38 year old Canadian

>38 year old Canadian
>Grew up with cartoons like Flintstones, Woody Woodpecker, Looney Tunes, Ducktales, Batman, Ninja Turtles, Muppet Babies and Transformers
>Has done voice work for every one of those properties

Why haven't you become a voice actor?

Other urls found in this thread:

voiceactingmastery.com/classes/online-voice-acting-classes
twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/960929607284387841
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't speak.

I can't voice act

>Why haven't you become a voice actor?
I have.

I'm a raging anti-semite.

Eric Bauza is legit one of the best VA's in the industry right now.

he also voiced Ezekiel Stane, and he sounds just like Griffith from Berserk in this role.

My dreams withered and died inside of me a long time ago.

I'm trying.
Been in fandubs with overwhelmingly positive feedback. Took a Crispin Freeman class and he said I could "play with the big boys" and was "totally professionally competitive."
Had a professional demo made and am auditioning to build up a body of work, hopefully get an agent, and become a professional voice actor.

Because I have no faith in myself

I hope you get far user.

If Crispin sees potiential in you, GO FOR IT!

I'm a BTVA regular, i'll probably enjoy your work in the years to come.

If Crispin says you're ready to go, you're ready to go. Get yourself an agent and don't forget about the guild/union. Ask around for good agencies from those who've coached you and whatnot. Get headshots down and try making a profile on something like Actor's Access.

I wish I had the confidence to make a demo. I wish you the best of luck.

Please keep pushing ahead.

I decided to become an animator instead.

Thanks. Will do.

Reliable agencies/union representation for voice acting are sparse in Philadelphia Probably have to take a leap of faith on one.

this character's hair pisses me off

I don't have that good of a voice range, and my normal voice is monotone

I can't act

I don't live in LA

Who's he voicing in the new Muppet Babies series again?

Because I hate jews.

Could always start small and go to Texas, Funimations dubs are plentiful and almost any newcomer can rack up a lot of roles and get well known pretty quickly,

Baby Fozzie and I know Dee Bradley Baker is Baby Animal

He'd probably be better off starting in New York (since it's so close to him) like Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi did.

All I can say is wait for May Sup Forums ;)

Do they really take in anyone?

I can't even be a youtuber because my enunciation is terrible.
I'm Albus Mumbledore.

don't know where to start
don't even know if I'm good enough (which I'm probably not)

>Move to Los Angeles
>Take acting classes/workshops
>Create a demo (a portfolio of your performances)
>Join a union (SAG-AFTRA)
>Send that demo around to potential agencies you'd like to represent you

A very rough series of steps on how you'd start going about a career in voice over

I’m not in LA.. yet

I really wanted to. But I've got a weird croaking voice and not much range, and I'm autistic so I tend to sound stilted. Shit sucks.

They do but anime is really shit pay, as anyone in the business will tell you. Usually Funi’s actors do multiple shows at once while LA actors could be better off even doing 3 shows or some triple A video games

>Move to Los Angeles
>Take acting classes/workshops

Eh, doesn't really matter to me. I just want to do what I've always wanted to do.

I'd rather create my own things by becoming an artist than help other creations come into being.

Moving to LA is probably the hardest and biggest commitment, but think of whoever your favorite voice actor is. Look them up on Wikipedia, and see where they were born. Almost 9 times out of 10, they weren't born in LA. They moved there to pursue acting. People like Eric Bauza, Maurice Lamarche, and Tara Strong weren't even born in the United States, they're all from Canada.

Like I mentioned, Crispin Freeman offers an online class and his teaching and advice is great. Spots for the class go quickly, so you kind of have to jump on it, but it is worth it.
He also offers 1-on-1 lessons (for people that have taken the 1st class)
voiceactingmastery.com/classes/online-voice-acting-classes

Because I'm a writer.

Eric Bauza is also an animator. You can do both user!

True but New York VAs have a stigma attached to them (cause of 4Kids) even though most of them are talented.

And Chris Niosi.

I didn’t know the Bauz was an animator too. Boy he continues to amaze me.

I've seen a lot of Bauza's drawings on Twitter but don't know if he's ever done it professionally.

He's good at what he does, though.

He can do everything, apparently

except be your friend, user

;_;

Well, some of us can't do everything

>Atomic Puppet S2 still not confirmed
Dear Lord, please end my suffering.

>Move to Los Angeles
moving/living there is pricey, isn't it? I'm kind of poor, so I guess I'm fucked

>Move to Los Angeles
>go back home after a string of failures absolutely broke realizing you have no talent
Good idea user

Disney fucked that show so hard. It's a shame since I think it's one of the better modern cartoons out right now.

Agreed, it's a shame people didn't watch it probably because it was Canadian, even though it was amazing, well written and the story actually evolved.

I mean, until I got roommates I was living in a van that I converted into a sleeping area. Living like a hippie/homeless person is pretty easy as long as you have a 24-hour gym that gives you your own locker. That way, you've got a place to store your dress clothing, a place to shower, and a spot for your valuables.

A PO box or UPS box can by and large be used as your address if you're okay with saying it's a place you live in and work out of to a potential employer.

>only do voices as a goof with family and friends
>don't have the voice or training necessary to make it
>chronic underachiever
Take yer pick.

Huh, anyone know who's Kermit or Piggy?

You'd be surprised with the low standards of the industry. many shows these days have showrunners or other members of the production staff doing voices. To say nothing about the shows that don't even use name VAs of any kind.

twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/960929607284387841

It reminds of the old machinima days

>I'm mexican, I live in northern east part of the country, I really hate chilangos
There's just no way for me