/mcu/-Marvel Cinematic Universe general

Do you guys hate movies that much?

youtube.com/watch?v=pVxOVlm_lE8

i love mcu movies. I wish they'd influence the comics more. I couldn't give a shit about comics captain america but movies captain is the best

I hate when the characters dont act like their comic counterparts. Im not some autist who demands 100% accuracy, but when you pick a character to use, pick a character who fits rather than pick a character and change it to fit your narrative.

Netflix is far worse in this regard since Luke Cage and Iron Fist are nothing like their comic counterparts.

Iron Fist is the biggest shit I've seen, but Luge Cage even with all it's faults it's quite decent.

i only like a select few. haven't even seen age of ultron. don't feel like it. bp. don't really care. there's just too many and i'm tired of it.

I like the MCU but fatigue is going to set in before the Xmen come into the mix.

>general

How about you fuck off, marvel shill?

I like them but it annoys me when people make out that these films are perfect.

x-men and ff will peak my interest.

I'm tapping out on the Netflix shit. Daredevil was a fluke, it's all crap embarrassed to be comics

I'm wondering what's their endgame is with these series anyway
I thought it would be the defenders but that seen more of a nuisance to them than anything

They don't have one. None of the show runners had communication between one another, hence why The Hand was such a mess

>my morbid curiosity makes me see what kind of fics people are writing for strange now that he has a movie presence
>A good chunk of it is literally shipping him and martin freemans character
I expected nothing and I'm still fucking disappointed

Female fans' obsession with shipping males characters is why we can't have nice things

It's not even good. I will never understand their obsession with british dudes. Tom Hiddleston has it fucking rough considering all tumblr does is talking about:
>fucking him
>him getting fucked
>Him fucking other characters

Are they just gonna continue letting them have their corner?
Are they just gonna keep adding characters and their corners?
What happens when they switch to that Disney streaming service?

>Do you guys hate movies that much?
I don't hate them at all.

There are some things I wish they'd do better, but I can't really name a single MCU film I actively didn't like.

I only hate Whedon, Gunn and Waititi...

Whedon ruined the Avengers, Ultron and created that stupid Hulk/Black Widow relationship.

Gunn ruined the Guardians and his stupid humor is a cancer in the MCU.

Waititi is just like Gunn, but even mroe stupid because he ruined the tone of a character and franchise, but well, Thor movies were always shit.

Ohhhh and they also ruined Spider-Man, in other words... I only like 60% of MCU movies, I trust the Russo Brothers, I hope they don't ruin it!

I meant comic book movies in general
Jesus

There's not really a place for them
Sup Forums shits on anything capeshit

Personally, its the hype around the MCU as if its the best thing to ever happen.

They have maybe 5 really good movies. The rest are either passable or just flat out bad (Age of Ultron).

>Whedon ruined the Avengers, Ultron and created that stupid Hulk/Black Widow relationship.
Whendon didn't ruin anything. Both Avengers 1 and 2 are good. Ultron is just a different character from 616 Ultron. That's it. and the Hulk/BW relationship was nice.

>Gunn ruined the Guardians and his stupid humor is a cancer in the MCU.
It's fucking awesome.

>
Waititi is just like Gunn, but even mroe stupid because he ruined the tone of a character and franchise, but well, Thor movies were always shit.
Ragnarock is fucking awesome. And only Thor 1 is kinda weak.

>Ohhhh and they also ruined Spider-Man
There was nothing to Ruin. No matter what Homecoming is still better than ASM2.

I disagree about Gunn
But even you have to admit, no one would give a shit about Guardians if they hadn't gone his direction

>obsession with british dudes

i'd love to see captain britain or union jack played by some guy from newcastle or manchester with the accent intact just to fuck with tumblr's weird belief that brit's are all well spoken and from london

I like both Wanda/Vision and Widow/Banner (Widow/Hulk not so much). Even cap with that blond chick is fine. I don't mind shipping. Tony works nice with pepper too, sure

I would totally be fine if they had zero romance in these movies
In fact I would prefer it
No action movie has a decent one

yeah but I dont care about a Luke Cage show where the fucking main character is NOTHING like the comics. It's just corny bulletproof black man: the show, instead of Luke Cage, urban hero.

>it's all crap embarrassed to be comics

it's so surprising too, especially since Marvel was supposed to be different than the whole Bryan Singer view of adaptations. Like I thought the shows would show more homage instead of essentially doing their own versions

Also Jessica Jones is the most forced character ever. Why was she chosen to be the "rebel" of the Defenders group? Doesnt fit her at all.

New full length trailer when?

You can start shitting on me but i want to see some depth in Marvel movies. some actual drama, deep emotions, interpretative stuff, like some of it was in BvS. And capekino is great for this. Superheroes usualy represent basic human values and attributes. Instead Marvel movies are throwing at us jokes every 5 minutes even in scenes that are supposed to be serious.

Don't forget no one ever stays dead

>pick a character and change it to fit your narrative.
Comics do that all the time though.

I avoided AoU originally and watched it like 2 years after it came out, I gotta say that the shitposting around here was overblown, people were only focusing on what they didn't like but there was plenty to like in that movie.

This
Like 50% of Sup Forums is people complaining about new writers committing character assassinations
A 100% accurate portrayal wouldn't line up with most of the character arc

they shit on comics their origins

Even DD had serious pacing issues, uneven action, sketchy writing, uneven acting, ...

I feel like the Netflix shows should be more like the x-files

Fewer episodes focusing on the overall arc
More time focusing on individual one-off villains
Everything's a weird mesh

What about that Tony realizes Bucky killed his mom and Cap knew it scene in CW? They let the emotions play straight.
Same for the last minutes of GotG 2 (Yondu's funeral) where the only joke (Drax telling Mantis she's beautiful on the inside) was meant to be more endearing than funny.
You've also got the Peggy scene from WS.
Or Yinsen dying in IM1.

Or do you mean you want characters to be allegories rather than people? Because that's dumb pseudo-intellectualism.

We can't have fun episodic shows in "the Golden era of TV (and almost TV)", it all has to be important stuff full of cliffhangers that you have to binge watch even though they all have horrendously slow pacing and unsatifying resolutions.

This post applies to literally everything

Sup Forumsā€˜s biggest shit posting culprit is underage kids who overplay everything and just REEEEEEE-out of the dumbest shit

Here's a question; are comic book movies allowed to invent their own characters?

I don't mean creative interpretation of existing characters, modernized, condensed or combined for big screen narratives, but entirely new, fresh and original characters that did not exist in the comic. Say if Iron Man 2's villain hadn't been a combination of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo but someone completely different and new.

I got sick of JJ in Defenders and she felt so out of place. Every 5 minutes she needs to roll her eyes at a stupid comic name. It's not clever, we already know it's silly, just roll with it and give it some weight. Also fuck their sorry excuse for a Danny Rand, who is the most inept fuckup in the MCU

I would encourage it, but only if they don't overstep their boundaries making other characters look shit. You have to remember, animated series have added to main canon. They kind of already did with Coulson

Marvel movies probably not major characters (because what the fuck was the point of buying Marvel for 4 billion otherwise), but some supporting characters have been created for the movies like Coulson.

This movie looks crowded as fuck

That's pretty much every medium ever

I hate Sup Forums coming to shitpost to this board because threads like this and is going to be worstwith BP, we should have a MCU general so they can spam endless blacked threads about the movie

AoU is good, but it wasn't great. Because of that, and the fact that it had a shit ton of hype around it when it came out, some people were disappointed when it first came out.

Also, there are contrarians that dislike anything MCU no matter what it is.

Lot of its problems had to do with fitting it in before infinity war

I actually didn't mind AoU. Iron Man 2, Thor 2, and Iron Man 3 rank lower in my opinion. Whedon was the issue, the script needed another rewrite

I unironically think AoU was a better movie than the original Avengers, first cap and Thor, IM2, and IM3. Those movies don't get nearly as much shit as they should. GotG2 also got a ton of shit from casuals even though it was one of the best sequels the MCU has produced. I'm pretty sure over time AoU and GotG2 will be much more well-regarded.

It's just everything about Jessica Jones, both the show and character is absolutely insufferable.
It may not be the worst show I have ever seen but it's the only one where I didn't like a single thing, if that makes sense.
>like the x-files
Also, had a much better mind-controlling villain.

Purple Man has so much potential
Why are they wasting him on her?

Why are they wasting Nuke on her show when he could've been amazing on DD?
And both Nuke and Purple Man are pathetic in the show because God forbid a villain in Jessica Jones feels menacing like, say, Fisk or Nobu were on first season of DD.

I was more excited for Phase 4 before the FOX buyout, because we're just going to get the same X-Shit and Dr. Doom wanking and the inevitable Galactus film instead of unexpected stuff.

I love the MCU, there's just one problem. Fucking Spiderman. Fuck him, his actor has no charm and is annoying. I hope he gets bodied by Thanos and forgotten.

>his actor has no charm and is annoying
This is the curse of live-action Spider-Men. That applies to all of them from Toby to Andrew to Tom

I don't mind Holland, but my god, I hate Spider-Fags with the MCU.
>>"Spider-Man should be able to hold off Thanos on his own",
>>"Captain America needs to tell Spider-Man he's the greatest hero of them all."
>>"Spider-Man should have a subplot in IW where he tries to get his suit back from Aunt May"
Endless shit about how Spider-Man must be elevated among all the other characters. It's infuriating. Especially since Homecoming seemed to go out of its way to divert Spider-Man troupes yet avoid the consequences. Aunt May finds out Peter is Spider-Man? Will be settled off camera between films. God, I can't wait til they start having necks snapping in those films.

AoU was terrible. It's the perfect example of everything wrong with the MCU

yes

I just want more good villains.
They're on the right track with Ego and Vulture (Ward, Fisk and Stokes on TV side) but other villains are just bad.

I liked Purple Man
Though he went out like a bitch and was ultimately wasted

>Why are they wasting Nuke on her show when he could've been amazing on DD?
To be fair, Jessica Jones doesn't really have a ton of villains herself

>And both Nuke and Purple Man are pathetic in the show because God forbid a villain in Jessica Jones feels menacing like, say, Fisk or Nobu were on first season of DD.
Idk why they treated Nuke that way
They had Kilgrave be mostly just a rapist
That's not menacing at all

Well, for me he was the worst part of JJ.
I really don't get why people like a villain with so little charisma, sympathetic qualities, menace and intelligence. People kept telling me how amazing, scary and complex he is and all there was just a bad joke.

He's coming back probably
He has the power to raise himself from the dead

MCU movies jokes are getting out of hand, so newer movies don't seem all that interesting.
Still mad at Quicksilver's treatment.

I blame the writers because they felt the need to make Kilgrave a stupid, uncreative spoiled manbaby, there's so much could've been done than just "kill yourself/hurt yourself".
I'm not talking about gore or taking over the world, nothing so pedestrian. Just something actually suspenseful and psychological.

What's the point of using the twins if you don't use both?

I've never met someone that thought a Marvel movie was his favourite film of all time. Not even in his top 10.

It can get definitely get worse with X-Fags onboard.

Super speed is such a hacky plot device that it calls into question why the fuck it isn't used at every opportunity without the writing taking a huge hit. I imagine that he was killed off to waylay any questions as to why Quicksilver can't solve the problems of the other Avengers for the most part, especially when a lot of the bitching before this point is related to how come Avengers don't call or help each other in the solos.

The MCU wasn't that fast which I liked a lot
You didn't necessarily have to do a lot for that character
He was just fast, he didn't change physics to be so fast

I don't know why everyone said the X-men did him better
Even if you liked his flash-tier speed more, he only did two scenes and was out

Exactly

Quicksilver wasn't faster than a bullet and he barely went faster than the off-railed train, he also could get tired.
and it was these limitations that could had made him great.

I think the main issue with AoU is the pacing. It gets very fucking appearing on multiple re-watches.

What if they had waited and killed him off in the airport battle?

Scarlet Witch having to go against both her bf and brother would have a been a great dynamic to see
Having her actions cause the death of her brother would have been interesting to see

The first Avengers movie is worse with pacing

I'd rather have him survive both, but yeah, even that would had been better.
Hopefully they revive him with gem shenanigans after Infinity War.

We admitedly need more Slavsilver, watching his interactions with other Avengers would be cool, just imagine his angst during the Sokovia accords debate, him getting to be the one comforting Wanda after the Lagos incident, being perpetually rude against Stark and bonding with Cap as he trains him.
Also more interesting effects in the battles

>I don't know why everyone said the X-men did him better

Because Sweet Dreams and the whole "h-he's fast!" slow-mo scenes, there wasn't much to him outside of the scenes where he's zipping around, but hey, he did a cool thing!

He's a shitton faster than anything on Earth, and he was clearing those bystanders from the path of the train no problem. Getting sprayed by Ultron was just bullshit writing, considering he was able to perceive Hawkeye's bullet rising in front of him, he would have been able to path around the bullets that killed him if it weren't for Hawkeye and that kid being in the way.

He could be blindsided and tire out, and that's fine if there weren't contrived circumstances to force these to be an issue. The problem is that there aren't many believable circumstances unless they involve these contrivances, getting sprayed by Ultron was one of them.

Super speed bugs the fuck of me in general, it just encourages shitty writing unless they play it straight on how broken it is.

>No post-CW Cap's Kooky Quartet
It hurts.

He still wasn't near Fox's Quicksilver speed, so that's already +1 for him, and he wasn't faster than the train by much.

Super speed can be done well if you give it limitations, of course they fucked that bit when they added that scene where he perceived Hawkeye's bullet just because it would look cool.

You know if Tony actually tried flying his Iron Man suit around, his entire body would turn into jelly

Some things you're just gonna have to ignore

However they did try to use his power to the best of his ability, not like Fox who dumped him off after his scene and pretty much ignored it the rest of the time

Why the fuck is this Sup Forums thread still up?

Rather have tons of MCU threads instead of 1 general?

When will the MCU end?

I love the MCU and each and every one of the movies entertain me greatly. But maybe that's just me speaking as someone who actually enjoys cape comics for what they are instead of expecting The Deer Hunter with superheroes

>another retard who can only think in extremes

At the collapse of capitalism

let me guess, you thought the film version of watchmen was good

>retarded assumptions out of nowhere
I guess there's really something in the water in America.

As much as I love Marvel, they do need to put in a bit more effort into the characters, but they don't need to because they don't have any competition at the moment. Why take risks when there's nobody in your league?

This is also exactly why DC need to get themselves sorted and stop making shit. WW was mostly heading in the right direction until the last act, but other than that, it was all shit or mediocre. If DC could somehow stop fucking up characters that should be raking in cash, Marvel would need to start taking those risks.

Long story short, marvel needs the competition to be better, DC needs to be better to be competition. Both being at the same level would be good because we win with better movies from both studios.

Agreed. I should admit, I didn't even care about following comics at all before GOTG came out, I'd read one or another but never really in depth or beyond 5 issues... After the movie, I wanted to know more about the Guardians and ended up checking the DnA stuff, which made me instantly a fan of the entire team (until then I was starting to get into comics via Captain Marvel and read some of Bendis/Humphries, that was a mess).
Anyway the point is, the DnA stuff is excellent but it was too serious and alien for regular audiences. It would only have worked as an independent sort of science fiction movie and even then it would have to be watered down. I only dug it right away because I was already a huge science fiction fan.

>I've never met someone
ftfy

>dude if they aren't the best movies of all fucking time then they aren't worth anything!

When people stop spending money on it

It's so nice whenever I have an excuse to love a David Tennant performance. He's far and away the best part of the series and damn near carries the whole thing on his back. The series was actually severely damaged by mere virtue of the fact that the second half wasn't Jessica legitimately trying to reform Kilgrave; the far more interesting option. Teasing us with it wasn't fair.

You meet people?

>This summer
>an entire universe
>once and for all

is this English?

Here's hoping Black Panther doesn't have a buncha jokes.

I liked it.

March, probably.