Does Sup Forums approve piracy?

Does Sup Forums approve piracy?

Yes, because in almost all cases if someone is a true fan of something, chances are they will eventually support the franchises they love so much by buying some kind of merchandise or something from them officially.

Go back to Sup Forums

>Only true fans will go actually buy stuff and that's okay
Yeesh, with that logic no wonder comics are dying.

I know plenty of people that buy and collect comics. Granted they buy vintage comics more so than newer ones, but still

I usually pirate stuff then buy it later if I like it. An extended trial, if you will.

DC and MARVEL don't need to make money from their comics, they have movies, games, toys, all kinds of shit. People will support smaller comic book companies with their money if they're worth it. Trust me.

Sometimes there's no other option.

There is a very specific type of spartan utilitarian who, if they engage in piracy, end up spending less money than they would otherwise. I've met a guy like this. Bare walls in the home, no pictures of family or artwork or even decorative wallpaper. Talks about how great it is to use an ereader because they don't take up shelf space. Basically some sort of weird pod person who wants as few material possessions as possible, and would only buy a physical object if it were the only way to watch or read something.

For normal human beings though, it's just the convenience of try before you buy, and most people end up spending more because they're less hesitant about whether it's worth it.

Comics deserve to die after pushing away their core audience in favor of morons.

same

or I'll watch something and I usually end up getting a Xmas gift associated with that franchise

I mean, I dont have pictures up because I feel bad masturbating with friends and family looking down on me from the walls and wallpaper is shit and tacky

This. Sup Forums is the only board that has any real anti-piracy population and I have no idea why.

Probably because it's full of NeoGAF refugees now.

It varies, in some cases finding an old comic or cartoon in a physical format is physically impossible or just retarded expensive and not everyone has the kind of money to get that. Streaming services don't allow for downloads, and online sites allow people to read comics and watch cartoons that would otherwise have no access to.

Because they have realized that developers will cater to people who PAY?
It surprises me how Sup Forums bitches about things they like getting cancelled yet will bend backwards to justify piracy.

Am poorfag, so yes without reservation

>in almost all cases
>chances are
>eventually
>some kind of
>or something
I may perhaps be inclined towards having a tendency to agree with you. Who knows.

Yes, as long as nobody steals my work.

Well that would be terrible if someone pirated your hard work and effort.

Yeah. Content creators who provide their material for free, or an older/slightly inferior version for free, curb off piracy this way. Honestly, piracy is the ultimate review system; if they got it for free and they still didn't like it then you still have to work on your product.
I understand contracts and shit usually prevent creators from doing this, though.

Sorry I meant to say PEOPLE LIKE GOOD COMIC, PEOPLE BUY GOOD COMIC DERP HERP

They're just major hypocrites. I'd say most the people who claim to be against pirating games do it themselves.

>Honestly, piracy is the ultimate review system; if they got it for free and they still didn't like it then you still have to work on your product.
Actually, it's proven that most people will look for excuses not to purchase something. That's why game demos died out

Does this mean, in an ironic way, Sup Forums cares about video game more than any other board does for there hobby?

Piracy isn't good but I do it anyway, at least when it comes to movies and TV. I don't pirate comics unless it's out of print. Print comics need all the help they can get.

Honestly, readcomiconline has such an impressive archive. For better or worse, I’m now familiar with several stories now that I wouldn’t have heard of, let alone spent money on.

Maybe Marvel and DC should offer a service that actually competes with that. Still don’t know how they’d make money when the stuff is available out there for free, but still, they aren’t even trying.

Readcomiconline has an impressive as fuck archive. Offer something remotely similar, then we’ll talk. My one complaint with the site is that the search function is kind of lacking, if you don’t know EXACTLY what you are searching for. Marvel/DC could maybe add tags to their searches, allow you to search by author, by character appearance, offer a timeline of stories, etc. Shit, have it double as an official wiki -no fan autistic shit, that allows you to actually click on a story that interests you.

i used to pirate heavily when i was a skint teenager now that i actually have some cash in a lot of cases I've went back and purchased the stand out comics i previously pirated, part of growing up these days is the general realization that content creators deserve to be paid for their work.

Tons of games get demos, people just stopped buying the mags they came in so now they're digital.
I would say over half my purchases in the last year were after playing an official demo on PS4 or Switch.

They do, don't they? I thought Marvel at least had a mobile subscription service that let you browse and you get new comics weekly.

But that's wrong. Half of Sup Forums is full of complaints that western games are catering to SJWs who don't actually play or pay. And we have all that evidence with Marvel that comics do the same thing.

> Half of Sup Forums is full of complaints that western games are catering to SJWs who don't actually play or pay
Are we talking about indies or big releases? Because indie games are by people who actually believe that shit, and cases like Bioware (shift to a focus on romance) happen because yes, customers demand them.

>And we have all that evidence with Marvel that comics do the same thing.
Because we've known for AGES that Marvel's comics model is to cause outrage for sales, they're the exception, not the norm. A better example would be the movies, where they have perfect a formula and stick to it because people keep paying.

Yup. I have two five-shelf bookshelfs stuffed with comics and I wouldn't have gambled on over half of them without being able to read them first.

>Nier Automata had a demo with the best part of the game in it.
>Went on to sell 2M+ copies
>Same with DBFZ
>And Resident Evil 7
>And FFXV
>MonHun World as well
>"B-But people just want to steal!"

More like big name games got worse and demos let people know not to buy the product. Go back to bed, Ubisoft.

Marvel Unlimited has more holes than RCO. Like, a lot. And that shit's not just focused on Marvel.

Fact of the matter is that people want it /all/ when it comes to archival reading. They don't really want to pay $120 for a hardcover of 20 issues from 50+ years ago unless they REALLY loved it, especially when that money isn't going to the writers and artists behind that work. They'll acknowledge you're giving them a decent proposition and pay if you can keep up, but if some chucklefucks online are beating your catalog and not charging a penny, you're fucked. You're asking people to pay for what they'd pick up in the library in regards to standard books (and sometimes film). It's a real steep demand on the consumer, especially when your products are built to rely on one another in a shared universe.

It's been widely known that companies, video game or comic, have pandered to SJWs and it's been proven that those same SJW don't actually buy the material anyway.
Actually, the last few times I've heard paying fans complain they were told they're bigoted or something. Companies tend to listen to the biggest complainers and stock holders, not paying customers.

>prices not adjusted for the living standards of other countries
Of course

Yeah because printing and shipping is 8 pesos or whatever shithole curremcy you pretend has value in between sex tourists giving euros or usd. fuck off and stop being poor

I'm not poor but the prices are relatively unrealistic

>Does Sup Forums approve of piracy?
The weekly Official Win-O'-Threads should answer that for you

Sup Forums being a reddit colony probably has something to do with it.

Yes and no.
It's complicated.