ITT: I convince you about decriminalizaion

Gibs me your best legalize argument

Lets go.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2013/05/14/business/monsanto-victorious-in-genetic-seed-case.html
bbc.com/mundo/noticias/2013/12/131216_george_soros_marihuana_jgc
larevolucionpacifica.com/2015/01/26/monsanto-y-soros-pretenden-cultivar-marihuana-transgenica-en-uruguay/
monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/why-does-monsanto-sue-farmers-who-save-seeds.aspx
voteindustrialhemp.com/
test.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/pig-patent.aspx
alternet.org/drugs/media-ignored-experts-shocking-findings-marijuana-helps-prevent-lung-cancer-now-its-med-school
whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/06/in-case-you-missed-it-government-confirms-and-reports-that-marijuana-prevents-or-cures-certain-cancers.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4011465
ajconline.org/article/S0002-9149(13)01976-0/abstract
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/legal-pot-and-the-black-market/481506/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You got it backwards. The argument needs to be made to keep something prohibited.

From my cold dead hands/From my tarred black lungs.

Why would you prohibit something that has so many health benefits?
>US gov has health patents on weed.

You can not patent a plant. You can patent products made from the plant, but not the plant itself. This is why big pharma has no interest in cannabis.

nytimes.com/2013/05/14/business/monsanto-victorious-in-genetic-seed-case.html

The NYTimes begs to differ. You can indeed patent plants.

I forgot to (you) you.

Yeah just like Hillary won the election

Big pharma has a load of interest in cannabis, George Soros and all those jews are the main promoters of legal weed experiments

bbc.com/mundo/noticias/2013/12/131216_george_soros_marihuana_jgc

larevolucionpacifica.com/2015/01/26/monsanto-y-soros-pretenden-cultivar-marihuana-transgenica-en-uruguay/

monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/why-does-monsanto-sue-farmers-who-save-seeds.aspx

Seems like you need more evidence.
>from Monsanto

absolutely!

They know how important weed is.

Pros:
>no dose of THC or CBD, acute or chronic (lol), can harm you, in fact very high doses of either compound are known to have anti-cancer properties
>THC is excellent for treating glaucoma, PTSD, the side effects of chemo, and easing the pain and lack of appetite from AIDS
>CBD treats seizures, diabetes, colitis, IBS, cancer, lowers risk of stroke... the list is way too long to mention in one post
>it takes $4 of alcohol to get someone feeling equally as good
>no hangover
>makes everything wonderful for a couple hours
>excellent post-workout supplement for appetite and recovery
>no one has ever beaten their spouse in a weed-fueled rage, can't say the same for alcohol ay?
Cons:
>makes you a little smelly if you go overboard
>a significant portion of the people who use it are obnoxious fuckos (although I would argue people are zealous over it only because its illegal, but this post isn't about my opinions)
>mom might not like it

cons
>make you lose your ambitions
>makes you lazy as fuck

Only acceptable for
>movies
>s..sex
>medical reasons
Anything else you're just degenerating yourself

All of which make it personal responsibility. If you're a piece of shit, then you'll act like a piece of shit regardless of how much weed you consume.

There are 1000's more uses for weed than you realize.

My point is that just becaue they report something as a reality it doesn't mean that there is any sort of holding legitimacy, there was no public discussion, no drama, no fight, just secret passing of "laws" nobody agreed too

I honestly think all these laws granted by the governments and lobbies of the last years won't hold in the future after we finally change the current mafias in gov. for new ones with opposing interests

Its like coups or revolutionary governments, all they did was erased years later after they couldn't hold their unlegitimate power anymore

I don't care if idiots smoke weed.

Main con is that its not going to be an open market, it is heading to a controlled monopoly due to ">muh dangerous drugs"

While I understand what you're saying, we still have to look at those laws; even if passed without the public's consent.

The only reason that weed is illegal in the first place was for deportation.

That's the exact reason for this thread. If we legalize it, then major corps get the right to do whatever they want to it. If we just decriminalize it then we can retain it in its current state; just without all the criminal repercussions.

I don't care either. I don't smoke (I used to 20 years ago) but I believe that what you do to yourself is your business.

It should be legal for 21s bought from licenced stores (that refuse to sell to someone too drunk or underage etc) but you can't use it in public or drive under the influence or go to work high. Growing your own should be legal as long as you don't sell it without getting a licence. Can't see the reason why it's not treated the same as alcohol.

>All of which make it personal responsibility. If you're a piece of shit, then you'll act like a piece of shit regardless of how much weed you consume.
Didn't say anything about being a piece of shit.
>There are 1000's more uses for weed than you realize.
>not even over exaggerated. In reality likely 10 more commonly known benefits at most

>Didn't say anything about being a piece of shit.
I was referring to an individual. If somebody wants act a certain way; they are going to. Nobody will change them until they want to change.
>In reality likely 10 more commonly known benefits at most
voteindustrialhemp.com/
Has a good list of uses for hemp/weed.

I'm not in chronic pain or nauseous from steroids when i smoke it. I have horrible ibd

>I was referring to an individual. If somebody wants act a certain way; they are going to. Nobody will change them until they want to change.
You're missing the point when I say someone will lose their ambitions, you're narrow minded if you can't see my point?

Also what do you think of legalizing all drugs?

>makes you lose your ambitions
>makes you lazy as fuck

Objectively false. Lazy people gravitate towards weed, lazy people are not created by weed. Please get your head even slightly out of your ass before talking about shit you don't know about.

No. You're narrow minded if you can't see that telling people what they can and cannot do when it only affects them is ridiculous.
Let's say smoking weed makes your legs fall off. That's still the choice of the individual to have his legs fall off.
I would only agree with you in cases of physically addicting drugs. Like sugar which is 8 times more addictive than heroin. In your view we would have to say that sugar is bad because it completely destroys the health of people.

The big three psychedelics (LSD, psilocybin, DMT), kratom, and weed must be fully decriminalized before we can advance as a society. Ecstasy I'm iffy on, just because its so easy to get addicted to and actually makes you a degenerate.

Opium poppies and all drugs derived from it must be exterminated from the earth permanently. Fuck the opiate Jew.

>Objectively false
>Lazy people gravitate towards weed
No shit Pete?
How about you take your pothead out of your ass and provide me some proof that weed doesn't make you lazy?
>inb4 you link grasscity or anything "ayyyy 420 forums"

>Sorry, I forgot to answer your other question.

Legalizing all drugs is not what I am saying. There are horrible drugs out there, but people are still going to do them. We need to educate. That is the only thing that will save people from making bad choices. Even still no matter how much you tell somebody that knives are sharp they will still cut themselves.
I want to DECRIMINALIZE weed. Not legalize it.

>This guys gets it.

>But mah poppy seed pound cake. : (
Don't take mah cake bro

Marijuana can look at Colorado for all arguments for/against.

MDMA - Use in controlled therapy

LSD/Psilocybin/DMT - Use in controlled therapy

Legalization will happen. The rest of the states will fall like dominoes. We need to tell them not to legalize but instead, decriminalize.

This thread is not about making weed legal.
It's about making it not illegal.

>Like sugar which is 8 times more addictive than heroin
I'm starting to see where you come from..
>I only want those to be legal I've tried

I'm really not trying to change your mind. Just trying to get everybody thinking from a different perspective. People armed with enough information can make their own decisions.

More back to the point of this thread. Legalization will happen eventually. I am just advocating for decriminalization instead of legalization. If we legalize then big corporations are free to do whatever they want to with it. They can alter the genes, remove the medicinal properties and re-release that inert plant back into the wild, they can patent it so that you cannot posses it without paying for their specific breed. The downside is endless.

I hear you and raise it: legalize having plants, make learning to grow plants the requirement for being able to smoke weed

If we just decriminalize it, then owning plants is not against the law. Neither is smoking it, or anything associated with it.
That said, since it's not legal, corporations wont have the authority to mess with it.

Alcohol required an amendment to be made illegal. Why now can the government ban any drug it wants?

>legislating a plant
kek

Next you're going to tell me we should pass legislation on sand and rocks, or the wind.

You can't control a plant, any laws telling someone whether they are allowed to have a certain natural growing plant on their property is inherently flawed, the property owners can't choose whether or not a plant sprouts on their property. Drop all legislation regarding cannabis, drop legislation regarding any illicit natural growing plant, it's all absolutely ridiculous and ultimately impossible to enforce.

Legislation regarding the refined or harvested material of the plant is different of course, but the plant itself in its natural state can't be legislated, it's just insane, like waging a war on ferns. I'm don't even smoke weed but if you can grow poison hemlock on your property you should be able to grow anything.

They are legislating a plant already. Look at BTcorn, BTcotton, BTsoybeans, etc. If you had read the thread you would have seen the info.

You do realize they are using genetic modification to destroy mosquito populations right? You do realize that the same technique can be used to wipe our plants right? Then the only plants that are left will be the patented ones. Look at the big picture. Not next year but in 20 years.

so you legalize carteles?

also decriminalization is not the same as owning plants, down here its not a crime if you already finished your joint

I prefer to keep it illegal so it can be used as an excuse for police to arrest suspicious people.

You should not be able to patent a plant in the first place.

does that mean i can grow opium in my back yard?

You are too idealistic, have to face the current trend, can't revert it at this point, is like trying to cure a cancer by avoiding carcinogens

Sure thing.

Cool beans

100% agree with you.
>yet they are

They are even trying to patent pigs.
>what happens then?
All your pigs are belong to us?

test.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/pig-patent.aspx
>quote related:
"Any claims issued from these patent applications would apply to only animals and their offspring which had been bred using marker technology covered by patent claims."

>hey Joe, prove a negative assertion!

No. Prove pot makes people lazy. And don't send me a link to stormfront.

If it's not against the law the cartels become irrelevant.
Also
If it's not against the law then owning a plant is not illegal.

Marijuana is an endocrine disruptor. Lowers Testosterone among other bad effects. Look it up.

you fucking stoners piss me off so much
1. leading cause of vehicle accidents, more than drinking and other drugs combined
2. leading cause of schizophrenia in children and adults
3. leading cause of laziness and jobless hobos
4. leading cause of profits for cartels
5. leading cause of leading causes for most of the shit wrong with our world
6. leading cause of movies like sausage party, just a big dick fest
7. costs and arm and a leg
8. if you are making $60/hour, you are essentially working for 1gram of dabs for an hour
9. soooo many other reasons, should i keep going?

No you stupid cunt.

Weed, kratom, and the big threw psychedelics have incredible medical potential. Kratom emulates the effects of opiates but is completely non-addictive and is tremendously successful at breaking opiate addiction. Psilocybin, the psychedelic considered to be the most unstable and potentially shitty psychedelics of the three I mentioned, has proven time and time again to drastically improve the quality of life of people with psychological trauma like PTSD. These drugs have the potential to do so much good in the world but stupid kikes like you refuse to even study them because you don't like people who dress up in tie dye and talk about them in common parlance.

FUCK
OFF
CUNT

>If it's not against the law the cartels become irrelevant.
They only become irrelevant in two ways:

1) To smoke you need to have a plant, if you are caught buying-selling you have MORE punishment than today
2) You legalize buying/selling, by which you create a monopoly on weed cause people are too retarded to be open to leave it to the market and let people sell their own home-grown strains

However, if you decriminalize but keep it commercially illegal then....its gonna keep being sold by the black market, only that now you take the pressure out of consumers so they will buy even moar.

Fighting drugs costs fuckloads and makes people who want to get fucked up interact with niggers.

opium is pretty safe desu
>inb4 conspiracy nut
smoking opium is just as harmless as weed
CIA and shadow gobernment are mass producing dirty heroin
since the afghan and iraqi wars, heroin production and importation into USA has almost tripled
clean heroin is very healthy too, look up the netherlands city which offers free clean heroin to users
1. no new people go in there wanting to 'try' heroin
2. 0000000 overdoses
3. heroin is clear like water, not black tar
4. high quality, and consistent as well

>le beautiful troll. Shoo

you caught me brah, i cant wait until weed is legalized lawl

My honest opinion is to firstly petition the government to ban the patenting of genetic material, and if that doesn't work, kill Monsanto CEOs and shareholders until their business collapses ( just kidding of course ;^) )

We agree entirely upon the issue, the world is going in a very, very dangerous direction with regards to these patents, but I think the best way to solve the problem is to change patent law altogether rather than try to protect individual plants.

I also believe this should be the case with all drugs

Want cocaine? Learn chemistry faggot

I think the language barrier is keeping from getting my point across.

Right now you can't possess a plant because it IS against the law.
>Decriminalize
Possessing a plant is NOT against the law.

actually my only arguement is to have a smilair system like Uruguay
>government sets prices at $1/gram to kick out black market
>you are able to grow your own
gawwwwwwd please

Gotta go grab lunch faggots.

Back in 40 mins.

>implying thread will still be here.

I'm too lazy to read but I'm gonna start off by saying that decriminalization is retarded and makes no sense.

I've seen it here in some states. You still have to be paranoid and meet some shitty dealer. Your weed can still have pesticides all over it or even be laced with something like a synthetic cannabinoid. There are laws in most decriminalization states about loitering to commit a controlled substance offense. You have growers who don't give a fuck and destroy everything around them wherever they grow. A lot of them still get you for stupid shit for having a pipe, but the weed is a fine. It still keeps a system of a strong dealers and no tax money. It's still super expensive and people don't have regulated medicine so they don't get sick from the stuff they're seeking help from. Decriminalization is half assed and retarded.

I fucking hate potheads.

"legalizing" it isn't as easy as they seem to think. If they want "muh taxing it" then government will need to crack down on home growing to keep from being radically underbid. Not to mention illegal growers who will still sell it for a lower price and cut it with other substances.

Almost every decriminalization kept having concentrates a heavy misdemeanor or a felony also.

agreed
legalize it
set prices at $1/gram
able to grow your own at home
set standards to commercial growers and sellers

government creates retarded prices and expects the black market to disappear
>Uruguay set its commercial prices at $1/gram to keep the black market out
people brew their own beer, wine, and spirits.. growing your own weed is easier, cheaper, safer

Stupid logic these problems are created by making it illegal.

Except people who get real paranoid and panicky, eh? Or how you're still inhaling smoke?

And people always say "W-WELL IT'S NOT AS BAD AS ALCOHOL" and they don't get that having an angry bear in the house is no reason to let an angry lion in.

The best reason to legalize is the lack of reason to even criminalize it in the first place.

Its a great substitution for alcohol after a long day, it doesn't cause nearly as much degenerate behaviour and societal problems as alcohol.

>You create a monopoly by legalizing buying/selling
Not sure how you could be more wrong, user. The places its legal have tons of different dispensaries selling.
Theres are over a dozen different places selling just in Portland and they're probably sourced from all different places.

recently proven that weed tar kills and PREVENTS lung cancer
why?
weed tar contains large amounts of THC, which only allows h20 and oxygen through the tar
thus it suffocates cancerous cells, and only allows healthy cells to grow..
case and point, bolt and phelps both admitted to smoking large amounts of weed

legalization is a joke. its literally designed ao that 5 companies can control marijuana (yes monsanto is buying up marijuana related business such as general hydro and other big outfits) so they can own the market.
>the new laws do nothing for the consumer either besides driving up the price.
the tax money will be used to enforce whatever ridiculous regulations they come up with. ( things like 12 plants require 20+ acres to be up to code)

what does legalization really mean:
more expensive, more policing (duis too), handing over the business to giant corperations and over regulation by the government.
>we had a good thing going with prop 215, now we just 1984ed weed great job guys!!

I remember getting a little paranoid 10 years ago when I just started smoking. The stuff I smoked back then was brick hash of very poor quality, wouldn't be surprised if it was some additive that gave me the creeps and noia and not the weed.

I have never met a person who had a "weed psychosis", but it has been a great excuse for some of my NEET aquaintances to get their early pensions.

look at Uruguay bro, they did it correctly

Thus the reason that we have to decriminalize.

>ok bbl

i had one bro
i bought a pound for $1000, very cheap, i smoked it all in 3 weeks
turns out it was moldy and the growers cleaned it with hydroxide and it fucked me up for a while.. other than that nothing but great times

Then you don't actually get the "MUH TAXES" if people just grow it at home. So that's not a reason for legalizing it.

Give me a source. That sounds retarded.

I'm sure you also have nothing in the actual text of the law to back up your claims either.

There is no 2nd Amendment of weed. Fuck of kike.

The people in majority support cannabis and soon it will be legalized when the bitter decrepit folks die off.

>Canadian weed
>Profiting Cartels

Wooooooooo lad

alternet.org/drugs/media-ignored-experts-shocking-findings-marijuana-helps-prevent-lung-cancer-now-its-med-school
whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/06/in-case-you-missed-it-government-confirms-and-reports-that-marijuana-prevents-or-cures-certain-cancers.html

Google my friend.

Only a small amount of people would grow at home. As for the $1gram price, you would still make retarded amounts of taxes faggot, you would also lower police and prison costs. 60% of cartel profits come from weed, majority of them wouldn't be able to sustain their footprint without weed.

Thats the US medicinal model, look at Uruguay, which follows the Soros model. Not only does all come from the same source, but if you smoke a joint more than what they think is normal they can ban you from buying until you go to see psychologists and address you "mental illness"
Decriminalizing goes further than that unless you put walls around it, which is what im arguing for

Too many health risks. TCP is a major carcinogen and studies have found many links to brain health, specifically rate of seizures
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4011465
ajconline.org/article/S0002-9149(13)01976-0/abstract

Also legalizing weed won't do shit since the state will sell basic ass herb and kids are too addicted to getting faster highs off of weed with added chemical components or laced with shit. The price of state weed will create a price floor so black markets will go towards equilibrium price, assuming its under the state minimum price, so most will still buy laced weed from dealers that is even worse for heart and brain health then normal weed.

tl;dr its unhealthy in essence and even the least harmful shit won't sell because black markets

The plant itself shouldn't be illegal. Businesses and money-making connected with it should.
/thread

I'm anti weed but pro legalization. No reason we should be wasting enforcement time on a rec drug that has negligible impact on society.

>im just going to imagine how reality would be under marijuana legalization instead of just looking at the places that have already done it
Christ user get yourself together

Colorado is proof that allowing home grows has no negative effect on taxes. It just makes the market more fair.

Marijuana is good for any immune system disorder, like cancer, therefore good for other things like MS, lupus, RA, crohn's, etc. your cannabinoid receptors are tied to your immune system and inflammation.

exactly, i dont trust these big companies with weed production, allowing home grows and smaller players ensures the market will remain competitive.

Alright, here's what I think:
Use of cannabis in private residences ahould be legal, but should a state has the right to crimanlize its use in public places.

>Instead, what is keeping people in Colorado’s black market is price, with a dose of convenience thrown in, says Mark Vasquez, a former narcotics detective and now the chief of police in Erie, Colorado. Vasquez heads the Colorado Association of Police Chiefs’ marijuana working group and has traveled nationally to educate other departments about Colorado’s experience with its new legal system. “The black market,” he says, “is alive and well and will continue to thrive in Colorado.”
>“If it’s ridiculously expensive and they can get it from their homie cheaper, that’s what they’re going to do.”
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/legal-pot-and-the-black-market/481506/
Like I said, price floors still create black markets if higher then the previously established equilibrium price. It happens every fucking time, simple microeconomics.

How about we legalize hallucinogenics instead/first/also?

It's already illegal / a fine to smoke in public here in legal states.

So should you go to jail when you go outside and buy from a dealer on the way home? What happens when the police pull you over and you're within 1000 feet of a school on your way home with your weed?

Make propaganda focused on the benefits of them.

It should be modeled similarly to alcohol. Simple as that. The only reason the keep the possession and cultivation limits as low as they are is because it's still super valuable because the other stupid surrounding states are keeping it illegal.

I will, mainly wondering what the drawbacks would be, haven't really met anyone who knows.

what's your alternative to opiates for people who are in pain? "do you have crippling back pain? just smoke weed hurr durr"

lol, go to any psychiatric hospital