AMAZON CONAN SERIES

> Amazon is developing drama series Conan, based on the books by Robert E. Howard, Deadline has learned. The project hails from Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, Game of Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik, Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield

>The show will reportedly take the character back "to his literary origins", and is described as follows:

>Driven out of his tribal homelands, Conan wanders the mysterious and treacherous world of civilization where he searches for purpose in a place that rejects him as a mindless savage.

I'm sure it won't be a big steaming pile of shit.

Can we expect sex and fire?

*gore

Holy fuck Bezoes wants a GoT so bad he's buying up the rights to every fantasy property that's not GoT.

Amazon has Tolkien and Conan now, the two 10/10 foundational pillars of modern fantasy. If they make these shows shitty GoT knockoffs I wille xecute these fucks

>Conan on Amazon
>Lord of the Rings on Amazon
>Witcher on Netflix
>Kingkiller on Showtime (feat. Sam Raimi)

One of these HAS to be good right guys..?

Maybe Witcher. Raimi is terrible. A Conan origin didnt work so great last film. The Tolkien stuff is going to be rough, with both book nerds and film nerds fighting the tv nerds

>Raimi is terrible

>Raimi is terrible

Kingkiller books will never be finished so no matter what the past 3rd of the show will be steaming shit

Let them fight. I won't be surprised if Amazon LOTR is still movieverse. Just too soon for it to be otherwise. Give it more time for a clean slate.

Now Conan had almost 30 years until the Momoa reboot but they fucked that up by basically copying the Arnold origin anyway, and they never got around to making King Conan either so nobody is happy. But people might react to a show better than they did with Momoa if the ingredients are good.

No one even remembered the Momoa movie existed 3 months after it was released anyway

>Toxic masculinity
will never fly

How are they going to do this? Aren't most original Conan stories just featuring Conan and some random extra's? Especially the early ones. I mean, I would definitely watch it but it wouldn't be the GoT they want to have.

Pretty sad that you think a property being episodic means it can't be a television show.

Its probably their attempt at Game of Thrones, so probably.

Hey I would love it. I just doubt Amazon would want that as they're obviously searching for the next GoT.

>Now Conan had almost 30 years until the Momoa reboot

It's for you

>Raimi is terrible

Why would you have faith that the one with the worst source material?

>Raimi is terrible

I've only just gotten into Conan, having finished Red Nails the other night and almost being done with The Phoenix on the Sword, but I'm optimistic about this. As more of a Burroughs man I'd be excited as hell if they had announced a similar treatment for Barsoom, Tarzan, or Pellucidar.