As Told By Ginger

As Told By Ginger

Did anybody like this thing?

I didn't give it much of a chance because of how ugly it looked.

>I didn't give it much of a chance because of how ugly it looked.
That's how all of the girls in your high school described you.

Damn, good roast.

It featured more realistic behaviour than most of the live-action high school drama shows at the time.

it was kinda good, until they got to high school(?) after that it kinda lost me, then when i watched again the black guy was popular and a football player, and the blonde bitch in the middle was popular or something(?).
actually ginger was very bland in the end...

You know, if the art had been better, Ginger would've been cute.

I always pased on it because I thought it was just something stupid like Dawson's Creek. I didn't want to watch teen problems in real life, so why would I want to watch them animated? I also thought it was a girl's show and I was super into girly shit as a kid and went too far in the opposite direction when that came on.

Damn, the digits and the roast

It had a lot of potential but then handled it very limply. Carl and Hoodsey subplots tended to be better than Ginger's plots, but those were just kind of okay. A bit sedate.

It was actually pretty good from what I recall. The artwork keep me away for a long time but that intro was pretty sweet and once I gave it a chance, it had more depth than I thought. Until the Highschool portion, then I fell out.

blame fucking CLASKY KSCUOPEO

Lois was the only decent character. Everyone else was annoying.

I watched it just because the intro theme was so good.It has some nice moments with meaningful character development. There is the typical "teenage girl" tropes but it was an overall good watch.

I watch this whole show once a year. I don't have a certain time that I do it, just each year.

>First post
>Trips
>OP blown the fuck out
Arguably one of the best posts made on this board

savage

pUt JoHn... Dee in thE ScREEnCap...

OP btfo

I thought it was endearing and honestly think it looks fine in motion. Favorite jerk fantasy was fucking Marcie while she sang little seal girl, her raspy nasal voice did things to my young bone.

I quite like it, even now

It had a certain realness to it that few other shows have managed

And ye get used to the art after a while

Damn!

I know the drawings was kind of strange, but damn, that thing had a soul not every show out there manages to depict.

its like ah real monsters and rugrats fugged and this is the abomination it birthed

Man, I remember thinking this show was disturbingly gross looking back on the day. Now, it looks like high art compared to shit like Big Mouth.

Wow, do this with the black girl and the posh bitch.

Not even the polar ice caps could heal that burn!

courtney best girl

fpbp

Fuckin savage trips

It honestly was hideous but the writing was ok.

you should have kept watching, ginger's boyfriend cheated on her and then she got appendicitis and was hospitalized

Didn't her mother also re-marry?

>cheated on her
>together with him in the end

yes

it bugs me that they never showed them fixing things up, the fast forward came and they were already married

>tfw courtney got bad end

user, you know the 14th amendment made it illegal to own niggas like this, right?

Damn trips

fucking

dodie

bishop

All Klasky csupo animation was hideously Jewish to me. I couldn't watch any of it. Especially rugrats.

Goddamn, trips of truth strike again

It's literally ComBloc-style animation. It's also CalArts.

>bad end for best girl
>didn't get dyked but B L A C K E D
Ending is non-canon

>Ending is non-canon
thats how i view dawsons creek

Hello R*ddit.

You know if this came out today there's a good chance Courtney/Ginger would've been endgame.

Somebody get OP a fucking tombstone

Put me in the screencap.

Hi mom!

I was a kid and didn't care about any of that fucking teenage drama shit.
I usually switched to fox kids if it was on.

Put me in the screencap so I can live on after I eventually die.

I good friend I had growing up used to watch it, I was never into it at the time but the theme has become very nostalgic to me

I'm taking a few years off my life and giving them to you. You obviously deserve as much time on this earth as possible

lel

Charming in its own way but the art style was ugly and they forgot how to write any jokes.

I AM IN DOWN TOWN Sup Forums WHERE OP HAS BEEN UTTERLY DEVASTATED IN THE SICKEST BURN I HAVE EVER WITNESSED!

Jesus Christ how delicious.

Courtney didn't deserve a bad end.
Miranda, however...
Let's be nercifull

Ooooohh shit.
Daaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnnnnnn.......

It had a 12 year old girl getting her bikini top ripped off for stuffing her bra.

I can safely say, marketing this at 12 year old kids, was fucking hilarious.

ohh fuck, now i remember, she got poor or something, and no longer was popular, right?
but what happend to her in the end?

fpbp

Her dad was arrested for embezzlement,list everything. They moved into Ginger's old house. She wasn't in the epilogue, so presumably just isn't part of Ginger's life anymore.

She wanted to impress a certain boy.

It was a pretty ambitious cartoon for its time. If it had a better art style and aired on MTV instead of Nickelodeon, it would have probably been better received.

I will never forgive them for shitting on best girl Courtney.

Can I be in the screenshot?

>She wanted to impress a certain boy.
>Courtney
>straight

She didn't. IIRC, she was more worried about the older girls judging her for lack of tits.

Also Courtny is gayer than an Elton John love song about the barely legal Filipino slave boy he has.

Courtney is bi.

T R I P S S P E A K T H E T R U T H

DESTROYED

I missed the final season when it aired and went back to catch up on a few years ago. The ending really bothered me. Ginger had a different boyfriend in the last few episodes who was a pretty decent guy from what I remember. I think he even went with her to her mom's wedding and tried to help her get over her anti-marriage attitude since her parents were divorced. Yet she went back to Darren because we can't have a show end with characters not being with their highschool sweethearts.

Courtney definitely deserved better than she got. Sure her parents sucked but she wasn't the stereotypical rich bitch. Even Blake was pretty alright. He was just weird and gay.

The whole "rich family loses it all" trope is really stupid unless the rich family are assholes. It was one of the reasons I didn't care for the ending of Gravity Falls too.

Except the rich family in Gravity Falls were assholes and they didn't even lose it all, they just became less affluent.

Get that head canon out of this thread.

creators wanted her to confess her feelings to Ginger and she turns her down, but they weren't allowed to, so it never made it to the show

>"Aww Yeah an As Told By Ginger thread"
>Thread gets derailed in the first post

[citation needed]

WHAT FUCKING SONG IS THAT? AND IS THERE A MUSIC VIDEO?

God this fucking pissed me off. Even moreso because Darren was a fucking bro at the start of the series. But motherfucking football! He even knew it early on, didn't want to be part of that shit, but no, he gave in and the damn sport turned him

Losing that heap of metal in his head was the worst thing that ever happened to him

A fucking cretin of a character whose wretchedness I have rarely seen the like of

The fact that she just fucking vanishes, that's the biggest insult the show managed, I think. Probably one of the truest friends Ginger ever had, and the doesn't even get shown with the rest of the fuckers in the epilogue. It's a disgrace

At least there's always fanfiction.
My ships are canon there

BLACKED

That like the Jewish spark plugs from Four Lions?

>What OP looks like after getting assblasted

Can You Feel the Love Tonight

I remember a TV movie or something of this show had a girl with telekinesis.