Consolation: Namor

screenrant.com/disney-fox-deal-comcast-bid/

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/Family-Guy-and-Kingdom-Hearts-Crossovers/129/1548/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought this was already finalized. How can they outbid them?

I don’t wanna fathom a hell where Comcast starts buying stuff like that

Namorfag, fuck off. Besides, no one outbids The Mouse

I don't remember reading anywhere that it was finalized, I think everyone heard about it and jumped the gun

Good, I don't want to lose Fox Sports regional networks to fucking ESPN.

These things always take like 5+ years. Like that AT&T deal to get T Mobile isn't even close yet iirc.

Disney controlling all of media is bad enough, Comcast controlling it would be 10x worse though.

>finalized
Business deals like this aren't instantaneous. It still has to go through government approval and shit which takes at least a year.

FUCK OFF COMCAST!

FOX Sports, FOX News, and the Affiliates were all expressly exempt from the deal.

In regards to OP: Dear God Please No.

A lot of triggered mousecucks itt.

No, it's only Fox Sports national that was excluded. The Fox Sports regionals were part of the deal.

Guess they gotta make for their failed monsterverse at universal.

If anyone can outspentd the mouse, it's comcast.
The tears of a million fanboys and nerdbloggers will be fun to watch at least.

I guess you've never actually had to deal with Comcast. I can dislike the house of mouse, but they've never actively tried to fuck me
Disney probably has right off first refusal on the x-properties, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there about a fresh push from Comcast.

YES PLEASE YES

ANYTHING BUT DISNEY

TheOfficeNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.gif

>FFags on suicide watch
Good. Serves you well for dissing x-fags

As evil as Comcast is, Disney is probably the single most evil corporation in existence.

Comcast media is NBC, not literally the cable company.

>its popular so its bad reeee!!

Why does the universe not want Marvel to get its properties back?

BASED COMCAST!

>its popular so its good!!! XD

they don't deserve them back with the way they've been acting

Because Disney make terrible movies.

What does this do to Jackman's reshoots for Infinity War p2?

this

Because they sold them away in the first place? If you fuck up the business so bad you have to sell the rights to your shit away, the universe isn't obligated to return them.

i'll be honest i fucking hate disney. star wars is shit and we all know damn well that disney would make x-men vanilla and tame so it only appeals to kids. they'd never present dystopian plots that are signature to mutant stories

One thing for sure, no matter what happens, it will take years before FF is back at marvel

Yeah, I'd prefer to keep it split a bit more. Get some more diversity in the game.

They get them back if Fox is bought

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

This is my preferred solution: give all the capeshit back to Disney, and let Comcast have the rest.

>Because Disney make terrible movies.
Yeah, that doesn't sound like a butthurt DChad at all

This so much

Oh like Comcast does?

On one hand I hate this because further mega-corp conglomeration is shit unless I can live in the cool grimy cyberpunk future and not the sterile autistic one. On the other hand watching all the Mousecucks get blue balled after masturbating so furiously to MCU getting the X-Men would be great.

I'm not sure what you consider "stuff like that" but Comcast has owned NBCUniversal for like a decade, which in turn means that they own Dreamworks and part of Illumination.

>reportedly may consider

Jesus Christ, imagine how much of an uninformed sheltered selfish manchild you have to be to make this statement.

fanfiction.net/Family-Guy-and-Kingdom-Hearts-Crossovers/129/1548/
hey sora, remember that time you accidentaly got into one of those racist movies?

>Consolation: Namor

but Quesada said Marvel has Namor.

Who the fuck has Namor's rights?

Nobody because no one cares enough about him to ever consider putting him in a movie.

>Comcast
Who?

Nobody said that
2/10 bait. Try harder.

Marvel does but Feige probably has less interest in him than Inhumans

>People buy their properties when they were failing
>those people made their properties bug enough their remaining properties could also flourish
>hey can we get back those billion dollar properties back now
>um uh no
>FUCKING BASTARD #bringthemhome

People can money with them, having them at the cost of everything else is profitable.

Reminder that if Comcast were to buy Fox the X-men/FF rights will automatically revert back to Marvel regardless.

Doesn’t Universal have him?

they did but didn't do shit with him so I guess the rights reverted to Marvel? they didnt make a Namor movie. Quesada said Namor is with Marvel

jesus christ you guys are such overly sensative pussies. You cant fathom that maybe some people out there genuinely think the MCU is all around shit? I'm not even the guy you're replying too, and I think that all but 3 of the MCU movies are just utter garbage.

Stop being so obsessed with your multi billion dollar company that you cant accept other people on an anyomous image board disliking it. Get a real identity outside of company wars.

American ISP/Cable TV provider. Really greedy organization that controls most the US cable and internet and jacks prices up to insane amounts because they have no competition.

Probably because his wife fell in love with him after he threatened their family.

>may

or because casual nobs would call him a ripoff Aquaman

unless they did a WW2 movie with Torch and Cap

>super hero IP is pure gold

name 1 movie that made more money last year that wasnt Star Wars

capes is hot ass shit

It's sad that the only thing people can think about is Superhero movies when hearing about the largest companies in the world buying out their competition and becoming an unstoppable monopoly.

While they're both pretty evil Disney has that whole "Child/Family Friendly" rep they do their best to keep up.

maybe if the monopoly was something that actually affected my well being, like healthcare or banks.

X-Men and the Fantastic Four are small potatoes in this. The winner gets Fox's television and movie library, a controlling interest in Hulu, and the distribution rights to A New Hope in perpetuity.

If Comcast wins, they can easily dick Disney over on Star Wars box sets and digital rights.

Are you out of your fucking mind?

I would take 10,000 Disney’s over one Comcast.

At least Disney had something awesome at its core at some point. At least it’s roots were planted in creativity.

Comcast is just a beast that crawled out of the techno muck of the 1960s and 70s.

But Disney doesn't want that, they want all the other shit for the streaming service

I'm sick of people who only think about movie crossovers when people announce a megacorporation is consuming another one

Nah, that goes to Google.

Disney isn't doing this deal just to get X-Men rights. They want all the other shit to stream on their new platform.

GOOD

finally a stream service with good shit

I can't tell you how many times I fired up the Netflix only to browse through a hundred titles and see nothing but GARBAGE

Disney will give us a platform with the movies we want to see

Netflix is like a full refrigerator with nothing to eat.

I think i'll just stick to pirating and not give the Disney Jews my money.

Though Comcast getting it will fuck over both because they'll launch a streaming service to compete with both Netflix and Disney and will result in you having to pay for all three just to get the shit you can watch on Netflix now.

>disney defense force

we are not on Sup Forums, fuck off
sincerely,
user

It needs regulatory approval (18 months), then final signatures.

It's not happening anyway.

Disney's right of first refusal likely only applies if the rights are offered individually, not if the entire company changes hands.

But I would imagine Comcast would be amenable to a deal, if there were going to be any sale.

Isn't AT&T Comp over there ?
Or are they just mobile coverage providers ? Never read that much into it

The Disney deal won't happen or Comcast won't outbid them?

I'd rather have fox go to comcast instead of post-walt Disney

Wouldn't that give Disney an illegal monopoly?

There are laws against monopolies and no, disney wasn't going to become one. They left out certain fox properties to avoid being able to be considered one.

It's like something you would see in a joke.

AT&T is cable, mobile and internet, it is the largest but not by much.

Comcast though, is second in terms of Cable Internet and Mobile. BUT also has holdings over Universal, NBC, Telemundo, Time Warner, The Weather Channel, E!, USA, Dreamworks, SportsNet, various Sports Centres, so every time you go to one of their stadiums, they make a fuck ton of money, and some minor Venture Capital holdings.

Comcast is known to fuck people over and try to monopolise neighborhoods and cities, then once every competition is dead, they force the prices up the ass and lower the internet to the point of unusability, but you can't do shit because they are the only option.

They also are only allowed to say they have the fastest internet because all other competition is dead.

Once you see a commercial in your neighborhood saying Xfinity or Comcast has the fastest whatever, then that means you already lost.

Bullshit made up rumor created to test the waters and evaluate people's reaction at the possibility of the Disney-fox deal not going through.

Probably? Though honestly, it's not like the government will do anything about it either way.

>"I fucking LOVE pseudo-monopolistic corporate conglomerates"

I solely care for Doom.

This doesn't surprised me, they always seemed to have very slow speeds to me. I've always got the best value out of charter.
It's awful when you have no choice in providers.

On the plus side, if everything is concentrated in the hands of two companies, it will only take a very limited number of targeted strikes to free us from capeshit.

Monopoly on what?

Fuck, is this why AT&T wants that Time Warner merger? To compete with Comcast on bigger footing?

The issue, dude, is that you're doing the same.
No one who's sane enough wants to be in a shithole as bad as Comcast, besides, it's been already proven multiple times how that enterprise is an even worse and bigger monopoly than Disney.

And it's not like Disney getting Fox will make everything go to shit instantly, which can no be said equally when Comcast is near your neighbourhood/venue/etc.
See

Yea they want a production arm like Comcast has.

Disney should buy Hasbro. THAT'D give them a Monopoly.

While I fear these megacorps, I can't deny that I am curious to what would happen if the AT&T merger goes through

Nah they make too much licensing to many companies. Also they don't want the headache of the Hasbro properties and I'd wager Mattel has written legislation in the past to keep such a thing from happening.

>CNBC has reportedly spoken to Comcast insiders who are considering topping Disney’s offer
"reportedly" "considering". Yeah, that news might as well be carved in stone, I'd have no problems building a house on such a stable foundation right there.

Also note that Disney was pushed in the first place because Fox saw *Comcast* as facing more regulatory hurdles than Disney would. Fox isn't going to want to waste a couple of years of negotiation with Comcast only for the merger to be rejected. Comcast could double Disney's offer and if it isnt going to be approved its doubling zero.

This smells like Comcast more wanting to poison the well at this point than to truly get in on the deal.

I have faith that if I simply wait, you'll get it.

Well yea they bought Milton Bradley and Parker Bros a while ago. They've got all the monopolies on that end.