Spider-Man 2017

>People saying this show is actually worse than Ultimate.

Well, everyone has a right to their opinion, yours just happen to be wrong.

Seriously, how is this worse than "Let's not assume kids have watched previous episodes or are able to interpret context, so let's break the fourth wall to recap every single time there's stuff that carries over from previous episodes, even the regular characters should have introductions blurted out everytime they appear. And to avoid carry over, let's have certain characters play hot potato with their powers." the animated series.

The current Spider-Man show is far from perfect but at least it doesn't seem like it's designed for the ADHD kids.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/COfh-OJBv7c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5iyQF2qNE
youtu.be/XLeRlgK_BwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shut the fuck up Slott, your show sucks

>A faggot that hasn't bothered to watch the show

>liking spider-man: the big bang theory
>hurr durr, science is the new currency
the art is shit. the writing consistency is shit.

Ultimate was shit but at least it had some good action. Nothing in that shitty new Spider-man is as good as this youtu.be/COfh-OJBv7c

No amount of "good action" (that frequently undermines itself with idiotic crap, written sound effects and overall inanane crap) can make up for a show that's mostly just stupid shit.

There is no way for you to defend those awful CG backgrounds. Or the animation errors and lack of any shading.

The animation being shit makes me so bad, since there are a lot of good character designs in this show. And one of the artists on the show was really passionate about it, too; they drew a bunch of softcore pics of this Peter getting fucked by Deadpool.

>they drew a bunch of softcore pics of this Peter getting fucked by Deadpool
Pardon?

No one is saying Ultimate was good. It was shit but is still better than Marvel Spider-man. Also, Ultimate had Chad doc Ock.

You’re absolutely correct, but remember that Sup Forums overlooks shitty writing in favor of pretty visuals. I’m not saying that USM had good art (it didn’t) or had this show has excellent writing (it doesn’t), but that seems to be most of the debate.

I think this show has incredibly rushed pacing and uses too much of Slott’s gimmicks, but at least it has an actual story and changing characters, unlike most of USM. They also got rid of Peter’s obnoxious Sheldon Cooper writing, while USM never dropped its shitty cutaways and bizarre humor.

>while USM never dropped its shitty cutaways and bizarre humor
They actually did it.

There's nothing redeemable about Spider-Man 2017.

Not really. It became less frequent, but I watched a good portion of the final season, and they still fucking did it.

Black Widow, what did they do to you?!

I can't get over the fact that all the animation looks unfinished due to the lack of shading.

I actually like this Baron. They actually look like a robot built during during the war. Old-School-Cool

DUDE MOVIES LMAO

>worse than Ultimate
It looks worse than ultimate, and I still remember ultimate so forgive me for being hesitant of new spider-man shows for a bit.

How are you guys liking “Spider-Island”? I havent heard of something like this happening before in the comics.(all of Manhattan getting spider powers) So far I like it, it’s still this show so it’s trash, but it’s neat seeing Blackwidow, Crossbones, and Hydra agents websling. I absolutely hate the quiet change to organic webs, they shooters are just forgoten and everyone has organic webs now. No explanation at all.

It doesn't look worse, it just looks bland.

sam raimi is obviously the showrunner.

>they drew a bunch of softcore pics of this Peter getting fucked by Deadpool.
You can't just leave us hanging user

>i havent seen ultimate

Carl Manvers syndrome. No woman is to be attractive at Marvel.

In this case, though, it's an actual improvement. Makes Zola look creepier and less like a MODOK rip-off.

>I havent heard of something like this happening before in the comics.(all of Manhattan getting spider powers)

It's an adaptation from a comics event.

It's alright, though. Not as rushed as their past stuff has been. The thing that really holds it down is Harry's stupid grudge against Spider-Man. It keeps getting more and more nonsensical, and a cheap attempt at creating drama.

why do they all have organic webbing

Because they were probably mutated by a different method than the spiders that bit Peter and Miles.

It kinda helps that everyone is going to get turned into mutated man-spiders in the next episode anyways.

Wait when did spider-island begin? I set my dvr to record all episodes but so far the reruns only go up to doc ock's evil arc. And i can't torrent stuff anymore

just look up the episode online without downloading it.

Yeah, but now Peter has organic webs. He could have just showed Harry the webshooter because he knows Pete makes Spiderman’s tech. Peter acted like he just got webs from the spider virus.

does he, it was never mentioned. him and miles are probably gonna be immune to the man-spider mutation because of the previous mutation.

At least Ultimate wasn't edited by someone who just discovered Windows Movie Maker.

He's pretty much using Spider-Island as a way to hide from Harry that he's Spider-Man, and considering how Harry reacted, he's probably going to keep it that way for a while.

But he could have just as easily hid it by pulling up his sleeve and showing him the webshooter. Harry KNOWS he makes tech for Spiderman, it’s not like he is outing himself anymore that he already was.

Personally I think the one where spider-man was voiced by Josh Keaton was the best.

>spider-gwen doesn't even wear a mask

Seriously?

USM was a depressingly cynical toy advert while MSM has love but is terribly executed.

The shading is the least of it.
The animation itself is a sin, no timing & spacing, seemingly zero thought put into staging, unclear poses.

Even with a decent art style, a lot of the designs are terrible and there's a bad case of same face going on.

>Sup Forums is an expert at animation all of a sudden

That's pretty much my take on it. Aside from all the Slott shilling, MSM feels more sincere, but the execution of certain ideas and the poor animation bungle that.

>Sup Forums is an expert at animation all of a sudden

Lack of shading's been prevalient in many cartoons, not just MSM, but in many cartoons. Even in Looney Tunes or Disney's work.

It's everything else that looks like shit. Especially the CGI that'd make even the 1994 series look embarrassed.

ill never get over it

God, did you see their Otto Octavius? Fucking terrible. Animation is ugly as hell

Never watched the show and probably never will but answer me this: Does Spidey job a lot on it? Don't know why people keep portraying Pete as a total loser.

I know he gets beat up a lot in the comics but he always comes around.

2017 Spidey is better than Ultimate Spidey in the same way a punch to the jaw is less painful than a kick to the nuts. The show's still bad, but it's more of a boring bad compared to how nonsensically bad USM was. And at least nonsensically bad is a good conversation piece, while boring bad offers little to no discussion.

I actually like both series, only USM took a little longer to get good.

About Spider-Island, I really expect great things from this arc; especially because I believe many characters should keep the Spider-powers somehow after the end. In comics, Anya Corazon kept her spider-powers after Spider-Island, even after she was injected with the cure. So, I hope for Gwen, Anya and several other characters in New York to keep their spider-powers; giving us the Web Warriors.

I personally hope for Mary Jane (when she will debut) to reveal eventually that she actually kept spider-powers after Spider-Island, similar to what happened back in the comics.

I miss it too, user.

i dig the hair

>Don't know why people keep portraying Pete as a total loser.

Because a lot of people who are in charge of Marvel really didn't understand the old comics.

I can't stand praise for spectacular when they butchered Venom and redesigned it to look like some shit for 12 year olds. Of course not saying it's anything near shitwreck of ultimate but praising it without aknowledging it's obvious flaws is simply retarded.

I agree Venom was really weak in that show and if it weren't for him and Kraven that show would be literally perfect. But, I still think it's the best spiderman cartoon to date when it gave us fights like this.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5iyQF2qNE

I can't fucking stand Venomfags, acting like he's Peter's most important adversary. I thought Kraven was more offensive, but neither ruin the show

Yeah the show sucks but more rule 34 when

>He didn't like Ultimate.
Sorry, but Ultimate is a masterpiece compared to whatever the fuck this bullshit four Spider-Mans, lazily animated cashgrab is.
I'd rather they bring Ultimate back instead of produce a second season of this shit.

Thank you. This "it's worse than Ultimate" meme is getting out of hand.
Ultimate is probably one of the worst cape cartoons I have ever seen, period.

>this much damage control.
There is no conspiracy to discredit and destroy Marvel's Spider-Man. Ultimate is vastly superior, try again next time.

Kill yourself if you think that garbage is superior to anything that isn't cancer.

For the most part, no, but it's kinda ridiculous how quickly Miles, Gwen, and eventually, all of New York master their spider powers faster than him.

The newest episode had him be a complete, babbling idiot next to Black Widow and Gwen, making obvious observations and many mistakes, when Peter's usually a little more careful about stuff.

I agree with you. Ultimate Spider-Man is superior to Marvel's Spider-Man.

That's it though. They've made the main character superfluous. He doesn't bring anything to the table. Everyone else is just as smart (if not smarter) as him and yet they're not spazzes and tools.

You're not funny and you're definitely blatantly wrong. Fuck off already and quit pushing this shitty meme, idiot.

>seriously defending Boring Nerdy Spider Rangers
Disliking bad shows isn't a meme. Ultimate Spider-Man is better for narrative and animation. Hopefully due to declining ratings, MSM gets put out of its misery fast.

>thinking that cancer is actually cancer is "defending" something
I mean it. Kill yourself. You'd probably make your relatives very happy if you free them from your idiocy.
>narrative
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh God, this retard is serious. HAHAHAHAHA
>animation
Equally garbage in both shows, fuck off.

>Boring Nerdy Spider Rangers
Isn't that exactly what USM was, just with less nerdy?

Be careful. He's gonna call you a shill and Dan Slott now because apparently thinking that USM is an ungodly abomination of a series means you're defending MSM.

No, because Spider-Team actually had different powers and looks. MSM's team is just a bunch of reskins.
Chill Slott, you can't please everybody, although in this case you've pleased nobody.

>HURR DURR SLOTT
You know who's really not pleased? Your parents because they lacked the balls to drown you in a river when you were younger and now they have to put up with a retarded manchild of a son.

>Your parents because they lacked the balls to drown you in a river when you were younger and now they have to put up with a retarded manchild of a son.

Forgive me for assuming you're Slott, because you were the one who responded with "Kill youself" just because I correctly pointed that USM is better than MSM.
I didn't think someone not involved with this show would that invested in this garbage show.

usm had a lot more highs, but when it goes retard. it goes full retard. msm, on average, doesn't stand out.

USM is not better than anything, dumbass. No amount of your delusions will ever change that.
>still pushing the "you're defending MSM" meme
You definitely should kill yourself, since that would be beneficial for genepool. Not that I'm expecting you to ever have kids, you're more than likely to earn a Darwin's award.

What was so bad about USM?

>better art
>better animation
>better fights
>Peter was annoying and retarded but in a wacky way instead of being a meme SCIENCE character. Also, he was actually competent.
>good Doc Ock
>decent Goblin
Ultimate Spiderman was shit for a lot of reasons yet it's better than Marvel Spider-man.

Even if it's better than Ultimate, it's still not Spectacular Spider-Man so it automatically sucks.

The sooner this and that shitty Avengers cartoon gets canned, the sooner Marvel will finally drop out of the animation business entirely.

Absolutely fucking everything, for once.
>better art
>better animation
>better fights
And they're all still shit.
>Peter was annoying and retarded but in a wacky way
Oh yeah, that definitely doesn't make him cancer. Oh wait. He's an unbearable meme character.
>Also, he was actually competent.
You can't be serious, He's as much of a joke as MSM Spider-Man. Difference is MSM doesn't annoy you with monkey screeches every time this shitty Spider-Man fails.
>good Doc Ock
>shits on Slott
>defends what is pretty much his shitty Ock ripped right off his comic pages
And he was boring as shit much like every single character in that shitshow, even if he was slightly less one-dimensional.
>decent Goblin
Commit suicide. This is the worst taste I have ever seen on this board.
Unironically the worst Green Goblin there has ever been in animation and I'm counting the Counter-Earth faggot from Unlimited.

I think they need to go back to basics. No more spider-man giveaway. No more learning the ropes. Just a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends or Spider-Man TAS kinda deal where he knows what he's doing and gets into adventure.

>. Just a Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
Enough of team shit already. Spider-Man doesn't work well with teams. Not that I expect middle-aged execs who need more characters to sell toys of to understand that.

>You can't be serious, He's as much of a joke as MSM Spider-Man
After S1 Ultimate Peter became a fucking Gary Stu. He was able to solve every problem and everyone jobbed to him.

>Difference is MSM doesn't annoy you with monkey screeches
MSM Peter’s voice is the equivalent of 10 monkey screeches you shill. MSM has all the negatives of USM (replace cutaway gags every 3 minutes with dragged out science joke every 3 minutes), add in terrible character design and shit animation, and absolutely no redeeming qualities.

>shill
Shut the fuck up. Is the idea that someone could think that both shows are shit but think one of those turds (Ultimate) smells significantly worse really that complex for your tiny brain?
>and absolutely no redeeming qualities
USM didn't have any either.

>USM didn't have any either.
Animation and art style for one

Why is everyone a scientist in this show?

>Animation and art style for one
Art style is bland as hell.
Animation is shit.

MSM transcends the shittyness of both of those to an eye cancer degree, and has the absolutely worst dialogue I’ve heard in any cartoon from the past decade, not to mention the worst pacing as well.

Real Venom when?

>And he was boring as shit
He was entertaining youtu.be/XLeRlgK_BwM

All this msm praise and not a single screenshot.

Or video

>this
>entertaining
>the worst pacing as well.
There is no worse pacing than USM. No other show EVER bored me as actively as USM did.

Because it looks ugly in still frames.
Because it looks uglier in motion.
And then that would prove usm looks and moves better.

It was at least far more entertaining than anything in MSM. Unless you have proof to back up your shitty argument

>No other show EVER bored me as actively as USM did.
I guess that means you haven't watched MSM not that I blame you, it's pretty lousy.

Don't even fucking pretend that MSM has worse pacing.
You're defending Ultimate Spider-Man, so it's your argument that is by definition shitty.

big boobs cool suit cute whats the problem

You’re defending MSM, so by common sense, you are one autistic fuckwad who couldn’t even prove MSM was in anyway more entertaining.

The point of the episode was that Peter inspired literally all of them with his heroism.

Since you're a complete fucking moron, let me spell it out for you for the tenth time and hope it goes through your thick skull (though probably the only thing that could go through it is a bullet. so try that too). It's not a matter of defending anything, you dumbass. The matter at hand is that Ultimate Spider-Man is the lowest of the low bottom of the barrel garbage and if you're defending it in any capacity, you should kill yourself.
It's not my fault that you're a brainlet easily entertained by abysmally-written trash like USM