Why does something exist rather than nothing?

Why does something exist rather than nothing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1OLz6uUuMp8
youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk
gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Jews.

kek wills it

Meaningless, that's like saying 0 = 0. It doesn't matter which side of the equation the 0 is on.

We did the "nothing" thing for a while but it got boring, so now we're doing this instead for a bit.

So you're saying that nothing exists as it stands or that what exists is as if nothing existed at all? Interesting.

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

Checked

Because of God.

Amen brother,

nothing cannot exist without something

You thinks, therefore you ams

Anthropic Principle. We wouldn't know Nothingness because we are here and are Something. There could be infinite universes that are not functional but we would never be able to observe them since we could not exist there.

Definitely, but that's why I exists, not the Universes.

Because nothingness doesn't exist

>Anthropic Principle
That does not explain anything.

Τράβα μωρέ μαλάkα μια μαλαkία να ξελαμπιkάρει το μυαλό σου που μου 'ρθες στο Sup Forums να αρχίσεις φιλοσοφιkή συζήτηση.

P.S. Nothing is harder to define. That's why.

>nothing
>exist

pick 1

Why would nothing exist rather than something?

The dilemma disappears when you consider consciousness as the basis of the universe instead of matter.

who cares

shadilay

Calm down savage Greek. You are amongst Sup Forums intellectuals here.

There is something, but not some thing.
There is no thing, but not nothing.

Nonexistence is an impossibility. The logical equivalent is the liars paradox.

because you're a faggot OP

interesting digits co inhabitor

God.

Every time.

Shadilay, my brothers. The 90s are back, and time is dialing back even further.

If you were in the universe where nothing existed you wouldn't be asking this question.

For fucks sake you goddamn morons
watch this motherfuckers
youtube.com/watch?v=1OLz6uUuMp8

It's a malformed question. Like asking "who is the sky?"

There is no why. Without proof of someone being able to choose why, there just is.

The concepts of nothing and something are mutually reliant on each other to exist

It is impossible for nothing to exist, nothingness is limited by itself. Nothing is not a state of being, it cannot exist because it is by definition, not a state of existence, it is nothing. Existence is a mandatory state, and it is infinite.
Still gives me mild anxiety to think about.

Not an argument

That's true but it seems like a linguistic trick to me.

Nothing to feel anxious about. We simply are.

It's called rhetoric.

Then why does consciousness exist?

>Why does something exist rather than nothing?
Nothingness doesn't exist nor does it not exist.

That's the void, the nothingness.

Now what is really interesting, is why logic exists, that is the question you should be asking. Why do logical laws govern the universe, and why can't anything happen, why can't nothing exist?

Why is there Kek, rather than no Kek?

Since when did the aussie's
shit post become one with kek

I know, I just think it's an animalistic response to being open and exposed, like being in an open field with no shelter, except the field is infinite.

Nothing is just a conception. It's the lack of something else. Even deep space isn't a total vacuum, it's a thin plasma

Nothing is something

Logical laws are based on observation or at least they should be. Its more like we pull out the laws from whatever it is we see. Our logic is reliant on the material conditions of the universe, kinda Marxist.

This leads to an infinite regress.

Because only intent can cause reactions.

It doesn't

The universe is a giant structure floating in nothingness. It is self contained and tightly nit, folding in on itself through every dimension (see the attached Calabi Yau manifold). It expands and contracts like a pendulum, giving the illusion of gravity and time in the lower dimensions.

>Mexican Intellectuals

>Smart Black Man intensifies
Why do niggers exist?

wut.
youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

S H A D I L A Y

I am nothing and in the same way, I am everything. I can make others feel what I want and essentially my consciousness lives in the atmosphere of other humans.
I can ask probably all physical questions as, because I'm nothing, I only explore logic and rationality, without care, although I'm relatively young.
I can trip at will to create any desired effect within my body and others, although they have to let me or, rather, stop controlling themselves. Those that are free can be easily controlled, until they specifically stop it (and have more power to do so than those that control.)
First answer, there is a good vs. evil disectomy happening everyday.
It's freedom vs. control.
I also speak to myself through music, or rather, God does or the conceptual thing I cannot be, but exists as all.

Cogito ergo sum.

Possible, but I thinks that's kind of circular logic. I think it's more likely that there are infinite states of logic and existence, and we can only observe (or we collapse the wave function of possibilities) the ones that are logical.

the question is flawed. You can only contextualise nothing because you exist and trust me when i say the nothing you are referring to is something. There is no word to truly describe the void of existence and there won't ever be as even the phrase I just used "void of existence" is horrible at describing what im trying to describe.
Its not a question of why existence and not " " because even the first nanosecond in after birth of existence or big bang whatever (((scientists))) are memeing the universe is infinite at whatever point in time you look at because time all the laws everything are only present in this existence. any before makes no sense as before is an aspect of time which makes no sense in the void of existence. The answer is that there is no why because it exists it exists and you can only deliberate such things because of existence.

WITNESSED

Reading this I can't help but corroborate it with what I have done my whole life.

Which I describe as surfing a vibe like a wave to change everyone's direction. What an insightful post.

Because the Universe was created by a logical Creator

Βρε μαλαkοkαύλη, το είδες το γαμωβιντεο kιόλας;
Δες το μπας kαι ξεστραβωθείς.

Weed man lmao

God

are you saying nothing doesn't "not" exist? it does not NOT exist? So it exists?

This guy gets it

Who created the creator? If the creator is infinite what is the difference between an infinite universe and an infinite creator?

what happens after you die

shadilay brothers and sisters

If you're wondering why things are in a specific way which lends itself to building blocks that create something as sublime as man and nature: God.

The earth is likely 6,000 years old, and God created it with laws, history, and love.

what about the other 95% of his post?

Consciousness is the result of a singularity, where the universe loops back on itself. The universe experiences itself and records memory its experience.

Evidence of this singularity can be seen in paradoxical situations, such as the human brain naming itself.

God Wills it.

But time isn't empirical, and not a universal condition.

Θα το δώ βρε ηρέμησε

Who created the person who created the creator? There must be a first cause to everything that exists now, and that cause can only be fulfilled by an infinitely powerful and great deity, one that supernaturally transcends space and time.

Not so, God is not some object in the universe subject to the rules of physics and time, his is outside time and physics entirely, he created the concepts of time and physics. He's incomprehensible, three-in-one yet one being, he could create an unmovable object and then move it anyway because screw the laws of physics, he isn't just good, he IS good, so much so that our lives as Christians revolves around trying to be like him. He is not just some thing in the universe to be found and explained.

1000%
If I can get my white light on (and my whole paradigm has been in a downride for like 2 years because my bitch stole my ego because I was a naive fool who let some liliths wings shit inside of me) at work, the control freak women start just attacking people """"as jokes"""" but really they are just going through a moderate anxious state as I reduce their control and inject beautiful free feeling into their psyche and most of the dudes in the room resound with it.
Those that control are insecure with themselves. The power to be free will always win over control, as reality is not defined. Chaos defines what nexts, if you feel it will. Control needs to be programmed. Most controllers can not even program. I program without even thinking about it, hyuck hyuck.

yes it is bud

idk but i am now friends with the daughter of the president of subway so my lifes taking an upward trend.

Find any chronitons lately?

i was told the answer to this question. but its to mindblowing for me to write on Sup Forums.

we are talking about non existence, by the very definition time cannot exist

I also said it doesn't exist.

Moreover the idea that nothingness doesn't exist is still something and is dualistic in comparison.

It's not that either.

The nothingness op is referring to can't be defined.

The real answer is that it doesn't matter and none of us will ever truly know. Anyone claiming anything else is being dishonest and trying to deceive you.

Pointless question. You can only ask that question in the first place when something DOES exist, so no matter how small the chance is it has had to happen for you to be able to ask that.

>You can only contextualise nothing because you exist and trust me when i say the nothing you are referring to is something. There is no word to truly describe the void of existence and there won't ever be as even the phrase I just used "void of existence" is horrible at describing what im trying to describe.
Its not a question of why existence and not " " because even the first nanosecond in after birth of existence or big bang whatever (((scientists))) are memeing the universe is infinite at whatever point in time you look at because time all the laws everything are only present in this existence. any before makes no sense as before is an aspect of time which makes no sense in the void of existence. The answer is that there is no why because it exists it exists and you can only deliberate such things because of existence.

Ι undestand this I don't understand how it makes the question flawed.

The creator is not an it. It is. It is not physical. Physical isn't real. Nothing is real. It's all based on perspective. Once all perspective ends, nothing exists.
Consider "God" your consciousness.
Not sure. Conceptually, you can't die, except by choice. I've been outside my body, consciously and still had my identity of self.
The mind is a spiral black hole. The less identity, the bigger that black hole gets.

Because "nothing" in fact does not exist.

We have no proof it ever existed.

>You can only ask that question in the first place when something DOES exist, so no matter how small the chance is it has had to happen for you to be able to ask that.

This doesn't make this question more pointless than any other question we ask here on Earth. Its not a very food argument.

You go to Heaven or Hell. Receive Christ as payment for your sins, and you'll go to Heaven
More details here:
gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html

Our conscious actions are guided by universal mechanics like entropy, which ensures that our actions enfold in a way that could be predetermined (like animals, we only act by reacting, despite the illusion of free will). Free will can only be obtained once the human brain becomes so complex that it operates on the quantum level. Then, we will have a much better comprehension for what the universe is. We will see inside the machine.

The question is whether or not this happens in our lifetime. Some say that there are early signs of our consciousness working on the quantum level. This is supported by memetic theory and similar theories of conscious minds interacting with one another on physical planes.

Because it is in nature for things to be in a state(s) of change.

"Nothing" would imply a perfect balance, and that just ain't happenin

Indeed, sure we have the Big Bang (first theorized by a Catholic physicist), but the Big Bang fails to explain where all the matter that expanded came from. Matter cannot be created from nothing, and yet all the evidence so far points to the universe not having an infinite past, so there must have been an outside source for the Big Bang to occur.

The question is "why", not "whether". "Why" is a question of motive.

>Its not a very food argument.
Well it's at least food for thought.