I always found it strange how political cartoons are constantly derided for labeling everything...

I always found it strange how political cartoons are constantly derided for labeling everything, but I'm also sure that if you remove any labels (like pic related), there won't be any meaning to the picture. Is there a way to do them properly?

If the whole world obeyed your rules, life would be impossible.

>Ben Garrison

even a broken clock is right twice a day

>I posted Simpsons therefore everything you did was wrong

>Is there a way to do them properly?
use some subtlety and satire instead of just rendering your political opinion in 5-year-old's-drawing form

Make the visual metaphor obvious enough that you don't have to fucking label it

if the illustration fails without a ridiculous amoint of labeling, you failed at illustrating your point.

>Ben "suck Trump Tower to spread white power" Garrison

This

Depends on how it's broken

why are older political cartoons so awesome and modern ones so garbage?

why are older cartoons so awesome and modern ones so garbage?

people nowadays are dumber

the easier life is the less likely the dumb ones die off.

Because you are a 90 year old nostalgiafag.

because most the shitty ones are lost to time.

Anyone have that one of Jar Jar, one of the Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles telling Pikachu to not quit his day job?

Yup, generally speaking the cream that rises to the top is the only thing that people remember. Well that or the really notoriously bad ones. That is why I think it's funny when people talk about how the music was oh so better in the 70s where if you listen to a 24 hour music station that plays those turns they either repeat a lot of songs or you do hear the mediocre crap that is mostly forgotten.

Book burning college students (from South Africa (and in general)) are big SJW babies.

Wow, so difficult to understand. Where are my labels.

Sup Forumsmblr thread.

>Zyklon Ben is a footfag
Should've expected as much.

reddit post

Of course removing labels wouldn't mean anything if it was designed to have labels. It's the fact that it's designed to have labels that's shitty.

Not sure about that, footfags put a lot more wrinkles in the feet when they draw them.

Literally only a brainlet could see the huge pile of burning books and not realize this was about the book burning incident in South Africa

Are you just too stupid to keep on top of the news?

Is Winsor McCay the original Ben Garrison?

Have you guys ever seen a political cartoon that may as well be fetish art it you took the labels off

How dare you dis Winsor McCay like that.

Ben Garrison is an atomic clock that keeps more precise thine than whatever shitty windup you use.

I'm a footfag and I hate excessively wrinkly feet

Memes are the only reason ben garrison is even relevant in the slightest

It's easy to miss the subtleties in his work. Every cartoon he's ever made will stand the test of time. In the future, history books will just be his works.

it's true though isn't it? everything has to be labeled...

>tumblr noses

dropped.

remove the labels and they're just irish people

They were both their voices of their generation. And instead of being pretentious, had the decency to guide their readers through their masterpieces via labels, so even the lowest of society could appreciate them.

this comic is 4 years old

>muh
>soros
>rotschild
>ADL evil
Is this a pol edit or is he getting published with all that straight up Anti-Semitism in them?

>ben garrison
>published
he does this on his own

>book burning incident in South Africa
I seem to be behind on current events.
Do tell.

I have to wonder what Benny boy will do if Trump really does go down for treason. Will he do a few treason denial comics before swapping to "Trump was always a scumbag and I hated him", or will he switch to an anti-Trump narrative immediately?

It's impressive how he seems to have his finger to the pulse of every aspect of society, not just government politics.

>Mueller
>on a ship of Liberals

Huh, he even has holiday themes comics.

>whites are all brainless pussies
he speaks the truth user

>Ben Garrison thread on Sup Forums
OH YES

I remember a few years ago, Sup Forums or Sup Forums kept editing Ben Garrison's comic to make him look like a nazi, so Garrison made a bunch of comics depicting Sup Forums as a bunch of fat losers and annoying bugs.

Now day's Ben Garrison does nothing but champion Sup Forums's cause.

World's a funny place.

>bitch that blacks should be protesting peacefully
>they do exactly that
>still bitch

Garrison didn't change, Sup Forums/Sup Forums just got filled with newfags during the election.

>as long as they're not murdering you, their hilariously shitty opinions deserve respect

>dumb phones
this is kelly tier, it's like an old man yelling at clouds

Lmao

>hamburger analogies

A true American patriot.

the religious reverence people have for the flag/anthem is retarded, and you know it

>I hate my country

Commies out.

Yes and no.

If you want to have some reverence for the flag and anthem, that's fine.

But a football stadium is a shrine to consumer level, irreverent, commercialized crap and trying to hold something as hollowed there is backwards.

>hrr drr u have to blindly and religiously support ur cuntry or else u hate it!!!!

Would you still be singing that tune if killary was elected?

Exactly, so if a football player chooses to take a knee during the anthem, why the fuck should anyone care?

People can love their country, but hate the backwards, hypocritical "patriotic" memes foisted on them first by corporations and later by the people fooled by those corporations.

In a democracy, everything is political. And EVERYONE.

Only memes?, LOL remember how we memed a president to the WH?...just memes? What is wrong with you?

please elaborate on the subteties of that fantastic piece of work

LOL Captain America is on uncle POL/ side!

2bh as an anthem the star-spangled banner sucks, the battle hymn of the rpublic would've been a much better choice.

everything is labeled because ben garrison is a retarded hack

Again, mixed. If they care about it, then they probably should probably be caring about the shrine to the corporate that surrounds the flag and anthem. If they don't, then their offense is misplaced on the proverbial splinter rather than the plank.

Disrespecting your country because some police officers justifiably shoot criminals that happen to be the same race as you is about as retarded as hating America because someone cut you off on your way to work.

>Would you still be singing that tune if killary was elected?

Yes? Why wouldn't I be? A country is far more than whoever happens to be sitting in office.

He just knows you wouldn't be able to understand the complexities of his messages without his thoughtful labels.

I agree, it's not a very good song.

He even does international politics!

>cannons placed on the stern of the ship

>every brit is brown

>whiter_than_you_mohammad.jpg

>Brexit
>stopping immigration
Ironically it mostly effects other Europeans from moving to the UK while Brits get to keep their Pakis and Pajeets under the commonwealth

Yeah, but now they have less obligation to take in the refugees they weren't taking in in the first place.

Subtle, Ben.

Well more importantly it will now be SEEN not being done.

I wonder how this ever panned out.

whats the first baby supposed to be

These were fun times.

you just mock him cause you don't understand him

Honestly I'm more surprised that Garrison didn't go all out and call it Shariacucks more than anything else.

why does he have assless trousers

Republican Twitter warriors made a big stink about it for a while, Democrat Twitter warriors paraded it around as a good thing for a shorter while, people complaining about Starbucks not hiring muh veterans were quietly informed Starbucks has been hiring veterans at the same rate for longer, and people just forgot about it after a while.

I usually don't mind Zyklon Ben labelling fucking everything, but this one in particular seems like a damn waste of a potential great comic that doesn't need a single word.

Literally the only change needed outside of removing the words is make Merkel somewhat bigger to make her features easier to recognize.

Is Ben ever wrong?

>Cruz
>Not Ratman

Wasted chance

I prefer DDees' brilliant avant-garde cryptogenius hyperpieces, to be honest.

>that bottle

It's the little things that bring his works together.

tfw want to ape ben's style for a game because i unironically enjoy exaggerated political cartoon proportions but people would just refer to it as "those one racist comics" despite not being political at all

Well find another political cartoon or newspaper strip whose style you enjoy. That or quit being such a wuss and do it and let the outragefags give you free publicity and people with a genuine interest can be told about your game and after a minute they can see it is not political and then buy it.

>no labels
0/10
Let Benny show you how it's done.

McCay's work is the fucking best.

Stupid people talk about people. The subject of most political talk nowadays is complaining about people.