What's the stance on comic book sex scenes?

What's the stance on comic book sex scenes?

my dick's is up

I often wonder why have it in at all if it's going to be so censored

Tastefully done they are an effective storytelling tool.

Eh, I don't really like sex scenes in any medium. Most of the time they're gratuitous and a distraction. Unless they actually serve a purpose in the story, I'd rather they were avoided.

Fine if it has an actual point. Childish and a waste of space otherwise.

cheap tactic to make people buy your comic if it's done for fan service?

>let's fight crime, luv
Reminds me of those hilariously dumb "British-slag incest macros"
>"ere bruv our mam ain't home tonight, mebbe i can be your slapper tonight innit. they'd neva av a scooby! i'd even let you get me up the duff"

I'm fine with it if it actually does something important for the characters.
In Carrey's Lucifer run, there's a demon who fucks all day long, but it eventually bites her in the ass when it pushes her fuck toy to do something to fight back.

It should either be done with a purpose or have 0 purpose whatsoever.

Sex scenes should never be on the fence. That's just gay.

I dont like them because i cant relate to a character that has had sex

Its even worse when Marvel throws in swear words... but censor them.

Even when the swear in question is being dropped in reaction to someone visibly getting torn in half on the same page.

You can show someone exploding like a meat sausage due to physical assault but not a single Fuck or Shit?

I like it when its good presented

Americans are batshit insane. Extreme graphic violence is a-OK! but god forbid you see a lady's nipple or read/hear swear word.

>that pistol in the holster

this but unironically

i wasnt being ironic

extreme graphic violence is hard to recreate in real life?

what fictional swear word managed to crossover into real life usage?

Whomps.

I remember I was like 10 when I had used a bunch of Dave&Buster's points to get a random comic of I think Gen13.
It had the curseword Damn in it, and a sex scene that showed a bit of sideboob.
It got me many a hard-on years before I would ever think to do anything past wanting to get a boner.

I can relate because I have a lot of sex in my thoughts.

Because otherwise people complain that the heroes are sexless.

gen13 had sex scenes? Pics or it didn't happen

If 2000AD was an originally American comic how many sluts would they have made Dredd fuck?

None, since he’s a Dicklet. Someone post that pic of him running around without skin.

same as murikan movies and series sex scenes
>let's fuck like rabbits
>done fucking? well, now I have to hide my boobs because that would be unchristian to let you see them

but you can relate to being a badass with super powers?

this literally seems more believable and approachable than having sex anymore

Why do retarded foreigners bring this up as if it proves a point? Fantasy violence is much harder for children to imitate than sexual activity. Its also easier to trivialize the effects of violence than sex (I.e Loony Toons style over the top violence)

I never understood that. We as the viewers don't exist in the world we view. The characters don't know we're looking at them. She has no reason to hide her breasts from the one man in the room who's just seen them. Why would she suddenly get embarrassed about showing them?
Fucking american prudes. You love a fucking blood bath but you turn into panicked little rabbit in the headlights moment you see a nipple.

because it does prove a point. How much someone can imitate something is beside the point here. You can trivialise anything if you show enough of it.

>Its also easier to trivialize the effects of violence than sex (I.e Loony Toons style over the top violence)
The effects of sex? LOL what the fuck are you talking about you dumb cunt. Why do Americans have some really scared and evasive attitude when it comes to icky shit like this? It's perfectly netural to fuck people and want to fuck people. Kids, even really young kids, explore sex in ways that they don't understand. Making it seem icky or weird leads to unhealthy sexual habits. Do you see people (especially kids) everywhere running around laughing while they smack people with bats and drop anvils or pianos or whatever from cranes? No. Which means that if you show people fucking on TV (doesnt have to be explicit) you won't see people/kids trying to fuck each other in weird places.

Holy shit.

>Why do retarded foreigners bring this up
A lot of the people who do aren't even foreign, they just resent the fact that they're American.

>Fucking american prudes. You love a fucking blood bath but you turn into panicked little rabbit in the headlights moment you see a nipple.
what's the inverse of this?

ok with all sorts of sex acts but no guns allowed?

>ok with all sorts of sex acts but no guns allowed?
This was basically France before recent times.

Where do these people get the Y shaped sheets from?

What? What makes you even think that? Lucky Luke has been a powerhouse in children entertainment for 70 years. Even Tintin uses guns all the time. The only thing is that they rarely use it with intent to kill and use it for trick shots like pic related most of the time.
It was way harder to have anything remotely sexy than it was to have gun violence in children comics until the 1970s or so.

It worked for Cybersix.

>kid comics in Japan can have nudity
>"mature" comics in America can't even show adult tits
What a joke.

or here's a crazy radical idea: we keep on loving violence in movies and video games but also love sex scenes and nudity?

blame religion. Islam and christianity are both allerguc to sexual liberation and guess how they managed to become the dominant world religions? Protip: it was through converting other cultures through violence and threats

And you euroshits turn into whiny shits at the mere thought of any violence

Most people do. Only you internet tough guys pretend you wouldn't shit yourselves on a hijacked bus

Wanna repeat that to an eastern european's face?

How fucking stupid are you to realize that the reason children can't imitate such kinds of violence is precisely why its more socially acceptable. Children explore their sexuality but they're not mature enough for such elements in media and it's far easier for them to imitate those acts than the over the violence they see. Stupid people obsessed with someone fucking...

You fags turn into cry babies the moment someone has a plastic knife

Sounds like the same argument bible-bashers use to try and get sex education taken out from school

What the fuck happened to Nick anyway?

Kids can and do imitate acts of violence, you dumb cunt. You think a little kid isn't able to stab someone or hit them in the face with a bat? You think they can't hurt people?

Yeah Jesus and his disciples totally lead armies to convert people. Christianity's spread is linked to battles and the rise of an empire out of Nazareth.

Kids can imitate violence just fine. I used to run around kicking people because I watched ninja turtles. And I wasn't even that inventive. James Bulger was a 3 year old killed by two 10 year olds that pelted him with bricks and left his body on a train track because they watched childs play 3. Only reason you're saying kids can't immitate violence and can immitate sex is because you have an agenda to smear sexual expression and America's status quo on it

they had to add other places because some smart-ass reasoned "they only said not to try this at home"

oh ha ha. Get over yourself

He became the new Watcher after he plot deviced Thor's worthiness away. Then his black son became the new Nick Fury.

>James Bulger was a 3 year old killed by two 10 year olds that pelted him with bricks and left his body on a train track because they watched childs play 3
This shit is just an excuse used by faggot solicitors attempting to buck-pass to get his clients off harsh terms. The kids were fucking mental, plain and simple. No amount of "implications" are gonna take away from the fact that they thought it would be fun to murder a little boy in such a sadistic way.

>kids don't imitate violence
>When that's the whole reason WWE has DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME messages to legally shield them from blame when a dumb kid breaks his neck or cripples his friend trying to do moves he saw at the muscular soap-opera ballet

I thought that was more to do with him just killing the watcher so someone had to take his place

And they still used it for inspiration. Had they instead watched some other horror movie they would have imitated those, but it still stands. Be young and impressionable and watch violent movies and you have a recipe for disaster.

Is your argument that Japan is overrun with Chads because there's so much fanservice in their daily entertainment to nurture a healthy awareness of irl sex?

>unnecessary gratuitous sex is bad
>but unnecessary gratuitous violence is good? fucking amerishits
>is it our fault we took the worst parts of Puritanism and Victorian social-sexual culture and weaponized it? I don't hear you speaking german or russian fucking ungrateful europoors
>look at me and all my freedoms! the freedom to have people tell me what I can and can't put in my media! hypocrites
>weak degenerates
There guys, I posted the same argument we've been having on this shit for a hundred years. Can we post cheesecake now?

You see people on this board claiming some cartoon made them furries or foot fetishists all the time. I agree with you but it's clear some people here pick and choose.

They would have found any source of inspiration, purely because they're mental. Humans are born with a basic sense of right and wrong. Hell, even fucking dogs are aware of it to a limited degree. Dogs understand fairness, too. So do babies, once they've grown roughly beyond the eat-sleep-shit-cry-repeat phase.

Those two boys were fucked in the head and wanted to hurt someone. I bet you there were plenty of children that saw said movie and didn't go out and murder some kid in a way that was portrayed in said film.

To be fair though America seems to develop extreme caricatures over any position. People don't like Bush but he reflected many Americans when he said " if you're not with us, you're against us."

Go hardcore or go to hell.

Sweden used to be like this until about the mid-80s.

Exiles and Saladin Ahmed are about to happen to him.

nowhere near anything relevant to the question.

to reiterate

if americans are deemed too prude but ok with extreme violence, what country/nationality is the inverse of this?

Saudi Arabia is the inversion to your inversion.

But yeah, I got nothing. No country that is liberal with their sexuality can afford to be completely pacifist.

confirmed for sleeping in history class. Not jesus specifically but holy fuck ...

The reason is because sex helps opening the chakras and helps to develop spiritually.

But aang should have given up his delicious brown wet girl because hurr durr hurr

Jesus is guilty of much mire sins.

so what country outdoes japan in terms of sex and violence in their cartoons/comics?

Why did he get pissy and kill that fig tree just because it wasn't fruiting?

Women actually do that though the first couple of times. Right after they get self conscious.

I always found them really awkward

Ah yes, the "if you do the opposite of what Christ taught that means you are championing the Gospel" position. Totally on point.

You could say the same of a lot of violent scenes and religious mothers care.

It's only gratuitous because it's a distraction to you.

American comics need to grow up and be adults like Eurocomics. All American artist should study Manara and learn how to put sex a nudity in comics

wasn't there a game that got ridiculed because how pointless (not to mention how bad) the sex scenes were?

>Yeah Jesus and his disciples totally lead armies to convert people. Christianity's spread is linked to battles and the rise of an empire out of Nazareth.
>confirmed for sleeping in history class. Not jesus specifically but holy fuck ...

>grow up and be adults

why does that method to be adult sounds so immature?

The joke is that the pistol wasn't the last panel on the original page.
The editors raised a stink about it being too passionate of a kiss, so they had to change it so something else. The pistol panel somehow got the green light.

False. There is no reason to believed either boy had watched Childs Play 3 that was just tabloid speculation. Also the plot of that film is about an older boy protecting a younger kid.
The whole idea of media that "has a tendency to deprave and corrupt" is mostly bullshit peddled by self serving assholes that love telling others what's good for them while being magically immune to bad influences themselves.

>Japan
>healthy awareness of irl sex
>from anime fanservice

Uhhh....

Is that MJ cheating on Peter again Or is this Peter being fucking stupid again and MJ getting sick of his shit?

If done well, shows a deeper connection between two characters. Especially if both are damaged in some way, for love or comfort.

But then again, I like romance.

the chances of me being bit by a radioactive spider, having a truck hauling toxic waste spill on me, or being struck by lightnight while the stars and moon are just in the perfect positions all seem to have a higher chance to happen to me then sex at this point

The argument is America make too much of a deal out of nudity. And there's not enough reading comics in the US for it to have any social impact.

France never had a problem with guns. And the association who have/had a problem also were against sex representation.

>You could say the same of a lot of violent scenes
not that user but you could. and generally I do. I agree sex scenes are usualy superfluous. A well done one would be, though the show is now shit, Littlefinger describing deception while telling the whores how to whore.

>and religious mothers care.
assuming you mean "only religious mothers care" that's untrue. I can't speak for user but I'm actually generally one that hates people taking any offense to media. Dryly speaking, devoid of any sense of offense, they simply usually don't affect the story.

>tfw

Vans on the other hand.

Nah bro, it's christian moralfaggotry, plain and simple.

>T-THEY'RE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS
Christfags are so sad

What a fucking stud.

But there are Christian faggotry around the world. Uganda has actual laws against homosexuals yet they embraced portrayals of sex and gore in their movies.

>communist atheistic societies killed hundreds of millions
>A-atheism doesn't kill
Hi pot.