why Ironfist's modern toys are officially "Fisitron", because Marvel has the name Ironfist locked down for toy usage.

So, as long as you don't try to make toys out of the concept, they don't give a shit?

It also has a cute firefighter lady.

Whirl is a firefighter?

The human chick, you dolt. Also, Whirl isn't a chick, he just uses a female holo-avatar.

>Whirl isn't a chick, he just uses a female holo-avatar.
...you do know theres a new female helicopter character in Rescue Bots also called Whirl right?

>Day you want to tell a story about a plucky journalist trying to gather evidence to take down a shady corporation.

sort of what they did with G.I. Joe Renegades but less journalistic.

There's a female character name Whirl in the new series, you dolt.

Are you talking about Dani? She's a rescue pilot. Kade is the firefighter.

whats with all the newfags

I'd settle for a miniseries featuring the cops and detectives of the franchise.

a-and maybe a slice of life oneshot featuring the gestalts and titans.

Oh. I didn't know that. Neat.

Can you tell I haven't seen Rescue Bots?

Man, Pacific Rim Too is looks terrible. Bring back Del Taco!

I'd watch it like I watched DOTM: For daytime robot fistfucking.

>Fisitron

I legit thought his name was FisTITron.

Fistfucking, you say?